Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (73040 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by WORLDPEACE(m): 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
femzo:
It would last for six days for your zone but the induction is assigned for just a day, so yours is on the 8th which is the last day for your zone.
Thanks, where and when was yours, how was it, and what stage are you now?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
Check your emails. Online portal is now open to enter the recently submitted spreadsheet. You can request 2nd tranche after you submit which will be approved if and after your monitor approves.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thanks for the update. Did you get the password mail after the instructions?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
fatiaforreal:
Thanks for the update. Did you get the password mail after the instructions?

No. I did a password reset using the forgot password link and the email address that I've been using to communicate with GEM/KPMG.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kennyenny: 6:33am On Apr 03, 2017
WORLDPEACE:
Please, I have a question to ask you guys who have been inducted into the GEM program already. I got a mail that said I have been invited to attend an induction in Port Harcort on the 8th of April 2017. But I also got a text message from them that said I have been invited for an induction that will span from 3rd of April to 8th. Does this mean that the induction will be for six days or are we in batches and mine is only on the 8th? I live in Benin and I have to make adequate arrangement before traveling. I need to know if it is a one day affair or six days like the text seemed to suggest. I have written them for clarification but I have got no response from them.
Please, the following people I need your answers:
slydog
rhard
kennyenny
mayol
kukoki
neksummi
ufo4u

Congratulation! Yours is on 8th as femzo stated. I wish you success in your induction. My regards
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
kennyenny:

Congratulation! Yours is on 8th as femzo stated. I wish you success in your induction. My regards
Thanks
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by nobosaba(m): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
Worldpeace am so pained that its now am coming across this topic... am from edo too and was invited. am already in ph, mine is on the 7th... please holla at me....
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
nobosaba:
Worldpeace am so pained that its now am coming across this topic... am from edo too and was invited. am already in ph, mine is on the 7th... please holla at me....
You went too early for yours, abi? Sorry. I will like to get feedback from you how yours went too. We need to talk. Can I pm you?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by CoolKizzy(m): 3:34am On Apr 10, 2017
please house, after the induction, what next... mine is at enugu

nobosaba
WORLDPEACE

please how was your induction?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:32am On Apr 10, 2017
So, after Youwin3 grant, and your business is doing very well to the extent you formed a close group of millionaires, I'm not expecting to see some of you guys here. It's a moral question, allow those who have not won a grant to have a chance in life.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by stagger: 10:54am On Apr 10, 2017
fatiaforreal:
So, after Youwin3 grant, and your business is doing very well to the extent you formed a close group of millionaires, I'm not expecting to see some of you guys here. It's a moral question, allow those who have not won a grant to have a chance in life.

And whose fault is it that those who have not won a grant are still where they are?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
CoolKizzy:
please house, after the induction, what next... mine is at enugu

nobosaba
WORLDPEACE

please how was your induction?
I have replied your pm
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by nobosaba(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

You went too early for yours, abi? Sorry. I will like to get feedback from you how yours went too. We need to talk. Can I pm you?

Sorry for late reply.. It went well... And yours?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:07am On Apr 11, 2017
stagger:

And whose fault is it that those who have not won a grant are still where they are?
It's a simple moral question. I'm not interested in joining issue with anyone, but it's a shame your mentality wont allow things to work.
By now you should be busy elsewhere, not perpetual grant applicant. Allow others please! There are much bigger opportunities for those who have broken from the block, we all know that for those who truly have talents and innovative minds, the initial stage is the problem. God so good you won and you should be in that class of people who have everything to convince BOI by now.
I'm not speaking for myself, I'm a grant winner. but I'm speaking for those that would be denied by people like you. Let us have considedration for others in life, live and let's live. Entrepreneurship is not all about applying for grants here and there.
No insult is intended please.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2017
Most of the time, we're quick to criticise government but we tend to forget we have a role to play too.
Government is trying to eradicate poverty, we as a people need to demonstrate sincerity too to allow some of these programmes to achieve the set objectives. For instance, government decides to distribute bags of rice to some IDP and one man takes three bags for himself, would you call that smartness? Will some people not die of hunger? Will government gesture not fail?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by stagger: 11:00am On Apr 11, 2017
fatiaforreal:

It's a simple moral question. I'm not interested in joining issue with anyone, but it's a shame your mentality wont allow things to work.
By now you should be busy elsewhere, not perpetual grant applicant. Allow others please! There are much bigger opportunities for those who have broken from the block, we all know that for those who truly have talents and innovative minds, the initial stage is the problem. God so good you won and you should be in that class of people who have everything to convince BOI by now.
I'm not speaking for myself, I'm a grant winner. but I'm speaking for those that would be denied by people like you. Let us have considedration for others in life, live and let's live. Entrepreneurship is not all about applying for grants here and there.
No insult is intended please.

Surely after all the years you have spent on earth, you do not understand that life is survival of the fittest.

I wish I can post a testimony of an AYEEN 2016 winner whose friends consistently told him: "how can you pay N3,000 for J18 form in the name of grant application? It is all fraud..." Months later, when he showed the same 2 naysayer friends his business grant cheque, they were asking for their share.

Everyone's destinies is in their hands. The wise virgins collect more than enough oil so that while the bridegroom tarries, they have enough to last out the times. The foolish virgins collect just enough for a season, and then they run out of supplies.

3 Likes

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
stagger:

Surely after all the years you have spent on earth, you do not understand that life is survival of the fittest.

I wish I can post a testimony of an AYEEN 2016 winner whose friends consistently told him: "how can you pay N3,000 for J18 form in the name of grant application? It is all fraud..." Months later, when he showed the same 2 naysayer friends his business grant cheque, they were asking for their share.

Everyone's destinies is in their hands. The wise virgins collect more than enough oil so that while the bridegroom tarries, they have enough to last out the times. The foolish virgins collect just enough for a season, and then they run out of supplies.
Stagger! You can never change grin
From soup philosophy to oil philosophy. We don't have to see life that way. We must consider others too.

So AYEEN is true? You guys can go for that since it's from private sector, but allow this govt effort to go round.

How is your friend Blink182?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Back to our regularly scheduled programme. Did anyone have issues submitting their information on the dashboard?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 12:36am On Apr 12, 2017
I had problem getting my password as I couldn't get the password mail for three days. Eventually, they assisted me in going around it.
What's the next thing now? What about those who are yet to commence operations because they could not complete their projects in order to commence as a result of acute inflation?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
I had issues with my entries not saving but it was later fixed and I was able to submit and request 2nd tranche. Does anyone have any idea of when we should be expecting it? Will it get here this year? I need that tranche to commence production. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2017
Most people in production and manufacturing are in that situation. May God help us.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
Any news o!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello house,I believe that the first batch grantees should be expecting the second tranche soonest
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2017
Thanks for the info.
Who are the first batch grantees? Has everyone been visited a monitor?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by gspace1960(m): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
I JUST RECEIVED THIS NOW....
VERY SAD

Dear GEM Applicant,
Thank you very much for participating in the GEM induction workshop.
We regret to inform you that your firm did not meet the minimum required qualifications to gain full access to the BIG platform.
We hope and expect to re-open the Business Innovation and Growth platform for your company after a period of twelve (12) months. You will then be welcome to revise and re-submit your application if your firm qualifies.
Once again thank you for your interest in the GEM Project.
Yours sincerely,
Grant Administrator
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by femzo(m): 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
So sorry bro, where and when did you do your induction?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Adulphus(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
femzo:

That's serious ooo.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by gspace1960(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
femzo:

Lagos, inside last month....men its very painful....d hustling spirit continue
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
Oh,pity you, My friend received his own result today and was successful.He will be starting the ADVANCED TRAINING directly.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Agathabishen(f): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
how is the business plan like? from what am seeign here there is a second batch what about them? have they received?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
Has anyone heard anything about the online music distribution stuff people participated in last year September?

What's the update on that?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:48am On Apr 25, 2017
I don't know why there are no updates on the various stages of the project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System? / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Woman Slaps Man At UBA ATM In Port-Harcourt, Tears His Shirt And Singlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.