Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes (49246 Views)

Ikpeazu Delivers 'Made-In-Aba' Shoes To Obasanjo (Photos) / Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) / Ikpeazu Presents Made-In-Aba Shoes To Enelamah (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by ewizard1: 9:20am On Feb 15, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,

But where do our brothers source their leather materials from or do we now produce processed leathers?

Just curious. cool
I think the question should be where is quality leather gotten from.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2016
Not as good as made in Italy though...but we understand...I appreciate your effort
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Liberty90: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Am isoko from Delta state o. Am just curious. undecided

lol...yoruba
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Hotstew(m): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
I wanna see him wearing them out. Not buying them, snapping them and dashing his gateman afterwards. Charade time is up.

Even if he gives them out or throw them away, by patronizing the makers, he has helped their business and put money unlike you and your foreign-made shoes, jacket, blouse, weave and even lipstick sef!!!!! Patronize NIGERIAN FOR GOD SAKE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by guji(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Nigerians, we have fashion for every thing foriegn, it comes in ( okrika, gonjo,gumama,fairly use etc.) we need to change. Am a Nigerian and proud of made in Nigeria goods.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Stanbeto: 9:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Keep it up the Common Sence Senator. That is the Spirit
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NobleAngell(f): 9:27am On Feb 15, 2016
Hotstew:

Even if he gives them out or throw them away, by patronizing the makers, he has helped their business and put money unlike you and your foreign-made shoes, jacket, blouse, weave and even lipstick sef!!!!! Patronize NIGERIAN FOR GOD SAKE!!!
Its hypocrites like u that ruin the country. So he should just buy it to please gullible people like you even if he ends up throwing it away. U are pathetic. Thanks by the way for the compliment on my outfit and hairdo.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Masterclass32: 9:29am On Feb 15, 2016
This man common sense too much. Welldone, Mr Senator. Keep up the goodwork.
God bless Aba.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by dwen: 9:30am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Senator Bruce, enough of this publicity stunt, I'm wondering when you became a stunt man. Your constituency need you to deliver, not buy shoes from Aba and show the internet.

that is the common sense he is talking about. he needs to promote these product for the world to see and buy Nigeria make. you can see now that you lack common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by ilyas26(m): 9:30am On Feb 15, 2016
Propaganda senator
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2016
nice one.
Aba people dey try, my problem with them is they keep putting foreign names/tags on their products. I know what it took me to convince my tailor to stop putting TM, D & G...etc on my shirts.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by alexlee50: 9:34am On Feb 15, 2016
The common sense senator has done it again.Ben Bruce for president come 2019

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Wolfbrother(m): 9:35am On Feb 15, 2016
in order for things like this to move , we need naija babes to conform and start accepting these as gifts and stop shunning guys wearing things like this also the ma manufacturers need to invest in brand management and pr if not they will forever remain known as made in aba

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by 123papas(m): 9:36am On Feb 15, 2016
Going to Aba during Easter. Would get some for myself too
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by pasol4real(m): 9:36am On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
I wanna see him wearing them out. Not buying them, snapping them and dashing his gateman afterwards. Charade time is up.
Sharap My friend u dis Thomas .
Blessed are those that do not see but believe .
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by miki70: 9:39am On Feb 15, 2016
henryanna36:
Read more. http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/sent-ben-flaunts-shoes-he-bought-at.html
I am using made in Nigeria shoes it good for our roads (ruggedy tiwa n tiwa) nawa own ooo make we use am.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by jaymichael(m): 9:39am On Feb 15, 2016
This is one area I totally agree with Sen. Bruce. #Support made in Nigeria #buy made in Nigeria #Support Nigeria's growing economy.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by omooba969(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2016
ewizard1:

I think the question should be where is quality leather gotten from.

Obviously it's not procured in Nigeria & the issue of quality is another subject entirely, so that brings us back to my question.

Where do our brothers source the leather materials from?

10x
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by MrEverest(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2016
heniford:
Aba its good in shoe making cloth making even construction Enger and so many things. This people are good very!!very!! I mean good sewed a suit in aba damm it was awesome pls buy things from aba.
Fact! While I was in the university, during our final year seminar defence, as tradition demands, we had to be on corporate outfit. As an Aba boy, I went to a place called Ube, its close to kent, off Azikiwe road. I bargained with him & we bought tesil material & he took my measurement, everything cost less than 10,000 naira but lo & behold on the day of seminar, I stood out, it was body fitting & so fine, my friend whose elder sister sent his from London even became envious of mine & through me the tailor got some other customers! Aba is good when it comes to textile/clothing, shoes, bags, leather works & other crafts at cheap prices. FG really need to support them for the good of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Masterclass32: 9:44am On Feb 15, 2016
pasol4real:

Sharap My friend u dis Thomas .
Blessed are those that do not see but believe .

Hehe, this is good: "Blessed are those that do not see but believe".

Don't mind people that cannot carve toothpick and are still hating on another's good job.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by puuleeese: 9:47am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Is Buhari's wife an elected senator? Is Buhari's wife representing a community? Is Buhari's wife a public office holder?

And here you speak of slave mentality when you have no mentality at all.

Buhari's wife is a public figure. She influence the masses by what she does. Flaunting her Cartier watch is an influence so is Ben Bruce 'stunt' an influence too.
It's you that have no mentality.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by omooba969(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
Its hypocrites like u that ruin the country. So he should just buy it to please gullible people like you even if he ends up throwing it away. U are pathetic. Thanks by the way for the compliment on my outfit and hairdo.

Do u av a bf, if yes, he must be very tolerant. cool
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by omooba969(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2016
puuleeese:

Buhari's wife is a public figure. She influence the masses by what she does. Flaunting her Cartier watch is an influence so is Ben Bruce 'stunt' an influence too.

Please, kindly reference the Cartier claim or remain silent 4eva...abeg. undecided
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2016
Donliv:
tongue You really need common sense
A look at my posts and yours will make even a fool know you're the one in need to serious common sense.

ZUBY77:

What else is the job of a senator if not to create positive awareness?
I believe you want to believe positive awareness will better the lives of the people in his constituency right?

dwen:
that is the common sense he is talking about. he needs to promote these product for the world to see and buy Nigeria make. you can see now that you lack common sense.
And how will that help develop his constituency? Is it his job to promote made in Nigeria products? Or is that why he was voted into office? To promote made in Aba shoes?

Truly, common sense is not common.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 10:02am On Feb 15, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

WISDOM IS ALL YOU NEED BRO??
And so far, that which I need has thus eluded you. Isn't it a shame. tongue

puuleeese:

Oh I see. Just like Patience Jonathan, Mariam Abacha, Stella Obasanjo and the others influenced the masses by what they did right?

How many nigeerians can afford a cartier watch? Before Ben Bruce ever decided to buy made in Aba shoes, so many people know made in Aba shoe, so what on earth are you saying Mr no mentality?
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by anonimi: 10:10am On Feb 15, 2016
skelewu404:
This guy seems to be living on social media

No.
He is not.
Be INFORMED to avoid embarrassment.
Cheers.

Sammyashol:
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed yesterday openly disowned the N398 million being part of the budget estimates by his ministry meant for the purchase of computers.
A member of the committee, Senator Ben Murray Bruce had also expressed misgivings about the fact that little or no attention was paid to the core functions of the ministry and parastatals under it at a crucial time when Nigeria was at war in the North East.

“I want to ask passionately that they (Ministry/ parastatals) re-submit their budget, taking care of the North East.

because people are dying. This is not the question of spending more recklessly, I appeal that the budget be resubmitted, taking care of their needs in the North East; it is very important”, Bruce said.

Recalling that during the Civil War, radio was a very effective way of communicating with the public, the Senator added that this should also be employed in the war in the North East.

He said. “It would have made more sense for the information budget of the Army to be given to the Ministry of Information to equip these stations manned by NTA and FRCN used by the military as a source of communication.

“For instance, if there is going to be an air raid in a particular area, we can warn the citizens to stay off that particular area. The media can be used like when Buhari did in 1983 for War against Indiscipline, War Against Corruption, so National Orientation should use the medium that we have.

“NTA is a phenomenal network, it has more assets than any station in the whole of Africa today, NTA must be worth 400 million dollars in the open market today.”

Bruce noted that Nigeria is in a state of war as such it was important that national orientation should be in the fore front, followed by NTA and FRCN to be led by the Minister working with the military to guarantee that innocent lives are not lost.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/500128/lai-mohammed-disowns-ministrys-n398m-votes-computers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by justmenoni: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2016
Remember it's made in aba ;Dmy expectations would be same as for Primark( chai does ones can sell fake,infact them suppose partner with made in aba lol)

quote author=kettykin post=42930425]The shoes look great but more work is needed on the quality assurance and finishing [/quote]
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by anonimi: 10:15am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Is Buhari's wife an elected senator? Is Buhari's wife representing a community? Is Buhari's wife a public office holder?

And here you speak of slave mentality when you have no mentality at all.

Yes Aisha Buhari is a public office holder- Office of the Presdent's Wife aka First Lady's Office

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2643548_img20150718154741_jpeg0964675e67e3a2107c59222557f17961

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2561955_madam_jpeg15b745b8c7ed5d6f4fc33db5b762e715

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by anonimi: 10:18am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Senator Bruce, enough of this publicity stunt, I'm wondering when you became a stunt man. Your constituency need you to deliver, not buy shoes from Aba and show the internet.

See painment grin
The man is ENCOURAGING his fellow citizens to help President Buhari succeed with his forex ban policy and you are here ranting and hating.
Who did this to you

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3346812_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3260732_epainamwell_jpeg5b30c340a8c240ec00e73979315ae7f1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 10:18am On Feb 15, 2016
anonimi:

Yes Aisha Buhari is a public office holder- Office of the Presdent's Wife aka First Lady's Office

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2643548_img20150718154741_jpeg0964675e67e3a2107c59222557f17961

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2561955_madam_jpeg15b745b8c7ed5d6f4fc33db5b762e715
And was she voted into office? Or was she made First lady solely because her husband is president?

Tell me, Mr picture poster, does the constitution recognizes the office of the First lady of Nigeria?

There's a fine line between when someone was voted into office and when someone was appointed into office.

NB. The invitation card reads Wife Of The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Not Office of the First Lady Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Once again, there's a difference.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by stinechykee: 10:18am On Feb 15, 2016
Teejayphillip:
These Benz Bruce abi wetin b em name sef? Nah oju aiye u dey du...

When u neva enta government,we all know say nah abroad u dey buy ur tinz...

No come here dey blow breeze 4 our toe like a rat n stil chopping us...

My Aba people I remain unah fans til eternity.. Ave bin rocking u guyz product since I grew up. Unah tu much
Keep on deceiving yourself with this your eye service attitude that is typical of Yoruba behaviour.Na enviness will kill you low life tribe Yoruba because we Igbos are moving forward everyday and that explain why whenever the mention of Biafra Yorubas will be shivering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Simon Lalong Buys Fuel From ‘Black Market’ Dealer / About Half Of Nigeria’s Current Ministers Studied These Courses / Doyin Okupe Spotted In A Keke Napep In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.