Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: (49402 Views)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by dechandel(f): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2016
GettysBurg:

That's not true! In many airports in the USA, including JFK, New York, you pay up to $6 to use a trolley.

And it is not N500 paid for trolleys at MMIA Lagos.

Make we dey talk true.
Actually you are right, its not N500 for trolleys there. lipsrsealed

Its N500 and above.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Chinwem(f): 9:47am On Jan 07, 2016
Chosen1984:
Very True. I experienced that a few weeks ago. The treeking wasn't palatable at all. The worst is the guys with the trolleys would tell you u can't take it to the park.

NIGERIA REALLY NEEDS TO BE CLEANSED

That's just plain annoying
So what's the point of the trolley then?
Ridiculous

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Trolley is not free at LAX, you found one that hasn't been picked up by the porters.

There's a line by baggage claim where you have to use a credit card to release one.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/07/16/cheap-luggage-cart-airport/
Yeah, the one I used wasn't among a stack of trolleys. I probably got lucky cool

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by nevilbot: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.

Sir or ma, using trolley at airport is not free everywhere in d world. I live in frankfurt germany and at d frankfurt airport which i must add is d busiest airport in d whole of europe, u av to insert a one or two euro coin into d trolley before it can be unchained for u to use. After using it , u drop it in a rack without getting ur money back.

So stop painting everything in nigeria as bad as if u av bin everywia in d world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by bigtt76(f): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2016
I agree with you. In the UK, super markets and big stores like our Shoprite charges you 1 pound to use their trolley but good thing is you get back your 1 pound coin when you return it back to the trolley lot grin

To make matter worse, the walk way is riddled with pot holes and you can't stroll down with your wheeled luggage undecided

EgunMogaji:

Trolley is not free in the USA when departing unless you hijack an unused one in the parking lot. I know that it's free in arrival in Houston but not free in both arrival and departure in LAX

Let's be reasonable.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2016
Nigeria will only be better when we start doing the right thing and at the right time.
We have all it takes to live a comfortable life but those in the affairs of this Nation derive joy in diverting our resources to their selfish interest.
Even the devil dey respect our leaders when it comes to looting.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2016
nevilbot:

Sir or ma, using trolley at airport is not free everywhere in d world. I live in frankfurt germany and at d frankfurt airport which i must add is d busiest airport in d whole of europe, u av to insert a one or two euro coin into d trolley before it can be unchained for u to use. After using it , u drop it in a rack without getting ur money back.

So stop painting everything in nigeria as bad as if u av bin everywia in d world
Bros it is free. You dont get your money back because you didnt return it from where you took it. If you do once you push the chain into another it locks and your coin pops out. :-)
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by fejikudz(m): 10:18am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.
Easy bro cheesy cheesy
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Obijulius: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2016
Please don't just make statements to deceive people. I paid 6 dollars into a vending machine to use the trolley at JFK last month.

6*260=1560 Naira.

All the same...the airport services can be improved upon.

tensazangetsu:

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:

Root cause was the damn unification decree foisted on the country by the greedy SE elites.

That I'd the problem. That does not stop us from discussing the lost opportunity.
500 billion dollars earned in 5 years excluding the $1 billion loan from China that the corrupt Stella oduah got ftom China and yet the country's busiest airport remains an eyesore.
stop being ridiculous! What was the objective of the decree? If a decree was made in good faith and later turns out to have out lives its usefulness why didnt the "selfless" leaders from the North and South West upturn it? Back to our airport matter: If all the past administration did what they were supposed to do we wouldnt have been having this conversation. So stop blaming just the past administration. It is this same mind set that made our youth to give mandate to over 80 percent of those who had been in power over the past sixteen years, while calling for the head of just one man. The power that be understsnds the pysche of an average Nigerian, thereby giving you guys GEJ head while you allow them to continue exploiting the nations. I doubt if IBB and Abacha government combined received the same backlash as GEJ. My dear it is time we start holding everyone responsible if you want to talk about the rot in our aviation sector start from the begin and lay it all out, dont sound as if it was all rosy untill five years ago.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by akigbemaru: 10:26am On Jan 07, 2016
Airport Authority!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:
All the buses that are meant to shuttle passengers from the parking lots to the murtala mohammed international airport are no longer working due to lack of maintenace. May i remind you that there were all bought brand new some years back
Passengers have to trek miles in order to move from parking lot to air-port and vice versa.
I was unfortunate enough to have been at the airport yesterday and i ended up with severe back pain due to the trekking and load i tagged along.

Secondly, the car park toll gate was malfunctioning and the security men took maximum advantage. instead of paying at the cashier's desk, the security men would accept a token from vehicles and let them pass.

Please, how low can we go in this country?
this one pained you? Shebi u no miss your flight? Imagine from the toll gate to mm1,I spent 1:52mins in traffic.how many hours be the Lagos to London journey itself? Why can't this yeye government do something like flyover or underground passage to mm1? And why is it that it's only one entrance that leads to an international airport ?it took me some minutes to get my luggages out of the vehicle and na still hurry hurry self and you can imagine the numbers of people doing same or do they expect me to park at heavens road and then bring back my luggages to departures?you can't begin to phantom how much they make.my SUV paid 300 coming in and I know the same amount will be paid going out.naija government no dey try at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by joe4christ(m): 10:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Raymondenyi:
Cursed black men and black nations; disgrace to humanity; I wasn't expecting anything different...

Blackmen, Black brain.... Useless people, swine to the world... people living like pigs in 21st century and donot see it as a problem...

**spits**

Bros, take am easy na, you wan set Africa on fire. You self go burn o, 9ja blood runs in you...
Take am easy, we self no happy with the black Nations, atimes me self dey reason say the black nation is under a curse or something. But with critical observation, I've come to realise that the problem of Africa is actually a psychological one, programmed on us by the Colonial masters, the problem is, even when we think we are free and a sovereign society, in reality we are actually still Slaves to the whites, and one of the most effective weapon the used on us is no other thing than Religion, we traded our birthrights when we left our indigenous African religion for the western culture and religion. That made us lose our originality, as it is now, we are far from being original. We are mere shadows of our true potentials.
Those who actually brought this religion to us are actually less religious in practice, thus their advancement in all ramifications. Though they own these religion, they don't apply it in all works of life, they know when to be religious and when to be rational, they never allow it to becloud their reasoning.
But it's a pity, we are still under the bondage of a primitive mind cos we hold dear to primitive principles...
We need to prioritise our lives and Africa will become great.
Simple!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by boladez(m): 10:34am On Jan 07, 2016
The solution is for Government to sell a 40% stake to a company that can maintain the airports. They should have a independent board and I assure you , they will turn around the airport with half the cost of running it today. They will cut out govt inefficiency and waste ..this is the problem facing the airports and most Government facilities.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Ugosample(m): 10:49am On Jan 07, 2016
boladez:
The solution is for Government to sell a 40% stake to a company that can maintain the airports. They should have a independent board and I assure you , they will turn around the airport with half the cost of running it today. They will cut out govt inefficiency and waste ..this is the problem facing the airports and most Government facilities.

Simple and short. You smart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by MsNas(f): 10:58am On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Trolley is not free at LAX, you found one that hasn't been picked up by the porters.

There's a line by baggage claim where you have to use a credit card to release one.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/07/16/cheap-luggage-cart-airport/
It apparently changed. I passed through Tom Bradley International arrivals at LAX just this week and trolleys was free and for everybody at arrivals. There was even a free sign around it, and it's not just one of it, but more than a 100. It's true about departures tho, I think we had to cough out $5 or $10

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Tmaritas76(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2016
That serves you right,next time use peace mass transit.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 07, 2016
MsNas:

It apparently changed. I passed through Tom Bradley International arrivals at LAX just this week and trolleys was free and for everybody at arrivals. There was even a free sign around it, and it's not just one of it, but more than a 100. It's true about departures tho, I think we had to cough out $5 or $10
I paid $5 at the departure area last month at the same airport.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2016
MsNas:

Excellent then cause that always bothered me. I get free trolleys in Houston but when I get home then I have to pay.

One question, was your final destination LAX or were you transitioning through?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 07, 2016
boladez:
Or the govt could sell it off completely.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by shingu(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2016
MrsPhyno:
The airport where the AC is permanently broken and they use these huge industrial fans to blow humid air on everybody grin It's just too wack
eheya sowie wifey to be....dont worry i will buy u personal a.c......lol!!!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by xp17(m): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
that's not true bro. All the airports i have been, Europe, north America and Asia, you have to pay some fee to get a cart/trolley, but sometimes you can get it by chance for free, probably someone just used and yet to be placed amongst the stack where you go pay for it .

But seriously, the last time i was a MMA, the AC was broken, omo the heat and smell could rise Umaru Musa Yar'Adua death grin grin

Luukasz:
Nigerian leaders are diseases to our Nation but it seems some citizens like this young man are also aiding those diseases. If USA was bad like NG do you think americans will leave i doubt it
that is not true bro. Americans are all over the world, especially in Asia. They go either for jobs or for retirement grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by MsNas(f): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Excellent then cause that always bothered me. I get free trolleys in Houston but when I get home then I have to pay.

One question, was your final destination LAX or were you transitioning through?
Lol. I usually used to hijack trolleys left alone in the arrivals in the several airports I've been to as well. It was a pleasant surprise when we saw the free trolleys cos we had at like 9 pieces of luggage ranging in size.

And yea, LAX was final destination

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by MsNas(f): 11:35am On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

I paid $5 at the departure area last month at the same airport.
Yea. I wasn't sure if it was $5 or $10.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Trolley is not free in the USA when departing unless you hijack an unused one in the parking lot. I know that it's free in arrival in Houston but not free in both arrival and departure in LAX

Let's be reasonable.

It's not free in Aberdeen too. You pay £1 or so. But I think you get your money back if you return it.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 07, 2016
MsNas:

Yea. I wasn't sure if it was $5 or $10.
I liked the Bradley terminal. It was easy to navigate and cozy; and the CBP didn't force me to open my Ghana-must-go bag of Naija food items grin
But I wouldn't have been so lucky if I flew into Atlanta. The officers there would have seized everything cheesy
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by wonlasewonimi: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Do you guys know the reason you have to pay is to make you return the trolley?

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Nope...When you are travelling to New York, don't forget to hold 5dollars for trolley o...it's not only in Naija.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by obstead200(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:
All the buses that are meant to shuttle passengers from the parking lots to the murtala mohammed international airport are no longer working due to lack of maintenace. May i remind you that there were all bought brand new some years back
Passengers have to trek miles in order to move from parking lot to air-port and vice versa.
I was unfortunate enough to have been at the airport yesterday and i ended up with severe back pain due to the trekking and load i tagged along.

Secondly, the car park toll gate was malfunctioning and the security men took maximum advantage. instead of paying at the cashier's desk, the security men would accept a token from vehicles and let them pass.

Please, how low can we go in this country?
Last time I used the international airport, a taxi dropped me right at the entrance to the terminal. so stop crying foul when u can afford a taxi
Yes I agree, the situation is bad. But.....................

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Caleycash(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
Very very Useless country!!!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

I liked the Bradley terminal. It was easy to navigate and cozy; and the CBP didn't force me to open my Ghana-must-go bag of Naija food items grin
But I wouldn't have been so lucky if I flew into Atlanta. The officers there would have seized everything cheesy

Na so one Mexican CBP Officer seized all my yams in Houston.

Later I was in line behind him at a restaurant in the airport. See apology from him, not sure why he acted like he was scared. I was like dude just make sure that do you job with integrity because I was really looking forward to eating the shyte out of those yams grin
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Caleycash:
Very very Useless country!!!

I don't think that we can return from the edge where we're at. I mean I hope we do but...

I was in Ibadan at the courthouse getting an affidavit. Right on top of the clerks desk was a sign that read "Report Any Staff That Asks For Bribe". So of course he asked me what I brought for him. I threatened to report him to the Judge and he quipped back that "na who you think we go share am with?"

I just don't know if armed paramilitary police officers knows how threaten they appear to foreigners when they are asking for bribes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? / Air Peace Takes Buys E195-E2 Aircraft (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.