Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives (51022 Views)

How Tribunal Sacked George Sekibo From Senate And Declared Andrew Uchendu Winner / "Melaye’s Academic Gown To Senate Was Stolen Or Hired, He Made Fool Of Himself" / Senate And Buhari's Body Language - Magnus Oladesu (Vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by JakesJ(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
Just The BEGINNING!
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by wazobiaN9(m): 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
anonimi:

But the harlot in this your analogy is still busy spreading the HIV/AIDS so................
Abi you hear sey the Agbaya of Owu has REFUNDED all our money that he stole of turned over his CORRUPTLY acquired assets over to the government?
Does he even pay TAXES appropriately and correctly to Ogun state to start with

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487

Anini, anomaly or what's that your name again sef? Let's just say the message is lost... on u.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by bayulll01(m): 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
anonimi:

Have you heard that- he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

This is an opportunity for those calling others corrupt to show themselves as truly repented and redeemed saints after doing RESTITUTION.
Is that too much to ask

okay you got my attention,why don't you use your God given brain,you accuse obasanjo of being corrupt can you produce any evidence,can you bring out fact linking him to any corrupt practices,see when you argue so that with fact not emotion advice pls
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
wazobiaN9:
Anini, anomaly or what's that your name again sef? Let's just say the message is lost... on u.

I have been sharing same message here on NL several times repeatedly so.......?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
bayulll01:
okay you got my attention,why don't you use your God given brain,you accuse obasanjo of being corrupt can you produce any evidence,can you bring out fact linking him to any corrupt practices,see when you argue so that with fact not emotion advice pls

I already posted the comment below. What more do you want

bayulll01:
my verdict.....
Nigeria economy has been batterded wounded,raped and finished in the last administrator by the cluelesssss silly and evil looking man from otueke,the looting in that administration can't be comprehended.Nigeria is an unsual country hypocrisy runs in our blood here is a man that want this nations to move forward you all still criticized him....silly people

Please keep your fake verdict to yourself.
Obasanjo administration of eight years was MORE corrupt than Jonathan administration of five years according to Transparency International of which Obasanjo and his baby-girl Oby Madam Due Process were both Board members.
So tell us something else please.
Thanks.

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by EbolaParasite: 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by free13: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
bjdon:

Well Mr Obasanjo, when I read the quote above, I must wonder, how does your 50 Million bribe to each of the National Assembly members for your third term plot fit with the pious quotes?
Obasanjo is the MOST hypocritical and two faced person in the Nigerian public space today. He writes his letters to various govts, pretending to be all moral and upstanding, meanwhile his actual practices never match up with his words. I pray one day this two faced hypocrite will be exposed for the immoral creature he really is.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by keypad1: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
[i]January 13, 2016
Distinguished Senator Bukola Saraki,
President of the Senate,
FedAbuja.
Honourable Yakubu Dogara,
Speaker, House of Representatives,
National Assembly Complex,
Abuja.
It is appropriate to begin this letter, which I am sending to all members of the Senate and the House of Representatives through both of you at this auspicious and critical time, with wishes of Happy New Year to you all.
On a few occasions in the past, both in and out of office as the President of Nigeria, I have agonised on certain issues within the arms of government at the national level and among the tiers of government as well. Not least, I have reflected and expressed, outspokenly at times, my views on the practice in the National Assembly which detracts from distinguishness and honourability because it is shrouded in opaqueness and absolute lack of transparency and could not be regarded as normal, good and decent practice in a democracy that is supposed to be exemplary. I am, of course, referring to the issue of budgets and finances of the National Assembly.
The present economic situation that the country has found itself in is the climax of the steady erosion of good financial and economic management which grew from bad to worse in the last six years or so. The executive and the legislative arms of government must accept and share responsibility in this regard. And if there will be a redress of the situation as early as possible, the two arms must also bear the responsibility proportionally. The two arms ran the affairs of the country unmindful of the rainy day. The rainy day is now here. It would not work that the two arms should stand side by side with one arm pulling and without the support of the other one for good and efficient management of the economy.
The purpose of election into the Legislative Assembly particularly at the national level is to give service to the nation and not for the personal
service and interest of members at the expense of the nation which seemed to have been the mentality, psychology, mindset and practice within
the National Assembly since the beginning of this present democratic dispensation. Where is patriotism? Where is commitment? Where is service?
The beginning of good governance which is the responsibility of all arms and all the tiers of government is openness and transparency. It does
not matter what else we try to do, as long as one arm of government shrouds its financial administration and management in opaqueness and
practices rife with corruption, only very little, if anything at all, can be achieved in putting Nigeria on the path of sustainable and enduring
democratic system, development and progress. Governance without transparency will be a mockery of democracy.
Let us be more direct and specific so that action can be taken where it is urgently necessary. A situation where our national budget was predicated on $38 per barrel of oil with estimated 2 million barrels per day and before the budget was presented, the price of oil had gone down to $34 per barrel and now hovering around $30 and we have no assurance of producing 2 million barrels and if we can, we have no assurance of finding market for it, definitely calls for caution. If production and price projected in the budget stand, we would have to borrow almost one third
of the 6 trillion naira budget. Now beginning with the reality of the budget, there is need for sober reflection and sacrifice with innovation at the level of executive and legislative arms of government.
The soberness, the sacrifice and seriousness must be patient and apparent. It must not be seen and said that those who, as leaders, call for sacrifice from the citizenry are living in obscene opulence. It will not only be insensitive but callously so. It would seem that it is becoming a culture that election into the legislative arm of government at the national level in particular is a licence for financial misconduct and that should not be. The National Assembly now has a unique opportunity of presenting a new image of itself. It will help to strengthen, deepen, widen and sustain our democracy.
By our Constitution, the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission is charged with the responsibility of fixing emoluments of the
three arms of government: executive, legislature and judiciary. The Commission did its job but by different disingenuous ways and devices, the
legislature had overturned the recommendation of the Commission and hiked up for themselves that which they are unwilling to spell out in detail,
though they would want to defend it by force of arm if necessary. What is that?
Mr. President of the

Try this guys. It works 100%

1) close your eyes.

Now you will see that you cant see anything.

See, i told you. You did it. Congrats

(children under 18 years, dont try this on your own)
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by BABANGBALI: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
bayulll01:

lol I mean I wonder if this country can ever move forward..

Buhari :we will fight corrupt people

wailers:Start with you people
Buhari start with saraki
wailera: it is victimization

buhari start with dasuki merit

wailers:it is witch hunt

haba why are you yo all miserable and dejected,why are you all filled with bitterness
omo the thong tire me..The leaders and the led are all confused
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by ofoka: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Well he can write any thing he wishes. We challenge him to declare his assets and also as an insider tell us the details of all the payments received by all federal officials. Obasanjo is a very shameless old thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by noblegrex: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
joborskill:
shocked Pot abusing kettle. Refund 16billion dollars power fund first before blabbing. Grand father of corruption undecided
what if pot Is accusing kettle.chai and some dunbo actually likes what he's saying.bunch of ignoramus. Abeg what's that suppose to mean.are you saying they aint worthy of such accusations. Is he not telling the truth. Even if he's the kettle himself accusing other kettle.it doesn't mean anything so long he's on point.see people.may God open your eyes ooo.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
BABANGBALI:
all i have to say is that he no go better for anybody wey abuse or disagree with Obj on this letter. Baba God bless you for being courageous enough to write this epic letter.
Quote me negatively and die mysteriously in your sleep

Fortunately God is not foolish nor is He fooled by letter-writing, crowd-pleasing Agbayas like General Bully Aminu of Otta.
When Obasanjo is courageous enough to vomit all our money that he stole and pays his TAXES like every law-abiding citizen then God will bless him, not so

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
EbolaParasite:
This is proof that he stole?

No.
It is proof that he did not STEAL.
Happy now
Can you share your proof that Jonathan stole for which you have joined others to vilify him.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967340_213_jpeg7c378bb521e826e793a32fa9770a0374

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by focus7: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
ofeco:
I think OBJ has no moral justification to accuse others of being corrupt because he is an epitome of corruption. if truly he is concerned abt the present economic quagmire he should refund part of his loot to enable the incumbent to perform if not he should stop making noise.
Mr saint or should I call you holier than thou Since you have moral justification, why have you not air your own opinion or should everyone just keep quiet and watch some people milk the treasury dry while the ordinary people are not having the necessary amenities to make living condusive and their own children stays somewhere in the develope countries enjoying the loot?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by frank442: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Forget the writer
Is the contents fact or fallacies

Let say the letter was written by
Jimmy disi
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by BABANGBALI: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
anonimi:

Fortunately God is not foolish nor is He fooled by letter-writing, crowd-pleasing Agbayas like General Bully Aminu of Otta.
When Obasanjo is courageous enough to vomit all our money that he stole and pays his TAXES like every law-abiding citizen then God will bless him, not so

all i have to say is that he no go better for anybody wey abuse or disagree with Obj on this letter. Baba God bless you for being courageous enough to write this epic letter.

Quote me negatively and die mysteriously in your sleep
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
bjdon:

Well Mr Obasanjo, when I read the quote above, I must wonder, how does your 50 Million bribe to each of the National Assembly members for your third term plot fit with the pious quotes?
Obasanjo is the MOST hypocritical and two faced person in the Nigerian public space today. He writes his letters to various govts, pretending to be all moral and upstanding, meanwhile his actual practices never match up with his words. I pray one day this two faced hypocrite will be exposed for the immoral creature he really is.
we keep talking about this 50mill bribe but what evidence do you really have to back ur point? Or you just choose to criticise his personality without attacking d issue at hand.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by dedecoder: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
This man is living up to his responsibility. This is what an Elders statesman does. I'm less concerned of your past, I only see that you are trying, if possible, to make the future better and this is what is needed. The "Honourables" should please fear God and have mercy on the masses.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by DedeNkem: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Even though Nigerian senators and representives are among the world's most corrupt and inept, Obasanjo has no moral intergrity to criticize them!

Obasanjo is the MOST corrupt, vindictive and murderous politician in West Africa if not Africa as a whole. This criminal supposed to be legally executed or jailed for life for all the atrocities he committed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
franciskaine:
we keep talking about this 50mill bribe but what evidence do you really have to back ur point? Or you just choose to criticise his personality without attacking d issue at hand.

What EVIDENCE do YOU have to back the $2.1 billion Dasuki money?
Please share.
Thanks.
Abi you are a HYPOCRITE ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by proffemi: 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
anonimi:

General Olusegun Obasanjo (ret'd) was civilian president for eight years after three years of being military president in the 70s not so
Kindly point us to the audited budgets of the National Assembly for 1999-2007.
You can also point us to the audited budgets and accounts of NNPC during those eight years when the hopeless man was minister for petroleum, right
It is easy to write foolish letters after you are no longer responsible to score points with your 200 million mumu fellow citizens and be sure they will praise you blabbing message versus messenger bullshit angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPytmuhYDAU

And-so-what? How does that affect the severity of the points he raised?

I totally understand the exasperation of the guy to whom you were replying. It's like even the most basic cognitive processes of the Nigerian mind are modulated by myopic personal, and sectarian considerations. You're obviously smart enough to know what "ad hominem" means, and yet here you are. How can we explain that?

The guy to whom you were responding wanted to know whether the majority of Nigerians think OBJ's accusations hold water or not. Are you saying they do not? If they do - and showing as they do that the NASS is basically helping themselves to a big chunk of our pie - are you Nigerians just going to bend over and take it? That, my brother, is the question.

Democracy works when the people are vigilant to defend their rights. I think Nigerians are just more interested in scoring points.

Whether OBJ is corrupt or not, whether he embezzled $16 billion or not, that's is a discussion for another day. And getting a little evidence on your side won't hurt, you know. BTW, I don't believe you can prosecute a man with a report from AITI, so, nope, that doesn't count.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by proffemi: 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
anonimi:

What EVIDENCE do YOU have to back the $2.1 billion Dasuki money?
Please share.
Thanks.
Abi you are a HYPOCRITE ni

If I may ask, what's your contention about the Dasuki money: that no $2.1 billion ever passed through his office, or that it was never misappropriated?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by banmee(m): 8:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I wish other past HOS can also comment on the affairs of this nation from time to time, things might have been better.
For now, this is the only writing president, others don't, he is the only one with documented records of his stewardship(rightly or wrongly), while others can't show us any.
I hope GEJ will also write one someday.

What you should wish for is for past presidents to shut the phuck up. No single president in Nigeria did anything for the country. Obasanjo is the worst president we ever had. I find it ironic that a man who was canvassing for a third term as president would have the nerve to call the present so called leaders corrupt. Na wah for Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
proffemi:
If I may ask, what's your contention about the Dasuki money: that no $2.1 billion ever passed through his office, or that it was never misappropriated?

Please see the post I responded to below for your answer.
Thanks.

franciskaine:
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
banmee:
What you should wish for is for past presidents to shut the phuck up. No single president in Nigeria did anything for the country. Obasanjo is the worst president we ever had. I find it ironic that a man who was canvassing for a third term as president would have the nerve to call the present so called leaders corrupt. Na wah for Nigeria.

Thanks for reminding our fellow citizens who may have forgotten who the Ebola of Owu is.
Let me repost this image below

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by nickxtra(m): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
The best letter from OBJ in recent years. God bless you baba.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by proffemi: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
anonimi:

Please see the post I responded to below for your answer. Thanks.

Okay. Sorry then, but I do not agree with you. I take it that you equated the two cases just to make a point.
Surely, you cannot believe a case where sufficient evidence has been unearthed to initiate multiple court cases is similar to one still in the realm of hearsay?

Please get me very clear: if someone got sufficient evidence against OBJ to send him to jail, I would be quite happy. Till then however, I will take all allegations against him as just that:allegations. And even then, I will never allow my impressions of the man (positive or negative) determine my ability to discern right from wrong.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by bigeagleeye(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
DedeNkem:
Even though Nigerian senators and representives are among the world's most corrupt and inept, Obasanjo has no moral intergrity to criticize them!

Obasanjo is the MOST corrupt, vindictive and murderous politician in West Africa if not Africa as a whole. This criminal supposed to be legally executed or jailed for life for all the atrocities he committed!

Alrite now that you have given the reason why you think Obj is not fit to say the truth..who do you recommend to say it for the sake of my dear country?
You will be insensitive and unfair to our unborn children if you don't see a need for this epic epistle especially at this time..so who should be the Qualified Apostle?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by bigeagleeye(m): 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
banmee:

Alrite now that you have given the reason why you think Obj is not fit to say the truth..who do you recommend to say it for the sake of my dear country?
You will be insensitive and unfair to our unborn children if you don't see a need for this epic epistle especially at this time..so who should be the Qualified Apostle?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by misgab: 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
any mumu dt dare abuse or insult baba or dz writeup is definately an enemy of dz country n masses. baba tell those dishonourable thifz dt the masses are still coming for them
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by anonimi: 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
misgab:
any mumu dt dare abuse or insult baba or dz writeup is definately an enemy of dz country n masses. baba tell those dishonourable thifz dt the masses are still coming for them

Please sir, what are the masses waiting for?
Why not go for them NOW?
Why wait for Obasanjo to write letters to them?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by Ifeola1: 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
Where ar we going in dis country; a thief is calling a thief a thief

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Remove Handcuff, Come Down From Van / FULL LIST Of Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees / Lovely Photos Of President Tinubu With Son, Seyi, Daughter In-law Layal & Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.