Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London (37104 Views)

James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) / James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court In His Jewish Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
Kompressor:

I understand you would rather have someone steal 100% and do nothing while your community remains backwards. There is not one governor in this country free from corrupt practices in this country. All we ask is to feel the impact of good governance. Have you asked yourself where all the so-called recovered funds from corrupt officials have been kept?

firstly, i really dnt c what it is dt ibori did 2 be lauded as d saviour of delta...secondly, there is no politician who hasn't touched d life of at least 1 citizen positively, so u can c dt there's always going 2 be people clamouring 4 said politician, even when it is clear dt he\she is wrong...d best option is 2 denounce all guilty leaders else each n every one of them would just continue the looting cycle
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
badman007:

We Nigerians are so funny. I know you need to be enlightened, but I honestly don't know where to start. Our President confirmed to the world that YOU GUYS are criminals. I bet you saw the kind of backlash he got. I thought the backlash was very funny because you guys constantly do the same by Putting our country down.

... Perhaps you think they are not corrupt as well right?

If there is any justice in the world, George Bush should spend the rest of his life in prison for his crimes in the middle east but where is he? Get this into your head, there is corruption everywhere in the world, the difference here is that Ibori worked for his people, he delivered on his promises but then Nigeria let him down.

Europe was built partly on the sweat of black African slaves, was that fair? Do you get the picture?

No, nt really. what point r u trying 2 make exactly?

'Now imagine what would happen if an American or Russian former governor was arrested in Nigeria or anywhere in the world.'
how exactly does d above matter

1 Like

Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
franugo:

No, nt really. what point r u trying 2 make exactly?

'Now imagine what would happen if an American or Russian former governor was arrested in Nigeria or anywhere in the world.'
how exactly does d above matter

Paddy you see you have a big problem? You can't read between the lines. I have to explain every little thing to you... A wise man once told me not to argue with fools because people from a distance can't tell who is who.

Perhaps if you had tried to answer that question, you would see where our country has failed. Learn to do things for yourself, don't wait for God or other people to help you.

If you still don't get my drift then your matter Na home problem. Call your aunty and beg her to release you.
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
badman007:

Paddy you see you have a big problem? You can't read between the lines. I have to explain every little thing to you... A wise man once told me not to argue with fools because people from a distance can't tell who is who.

Perhaps if you had tried to answer that question, you would see where our country has failed. Learn to do things for yourself, don't wait for God or other people to help you.

If you still don't get my drift then your matter Na home problem. Call your aunty and beg her to release you.

ooh i didn't know we were playing a puzzle game...if u want 2 talk, then go straight 2 d point, how do u expect me 2 understand whats in ur mind? btw, i don't depend on god 4 anything, am hardly a religious person...naija has failed because of people like ibori, obj etc, so i dont get y u r supporting ibori sinx u seem like a sensible person{even if its just barely}
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by dickoflife(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
so u sabi book reach dis level? anyway i am not a lawyer but thanks for educating me i will remember in future when i want to steal my share of the national cake.
greenpasture:

I do cross-border law and can tell you authoritatively that Nigeria paid nothing upfront. All that the Crown requires is is pre-trial agreement by Nigeria regarding its costs being recouped during forfeiture. A useful guide to the entire process can be found here http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/proceeds_of_crime_act_guidance/ and here http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/costs/

The Ibori "team" does not understand that you cannot embarrass the Crown Prosecution Service, they are like hunting dogs; relentless. They won't stop until they have recovered every penny. However, who pays for the expense of such an exercise? Should it be the UK taxpayer or the country in which the crime has been committed and which is seeking to recover and repatriate stolen funds? I believe the answer is obvious. Nigeria has the same agreements now with the UAE, U.S, Germany and Switzerland, Turkey and numerous countries. The Ibori team should squarely face the confiscation proceedings and avoid shadow boxing itself.
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by badman007(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
franugo:

ooh i didn't know we were playing a puzzle game...if u want 2 talk, then go straight 2 d point, how do u expect me 2 understand whats in ur mind? btw, i don't depend on god 4 anything, am hardly a religious person...naija has failed because of people like ibori, obj etc, so i dont get y u r supporting ibori sinx u seem like a sensible person{even if its just barely}

Barely is good enough for me, thank you very much! Lol. I just feel it would have been a lot better if he was tried in our country where his alleged crime was committed. Perhaps the Benchmark with which he was tried and arrested would have been used on the likes of OBJ, Still, Lucky Igbinedion, Orji uzor Kalu and all the other thieves.

My point is that Ibori worked for his people. If that's the sort of corruption everywhere else in Naija, you and I would have been happy for it. He took bribe from I think vmobile to develop my state, in my opinion, that's by far better than the invasion of the middle east by the united states..

Pls don't ask me how that relates to what we are talking about.
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
badman007:

Barely is good enough for me, thank you very much! Lol. I just feel it would have been a lot better if he was tried in our country where his alleged crime was committed. Perhaps the Benchmark with which he was tried and arrested would have been used on the likes of OBJ, Still, Lucky Igbinedion, Orji uzor Kalu and all the other thieves.

My point is that Ibori worked for his people. If that's the sort of corruption everywhere else in Naija, you and I would have been happy for it. He took bribe from I think vmobile to develop my state, in my opinion, that's by far better than the invasion of the middle east by the united states..

Okay, u have agreed dt d man is corrupt, yet u n ur folks are painting him as a state hero bro, what u should understand is dt there'll always be some persons out there who'll vouch 4 these politicians, whether na bribe o or d politician actually did some good works in his area. so by ur logic, in such rare cases when such politicians have been found guilty {very rare indeed}, they should be let go because they did a little good abi? or because there are more corrupt politicians?? this ur way would jux enable d politicians 2 eat our collective funds, clean hands by doing one good work or d other and leave 4 d next politician 2 do d same, basically its nt a good solution 2 our problem, rather it adds to our burdens....btw, i have looked n looked n have not seen d great things ibori did 2 be labelled a hero.
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 7:14am On Feb 13, 2016
badman007:

See what i mean below:

truetalknow:
NONSENSE. OBJ IS STILL BETTER THAN THOSE HYPOCRITEs

i quoted this guy 4rm a topic dt is in fp, u can c dt d guy is to obj what u r 2 ibori which means dt he would probably condemn all attempts 2 prosecute obj like u r doing with ibori even when both are so very clearly corrupt. if na pple like una full nigeria, then we are NEVER going 2 develop past this abysmal state we are in now, capische
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by truetalknow: 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
WHAT NONSENSE, YOU DON'T NEED INSULT OK.NON OF THOSE BLAMING OTHERS ARE INNOCENT, SO THOSE OTHER CORRUPT PEOPLE SHOULD STOP TRYING TO DIVERT ATTENTION. THIS IS MY POINT DUDU.
franugo:

See what i mean below:

i quoted this guy 4rm a topic dt is in fp, u can c dt d guy is to obj what u r 2 ibori which means dt he would probably condemn all attempts 2 prosecute obj like u r doing with ibori even when both are so very clearly corrupt. if na pple like una full nigeria, then we are NEVER going 2 develop past this abysmal state we are in now, capische
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by franugo(m): 10:26am On Feb 16, 2016
truetalknow:
WHAT NONSENSE, YOU DON'T NEED INSULT OK.NON OF THOSE BLAMING OTHERS ARE INNOCENT, SO THOSE OTHER CORRUPT PEOPLE SHOULD STOP TRYING TO DIVERT ATTENTION. THIS IS MY POINT DUDU.

insult ke bro u should go bk n read my comment, i no insult u...that they r nt as innocent as they'd have us believe is no reason 2 support another who is so very clearly corrupt, infact, right now, mefeels dt obj is d most corrupt of all politicians in this democratic era
#toeachhisownanyways
Re: James Ibori’s Lawyers Shock Southwark Court In London by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:43am On Feb 16, 2016
badman007:

You need to stop doing Cocaine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) / Ekiti Shooting; How I Almost Killed My Family With AK-47, Policeman Reveals. PIC / Nneoma Nkechi And Rochas Okorocha's Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.