Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture (52206 Views)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise / Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Yseone(m): 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
ronald4ever:
What do you want to do in Dubai? There are no jobs there and the very few you can get are menial jobs with peanut wages. There are no greener pastures in Dubai, mate.
So if there are no greener pastures in Dubai, where are the greener pastures?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by ronald4ever(m): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Yseone:
[color=#990000][/color]
So if there are no greener pastures in Dubai, where are the greener pastures?

There are no jobs in Dubai, nothing reasonable is happening there. The unemployment rate in UAE is high and not dissimilar to what's obtainable in Nigeria. There's a higher probability of succeeding in Nigeria than in the UAE.

The salary structure is poor and so is the poor living standard. It's only the citizens that lives a better lives due to government policies enacted to assist them and the social welfare in place. Unskilled immigrants in Dubai could hardly feed properly or afford decent homes.

There's really no specific place to go for greener pasture in this 21st century. Really one can make a living for themselves irrespective of their location. Life it's not about where you are domiciled but what you're doing for a living and how committed one is to their profession.

However, if it's not Canada, US, UK or Europe then there's no point to travel out. Even then, if one is coming without a proper planning or hoping to live here illegally then they had better not come.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Ugosample(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
I don't know you, but the advice I'll give you is......

Don't do it

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by olusholaonipede(f): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
The Yoruba adage says what you are looking for in Sokoto is inside your Shokoto ie your trousers. Benin Republic and Togo are just around the corner and Visa free. With your Naira 400,000. you can invest half your money and be self employed in transportation business. Within 12 months of hard work, will more than double what you put into it. Self contained accommodation in a relatively Ok and close to the beach area, can be from Naira 30,000. per month,( Rent is Paid Monthly) Yoruba is spoken and no problem with electricity. Relaxed atmosphere, Peaceful, and the people are friendly. The choice is yours.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by TaiKuun(m): 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
If u dey find greener pasture, go zambisa forest. Spear grass wen green boku for there wellu well.

maalu lo fe ya
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by xMrPx(m): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
irepagbor:

200k can give you visa and flight ticket to Dubai but where you will sleep? what will you eat? House and hotel are expensive in Arab countries compare to Asia but Asia visa and flight is more expensive.
and which continent is UEA/dubai?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by deolu2000(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bye bye ooooo. Thats one dude less in naija. Back to back reddish pasture 4 u
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Santi222(m): 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
prettysolid:
Most comments are insulting probably because u opened up and told them how much u have which is breeding jelousy cuz they are dead broke.

You are not the first or last person who will seek for greener pastures. Dubia is stressful especially when it comes to getting a job. you will most likely get menial jobs like being a gateman and the pay is not lucrative like it would have been in the us,uk and co

If you are a university graduate with 2.1 or stll planing to go to the university. I would advise you to apply for masters or undergraduate studies in Canada. its not expensive because most Canadian schools give scholarship and GRE ,TOEFL is not needed. You are allowed to work while studying off campus unlike us schools and also apply for citizenship after your studies and work fully, unlike Us schools which give a "cap gap". . Do not go through agents they will do the same thing you can do and charge you 1million naira. Just go to the school website and apply,if you are not computer friendly you can go to the can go to d cyber cafe

University of Manitoba and university of Regina have low tuitions

great info.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by klexycole(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
You Should Be In The BUSINESS SECTION Asking Wah To Start With 400K Instead.You Can Turn Your 400k To Millions Of Naira If You're Wise And Versatile.Move To The Business Section And Seek Knowledge,Wish You GOODLUCK!

BE ADVISED. cool

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Omotaday(m): 12:01am On Jan 15, 2016
prettysolid:
Most comments are insulting probably because u opened up and told them how much u have which is breeding jelousy cuz they are dead broke.

You are not the first or last person who will seek for greener pastures. Dubia is stressful especially when it comes to getting a job. you will most likely get menial jobs like being a gateman and the pay is not lucrative like it would have been in the us,uk and co

If you are a university graduate with 2.1 or stll planing to go to the university. I would advise you to apply for masters or undergraduate studies in Canada. its not expensive because most Canadian schools give scholarship and GRE ,TOEFL is not needed. You are allowed to work while studying off campus unlike us schools and also apply for citizenship after your studies and work fully, unlike Us schools which give a "cap gap". . Do not go through agents they will do the same thing you can do and charge you 1million naira. Just go to the school website and apply,if you are not computer friendly you can go to the can go to d cyber cafe

How about 2.2? although im still in 300l,my current G.P is 3.42 but im having the feelings that im going to finish with 2.2. Moreso,can 500k carry out all you listed above? NOTE: i dont know anyone in canada.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by bigass123(m): 12:17am On Jan 15, 2016
See bad mouth grin
I'm fact.. Bad mouth is an understatement.
urs na rotten mouth

haywire07:
Are u talking about 400k dollars?

Rent $150 per month and one dollar is #305

So do d maths , Seun please give him calculator
Oya type am...400,000/305 =

Guy..go to Togo..they have green grass there too
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Classicman47(m): 12:29am On Jan 15, 2016
VickyRotex:
Na Yellow pasture you go see o embarassed embarassed

But really 400k is quite small. For now, if you can invest the money in Naija, I think it's a lot better.
Then afterwards, when you have enough and you still wish to travel, then you can.

Remember it's better to have something to fall back on, than spending all you have on uncertainty.

Invest it in what pls?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Classicman47(m): 12:31am On Jan 15, 2016
afolajohn521:
I av another view to dat. Can't u start a biz wit dat?

Like which biz for instance?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by amanikondo: 12:48am On Jan 15, 2016
Greener pasture dey North. Even Sambisa forest.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by mummyson26(m): 12:53am On Jan 15, 2016
haywire07:
Are u talking about 400k dollars?

Rent $150 per month and one dollar is #305

So do d maths , Seun please give him calculator
Oya type am...400,000/305 =

Guy..go to Togo..they have green grass there too
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by GeoOla25(m): 1:15am On Jan 15, 2016
prettysolid:

You have spoken a lot of wisdom..tanks

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 15, 2016
Of course you can but you will pay the normal tuition. Scholarships are only given to 4. and above GPA which requires a 2.1
Bandeco:

Bros what of us that graduated with 2.2 .. Are we not eligible for studies in Canada? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 15, 2016
xMrPx:
and which continent is UEA/dubai?

UAE is middle east. You dont know anything. You trying to cause controversy. Australia is where? I hope you are aware that Australia has decide to join Asia block both in sports competition and economic union?.

I will quit NL soon because of kids like you. 90% of people in NL are children less than 18 years.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 15, 2016
Try fighting for a 2.1 so you can be offered grants and scholarships. with 2.2 you will be required to pay normal fees
Omotaday:
How about 2.2? although im still in 300l,my current G.P is 3.42 but im having the feelings that im going to finish with 2.2. Moreso,can 500k carry out all you listed above? NOTE: i dont know anyone in canada.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by WILL888(m): 4:37am On Jan 15, 2016
I have been living in Dubai since MAY last yr and I can tell you it's not easy to live in Dubai except you have a sponsor who give you work directly like mine.I did my travelling arrangements with just #280k and I think what you have with you can give you nice visa provided you have sponsor like I said earlier.What you need to do is to register at www.dubizzle.com and search for work u think u can do on the site and once you create account with them you got access to search for jobs there and u can be lucky to find jobs there.And once they offer you job through your e-mail you provided,the gonna finance your visa stuff cuz it's an e-visa.After then all you gonna spend is only money for ticket which around #100k.U don't need exhaust your money through stupid and greedy agents.Plus you can also chose to start little biz with dat money in naija cuz Dubai is tough man except u have sponsor.And if u are bent on travelling do try that steps I earlier mentioned.Wish you goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Welcomme: 5:51am On Jan 15, 2016
prettysolid:
Study permit is 150 CAN$
flight ticket is about 650 dollars
since your interested you should go to those schools website and see if you meet up the requirements for the course you want to study and check the grants and scholarships available.
Then you can apply
Sir, can u pls send some of those website to me.I want to try and see if things would work. I hav a gp of 4. and above. I havnt serve yet, hope that is not a problem?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by ElFenomeno1: 5:53am On Jan 15, 2016
Please relocate to India for indigo pastures
Nothing better than indigo pastures. Trust me
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by jossytech(m): 6:43am On Jan 15, 2016
Invest your money in agriculture, a acre of land is 70k each at ogbmoso, plant water melon and plantain, u made 200k in net profit in 3 months and 1m in 10 months after, dont go and slave urself in foreign land

AlaniPamoleKun:
Please I need everyone here advices cos I'm thinking of moving to dubai for greener pasture. But I only have 400k in my account.

I will really appreciate y'all advices and suggestions

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by idu1(m): 6:47am On Jan 15, 2016
Shukran:

Don't fall a victim, I live work in dubai. There a lot of scammers around... Why must you quote the amount you have? If have a sponsor you don't need any money to move to dubai and settle because your sponsor will pay for you everything as per your contract and the Labour law. Be warned!!!
All comment here are not encouraging about working in dubai. As a person on ground there. What are conditions of people skilled health personnels like nurses laboratory technician and other?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by idu1(m): 6:53am On Jan 15, 2016
ronald4ever:

There are no jobs in Dubai, nothing reasonable is happening there. The unemployment rate in UAE is high and not dissimilar to what's obtainable in Nigeria. There's a higher probability of succeeding in Nigeria than in the UAE.

The salary structure is poor and so is the poor living standard. It's only the citizens that lives a better lives due to government policies enacted to assist them and the social welfare in place. Unskilled immigrants in Dubai could hardly feed properly or afford decent homes.

There's really no specific place to go for greener pasture in this 21st century. Really one can make a living for themselves irrespective of their location. Life it's not about where you are domiciled but what you're doing for a living and how committed one is to their profession.

However, if it's not Canada, US, UK or Europe then there's no point to travel out. Even then, if one is coming without a proper planning or hoping to live here illegally then they had better not come.
Which country in europe ll you advise someone with healthcare skills to relocate for hustle?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by seunowokade(m): 7:37am On Jan 15, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Just shine your eye and search online..with about 300k some travel agencies would organise job visa for you..wish you the best of luck...
Abah, why u won push am go meet scamer ?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by xMrPx(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2016
irepagbor:

UAE is middle east. You dont know anything. You trying to cause controversy. Australia is where? I hope you are aware that Australia has decide to join Asia block both in sports competition and economic union?.

I will quit NL soon because of kids like you. 90% of people in NL are children less than 18 years.
Lolz' I only asked u a question, here u are pouring bank of insult'. (I quote u-UAE is middle east). Is middle east a continent? grin

I ask u again, UAE is of which continent?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by worry359(m): 8:03am On Jan 15, 2016
idu1:
Which country in europe ll you advise someone with healthcare skills to relocate for hustle?

A country where you can speak their native language!
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by mayorkyzo: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2016
seunowokade:
Abah, why u won push am go meet scamer ?
Nah no be scam o...

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by justbeenpaid(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:
Please I need everyone here advices cos I'm thinking of moving to dubai for greener pasture. But I only have 400k in my account.

I will really appreciate y'all advices and suggestions

Thanks

First you need to have a plan of what you are going to do there.

400k is not enough bro, why not start a business here first. With that money you can source for good products and sell for profit online.

If you still intend to travel, with 650k you can get a visa with a job position. Like bouncer or security job at a mall. The company provides for your accommodation, it's a 2 year contract and within this period you can write a professional security exam.

Before the two years elapse, you can start applying for another job. You can still negotiate with your company and request for higher pay since you now have a professional certification. You wouldn't need to stand at the malls again, you can be posted to control room just to monitor cctv etc which is less stressful.

I hope this helps.

Cheera

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos / Five Undergraduates Die As Benz Runs Under Stationary Truck In Delta / Hilarious Pic: See What This Old Peugeot 504 Was Carrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.