Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (73049 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by chudi26(m): 2:45am On Dec 18, 2016
pls i need ur response on this an entrepreneurship institute known as Naee for Neep trained us in preparation for a world bank grant for one month after which we are to proceed to the next face which is empowerment face along the line on 16th being friday we were issued this BIG GEM form to fill nd submit so that dey can enter our details to the internet.which we filled later i discovered that the said form we filled has been on for long nd people have been accesing the portal which the portal was closed on the 15th being thursday. right now i dont know if the portal will be reopen again nd wat will be our fate or will there be 2nd batch nxt yr we are 900 in total nd we paid 6500 each for matriculation textbook certificate nd convocation
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nairasolutions: 6:13am On Dec 18, 2016
The gem I know is done through www.bigportal.org.ng it has been open for a long time now,but it ended Dec 15
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kennyenny: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chudi, If the program collect money as you claimed, it is a big scam!!!.

GEM have warned that all application is free and no one should pay for registration.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by shafanik: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
GEM have started sending congratulatory messages to the selected new inductees.
Please check your mail.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by chudi26(m): 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
the Thing is that we have not been registered online and the coordinator is saying by next yr the portal will be reopen
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:45am On Dec 26, 2016
Why the long silence from GEM. My brothers and sisters, how are we coping without the second tranche?
Wish you all well in your business endeavours
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
The silence is killing. When you have a challenge and find someone from GEM to guide you on the best way to go even without second tranche is something. It's painful everyone just switched off. With the inflation that ambushed the first tranche, and the recession that has persisted(though, there's high hope for 2017, from the efforts of the government), I hope by the time GEM chooses to return, they will meet all firms alive.
I need a loan of about a million to finish my project and commence operations. Then, I won't bother about second tranche but I'm not lucky with my effort in that direction.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2017
My dear same thing I faced o, was looking for a loan or investor too, but at a point I was advised to go on without a loan or an investor. WAS lucky enough to get some money from a previous debtor.

Nigeria doesn't know how to keep good schemes Alive. May God help all of us o, because most days I'm frustrated to just stop all operations till the second tranche comes
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
Some of us have no choice but to soldier on. The determination is beyond the programme's challenges. I've seen your place somewhere online, so it's impossible to give up at such stage. I'm a just a little bit unlucky. If I get the roofing done, then I'll whether the storm. I still wonder what GEM would meet on ground with respect to firm paying high rent that need time to stabilize with the second tranche and or support of the monitoring.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ThundrCork(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
shafanik:
GEM have started sending congratulatory messages to the selected new inductees.

Please check your mail.

Are they sending the messages in batches? Does it include those that underwent induction in Nov 2016?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:14am On Jan 03, 2017
fatiaforreal:
Some of us have no choice but to soldier on. The determination is beyond the programme's challenges. I've seen your place somewhere online, so it's impossible to give up at such stage. I'm a just a little bit unlucky. If I get the roofing done, then I'll whether the storm. I still wonder what GEM would meet on ground with respect to firm paying high rent that need time to stabilize with the second tranche and or support of the monitoring.

Yes, we must soldier on, wish you good luck in your endeavours. Have you tried contacting them before?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2017
Thanks.
I've tried through the normal channel, email, phonecall without response.
Happy new year.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2017
Grantees in Abuja, pls, what did GEM discuss with you guys as sated in the latest mail?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Did you receive the email with deadline COB tomorrow, Feb 28 for submission of documents meant for the portal? If not, check your mailbox
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
People will be caught off guard, but they've been sending messages on this.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Those accompanying documents are what I'm not sure of.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
I have a feeling that this exercise is just to string us along and stop all the status emails. The email address to send this to is Ms Chilaka's office email. Can you imagine the number of emails and documents that she'll have in her inbox by the COB tomorrow?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
Guys, how is the inspection going after reporting?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2017
Has anyone been contacted by their monitor? What did you discuss?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Adulphus(m): 9:02am On Mar 27, 2017
GEM has went AWOL
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2017
vivixander:
Has anyone been contacted by their monitor? What did you discuss?

Expecting mine today, will update the house by the end of the day
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
There's no house here to update. This is the most boring group I've ever seen, they like to be quiet, so pls let's leave the thread quiet.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
thefunclubenterprise:

Expecting mine today, will update the house by the end of the day

How was the visit? Did he/she show up? Please update as we are still here. At least, I'm here grin. Thanks.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by mkmyers45(m): 10:56am On Mar 29, 2017
Has anyone been visited?

A friend has and it went well even though he fumbled some questions wink wink
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Inspection is not a question and answer session perse. It is about 1) who are those still on ground because 2) what is on ground, and 3) what should be on ground.
Whatever disparity between 2) and 3) constitutes the discussion. Every inspector will come and act as if everything has been normal, no inflation etc, ofcourse they're professional and reasonable. You must justify the first tranche with all honesty, but if you have any reason to play pranks, you're in for some trouble. Remember an inspector may not argue with you on any issue, her report to GEM on your project does it all.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
The visit was rescheduled to today, it's quite easy if you have been doing considerably well.
She asked questions about my product, asked for samples, then next asked me for my grant memo which I brought out, she was snapping most of these items.
She then asked me to call all six staffs and excused me, she interviewed them one after the other, asking about pay, work conditions, etc.
I returned back, and we went over the milestones, and every thing I submitted in the email we sent to the KPMG staff. Asked for evidence of how I have spent the grant, statement of account to show I have used it all, asked if I have added funds of my own, proof of such funds, then she snapped receipts, when through my sales records, inspected the machines, asked for any challenges and the likes.
She finally said she was very impressed, and told me most places she has visited haven't even started operations. Asked how I was managing to pay staffs promptly, I told her how hard things have been, we discussed generally and she left.

Just prepare all your records down, it's basically a them trying to see how u have used the money, met your milestones, and test how you have matched recent reality with your idea.

Let's hope they pay the second tranche soon, when I asked she said that's not for her to say
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 12:41am On Mar 30, 2017
thefunclubenterprise:
The visit was rescheduled to today, it's quite easy if you have been doing considerably well.
She asked questions about my product, asked for samples, then next asked me for my grant memo which I brought out, she was snapping most of these items.
She then asked me to call all six staffs and excused me, she interviewed them one after the other, asking about pay, work conditions, etc.
I returned back, and we went over the milestones, and every thing I submitted in the email we sent to the KPMG staff. Asked for evidence of how I have spent the grant, statement of account to show I have used it all, asked if I have added funds of my own, proof of such funds, then she snapped receipts, when through my sales records, inspected the machines, asked for any challenges and the likes.
She finally said she was very impressed, and told me most places she has visited haven't even started operations. Asked how I was managing to pay staffs promptly, I told her how hard things have been, we discussed generally and she left.

Just prepare all your records down, it's basically a them trying to see how u have used the money, met your milestones, and test how you have matched recent reality with your idea.

Let's hope they pay the second tranche soon, when I asked she said that's not for her to say

Thank you for your detailed account.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
Is any fellow grantee into pure water sachet production? Where are you located and how much?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is the kind of interaction this group deserves, When we're not people who relocated to South Africa after first tranche. Some monitors will have to chase their grantees abroad to have their assessments grin

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pls, does anyone know a good finance house? I need just 1 million naira to go. Building, fence, equipment, generator already in place. Even my inspector was astonished by what's on ground and yet we've not commenced operations.
Secondly, is there any way GEM can intervene? Banks are not geared for that and MFB are no go area if you don't want to risk jumping into the lagoon.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
Please, I have a question to ask you guys who have been inducted into the GEM program already. I got a mail that said I have been invited to attend an induction in Port Harcort on the 8th of April 2017. But I also got a text message from them that said I have been invited for an induction that will span from 3rd of April to 8th. Does this mean that the induction will be for six days or are we in batches and mine is only on the 8th? I live in Benin and I have to make adequate arrangement before traveling. I need to know if it is a one day affair or six days like the text seemed to suggest. I have written them for clarification but I have got no response from them.
Please, the following people I need your answers:
slydog
rhard
kennyenny
mayol
kukoki
neksummi
ufo4u

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by femzo(m): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
It would last for six days for your zone but the induction is assigned for just a day, so yours is on the 8th which is the last day for your zone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System? / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Woman Slaps Man At UBA ATM In Port-Harcourt, Tears His Shirt And Singlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.