Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture (52207 Views)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise / Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by jasent(m): 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
you must make sure ur papers are genuine.there are many work opportunity in dubai,the only problem is accommodation.but with the money u have u can easily get one.Gudluck,
AlaniPamoleKun:
Please I need everyone here advices cos I'm thinking of moving to dubai for greener pasture. But I only have 400k in my account.

I will really appreciate y'all advices and suggestions

Thanks

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by otobrisesarah(f): 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
I think you should have a rethink. How much is your ticket to and fro? Where will you stay? A hotel or with a relation? What skills do you have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by meemeetruth(f): 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Its nt enuf xcept mayb u av a link to a direct job that has hostel accomodation till ur able to rent an apartment buh open ur eyes sha a lot of fraud agents

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Kassidy4luv(m): 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Investment in Nigeria will pay you than going to be a super in an Arab country.

Shun the travel plans for now OK.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by ojun50(m): 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Use that money start business here oh later wen d money don matured u fit waker go any were.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by refreshrate: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
Oga i no sure say that amount go help you o. Do you have someone youre going to stay with when you get there? Otherwise whats your plan regarding accommodation and feeding?

What are your plans regarding getting a place to work? Dont you require some sort of permit to work there? i cant hold it against you trying to relocate, even people with jobs go to work with a prayer everyday that mail does not come from HR.

Consider the points raised, it might be tough at first but youll pull through with your determination. Ignore all these ones that collect pocket money, do they know what the economy looks like?

4 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by alabi484(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
gv me half of the money... I go return am for u when u decide finish..

3 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by flokii: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:
Please I need everyone here advices cos I'm thinking of moving to dubai for greener pasture. But I only have 400k in my account.

Thanks

you can't even apply for visa with that amount.. talkless of air travel ticket

how do you hope to feed and survive when you get there... or do you av friends/relatives there?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by olawaleqaasim(m): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:

Thanks

Candidly, if your greener pasture quest is a promising one (by promising I mean, you having a kinda assurance of getting something to do once you get there, like a job, you get?) & your #400k can suffice to move you there, it is not a bad idea, but if not;

Look for something you can invest about #200k in and make #50k your working capital, keeping #150k to (in a piecemeal mode and when highly necessary) cushion the business at its early stage (cos it is bound to be turbulent a bit - though the turbulence level differs from biz to biz). Then see your investment as the ticket money you've paid, don't kill it with incessant withdrawals, rather the stipends you're going to save after then should be diverted into the investment.

You're not going to get rich instantly, but I feel you're not going to regret the decision in some 15months to come.

God bless your struggle

6 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by micmond: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bro 400k can do a lot for u in nigeria,I am currently based in dubai and truth is 400k cannot secure you anything in dubai. 2 years Residential visa will cost you approximately 1.200k renewable with the same amount after two years and your source of income still depends on nigerian economy. Even if ur educationally balanced u still have to contend with the stereotypes attached to ur green passport. Indians,Bangladesh filipinos are very cheap to hire

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by ericessien24: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
My broda, even niggas hate to see anoda nigga make it.
Do your plans, research and do what you want to, don't listen to them.

22 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
irepagbor:

200k can give you visa and flight ticket to Dubai but where you will sleep? what will you eat? House and hotel are expensive in Arab countries compare to Asia but Asia visa and flight is more expensive.
Man shall not live by food alone.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by madenigga(m): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
chronique:
What are you going to do in Dubai? This is how you guys give yourselves unnecessary wahala. If you're prudent enough,400k will help you start up a small business here like going into car hire/taxi business and it will fetch you daily income if you run it yourself. The little you'd get from it would afford you the opportunity to at least feed yourself and pay your bills. Isn't that better than going to Dubai to live like a slave? Think;the future belongs to those who can use their brains.
thats one thing dat annoys be about Nigerians, imagine going to dubai with 400thousand naira, no matter how prudent he is coupled with the present Nigerian exchange rate, dats only 1month at most survival money, then when he hits dubai out of frustration he sets out to crime and tomorrow they wud see Nigerians as bad people.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Silcomautos: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
I will advice you to stay in naija, I've been there, Na for poultry them arrange work for me to dey kill and package chicken, I run pass Bolt back to naija. My brother I don't need to say much, Dubai is good for shopping and holidays not for hustling. The weather is too harsh and the job visa by some agents is slavery in disguise. If u really want to travel, pls try somewhere else or else hustle for naija.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by banio: 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
You want to go and commit suicide. Pls write ur will b4 travelling

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by adexyone(f): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
400k is small for relocation especially when you don't have correct papers to get jobs easily.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Go to UK, US, Canada, Australia; not Arabian or Middle East states. Wish you well.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by moshino(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:

Thanks

How do you know that the Pasture in Dubai will be greener? What if you get to Dubai and you don't even see any Pasture, or see the same or worse Pasture than you have now?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Are u kidding me undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by holluwai(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bros you get sense, maybe make him try hustle like 100k join and do Schengen visa. There he can affordable living and a good job so his dream of green pasture can be met in the long run.

irepagbor:

200k can give you visa and flight ticket to Dubai but where you will sleep? what will you eat? House and hotel are expensive in Arab countries compare to Asia but Asia visa and flight is more expensive.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Hustlerlomo(m): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Follow your Heart.... Wish you well.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by zubby29(m): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
VickyRotex:
Na Yellow pasture you go see o embarassed embarassed

But really 400k is quite small. For now, if you can invest the money in Naija, I think it's a lot better.
Then afterwards, when you have enough and you still wish to travel, then you can.

Remember it's better to have something to fall back on, than spending all you have on uncertainty.
God bless u
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bad idea. Very bad idea. Those Saudis see you no different from a _shit stain because of the colour of your skin. You can get secretly murdered, also their working conditions for immigrants are very terrible. The only place I'd recommend you go to in terms of employment opportunities and the least show of racism is the United Kingdom. Settle in one of their lesser known villages to cut costs.

You would immensely regret going to settle in Dubai. Do not listen to anyone who advices you to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by lilygabriel08: 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
see suffer wey dat 400k wan buy for you, go u use your eye see sha

3 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Diamonddris(m): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
Then you are bound to become a begger

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by VickyRotex(f): 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
zubby29:
God bless u

Amen. God bless you too!
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
chronique:
What are you going to do in Dubai? This is how you guys give yourselves unnecessary wahala. If you're prudent enough,400k will help you start up a small business here like going into car hire/taxi business and it will fetch you daily income if you run it yourself. The little you'd get from it would afford you the opportunity to at least feed yourself and pay your bills. Isn't that better than going to Dubai to live like a slave? Think;the future belongs to those who can use their brains.
life is all about chance and risk .you can make it in a foreign land with little or no money.I did take such a risk and never had a cause to regret.The dude should follow his instinct ,with God on his side the journey to dubai would be smooth.we shouldn't discourage him ,but pray 4 him to receive God's divine grace and favour in his journey.Pple have been taking risks in searching for a greener pastures from the time of Abraham. it would not stop on him. if you are not destined to succeed in Nigeria there is nothing one can do.I remember,after leaving Nigeria ,the 3rd person I encountered was angry with me 4 not coming b4 i did..in his words..he said it was better late than never.dz was in contrast to do 1st person opinion who said..who told you to come?No job in dz country....the citizens are equally surfering ,if you come with 2,000 000.naira it would get finished without working....I would advise you go back. i immediately deleted his contact. do same week I got a job of about 100 ,000naira in conversion. after 3months..I got another job of 450000 in naira equivalent. which I am still doing. I was not advised by any1 nor know anybody b4 I left MMA. ALAS ,I prayed and prayed b4 leaving...I even spent 2week on a prayer montain. The good news is dt I now have 3yrs multiple permit...in summary do not be an agent of discouragement.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by MicKaro: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
madenigga:

thats one thing dat annoys be about Nigerians, imagine going to dubai with 400thousand naira, no matter how prudent he is coupled with the present Nigerian exchange rate, dats only 1month at most survival money, then when he hits dubai out of frustration he sets out to crime and tomorrow they wud see Nigerians as bad people.
If 5percent of our youths have just 50percent of your brain,Naija go better.With less than that amount,I know guys who invested and are now makin it here in Nigeria.Invest in Nigeria.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by kariko1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
Adebolade:
You will sleep on the coldstreet of dubai. Shikena #leavetrashforlawma

No coldstreet in Dubai weather in Dubai is hot from 32 degree to 42 degree so who tell u abt coldstreet?

6 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Chuksworld(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
Follow your mind. If u believe u can make it there, I wish you safe journey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos / Five Undergraduates Die As Benz Runs Under Stationary Truck In Delta / Hilarious Pic: See What This Old Peugeot 504 Was Carrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.