Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,690 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture (52208 Views)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise / Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by 123papas(m): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2016
Dubai is a greener pasture for the humble ones (if you just want to be living but not becoming rich). Food is cheap, transport is cheap, the people are happy, plenty of small jobs, there is electricity, no pot-holes, your employees will respect you, etc. The irony of the place is that their low income earners like drivers or cleaners earn more than their counterparts in Nigeria but the middle income earners like bankers earn less than their counterparts in Nigeria.

The fact is that you will be happy because their system is working. life is stable and very clear.

For me, Anyway I want to be mega rich and the best place you can get such opportunity is in your own country. Naija can be frustrating sha.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by 6packdude: 9:00am On Jan 15, 2016
irepagbor:

UAE is middle east. You dont know anything. You trying to cause controversy. Australia is where? I hope you are aware that Australia has decide to join Asia block both in sports competition and economic union?.

I will quit NL soon because of kids like you. 90% of people in NL are children less than 18 years.
The Middle East is not a continent and Dubai is in Asia
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 15, 2016
6packdude:

The Middle East is not a continent and Dubai is in Asia

who says is a continent? meanwhile, Asia is a race dominating Asia continent. When i mean Asia i mean the Asian race.

Asian is a race and Asia is a continent. If you have sense, you will understand what the speaker or writing means when they mention Asian/Asia.

A Chinese man is an Asian, Singaporean is an Asia but Saudi Arabian is not an Asian by race.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by 6packdude: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2016
irepagbor:

who says is a continent? meanwhile, Asia is a race dominating Asia continent. When i mean Asia i mean the Asian race.

Asian is a race and Asia is a continent. If you have sense, you will understand what the speaker or writing means when they mention Asian/Asia.

A Chinese man is an Asian, Singaporean is an Asia but Saudi Arabian is not an Asian by race.
His question to you was whether or not Dubai is a continent and you gave the wrong answer.

Don't even go there with the Asian race and geographical locations argument, that's a whole different argument so let's stick to this.

Not sure why you're so feisty but you need to calm your azz down. Once again, Dubai is in the continent of Asia

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by onatisi(m): 9:43am On Jan 15, 2016
123papas:
Dubai is a greener pasture for the humble ones (if you just want to be living but not becoming rich). Food is cheap, transport is cheap, the people are happy, plenty of small jobs, there is electricity, no pot-holes, your employees will respect you, etc. The irony of the place is that their low income earners like drivers or cleaners earn more than their counterparts in Nigeria but the middle income earners like bankers earn less than their counterparts in Nigeria.

The fact is that you will be happy because their system is working. life is stable and very clear.

For me, Anyway I want to be mega rich and the best place you can get such opportunity is in your own country. Naija can be frustrating sha.
I love ur post but towards the end you contradicted it all. We must first analyse why ppl are desperate to leave Nigeria,I keep laughing when ppl keep saying he should do business with 400k in Nigeria ,hmmm. By the time he starts spending money on any business in Nigeria and also maintaining himself ,within 6months he will be looking for extra loans which means more debts. Ppl travel out nowadays not because of financial gain but just to live a normal stable life . When survival becomes difficult ,achievement becomes impossible and this is the case of majority of Nigerians today. But if u are in a country where you can easily survive with less stress not lesser hard work then you will be able to focus on your future .this is the reason why many serious Nigerians make it in Canada and usa despite the extra hard work they have to put in there.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2016
Kassidy4luv:
Investment in Nigeria will pay you than going to be a super in an Arab country.

Shun the travel plans for now OK.

Investment investment ,make I hear word jore .Can you live the life you dream of with an investment of 400k,what business can you do with 400k? There are jobs in Dubai take the risk, no pain no gain OP. Forget all this gist on investing in a business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 15, 2016
refreshrate:
Oga i no sure say that amount go help you o. Do you have someone youre going to stay with when you get there? Otherwise whats your plan regarding accommodation and feeding?

What are your plans regarding getting a place to work? Dont you require some sort of permit to work there? i cant hold it against you trying to relocate, even people with jobs go to work with a prayer everyday that mail does not come from HR.

Consider the points raised, it might be tough at first but youll pull through with your determination. Ignore all these ones that collect pocket money, do they know what the economy looks like?
my guy you do not really know how Dubai works ..If you get a job ,the company will arrange a work permit for you.There are alot of jobs in dubai is just for you to get a real white collar professional job with heavy pay you have to work for 2 years .

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2016
6packdude:

His question to you was whether or not Dubai is a continent and you gave the wrong answer.

Don't even go there with the Asian race and geographical locations argument, that's a whole different argument so let's stick to this.

Not sure why you're so feisty but you need to calm your azz down. Once again, Dubai is in the continent of Asia

even a primary school student know UAE is in Asia continent. whats the big deal?

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 15, 2016
123papas:

yes baba we are thinking alike the best place you can be mega rich without any restriction is Nigeria.You can travel out to get the experience and all that but come back to the country and invest .

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by 123papas(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2016
I know a Nigerian man living in a quite country like Jordan. The man is a cleaner in Jordan and earns the equivalent of 70k per month and living a very normal life. Things like bread are subsidized there not petrol. you can rent a single room with all the facilities there in and pay about 15k per month and feed easily. But in Nigeria, hunger fit kill person.

The fact is that the Nigerian system can be frustrating (i stay in Sabo, a supposedly comfortable area in Nigeria paying 600k p.a. for a 2 bedroom apartment but plenty mosquitoes, the streets are dirty, different species of rats around, stinking gutters, overflowing dustbins, generator noise, tight streets, thieves etc) yet i still dey because i have a good job and 'prospects' however i count myself fortunate because a lot of people are struggling and suffering in Nigeria (we cannot base the success of a society on a selected few that's why the contradiction).
Believe me, i have visited other places like Ado-Ekiti and Agbor/Asaba (capital cities) recently believe me those places are dry, if government does not pay civil servants there is automatic famine. The working class (employed and unemployed) are clueless, a disabling environment, instability and poor leadership has killed their creativity. Nigeria' problems are systemic and very deep.
onatisi:

I love ur post but towards the end you contradicted it all. We must first analyse why ppl are desperate to leave Nigeria,I keep laughing when ppl keep saying he should do business with 400k in Nigeria ,hmmm. By the time he starts spending money on any business in Nigeria and also maintaining himself ,within 6months he will be looking for extra loans which means more debts. Ppl travel out nowadays not because of financial gain but just to live a normal stable life . When survival becomes difficult ,achievement becomes impossible and this is the case of majority of Nigerians today. But if u are in a country where you can easily survive with less stress not lesser hard work then you will be able to focus on your future .this is the reason why many serious Nigerians make it in Canada and usa despite the extra hard work they have to put in there.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Tellemall: 10:56am On Jan 15, 2016
VickyRotex:
Na Yellow pasture you go see o embarassed embarassed

But really 400k is quite small. For now, if you can invest the money in Naija, I think it's a lot better.
Then afterwards, when you have enough and you still wish to travel, then you can.

Remember it's better to have something to fall back on, than spending all you have on uncertainty.

Life is a risk. Losers never live.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by MicKaro: 11:10am On Jan 15, 2016
xMrPx:
Lolz' I only asked u a question, here u are pouring bank of insult'. (I quote u-UAE is middle east). Is middle east a continent? grin

I ask u again, UAE is of which continent?
Dude UAE is in Asia,Middle East is a region like Horn of Africa.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by xMrPx(m): 11:14am On Jan 15, 2016
MicKaro:

Dude UAE is in Asia,Middle East is a region like Horn of Africa.
yea bro' I just wanted to give d guy a soft landing'@least defend himself'. He choose to rather rain insult over his ignorance.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2016
prettysolid:
Of course you can but you will pay the normal tuition. Scholarships are only given to 4. and above GPA which requires a 2.1
It's quite difficult for someone with a 2 2 to gain admission into a reputable canadian university. Most times you have to do a pre masters or pgd and even that does not guarantee anything.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by onatisi(m): 11:21am On Jan 15, 2016
123papas:
I know a Nigerian man living in a quite country like Jordan. The man is a cleaner in Jordan and earns the equivalent of 70k per month and living a very normal life. Things like bread are subsidized there not petrol. you can rent a single room with all the facilities there in and pay about 15k per month and feed easily. But in Nigeria, hunger fit kill person.

The fact is that the Nigerian system can be frustrating (i stay in Sabo, a supposedly comfortable area in Nigeria paying 600k p.a. for a 2 bedroom apartment but plenty mosquitoes, the streets are dirty, different species of rats around, stinking gutters, overflowing dustbins, generator noise, tight streets, thieves etc) yet i still dey because i have a good job and 'prospects' however i count myself fortunate because a lot of people are struggling and suffering in Nigeria (we cannot base the success of a society on a selected few that's why the contradiction).
Believe me, i have visited other places like Ado-Ekiti and Agbor/Asaba (capital cities) recently believe me those places are dry, if government does not pay civil servants there is automatic famine. The working class (employed and unemployed) are clueless, a disabling environment, instability and poor leadership has killed their creativity. Nigeria' problems are systemic and very deep.
Thank you very much,I must say you have even explained it much more clearer and better than I attempted to and I think those advising the young man to do business in Nigeria will learn from your post and well articulated examples. Another intelligent poster gave an advice that the op should move to Togo and he even gave the cost of housing and business which he can do there. Going to Dubai with a total budget of 400k is a tough duel but with time he will scale through.but for any unemployed youth still in Nigeria ,leaving that country is your best option

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by onatisi(m): 11:23am On Jan 15, 2016
BiggyB242:

investment investment ,make I hear word jore .Can you leave the life you dream for with 400k,what business can you do with 400k.There are jumps in Dubai take the risk ,no pain no gain OP.Forget all this gist on investing in a business.
God bless u. It seems many of them here talking about investment still view that 400k to be big deal. By the time he starts spending it on a business noone will tell him before he treks to seme border to get out of naija
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by MicKaro: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
onatisi:
God bless u. It seems many of them here talking about investment still view that 400k to be big deal. By the time he starts spending it on a business noone will tell him before he treks to seme border to get out of naija
My brother,leave am na,the time he go broke in weeks,hustle and do gate man work,he go know say Kaki no be Leather.Just go to Togo Or Gabon.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
MicKaro:

My brother,leave am na,the time he go broke in weeks,hustle and do gate man work,he go know say Kaki no be Leather.Just go to Togo Or Gabon.
thanks,it is good exchanging ideas with ppl who have been outside or are still outside Nigeria. Have u been to gabon before? I was there for a little before moving on . Even with 300k one can settle in Ghana comfortably and be living normal. Many of those saying Nigeria is better don't know the meaning of normal life,once they experience it they will see the reason why even our leaders don't spend their vacation in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by ronald4ever(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
idu1:
Which country in europe ll you advise someone with healthcare skills to relocate for hustle?

UK or the Scandinavian. But you should know you can't practise until you obtain a degree in Britain, a masters so to speak and of course a residence permit.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by clem2love(m): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
In case you dont know......

let me help you with the breakdown how ur 400k goes off on the road to dubai.

visa
ticket
bta
400k is gone.

now to the main purpose you want to relocate here in dubai... to search for job i bet you the good side of Dubai is flashing and no one will welcome you to Dubai. they will only tell you. " THIS IS DUBAI" right at the airport its speak for itself.

so brother think twice before you make your move............

God bless Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by naheem8307(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
Silcomautos:
I will advice you to stay in naija, I've been there, Na for poultry them arrange work for me to dey kill and package chicken, I run pass Bolt back to naija. My brother I don't need to say much, Dubai is good for shopping and holidays not for hustling. The weather is too harsh and the job visa by some agents is slavery in disguise. If u really want to travel, pls try somewhere else or else hustle for naija.

He has just said it all... wide research is advisable before u dwell into it... Arab countries with slavery law compound with the harsh weather might frustrate you in going back home..

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
I challenge you to try something out in Nigeria, if by 6 months to 1 years you are a hardworking and relentless person, you will be going to dubai for Holiday! AMEN!! Nigeria is OK, Just think of something good and legal to do. God Bless You...
AlaniPamoleKun:
Please I need everyone here advices cos I'm thinking of moving to dubai for greener pasture. But I only have 400k in my account.

I will really appreciate y'all advices and suggestions

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by teelord1(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
clem2love:

In case you dont know......

let me help you with the breakdown how ur 400k goes off on the road to dubai.

visa
ticket
bta
400k is gone.

now to the main purpose you want to relocate here in dubai... to search for job i bet you the good side of Dubai is flashing and no one will welcome you to Dubai. they will only tell you. " THIS IS DUBAI" right at the airport its speak for itself.

so brother think twice before you make your move............

God bless Nigeria...
You haven't even answer the OP question or either give advise,Dubai is flashy or they will tell him or not tell him this is Dubai.....
can you just go straight to the point and give a kindle advise if you have one like how people have bin giving above you......
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by amiskurie(m): 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
irepagbor:

200k can give you visa and flight ticket to Dubai but where you will sleep? what will you eat? House and hotel are expensive in Arab countries compare to Asia but Asia visa and flight is more expensive.
Don't mind those mumu saying It's too little,Lufthansa ticket to Canada sef na 90 usd when the dollar was stable last yr
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by onatisi(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
amiskurie:

Don't mind those mumu saying It's too little,Lufthansa ticket to Canada sef na 90 usd when the dollar was stable last yr
You mean Lagos to Canada airfare was 90$,on Lufthansa last year?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Shukran(f): 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
Health worker you need to have their license first to practise, which is not cheap. But technical skill can work provided you have experience especially in Gulf Countries. One last time please don't give anyone money to get you job in Dubai. If compAny is hiring you! They sponsor you to dubai including your flight ticket, visa, accommodation, transport and food. Don't fail victim of scammers. I was transfer from Aabuja to dubai, I did not pay anyone. Or alternatively you come on visit visa if you have a place to stay! Look for job and you company will change you status from visit to residence but you must still exit the country which your company, take care of the expenses. Everyone foreign worker in dubai must have a sponsor bewarned! Don't fall victim. not encouraging about working in dubai. As a person on ground there. What are conditions of people skilled health personnels like nurses laboratory technician and other? [/quote]
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by londoner: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2016
Dubai is VERY expensive even for people coming from the UK and US.

My advice....don't believe the hype.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by fatjo(m): 9:47am On Jan 16, 2016
klexycole:
You Should Be In The BUSINESS SECTION Asking Wah To Start With 400K Instead.You Can Turn Your 400k To Millions Of Naira If You're Wise And Versatile.Move To The Business Section And Seek Knowledge,Wish You GOODLUCK!

BE ADVISED. cool
word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos / Five Undergraduates Die As Benz Runs Under Stationary Truck In Delta / Hilarious Pic: See What This Old Peugeot 504 Was Carrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.