Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,988 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (70084 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by smartleo(m): 12:06am On Jan 23, 2016
What you appreciates increase.......appreciations is the key to a happier and no hypertension lifestyle.........if this woman is not careful,husband snatchers are like lession prey for you.don't be fooled,your husband can read the sky,your actions will always becloud your I love you which are from feign lip.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by mallimillz(m): 12:07am On Jan 23, 2016
kallmemrB:
sorry fot What ?

i feel so bad for the Husband....the most hurtful feeling in this life is to feel under appreciated....

i know we guys always complain of ladies not-so-pretty but calling a guy ugly is annoying cos this same guy you dont wanna appreciate has over 100 ladies out there wishing they could have a husband as caring as ur man..

am 100% percent sure you are not as pretty as Heidi Klum,She married Seal for years with kids... so whats ur Prob

you see lots of ladies in church praying for a Good and caring husband even if he looks like Gorrila...you have a Good and caring husband but u aint satisfy....

i pity you alot...in 10yrs time when that ur beauty is gone ,am sure by then you will be praying he doesnt leave you cos no matter how many make up u use that beauty of yours will surely fade away...

Learn to love and appreciate ur partner....Him loving you and caring for you should be more important to u than his looks...

2face and Flavor are hansome dudes but their babymamas holds pillows to sleep at night..

Learn to Love him more before someone that will appreciate him better will come along

P.S dont think he doesnt know that you dont admire him
correct
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by codedest: 12:08am On Jan 23, 2016
Iara is that you?
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Excuzeme: 12:08am On Jan 23, 2016
Azil:
The look people give you in public has absolutely nothing to do with your husband's physical appearance...they give that look because they see you find him embarrassing and so, find YOU disgusting.

This one deserves to get an award for the "MOST SUCCINCT POST" OF 2016!

If you be soldier, all terrorist for don die since! Shooting from the Hips! kiss
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Fanirandele: 12:09am On Jan 23, 2016
livinusman:
my Sister I will advise you to hold on to your Hubby and be proud of him anywhere you God have joined you both together.and pls if I may ask you if you were pretty as you said what do u still find it difficult to get married until the loving kind hearted Man removed the unmarrital disgrace from you? think about it pls

Unmarital disgrace That's the type of sentiment that led her into marrying a man she was attracted to because she was weak and allowed herself to be influenced by such. @Op, luckily you didn't fall into the hands of a maniac so just stop caring a boy what people are thinking or saying and focus on his attractive qualities

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ikp120(m): 12:09am On Jan 23, 2016
PunterTim:
Don't You Think You're Overacting Here And Being Unrealistic About This!.
This Is About Her And What She Wants.Didn't Want To Advise This But Now I Must:
Think You Should Sit Down With Him And Carefully State Your Reasons To Divorce Him!

You mean it? A man who she can boldly tell the whole world that he is treating her like a princess? I wish I didn't read this comment. But if you mean it, please reply with an "AMEN" to this prayer:
May your partners do to you what you advice this woman to do to her husband in Jesus' name!

I REST MY CASE!
THANK YOU!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by seamanFerrari23: 12:11am On Jan 23, 2016
You jes av to be proud of im.......gbam!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by 2rez: 12:13am On Jan 23, 2016
pato405:
Attention seeker alert!

You were 32 when you married and you are married for a year now, meaning you are 33 now.

In your previous post, 3 yrs ago, you claimed 28 yrs old (which means you ought to be 31 now). How come?

Inconsistency = liesssssss

conclusion: story unbelievable, cooked up lies.

The Op needs help like seriously. The lie is coming from devil's mansion. Na confirm gbovo, endtimee attention seeker. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Excuzeme: 12:14am On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

Our job here in the forum is to advice. Stop acting detective.
Maybe she is confused the way she seems confused about her choices

So your "our job" is to aid the confusion more, abi?

Dearis God, all these confusion you are sharing! grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by 2rez: 12:17am On Jan 23, 2016
kobonaire:
This could just be a FAKE story by the OP because in 2013 the OP claimed to be 28 years old and was seeking advice in this thread on how to have "wild sex" in his thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1533671/wild-bed
Now in 2016 the OP has suddenly turned 33 and is married to a fugly sugar daddy ..... SMH
[size=1pt]@Scaredy[/size]

The lowlife takes no chill in lies. She needs a truth serum, morafuckre sad

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

1. My younger ones and friends were all married and I was desperate at 32.
2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

If you knew his physical appearance made you feel uncomfortable, why would you be with him? Females SMH.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by NemzySeries(m): 12:19am On Jan 23, 2016
U're publicly ashamed of d man dat made u a woman, wife & mother?.......one time enugu gov said "I maybe ugly but I av a gorgeous wife & beautiful kids so therefore I'm a happy & fulfilled man".......probably God had brought u to correct d ugly linage in hiz life. i'll advice u put away dis weird centiment U've bin carrying abt ur hubby & luv him properly, teach him aw to dress & also aid in tushing him up & finally give him sum time like 4-5yrs h'll begin to look like u especially wen derz frequent s*x between u guys u tend to look stylishly alike.......after all hiz ur hubby & u were not blind d day he finally tuk u to d alter & dunt 4get dat sumlady sumwere is waiting 4 d perfect time to steal dat same man u call UGLY

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by fehinties: 12:19am On Jan 23, 2016
You have to stop being ashame of him, no matter how ugly he looks. Always ensure he appears neat and always well dressed you cannot recreate him but you can certainly redefine him. I think his outfit can cover up for the way he look
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 23, 2016
It's your happiness that matters and not what people think, stop being a farming tool.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by PunterTim(m): 12:22am On Jan 23, 2016
ikp120:

You mean it? A man who she can boldly tell the whole world that he is treating her like a princess? I wish I didn't read this comment. But if you mean it, please reply with an "AMEN" to this prayer:
May your partners do to you what you advice this woman to do to her husband in Jesus' name!

I REST MY CASE!
THANK YOU!
Maybe Treating Her Like A Princess Is Not Enough For Her!
Maybe She Wants The Good Looks Too!
Please Go To Bed,I'm Too Weak To Argue With Kids.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by KomradeKorsche: 12:23am On Jan 23, 2016
sunnydayasaba:
OP, when Seal and Heidi Klum(dnt knw if my spellings are correct) were still married, Did u see how proud she was arnd him? She even gave birth to 3 kids for him.

Love conquer all, learn to love ur husband first with DAT he will be so handsome to u. Come to think of it, Nobody will walk up to you to tell you there looking at u bcus ur husband is ugly. It jst ur own imagination.
and now nko? Learn to stop using Past Glory as a present perfect example.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Ikegod89(m): 12:23am On Jan 23, 2016
is careful not to spoil what you have!
the most ugly man I know is that man who does care about his family, know that what people say have damage many home.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by redcliff: 12:24am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

have him dress well at all times... this would go a long way to take that shame off you
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by HARDDON: 12:25am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

https://www.google.com/search?q=seal+heidi+klum&tbm=isch&imgil=kZJ5yhKlkyBo3M%253A%253BNMRDSu4-ZpP-IM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.people.com%25252Fpeople%25252Fgallery%25252F0%25252C%25252C1030180_828808%25252C00.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=kZJ5yhKlkyBo3M%253A%252CNMRDSu4-ZpP-IM%252C_&usg=__0I3NfOl9mk9paoypJhdrLPPt4oc%3D&biw=1366&bih=657

any more Q?

like s1 rightly said dont think he isnt aware u dont apreciate him, dont make him change toward u. he deserved more than this.....

cn imagine u laughing @ his ugliness wit ur siblings , nt kul

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by salvation77177: 12:27am On Jan 23, 2016
Madam, please accept your husband the he is. What do you mean by saying your husband is ugly. Are you the one that created him . Accept your husband the way he is and move ahead. You are ashame of a man that puts you in the house and remove reproach disgrace from your life. Isn't that foolishness.
May God almighty forgive you for this evil thought.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by foriz4u(m): 12:32am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.
hey girl take deep look at this below...I bliv it will help...love d hrt not d appearance once u can do that I bliv d Shane will go on its own..
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by foriz4u(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.
39 ANCIENT WISDOM TIPS FOR SINGLES ON MARRIAGE
By D.K. Olukoya G.O MFM

1. Wedding is a day but marriage is a lifetime .
2. A stingy man who is single will still be stingy when married.
3. Silence can never be misquoted.
4. If you want what no one has had, you must do what no one has done.
5. When God wants to bless you, He puts a person in your life. When Satan wants to destroy you, he puts a person in your life.
6. It is better to be single and alone than to be married to the wrong person.
7. Avoid a contentious woman.
8. 3 men to avoid:
a. A hot tempered man.
b. A womanizer.
c. A drunkard.
9. Marrying a comedian does not guarantee a happy marriage.
10. Never be yoked to anyone who will not be yoked to Christ.
11. 3 words that echo peace in a marriage:
a. I love you .
b. I am sorry .
c. Thank you.
12. Don't waste your time meditating or dwelling on your singleness.
13. Cohabitation is a recipe for marital failure .
14. Deal with anti marriage dreams.
15. Masturbation is destruction.
16. Marriage without friendship is like a sky without the sun.
17. If you rush into marriage, you may end up with someone who will bury your destiny.
18. A successful marriage is always a triangle : God, A man and a woman.
19. Why you marry is as important as who you marry.
20. Much happiness in life depends on your marital choice.
21. A man needs divine wisdom from God in choosing who to marry.
22. Do not place your priority on good looks ; no woman is ugly, she just needs rebranding.
23. 3 major characteristics to look for in a woman :
a. Fear of God.
b. Wisdom.
c. Discretion (beauty is vanity ).
24. The best way to enslave a woman is to show her love excessively - as a rule, women don't run away from where they're pampered.
25. Love is not blind ; infatuation and lust are blind.
26. Love puts God first, lust puts sex first.
27. Test every love with your peace of mind, if it is absent, God is not there.
28. If you are a true friend, you will attract true friends.
29. Caring hearts never lack caring hands.
30. Desperation leads to frustration.
31. Bad marriages can be avoided before they begin.
32. Keep your self pure and your bed undefiled.
33. It is spiritual insanity to plan to convert someone so you can marry the person.
34. Wage war against the devil that fought your parents' marriage.
35. Marriage is a covenant, always look before you leap.
36. It is better to be single and believing God to be married than to be married and believing in God to be single.
37. A broken courtship is better than a failed marriage.
38. Do not marry money or property, marry a person.
39. Be presentable. Pls forward it to d singles in ur contact.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by demsid(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2016
mytime24:
hmm shocked shocked lipsrsealed
you are pretty n I like you, let's b frds. Add me up 58C5ECE8
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by emmykk(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2016
playtheblues:
But Mr. Ibu has a pretty wife.

Mr ibu you guys used here as ugly person is not ugly.. That he has a pot belly doesnt make him an ugly person...his face is well shaped.

The OP is a very young woman,it is only a young woman that cry over handsome, real women prefer an ability man to finance her bill and care.

If he is not too short like akin and paw paw he is handsome,because man nor dey fine nah money man dey get and he dey fit do the work
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
yeah, you better not be ashamed of him, cos your beauty will fadeout in just few years to come! you ain't drop a single engine i guess
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by demsid(m): 12:37am On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

You were insecure before you got married ('everyone was married but me') and you are insecure after you got married (but when I say that marriage is not the magic cure for happiness, people will argue. grin )

The reason why you feel insecure is not your husband's appearance, the reason why you feel insecure is inside of you and it will follow you wherever you go.

hmm. Talking in parables, only the wise and the she that is involved and concerned will understand
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by uncjay(m): 12:39am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

haba no
Then u have no case......shikena
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nyceguy92: 12:42am On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=scaredy post=42223120]

Beauty is in the eye of the person looking.
Nowadays, there are hardly ugly men, even women.

I don't believe your husband has puntured, twisted lips and nose.
And he does not continuously dribble saliva, etc, etc.

If your husband is healthy and averagely well groomed with good social grace, you have no problem.

In any case, you don't marry for the heck of it. You must love enough to marry your partner.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by pretty16(f): 12:45am On Jan 23, 2016
kallmemrB:
sorry fot What ?

i feel so bad for the Husband....the most hurtful feeling in this life is to feel under appreciated....

i know we guys always complain of ladies not-so-pretty but calling a guy ugly is annoying cos this same guy you dont wanna appreciate has over 100 ladies out there wishing they could have a husband as caring as ur man..

am 100% percent sure you are not as pretty as Heidi Klum,She married Seal for years with kids... so whats ur Prob

you see lots of ladies in church praying for a Good and caring husband even if he looks like Gorrila...you have a Good and caring husband but u aint satisfy....

i pity you alot...in 10yrs time when that ur beauty is gone ,am sure by then you will be praying he doesnt leave you cos no matter how many make up u use that beauty of yours will surely fade away...

Learn to love and appreciate ur partner....Him loving you and caring for you should be more important to u than his looks...

2face and Flavor are hansome dudes but their babymamas holds pillows to sleep at night..

Learn to Love him more before someone that will appreciate him better will come along

P.S dont think he doesnt know that you dont admire him

You hit the nail on the head. So on point.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by demsid(m): 12:50am On Jan 23, 2016
vivavik:
U have what others don't have and yet u complain, na wa o. Repackage him naaaa... to ur taste. But trust me no man is ugly, with charisma and confidence he will be good to. Stop complaining about who God created and tell him thanks. Naija girls una too get wahala
I tire o my sister, I no know say husbands Dey ugly o. Na small girls way never get sense of life Dey follow fine boys. Cos men no dey ugly, na pocket n character b d koko.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by demsid(m): 12:53am On Jan 23, 2016
pretty16:

You hit the nail on the head. So on point.
this topic confuse me. My husband is ugly, meaning u just Dey manage to Waka with am. That's rubbish. If I'm d husband I go vex gan. I swear. Who fine boy Don help?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.