Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes (49245 Views)

Ikpeazu Delivers 'Made-In-Aba' Shoes To Obasanjo (Photos) / Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) / Ikpeazu Presents Made-In-Aba Shoes To Enelamah (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Reference(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2016
Very proud that someone in authority can give this much publicity to our local industries at a time we need radical reforms not just in our economy but in the mentality that makes things happen and not happen. If this can be done by every political and government official, every captain of industry and every man and woman endowed with the power of financial choice, Nigeria can change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by paschu: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2016
raker300:
so, advertising nigerian products is now a stunt. When he rode around in BMW cars, it was normal shey?

Buhari's wife flaunts a $50k cartier watch and it's "normal"...Ben flaunts Aba made and it's a "stunt"?

Slave mentality of an African man

THANK YOU DEAR. You just freaking made my day!!! Keep it coming please!
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by afosdan: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
lovely displayed for shoe made in Nigeria by senator Ben Bruce but I went to Silverbird Gallery yesterday but our senator displayed Range Rover in his Gallery instead of Innoson jeep made in Nigeria.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by miomio(f): 11:39am On Feb 15, 2016
Qualer:

you!!

whether he wears them or gives them out is not d issue. you how many made in nigeria have u bought and given out not to talk of worn? the hash tagged was #buymadeinnigeria. after buying what u do with it is ur business. but d idea is for us to patronize our own. come to think if it who told you he doesnt wear them

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2016
kettykin:

I use aba made shoes and shirts anytime i come to Nigeria
Where can I get one? I need it badly
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by miomio(f): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Senator Bruce, enough of this publicity stunt, I'm wondering when you became a stunt man. Your constituency need you to deliver, not buy shoes from Aba and show the internet.

go n lie down if u have nothing to say. all d ones that have not been displaying made in aba what have they done in their constituency?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
ariesbull:

Name it chidioloo mekusiano andrusolini ....tagged with crafted in Rome

You will see how they will buy it

That's how igbo do it ...but they just wanna make it plain today

Don't mind foolish Nigerians
Na so
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Dedetwo(m): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
I wanna see him wearing them out. Not buying them, snapping them and dashing his gateman afterwards. Charade time is up.

How close you are to the senator from Bayelsa State to even insinuate what he intends to do with shoes? Or are you just running your loose mouth as usual?
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

I agree with you, but in a situation where I sourced for the materials and he sewed_ no need to put foreign tag for me again na.

I encouraged him to get his own tag, and he did that, after several months. To still show you how shallow some Nigerians are, they told him not to put his tag on their shirts.
That's it. Just put Turkey or Spanish tag, you would see the rush
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 15, 2016
cupidhero:

Every popular designer brand have a branch in Aba they don't know of. Assuming the world was fair Louis Vuitton should be paying Aba people marketing fees.....we helped push D & G,Ralph Lauren and so many designer brand samples to every corner of naija and all we get is bashing grin grin....they just need rebranding and good fabrics and if possible organising a fashion show and pay world class fashion magazines and blogs to have their designs featured on their mags. We got mad skilled tailors in Aba who should be receiving accolades if only they will atleast add their name to the designs they put out instead of using fake zara or prada labels .
Y'know lots of them are not entirely learned. They don't really know the effect of promoting other brands above theirs, they need lots of orientation and publicity.

Abeg wetin dem dey do for that Eziukwu or warris it called? The traffic was mad this morning. I got to work by 8:54am, if no be say I buy my manager Valentine cake on Fri, the kind memo I for answer today ehn...
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by paschu: 11:49am On Feb 15, 2016
daygee12:
One thing about Ben is that he is trying to prove to pple that he is a saint. But I must tell u dis guy is a FAKE, he uses most of his precious time on social media trying to win the heart of the pple to himself. The only thing he sabi do na to go to the Senate and compose one fine speech once in a blue moon. He is right dere making senseless commonsense campaign.

BASELESS RANT.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by ozoemenaca: 11:52am On Feb 15, 2016
Nice one my Aba People
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2016
miomio:

go n lie down if u have nothing to say. all d ones that have not been displaying made in aba what have they done in their constituency?
Its left for you to find out.

Kachisbarbie:

Y'know lots of them are not entirely learned. They don't really know the effect of promoting other brands above theirs, they need lots of orientation and publicity.

Abeg wetin dem dey do for that Eziukwu or warris it called? The traffic was mad this morning. I got to work by 8:54am, if no be say I buy my manager Valentine cake on Fri, the kind memo I for answer today ehn...
And someone once told me Aba was traffic free.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Joarams(m): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2016
hopilo:
lovely but we still need to pay attention to details to get a quality finish. Who is that manufacturere that will stand out to ensure quality and standard finishing that can be sustain over time to be a brand name on every Nigerian lip.

Its name is Standards organization of Nigeria (SON). I believe this is another issue the current government should pay increasing attention to.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by hofubu: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NobleAngell(f): 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dedetwo:

How close you are to the senator from Bayelsa State to even insinuate what he intends to do with shoes? Or are you just running your loose mouth as usual?
I feel sorry for you. U are so gullible and its pathetic. Its fools like u that he is posting that for.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NobleAngell(f): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
zizicandy:

The last time I checked you weren't ok,
Who told you he doesn't wear them, are you close to him?
Thumbs up to Aba Mades...
Got their specials for myself last Xmas... Really lovely.
U don't luk ok at all.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by richidinho(m): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Is Buhari's wife an elected senator? Is Buhari's wife representing a community? Is Buhari's wife a public office holder?

And here you speak of slave mentality when you have no mentality at all.

mttcheeeew....mU,mU
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
I bot these and it didn't last 2weeks! Had to resort to the worn-out foreign ones ve been using! They need to work on quality!

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by cardoctor(m): 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
Always advertising "common sense".
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Dedetwo(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
I feel sorry for you. U are so gullible and its pathetic. Its fools like u that he is posting that for.

Only a fool knows how to get rich and remains poor. How foolish could you be at this stage of your miserable life when you can discern the intention of fellow human beings from afar. The gullible ninnies are better you who dwell in idiotic stream of your thoughts. It sucks to be you.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by musicwriter(m): 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
kettykin:
The shoes look great but more work is needed on the quality assurance and finishing

Yes, but that will depend on whether we support them, cause qualitative improvement is as a result of quantitative improvement, vise-versa.

That is...the improvement in quality you're talking about cannot happen unless they produce more shoes and keep correcting known mistakes.

All you have to do is keep buying made in Nigeria products whether shoes or other things, and improvement in quality will happen on it's own. It's a natural progression.

1. Here is the picture of the first airplane.

2. Here is the picture of the first car.
[img]http://www.americaslibrary.gov/assets/es/in/es_in_elwood_1_e.jpg[/img]

3. Here is a picture of the first mobile phone.
[img]http://starwinar.files./2010/02/martincooper1_wideweb__470x3620.jpg[/img]

It's like that for every other technology. We must start from somewhere.

Rome was not built in a day.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Dedetwo(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:

Only a fool knows how to get rich and remains poor. How foolish could you be at this stage of your miserable life when you can discern the intention of fellow human beings from afar. The gullible ninnies are better than you who dwell in idiotic stream of your thoughts. It sucks to be you.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by demzey(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Is Buhari's wife an elected senator? Is Buhari's wife representing a community? Is Buhari's wife a public office holder?

U av ntn to say Mr. Man, she is bin looked up to, y is most of her projects directed towards women and/or children. Is it until she is a senator?
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by nigerianvenom(m): 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:

Buhari's wife isnt an elected official but uses official presidential planes even senior senators can't use.
She isnt a public official but has personal aids paid for by money from public purse.
The way u guys reasons is what i don't understand

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Guyman02: 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
BUY MADE IN NIGERIA.
PMB should wear only kaftan sewn in Kano and cap made in Katsina with sandals made in Aba, thats the only way to save the Naira.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Dedetwo(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I bot these and it didn't last 2weeks! Had to resort to the worn-out foreign ones ve been using! They need to work on quality!

Even the so-called foreign made can undergo the same wear and tear. You could help the shoe makers in quality control by providing such evidence.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Originalsly: 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
Too many eople would always condemn anything made in Nigeria period....no matter the quality of the product. The senator is trying to change the foreign is better mentality that is becoming a plague in the country. .. a plague helped spread by our so called celebrities and others in high position like himself. Yes there need to be improvement in the finishing. ...the presentation... and marketing of the footwear ... but we are moving in that direction. It is so funny to see people so proud to be boasting of paying an arm and a leg for Italian shoes.... shoes that are made for narrow footed Europeans... but yet we force our spade feet into them and wear them proudly.. but uncomfortably! If nothing else...Bruce is promoting Nigerian products which is good for the development of the industry and for Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
nigerianvenom:

Buhari's wife isnt an elected official but uses official presidential planes even senior senators can't use.
She isnt a public official but has personal aids paid for by money from public purse.
The way u guys reasons is what i don't understand
Yes sadly that's the way it is. Even president Obama's wife uses AirForce1 with her husband, and she isn't a public official but sadly, she has personal aids paid for by American tax payers

And yes, they way some guys reason at times is mind blowing.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dedetwo:

Even the so-called foreign made can undergo the same wear and tear. You could help the shoe makers in quality control by providing such evidence.
Do u expect me to sstart travelling to Aba to look for the maker? So if u buy a foreign item and it goes bad, u will travel out to complain?
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Bishops10(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
I wanna see him wearing them out. Not buying them, snapping them and dashing his gateman afterwards. Charade time is up.
Seriously what brought me here is to see how the shoes looks on him but was surprised to see his tiles wearing them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NobleAngell(f): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dedetwo:

Only a fool knows how to get rich and remains poor. How foolish could you be at this stage of your miserable life when you can discern the intention of fellow human beings from afar. The gullible ninnies are better than you who dwell in idiotic stream of your thoughts. It sucks to be you.
No. Its actually sucks to be u. People like you remain soaked in poverty while defending the rich who know likes of u exist but again mean nothing to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Simon Lalong Buys Fuel From ‘Black Market’ Dealer / About Half Of Nigeria’s Current Ministers Studied These Courses / Doyin Okupe Spotted In A Keke Napep In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.