Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: (49415 Views)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by busayochic: 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.
Its actually N150
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by vicnairaland: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
STELLA ODUAH BOUGHT THEM AND THEY WERE ALL WORKING UNTIL AFTER ELECTION.I AM NOT SURE IF APC CAN MAINTAIN WHAT JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION STARTED OR COMPLITED INSPITE OF THE LARGE MONEY WASTED BY PDP, APC SHOULD BY NOW KEEP THIS PROJECTS MOVING WHILE CONTINUING WITH THEIR CORRUPTION CAMPAIGN.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by vicnairaland: 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
vicnairaland:
STELLA ODUAH BOUGHT THEM AND THEY WERE ALL WORKING UNTIL AFTER ELECTION.I AM NOT SURE IF APC CAN MAINTAIN WHAT JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION STARTED OR COMPLITED INSPITE OF THE LARGE MONEY WASTED BY PDP, APC SHOULD BY NOW KEEP THIS PROJECTS MOVING WHILE CONTINUING WITH THEIR CORRUPTION CAMPAIGN.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by crazo(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
GettysBurg:

That's not true! In many airports in the USA, including JFK, New York, you pay up to $6 to use a trolley.

And it is not N500 paid for trolleys at MMIA Lagos.

Make we dey talk true.
Bros na 500 oh..e no geh pricing at all.. Even sef those security guys dey always get change,even if you like make you carry international denomination come dem go give you change..am sure dey must be change agents walahi
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Askseek(f): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oh I totally understand but I just wished that they can have a more modern and scientific method of testing versus just total ban. The same yams are available in stores in Los Angeles. That's the issue I have.

You buy 3 pieces of tubers for $70 (N18,500) and half of them are rotten.

Good lord, 3 pieces of yam for $70. A box of yams in Brooklyn is $85 and has about 12 yams. If you go for the Brazilian or Colombian yam, a box is about $35 - $40.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Askseek:

Good lord, 3 pieces of yam for $70. A box of yams in Brooklyn is $85 and has about 12 yams. If you go for the Brazilian or Colombian yam, a box is about $35 - $40.

Unfortunately, things are at a bit of a premium here in Southern California.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Askseek(f): 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Unfortunately, things are at a bit of a premium here in Southern California.

I can see that. Those prices sent shivers down my spine!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Askseek:

I can see that. Those prices sent shivers down my spine!
He's right. Here in San Diego county, the average price of a haircut is $8 for adults. Some places in my city even charge up to $12.
A 35-pack of bottled water is over $5! A loaf of bread goes for $4, car wash goes for nothing less than $10 (if it's hand-washed); but the average price of gas is around $2.70/gallon.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Askseek(f): 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

He's right. Here in San Diego county, the average price of a haircut is $8 for adults. Some places in my city even charge up to $12.
A 35-pack of bottled water is over $5! A loaf of bread goes for $4, car wash goes for nothing less than $10 (if it's hand-washed); but the average price of gas is around $2.70/gallon.

Hian! I go stay dis side. Fear catch me for the price of food oh. The cost haircut or car wash seems to be about the same but dat yam, haba too much oh!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Askseek:

Hian! I go stay dis side. Fear catch me for the price of food oh. The cost haircut or car wash seems to be about the same but dat yam, haba too much oh!
Lol. That's why people are moving out of SOCAL and California in droves.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by tanidabi: 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.
Nope it's not free in the us its abt $3 if my memory does not fail me
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
dayleke:

Haba,Magicminister,abegi o.
Don't let me find out the hard way joor.
So one can still be dropped off and picked up by the entrances?

yes!... you don't have to make the arduous journey.
i would strongly recommend you travel light though!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by vamum: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

Lol! Is there anything like traveling light to Naija, I can imagine all the requests the person would have received. even from the great aunty's,cousin who is also an in law to their great grandfather. grin grin grin grin grin
please help yourself by looking for a sim card or good Samaritan to use their phone and call when you get in to naija. They should be able to come pick you up from the exits. The last time I was there someone offered to allow me use their phone for a fee. Good luck!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
vamum:

Lol! Is there anything like traveling light to Naija, I can imagine all the requests the person would have received. even from the great aunty's,cousin who is also an in law to their great grandfather. grin grin grin grin grin
please help yourself by looking for a sim card or good Samaritan to use their phone and call when you get in to naija. They should be able to come pick you up from the exist. The last time I was there someone offered to allow me use their phone for a fee. Good luck!!!
Lol. There is nothing like that o. Left to our people, if the airlines start accepting 4 free checked bags, Nigerians will immediately take advantage of it grin
I don't know of anyone that has travelled to Naija with only one, or no checked bag
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 1:03am On Jan 08, 2016
CFCman:

Lol. There is nothing like that o. Left to our people, if the airlines start accepting 4 free checked bags, Nigerians will immediately take advantage of it grin
I don't know of anyone that has travelled to Naija with only one, or no checked bag

lool... i always always travel light.
I always keep my movement low key in order to avoid lots of bs.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by moonraker(m): 4:16am On Jan 08, 2016
nevilbot:

Sir or ma, using trolley at airport is not free everywhere in d world. I live in frankfurt germany and at d frankfurt airport which i must add is d busiest airport in d whole of europe, u av to insert a one or two euro coin into d trolley before it can be unchained for u to use. After using it , u drop it in a rack without getting ur money back.

So stop painting everything in nigeria as bad as if u av bin everywia in d world

Point of Correction

Heathrow is the busiest airport in Europe.

Trolleys are free where i am.

You would think that with the hugh amount of cash that the airlines pay in licensing fees would ensure that travellers have access to trolleys angry

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by dayleke: 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
magicminister:

vamum:

please help yourself by looking for a sim card or good Samaritan to use their phone and call when you get in to naija. They should be able to come pick you up from the exits. The last time I was there someone offered to allow me use their phone for a fee. Good luck!!!

Thanks guys.
Really appreciate .
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by elohorayodele: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
cheesy grin
tensazangetsu:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? / Air Peace Takes Buys E195-E2 Aircraft (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.