Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (73032 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:06pm On May 27, 2016
batero:
MAY GOD HELP US. I FEEL SME SHOULD BE A PRIORITY AREA. LETS KEEP PRAYING
I've gone through it. The closest thing to GEM Programme is in the Social Intervention Programme, called the Enterprise Programme which is for Teachers, Traders and Artisans. I didn't see anything like GEM accelerated window.
It seems, and I hope the other guy who said GEM had nothing to do with the budget was right. However, the dearth of information from GEM, BIG, PwC, and Banks is something worrisome. We continue to pray all is well.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 12:09am On May 29, 2016
A positive: World Bank concluded the training of Consultants that would be deployed for participants of the GEM project. This was reported on 26/04/16 by SMEdigest.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 5:08pm On May 29, 2016
YES Program has commenced, some have just received their first stage notification mail.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 9:26am On May 30, 2016
Please is there any YES-P Awardee here?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Adulphus(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2016
kukoki:
Please is there any YES-P Awardee here?
Yes. I am
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 9:47pm On May 30, 2016
Adulphus:

Yes. I am
Pardon me pls.
Is it right and permissible to be in two or more government programmed aimed at stimulating the economy through entrepreneurship, and having a consideration for others?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Adulphus(m): 11:31pm On May 30, 2016
fatiaforreal:

Pardon me pls.
Is it right and permissible to be in two or more government programmed aimed at stimulating the economy through entrepreneurship, and having a consideration for others?

Yes except the Programme says otherwise!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 4:03pm On May 31, 2016
Pls. Let's share any update on the program or we create a watsapp group
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:39pm On May 31, 2016
It is not the number of groups we form that matters but the willingness of members to source and volunteer information that matters. With an average of one dry post per week, this thread is very dry with too few contributors.
Furthermore, information on our Programme right now, is very scarce. Not even google can give you any info later than April. It's disappointing.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by batero: 5:47pm On May 31, 2016
fatiaforreal:
It is not the number of groups we form that matters but the willingness of members to source and volunteer information that matters. With an average of one dry post per week, this thread is very dry with too few contributors.
Furthermore, information on our Programme right now, is very scarce. Not even google can give you any info later than April. It's disappointing.
QUITE DISTURBING!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 10:44am On Jun 01, 2016
It will not be on the naira land forum, on watsapp.
And the information concerning gem is more shared on whattsap too.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
kukoki:
Good. Give us the latest on whatsapp. Perhaps that will encourage some of us to join, everyone wants a lively group. Duplicating unlively group is what I want to avoid. Who's coordinating it?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
Go ahead and coordinate.
They just sent a mail to me addressing some body not me, and the content of the text is the same as the one I received on 28 may, for that I replied back to them and laid the complain and the responded now with my correct name.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
I told others on Youwin Facebook page, that we should create the group. I think you should go ahead pls
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
I told others on Youwin Facebook page, that we should create the group. I think you should go ahead pls, I will post them the number
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
kukoki:
I told others on Youwin Facebook page, that we should create the group. I think you should go ahead pls, I will post them the number
1) thanks for the honour, but I'm sorry to decline. It's your idea, pls carry on. I will like to join since others from FB will be joining.
2) what mail did you get on May 28? I didn't get any mail or text.
Thanks brother.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
Has anyone called this week?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by batero: 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
kukoki:
IN MY OWN CASE,I HAVE NOT BEEN ON WHAT APP SINCE JANUARY THIS YEAR. I KNOW OTHERS MAY BE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION. LETS ALSO SHARE HEAR PLEASE. WHATS THE CONTENT OF YOUR MAIL? THANKS!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by kukoki: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
It's not GEM mail, but YES-P mail
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thefunclubenterprise(m): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2016
Just received an email from GEM, apologising for delay and stating payment will be made soon, with a format for providing quarterly report.

Let's start finalising our plans so that all that's left will be funding. Me I'm going to find office space and price machineries today.

Cheers everyone
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
Finally, a comforting mail from GEM, acknowledging the delay, and a promise to disburse the first tranche 'VERY SOON'. smiley wink
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
I am not dancing with joy at the promises of disbursement. We need actual disbursement. I hope this doesn't turn into another Youwin3. I wouldn't advise any capital investment with personal funds or IOUs till the money hits the accounts. Learn from the experiences of youwin3 awardees.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
vivixander:
I am not dancing with joy at the promises of disbursement. We need actual disbursement. I hope this doesn't turn into another Youwin3. I wouldn't advise any capital investment with personal funds or IOUs till the money hits the accounts. Learn from the experiences of youwin3 awardees.
Hmmmm! Food for thought.
This should be an improvement on youwin. I pray we surpass youwin and may our experience with disbursement be different from youwin. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by batero: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
fatiaforreal:

Hmmmm! Food for thought.
This should be an improvement on youwin. I pray we surpass youwin and may our experience with disbursement be different from youwin. Amen.
. MAY THERE BE A REAL TIME DIFFERENCE WITH GEM
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jochukcy03(m): 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
TO GEM GRANTEEs ONLY
Is there Any kaduna based Gem grantee here ?
pls make time for a brief meeting on Sunday(12th June 2016 (1 week from today) pls Be @ GAMJI Gate, 4pm...please pass this message round...also note that the time for the meeting is subject to change, so stay connected within the week..
those outside kaduna but will want to benefit from the meetin, can hook up to d whatzapp group, as mins of the meetin will b posted there.. If you want to join the WhatsApp group, pls PM Mr Smith (08035140678),
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jochukcy03(m): 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
TO THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED

TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP

This July, the Federal Government will set the stage for the unveiling of "50 most innovative startups" in Nigeria, at the first ever Aso Villa Demo Day.

President Muhammadu Buhari will host the brightest startups from across the country as they pitch to a wide range of investors and decision-makers in the public and private sector.

Aso Villa Demo Day is aimed at promoting entrepreneurship, innovation, job creation and economic growth through the use of new and emerging technologies. This event will celebrate some of the best Nigerians in technology innovation and creativity and also feature inspiring talks from thought leaders and experts from different economic sectors in Nigeria.

AVDD2016 

LAGOS-THE PITCH

The event will open up in Lagos on the 23rd of June with a pre-selection process called ‘The Pitch’ where over 100 start-up entrepreneurs will be given a platform to pitch their ideas before a panel of judges.
Interested startups exploring innovative ideas in the areas of Government social investments, Ease of doing business, Agriculture, Housing, Healthcare, Transportation etc are eligible to register for the event.
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016
Venue: Landmark Event Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos
Time: 9.00 am – 4pm

ABUJA-UNVEILING

The 50 finalists chosen from the pitch event in Lagos will then proceed to Abuja where they will have the opportunity to exhibit their ideas before investors and sponsors at the main event.

Date: Thursday, July 28, 2016
Venue: State House Conference center, Abuja.
Time: 9.00 am – 4pm

SCHEDULE

AVDD2016 will give 100 startups the stage to pitch their ideas before a dedicated panel of Judges, Investors and Sponsors

THE PITCH | Thursday, June 23rd | Landmark Event Center, Lagos.

THE UNVEILING | Thursday, July 28th | State House Conference Center, Abuja.

If you want to pitch your biz idea or just to attend the event, please visit the link,
http://avdd.gov.ng/
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by JulianaOnwumer(f): 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hello House,
I have just received a mail to update my account from GT Bank. The mail says: Kindly state the particular branch your company was registered. Did any one receive such mail.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
JulianaOnwumer:
Hello House,
I have just received a mail to update my account from GT Bank. The mail says: Kindly state the particular branch your company was registered. Did any one receive such mail.
It can't be for everybody.
It's an indication they're getting ready to disburse
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by eetua: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
JulianaOnwumer:
Hello House,
Got the mail too.. The urgency as indicated in the mail is one good sign that disbursement may happen soon...
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by jochukcy03(m): 6:36am On Jun 07, 2016
got, mine, though a monthy transaction statement. this tim Arround, detailed and in a password protected PDF attachment lols. ACCESS bank.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by batero: 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
eetua:

Got the mail too.. The urgency as indicated in the mail is one good sign that disbursement may happen soon...
HOPE YOU HAVE GONE TO MAKE THE UPDATE?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by eetua: 11:29am On Jun 12, 2016
batero:
HOPE YOU HAVE GONE TO MAKE THE UPDATE?

Yep.... Done that already...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System? / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days / Woman Slaps Man At UBA ATM In Port-Harcourt, Tears His Shirt And Singlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.