Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives (51017 Views)

How Tribunal Sacked George Sekibo From Senate And Declared Andrew Uchendu Winner / "Melaye’s Academic Gown To Senate Was Stolen Or Hired, He Made Fool Of Himself" / Senate And Buhari's Body Language - Magnus Oladesu (Vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by Demdem(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2016
Ignore Obj's letter at ur peril. Jonah-daft ignored it and we knew the calamity that befell the fool.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by samsadeyemo(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2016
Right message, wrong messenger.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by solreb: 7:53am On Jan 28, 2016
Good right up. It is now left for our legislators to do the right thing. This is an opportunity for thr asses to rise up against the national assembly which has seen to be very corrupt and inconsiderate over the years.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by solreb: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2016
ofeco:
I think OBJ has no moral justification to accuse others of being corrupt because he is an epitome of corruption. if truly he is concerned abt the present economic quagmire he should refund part of his loot to enable the incumbent to perform if not he should stop making noise.

I think this is not about obasanjo but about the country. I never like him for once because I know he us corrupt but God can still use him to speak up in times like this. I think it is platform for Nigerians to rise up against the unending corruption in national assembly. Your stance is what a typical legislator will take just to justify their greed.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by solreb: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2016
tuale4u:
We should focus on the message not the messager
True. People are focusing on the messenger which is what the legislators would want. The message is on point and good plsaform to check the excesses of N/A. It do we want the unhindered looting to continue
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by Fawklicant: 8:12am On Jan 28, 2016
wazobiaN9:

I guess u can wallow in your sad state for as long as you care. Cry baby

I would refrain from responding to you further. You talk about considering the message and not the mesenger but your posts speak otherwise. One full page of your posts and all you did was attack people who commented and not for once addressing the issues they raised. Hypocrisy is your lot.

Btw are you @Goodjoe? You seem to be giving the same responses?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by bellyjean(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2016
My fellow Nigerians,

But why do we always choose to attack the messenger rather than peruse his message? We are all blaming OBJ maybe because he started this (constituency allowances and. Other poos) during his tenure. Yes, that's very true. but one thing we should realise is that Nigeria at that time had so much money and we didn't know what to do with it (sic-idi agbon). Today, OBJ is calling us to let us know the true state of our country; we don't have so much money like before and that we can't continue in this culture of extravagance and lavish spending, especially on frivolity.

Why do we have to renovate 109 senators + 360 house of reps houses every 4 years? Habaa, kilode, gini? Enough is enough. A call to leadership is a call to selfless service and a call to sacrifice.

My fellow Nigerians,

Pls let us be enlightened and be aware of situations aand circumstances. 2019 elections is only 3years from now, let us wisely choose forthright people as our senators and reps, look around your community and you will see that we still have good people, encourage them to represent us. We can't continue to elect these agberos that can't reason beyond their stomachs.

I was watching an interview and this senator says because of their jobs, Landcruiser jeeps are the best vehicles and government must provide them these..... what manner of shallowness and insensitivity is this?

Nigerians, be wise!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by TijaniAbu: 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Obasanjo letter should be translated as he never get alert, abi dem boys don forget sey he dey hungry?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by Ndycharly: 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is what we call Pot calling the kettle black. Baba i expect you to direct your letter to dullard, he is greedy and lawless, by disobeying court orders and not the senators.... [b][/b]
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by lordyugo: 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
joborskill:
shocked Pot abusing kettle. Refund 16billion dollars power fund first before blabbing. Grand father of corruption undecided

no doubt hes the father of corruption but do we have to kp wallowing in misplaced priorities, leaving d message to focus on frivolous aspect of who brought the message....
All we do in this country is complain behind closed doors nd go to church to pray bout it but wen some1 speaks up we attack d person with the childish presumption dat hes the opposition or has ulterior motives.
hell, u need bad pple to fight bad pple cos they understand wats goin on
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by kk4kiss(m): 1:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
Oby is Nigeria major problem he contributed 85% of what we re passing through today but by the grace of God, he shall kick bucket one day as he don old and refuse to let niaja to be
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by sevule(m): 4:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
989900:
Is OBJ morally bankrupt? YES.

Is he speaking the truth this time around? YES.

Do I loathe the man? YES.

Do I agree with him here? YES.

Is this pro masses? YES.

Is this in my best interest? YES.

Are victims of the said malfeasance and sleaze pathetically dumb to attack the messenger in lieu of the message? YES.

YES! YES!! YES!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!!

A Big YES to all the points you raised! Its unfortunate that its only a minority of Nigerians that actually reason with their brains!
Its like a thief telling you that your house where your family is, is on fire and you see it is actually on fire. Would you argue with the thief that he stole from you or would you rush back home to quench the fire?

Nigerians are so PETTY!!!!!!!
Yes I believe Obasanjo is corrupt and YES I believe he has a case to answer BUT that does NOT make anything he said ANY LESS TRUE!
We are SO WILLING to let our thieving senators loot us dry just because we don't like the man that is warning us??
If that is not DUMB then I have NO idea what DUMB is!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by amazingspiderma: 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

do you understand this thrash of yours?
pls where do we get it wrong as a country, Oluwa, have mercy.
how can a sane being refer to writing about ones activities in a position as joblessness?
Am not sure you are employed because if you are, then you must understood the need for CV/Resume and also why they still ask you to tell them about yourself.
If you are half employed and educated as you claimed,you will understand the meaning of objectivity.I see no reason why you suddenly lost your emotional composure simply because I said GEJ was not jobless.
You really need to grow up.Your response to my comment is worrisome.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by OlujobaSamuel: 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
amazingspiderma:

If you are half employed and educated as you claimed,you will understand the meaning of objectivity.I see no reason why you suddenly lost your emotional composure simply because I said GEJ was not jobless.
You really need to grow up.Your response to my comment is worrisome.

there's nothing objective about what you said. your comment means you refer to the actions(writings) of OBJ as joblessness. This is more worrisome than me losing my composure on you.
My comment was aim at all our HOS, as it stands, GEJ seems to be the most attacked regime with so many ridiculous allegations. What is the best way to here his own side of the story if not through his ink on paper. I.never said he should do that now, I said someday, meaning, future, so it's wrong for you to term that joblessness.
If you think writing is joblessness, try sit down to write 1000words of thrash without copying from a source, then you know how difficult it is to write few words that passes knowledge.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by ashewoboy(m): 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
repogirl:

I foresaw DISS. You unfollowed me? Amazed.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by bigeagleeye(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2016
U got me wrong, man! I have not said Obj is the one that must say something! I have only said, the words are important and someone can be heard must say them..in view of the fact by your assertion that obj is not qualify, I have only said who should be encouraged to be our Apostle at ds time!
DedeNkem:

For you to insinuate that Obasanjo is the only one who has the moral intergrity to speak the truth for Nigeria, shows why Nigeria is so messed up!

This is the type of terrible mentality that drags Nigeria backwards!

Be wise, Obasanjo doesn't give a sh*it about you or anyone except himself. Do you think if he successed in his illegal third-term bid, he would write that letter?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives by BraniacX(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
anonimi:

The real question is- what did Obasanjo do to prevent this NASS problem from happening when he was in power for eight years?
What did he do
If he did NOTHING but actually contributed actively to the current rotten situation, then his letter is not only hypocritical,it is to taunt us and effectively call us, his fellow citizens FOOLS. angry
Is that what we are- fools

How many SINate presidents did Obasanjo APPOINT during his eight years of MISRULE and ruin?
How many
Three, four or was it even five?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-sit6eMCbFeI/VSTwSLvM-UI/AAAAAAAAFno/-iVf6eRlodw/s1600/OBJ%2B2.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2964975_20151016091500_jpeg861cec15d40b80ec6e8556c2e5e4a538

his blatant hypocrisy is the obvious reason why the messenger seems to be more important and the message ignored

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" / "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai / Lovely Photos Of President Tinubu With Son, Seyi, Daughter In-law Layal & Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.