Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture (52203 Views)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise / Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by SHAIBULIAR: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Edigrows:

LMAO grin grin grin
abi the business no good?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
When applying to canadian schools if you have a gp of 4. and above you are qualified to apply for a scholarship. that is why u must have 2.1 and above to make it happen. are you also aware that canadian govt pays half of school fees of children in public schools including non residents unlike the usa which pays for only residents. Education is valued there and a lot of scholarships are given. As for feeding and the rest the Canadian immigration allows international students work off campus so he will be pratically working and schooling. The main thing is to get admission with a scholarship, buy his ticket and land there. Then the hustle begins,He will make it there.
Chukzyfcb:

Oga e no cheap oh, I jst checked University of manitoba.
Tution fees = $13,600(canadian dollars)
@ CBN rate of $1 canada dolls = 138 ;
13,600 * 138 = 1,876,800
And mind you this rate na just cbn rate oh, bank can NEVER charge you at 138, abi them no go make profit, so e fit be like 160.
Meanwhile, this is just tuition ooo, you no go pay for accomodation, feeding or even books Oga dose schools no cheap abeg!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by tartar9(m): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
no more green grass in Nigeria again
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by musicwriter(m): 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:
Please I need everyone here advices cos I'm thinking of moving to dubai for greener pasture. But I only have 400k in my account.

I will really appreciate y'all advices and suggestions

Thanks

To do what?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Omooso(m): 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:
Please I need everyone here advices cos I'm thinking of moving to dubai for greener pasture. But I only have 400k in my account.

Thanks pls no just try am ibeg you naija better if you can use that money establish urself.I was once in ur shoe,after loosing money to Agent on US and Canada Visa.I run go Dubai with 600k the agents in Dubai welcome me again,after I finish my money there I remember home,I came back to naija and start all over again.thank God I'm in US now.with 400k you can start something.believe me nothing dey Dubai o

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Good luck.

Look back and buy property/have investment in Nigeria as soon as you can.

Bon Voyage.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Oghumu1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
With that #400k you can invest in Nigeria and get returns within months. Traveling to outside for greener pasture when dollar is #300, i dont believe in that. Hustle here in Nigeria, you'll make it. But if your head is strong, go!

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
prettysolid:
Most comments are insulting probably because u opened up and told them how much u have which is breeding jelousy cuz they are dead broke.

You are not the first or last person who will seek for greener pastures. Dubia is stressful especially when it comes to getting a job. you will most likely get menial jobs like being a gateman and the pay is not lucrative like it would have been in the us,uk and co

If you are a university graduate with 2.1 or stll planing to go to the university. I would advise you to apply for masters or undergraduate studies in Canada. its not expensive because most Canadian schools give scholarship and GRE ,TOEFL is not needed. You are allowed to work while studying off campus unlike us schools and also apply for citizenship after your studies and work fully, unlike Us schools which give a "cap gap". . Do not go through agents they will do the same thing you can do and charge you 1million naira. Just go to the school website and apply,if you are not computer friendly you can go to the can go to d cyber cafe

University of Manitoba and university of Regina have low tuitions
sir,how much is canada visa and transport arrangement. Am interested sir
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by fortunechy(m): 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
na trekk u wan take go
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Study permit is 150 CAN$
flight ticket is about 650 dollars
since your interested you should go to those schools website and see if you meet up the requirements for the course you want to study and check the grants and scholarships available.
Then you can apply
aro1:
sir,how much is canada visa and transport arrangement. Am interested sir
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by onatisi(m): 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Go to any country you want to but pls before leaving Nigeria make sure you get skilled in practical vocational skills like carpentry,building ,tailoring etc .

2 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by VickyRotex(f): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ebimablog:
What can one possibly invest such amount in ,without actively involved? please your reply wil be appreciated

Well, it depends on your environment and the needs that need to be met there.

However, there are lots of things you can do with such capital.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by 4nobody4every1: 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Good luck.

Look back and buy property/have investment in Nigeria as soon as you can.

Bon Voyage.
hahahaha, na true you talk, but 400k is small to buy property, l think from his post that is all he has, maybe he should look for a half plot around lagos / ibadan express way , buy it and leave it, if he has extra, he can travel to jericho or wherever he wish, but to travel without no investment to fall back to in Nigeria, na big gbege and garabaza be that... grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Chorefty(m): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bro, u can secure a visit visa with a return ticket with that amount but must have a friend or relatives over there that u can stay with and also for feeding before u secure a job and stay on company accommodation and if u are gonna go for ur exit, it will be the company that will sponsor ur return back to work with them, this is my sincere advise to u, pray before u take the step maybe u are gonna make there or not.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by millhouse: 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:

Thanks

safe journey
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:

Thanks

Mehn Use 400k shoot one video for ma hit track put on sound city. We would be smiling to the bank stanking cash.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by DinhoMVP: 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:

Thanks

Bye Bye

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by mwasiu(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Give me 200k for there there now
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Guy wait first, either start a business with half that & dash me the other half or bring everything. I know a guy who has a babe that goes to dubai to buy tinz. She's always looking fly, & loves to fly. I fit hook una 2 up codedly, she can get you fixed, just drop 100k for me, carry go from there. (see what I did there?)
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by macminista(m): 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
orlaryhincah:

Quilox wan host Wizkid tomorrow ooo
Hahahaa..Na club moni grin cheesy
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by stevecantrell: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
ronald4ever:
What do you want to do in Dubai? There are no jobs there and the very few you can get are menial jobs with peanut wages. There are no greener pastures in Dubai, mate.

Hmm...OP is not thinking at all..
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by bashydemy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bro no try am oooo, Dubai is not as they say it is oooo

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Shukran(f): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
AlaniPamoleKun:

Thanks

Don't fall a victim, I live work in dubai. There a lot of scammers around... Why must you quote the amount you have? If have a sponsor you don't need any money to move to dubai and settle because your sponsor will pay for you everything as per your contract and the Labour law. Be warned!!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by semaj23: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
someone abeg help me pinch dis man make he wake up from his day dreaming. The truth is use ur 400k to find us self a good business and make the place u are now to be greener.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by maxti: 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
Let me do my bit.
With 400k, you first convert to dollars. Let's use black market rate of 280. That leaves you with $1,429 dollars.
Also an assumption that you already purchased your return ticket and visa.
Let's say return ticket at 120,000k and visa at 30,000k.(assumed not part of the 400k)
With your $1,429 dollars, you get 5,144 Dirhams.
Before you get your footing, accommodation + breakfast is 200 Dirhams per night. With no job yet, you will keep spending n not generate any income. How long do u think this will go on before your visa expires, before you get a job?
Mind you. The fine for overstay is $3,000......
To cut the long analysis short.
Invest your 400k in Nigeria. Trust me. It will be better.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by WhatOnEarth: 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
First off... If you're not a degree holder, don't just think of it.
Again.... If it's your luck you may succeed with that amount if you know some trustworthy person who can help you.
Mine cost about the same amount... But that was in 2014.

In summary, make sure you have something to fall back on if it backfires.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture by Bandeco(m): 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
prettysolid:
Most comments are insulting probably because u opened up and told them how much u have which is breeding jelousy cuz they are dead broke.

You are not the first or last person who will seek for greener pastures. Dubia is stressful especially when it comes to getting a job. you will most likely get menial jobs like being a gateman and the pay is not lucrative like it would have been in the us,uk and co

If you are a university graduate with 2.1 or stll planing to go to the university. I would advise you to apply for masters or undergraduate studies in Canada. its not expensive because most Canadian schools give scholarship and GRE ,TOEFL is not needed. You are allowed to work while studying off campus unlike us schools and also apply for citizenship after your studies and work fully, unlike Us schools which give a "cap gap". . Do not go through agents they will do the same thing you can do and charge you 1million naira. Just go to the school website and apply,if you are not computer friendly you can go to the can go to d cyber cafe

University of Manitoba and university of Regina have low tuitions
Bros what of us that graduated with 2.2 .. Are we not eligible for studies in Canada? undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos / Five Undergraduates Die As Benz Runs Under Stationary Truck In Delta / Hilarious Pic: See What This Old Peugeot 504 Was Carrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.