Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (70088 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Dyt(f): 6:33am On Jan 23, 2016
solid3:

Hmm, so with all this NL toasting wey u dey get, u never see husby marry?

Sha, I dey here, I'm single n ready to mingle.

No wahala
I hope you have what I am looking for
Hard currency ni ooo
Not thousands but I can manage from 500 thousands of it
tongue

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ZiggyMr(m): 6:36am On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=thorpido post=42223590]Be content with such things as ye have!
You have married him already so quit thinking otherwise.You are honest with reasons why you married him.Now choose to enjoy him and your marriage rather than worry about what people say.At 33yrs old,you should have learnt to care less about many things.
You should help him dress neatly and trendy and he's good to go.

If any of your kids look like him,would you
begin to hide the child?[
/quote]
Man, u just said d koko.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by haffaze777(m): 6:36am On Jan 23, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Seriously? Is there a hidden sarcasm I'm nt catching.
So if she had married a handsome dude and he (God forbid), got into an accident, or had burns or a dermatological disorder tht destroyed his looks, she shld start planning divorce so as not to feel ashamed of him?
Why are pple so vain? Why shld u judge pple by their looks (calling someone a total reject), becos of something they had no control over. U don't chose to be handsome or average or ugly, u just find urself tht way.
The Op was the silly one for marrying a man she is not attracted to for whatever reason, she had the choice to say NO but she didn't. The shame part is all in her head, even if one's husband is crippled how is tht anyone's business, let them talk, he is hers afterall. She only has to work on her esteem issues and stop making the man feel bad

70,000 likes for dis wonderful reply to a guy u quoted,I don't know why people will blame someone or desist someone for what he/she does not have power over
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by MacJC: 6:39am On Jan 23, 2016
Dyt:
Pls can I meet your husband?
Pls send me a mail with the address on my signature
Thanks in advance
I dey feel u joor! One woman's poizin na anoda woman food.
Shikena!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by MacJC: 6:40am On Jan 23, 2016
chumakk:
Tell us the truth. Is he poor? It is only poor men that are ugly

Like 2face,flavor, dangote and otedola shey?
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by pendusky(m): 6:45am On Jan 23, 2016
playtheblues:
How ugly is he? I mean is he uglier than Mr. Ibu? Be sincere.

Ur Signature though grin

Don't worry, plan are underway. make sure when u get ur millions tell everyone about it too. grin
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Acidosis(m): 6:53am On Jan 23, 2016
Start by loving your husband

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by theodoretatimi: 6:54am On Jan 23, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmm.isokee.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by jashar(f): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2016
lifezone247:

The op really needs ur kind for counselling. You are so on point.

smiley. Thank you sir.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by babafirst(m): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2016
Eeeyahh,but this your husband you are 'ashamed' of do you know that many ladies if given the opportunity will collect him from you?My point is this, 'ugliness' can be attractive and sexy too.He is your husband,was he looking more handsome on your wedding day (when hundreds or thousands were in attendance) than he is looking now?Abegi that man is handsome.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Ibitade1993(f): 7:02am On Jan 23, 2016
The word "ugly" is even relative. A man whom you describe as ugly may be another woman's dreams. Pls guide your marriage well 'coz there are many handsome men out there who don't even think of their wife but they only know that she is the "mother of their children".
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Bianda24: 7:03am On Jan 23, 2016
You possibly don't love him. Love transcends many things and looks is one of them. In fact, look is not even A yardstick of measuring love. From what u said, he loves you, cares for you and take care of you. What is your wahala? My advice, learn to love him or divorce him. You possibly can not live with this all the rest of your life

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by bless9ja: 7:03am On Jan 23, 2016
learn to love him plz, coz oda ladies might actually admirin him nd u dnt no.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by shanktang(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2016
you do love him no doubt but u need to start taking pride in him, show more boldness in doing that, he is your husband mind you and good men are scarce so take a bold step when in public be the one to want to hold his hands, cross an arm over his shoulders and all that togues may wag but dont even care, you waited that long for him to come, its your gain enjoy it, i tell you there somany of our politicians you wont even birh an eyelid to look at but they have very beautiful wives that are so proud to sit beside them in public gatherings and ceremonies, and as far as i can see the only problem you have is you, once you are able to overcome yourself then the job is all done, twoosh him up a bit, im sure theres something you can do to make him come out better, manage his look and take pride in him and have fun, enjoy your marriage and dont look at their faces cheers

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by davidif: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2016
How would someone be desperate to get married simply because your friends and siblings are all married?? Na wa o. The Naija thought process sef.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by bebu: 7:06am On Jan 23, 2016
U should b hapi dat u finaly got married at ur old age by d way is he not handsome dan obansanjo
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:08am On Jan 23, 2016
but I go like see the dude picture sha....I personally believe no man is ugly. facially he might be scary but you can as well package the dude well mhen. make him look smart and trendy always. let his appearance stand out amongst his peers. feed him well with good food and great sex to make him fresh and dapper. trust me he can get better with all these steps.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nnemuka(f): 7:08am On Jan 23, 2016
I understand you my dear, atleast you got an ugly man who might be literate.
I dont mind an educated ugly man.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by LewsTherin: 7:10am On Jan 23, 2016
bukatyne:

Happy new year

Thanks. And a happy and blessed year to you and yours
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Engrpj(m): 7:14am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

1. My younger ones and friends were all married and I was desperate at 32.
2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

OP let me tell you the gospel truth. if u were also as ugly as your husband is, am sure you won't be ashamed of walking with him, the reason you are ashamed is because you are proud of your beauty, you acknowledge that you are very beautiful and I strongly believe that is what stop you from getting married early cos you were sampling and selecting Guyz coming your way . So the only thing to do is learn to forget that you are pretty, love your husband and dress him well to your taste when going out.... thank me later

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by swagifted(m): 7:16am On Jan 23, 2016
playtheblues:
How ugly is he? I mean is he uglier than Mr. Ibu? Be sincere.
nna eh, even ibu wife no de shame for ibu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by juman(m): 7:16am On Jan 23, 2016
There is no mr. perfect anywhere.

Through the thread one can see that your husband is not as ugly as your mind is troubled.
You have good husband so be rather thanking you God. Many females would desire to be in your shoe to have a caring husband.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

haba no
He is finer than Ibu and you say he is ugly? You are ungrateful and God doesnt like that. There are people who are married to blind men and disabled men yet you are here crying like a baby over looks! Don't ever make the mistake of sharing this with any body even your mother cos even it enters that mans ears you have lost him forever!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Sike(m): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2016
MathsChic:
Stop worrying what others think. Quit being a people pleaser.
gbam!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by dimexy247(m): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Being ugly isn't a disease and remember he didn't choose that face, it was his God given image. Stop feeling ashamed and quit blaming God's work. Be proud of ur hubby and stop living on what others would think. Moreso, make up for him properly always he would look better, no one is ugly unless they think they are. Gbam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by mideactive: 7:23am On Jan 23, 2016
Maybe u need 2 read d book or watch d movie beauty n d beast,it's not realy about d facial thing.it's more about his hearts

scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 23, 2016
Dyt:
Pls can I meet your husband?

Pls send me a mail with the address on my signature

Thanks in advance

here i am cool am her husband
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by totorimi: 7:24am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

Your husband is your husband don't kill him because you don't like his looks. Now that you have satisfied you heart desire of getting married pls stay married and happy don't cheat.
Be happy with his good nature and use your female attributes and make him dress the way you want that's all. At the end of the day no man us ugly ones he is meeting up with his obligations.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Ishilove: 7:24am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

Women are their own worst enemies
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by modified(m): 7:25am On Jan 23, 2016
Look at this fool contradicting herself he is ugly and he treats you well still you the complain. Come marry me now I am handsome but your type eeehhh na blisters I go take redesign your beauty.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 23, 2016
MathsChic:
Stop worrying what others think. Quit being a people pleaser.

Pls educate her cos at 32 she s telling us that she got married for the wrong reasons. An ugly husband who loves u is better than the hansome prince that beats u.

There's no shame in luv, if ur ashamed of ur man in public, it simply means u don't love him just his money.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by busirazee: 7:27am On Jan 23, 2016
My dear sister,I would ve love to marry an ugly man n yet be happy if he can show care n concern but unfortunately,I married an handsome man yet no peace of mind from morning til nit,I cried my life everyday,at d same age wit u,I can't do anytin without glasses due to d damage d cried ve done to my sight.So pls learn hw to reciprocate all he is doing to u.Beaty is in d eyes of d behold.When a man is caring he is handsome so don't base ur handsomeness on physical beauty.I wish u d best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.