Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (73059 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
Gentlemen and ladies!
Visitation by GEM inspectors to commence next month.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
fatiaforreal:
Gentlemen and ladies!
Visitation by GEM inspectors to commence next month.

Yes. I got an email to pick a preferred date in September. Any ideas/tips as to what to expect and how to prepare for the visit?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
slydog:
I've been invited for an induction in Port Harcourt. Pls what is expected of us?
none can tell but when it's your date
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
kennyenny:
Yes! I was invited too. At Lagos on 18th this month. Kindly update for more info
Kenny mine is 24 Abuja. Yours will be before mine so we need to partner on this so that we can all scale through it by Gods grace.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by slydog(m): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
ufo4u:
none can tell but when it's your date
Yesterday
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
slydog:

Yesterday
I don't understand, do you mean you have done your induction already?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
slydog:

Yesterday
sorry I don't get you, do you mean you have done your induction already?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by slydog(m): 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
ufo4u:
sorry I don't get you, do you mean you have done your induction already?

Yes sir
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
slydog:

Yes sir
please share your experience so we can learn and help each other
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by slydog(m): 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
ufo4u:
please share your experience so we can learn and help each other

Nothing much, just an interview of ur existing business, then u go for the formal introduction on what the whole scheme is all about. Afterwards, we were told by the end of the month we'd start getting mails for online study to earn some points to qualify to apply. The study is business related, plan writing etc
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kennyenny: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kennyenny: 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
Nothing much. They will ask you for sales, expenses, how many employees, how many permanent and temporary, how much you ate paying them. They will like to know how long you have been in the business and they want to know your activities in the last six or twelve months. It's very important you understand the kind of grant you want: Equity, Matching or performance. Wishing best!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
kennyenny:
Nothing much. They will ask you for sales, expenses, how many employees, how many permanent and temporary, how much you ate paying them. They will like to know how long you have been in the business and they want to know your activities in the last six or twelve months. It's very important you understand the kind of grant you want: Equity, Matching or performance. Wishing best!
thanks alot. Do you need to carry any document
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
slydog:

Nothing much, just an interview of ur existing business, then u go for the formal introduction on what the whole scheme is all about. Afterwards, we were told by the end of the month we'd start getting mails for online study to earn some points to qualify to apply. The study is business related, plan writing etc
thanks alot it's quite insightful
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:23am On Aug 17, 2016
vivixander:

Yes. I got an email to pick a preferred date in September. Any ideas/tips as to what to expect and how to prepare for the visit?
I guess it's just to see how far youv gone, matching what's on ground with what has been spent in line with the business plan.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by columbushenry(m): 8:55am On Aug 17, 2016
I am yet to get any email invite but yet I got sms alerts can anyone help share how the mail invites looks like?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Rhard: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
check ur spam mine was hidden inside there.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
Fellow entrepreneurs. I noticed almost everybody prefer to meet Chilaka on one of the last days in September, what exactly is the matter? Most of us are battling with inflation, I guess. Good luck to everyone.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
fatiaforreal:
Fellow entrepreneurs. I noticed almost everybody prefer to meet Chilaka on one of the last days in September, what exactly is the matter? Most of us are battling with inflation, I guess. Good luck to everyone.

I doubt if she'll be the one conducting all the monitoring visits. I chose the beginning of the month myself. I figured enough progress has been made to satisfy GEM. If not, they can tell me what needs to be done.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
vivixander:

I doubt if she'll be the one conducting all the monitoring visits. I chose the beginning of the month myself. I figured enough progress has been made to satisfy GEM. If not, they can tell me what needs to be done.
Good point.
I felt I could finish all I planned doing before the visit and possibly trigger the 2nd tranche. I've exhausted the first tranche in addition to personal funds.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by shafanik: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hi guys,
Please, is there awardee here who is into cassava processing or any form of agro processing?
Please kindly provide answers to these question:
During the course of your training/ evaluation of your biz, did they visit to physically see your biz?
Thanks.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kennyenny: 2:11am On Aug 24, 2016
Okay
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kennyenny: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2016
Well Drilling!!! Borehole Drilling!!!

Any Awardees that needs Good and Long lasting water well or borehole or renovation should contacts: TIK Fountain Nigeria Enterprises on 08061388724.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kennyenny: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
Any information about outcome of induction
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2016
Monitoring postponed, did you guys get the email?
Im seriously battling with managing the funds, added all my personal fund and its not still close, will keep managing anyway. can we request for more funds?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
kennyenny:
your tips are helpful. Did mine last week Friday. The email for the next step should be out any time soon. Thanks
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
thefunclubenterprise:
Monitoring postponed, did you guys get the email?
Im seriously battling with managing the funds, added all my personal fund and its not still close, will keep managing anyway. can we request for more funds?
It's really tough but success is a must because we can't get a help near this anywhere in this country today.
I've spent 800k in addition to my first tranche but still need a million naira to commence operation. The inflation has not helped but I pray we all find a way to make this a success.
Lastly, I don't know why the inspection was postponed, I don't think that will help anybody in the long run. The earlier we round up the programme the better and more effective it is. All the best fellow entrepreneur.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
fatiaforreal:

It's really tough but success is a must because we can't get a help near this anywhere in this country today.
I've spent 800k in addition to my first tranche but still need a million naira to commence operation. The inflation has not helped but I pray we all find a way to make this a success.
Lastly, I don't know why the inspection was postponed, I don't think that will help anybody in the long run. The earlier we round up the programme the better and more effective it is. All the best fellow entrepreneur.

My understanding is that they were waiting for clearance from the bank. After which there will be some form of training for the monitors and then the visits will commence. I hear you on skyrocketing costs. The price of cement rose by almost a hundred percent this week and my building is not yet complete. God dey!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 11:39am On Sep 01, 2016
vivixander:

My understanding is that they were waiting for clearance from the bank. After which there will be some form of training for the monitors and then the visits will commence. I hear you on skyrocketing costs. The price of cement rose by almost a hundred percent this week and my building is not yet complete. God dey!
Honestly, those of us embarking on capital projects have suffered the most. Right before my eyes, the price of my major equipment has more than doubled. I had to make a drastic move, buying the equipment before the place to install it was ready. I'm yet to roof the place talkless of installation. However, my morale remains high. Thanks for that info
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by charlyy: 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
Are you a sme and you need space for factory In Sango otta area,with borehole and functional 10kva generator?or do you need empty land to rent for a short period of time,kindly call 07030136371 I have something for you.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Highest01: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello GEM grants awardee.. I will like to ask if you guy made a presentation of your business plan before the grants were given to you. And in what formats did you submit your business plan online..is it PDF? Thanks
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 7:39am On Sep 08, 2016
Highest01:
Hello GEM grants awardee.. I will like to ask if you guy made a presentation of your business plan before the grants were given to you. And in what formats did you submit your business plan online..is it PDF? Thanks

No we didn't do a presentation, but it might not be so with the new sets, they may face a very strict selection process as many people will be involved unlike ours.

Business plan was submitted via their website, a format of questions are given, and you answer that's all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System? / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Woman Slaps Man At UBA ATM In Port-Harcourt, Tears His Shirt And Singlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.