Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes (49253 Views)

Ikpeazu Delivers 'Made-In-Aba' Shoes To Obasanjo (Photos) / Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) / Ikpeazu Presents Made-In-Aba Shoes To Enelamah (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by OFFICIAL336: 10:20am On Feb 15, 2016
raker300:
People be calling Aba fake and Italian original

Italian leathers are not made for nigerian weather. Once an Italian shoe is exposed to heat, it starts to shrink until it breaks

On the other hand, aba can last in nigerian weather but the finishing is not perfection but it's improving

Same thing goes to Aba tailoring: they know th body structure of an average nigerian wch is why their clothes fit more perfectly unlike the China clothes most nigerians wear that are freakishly small n tight
I use only Nigerian Products except Hospitals, though made use of them few times. I wear Aba shoes, they are my favorites and lasts long for me. Sometimes I wonder why people degrade Aba products. I stopped wearing foreign underwears last year, my Aba made lasts longer and doesn't fade unlike those packaged imported boxers.

I use Innoson G5 Suv (white color), it is my pet. Prefers Onitsha main market to those online shops for purchases I dnt want to import.

As long as I keep dating my fiancee, the most important thing in my life, I'll forever carry Igbo matter for head.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by emenas(m): 10:21am On Feb 15, 2016
i'm begining to love this man o.. #senator common sense #buynaijaimprovethenaira #benbruce4president2022
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Johnnoo(m): 10:22am On Feb 15, 2016
I like this guy wink
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by anonimi: 10:22am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
And was she voted into office? Or was she made First lady solely because her husband is president?

Tell me, Mr picture poster, does the constitution recognizes the office of the First lady of Nigeria?

There's a fine line between when someone was voted into office and when someone was appointed into office.

See as you dey TWIST like Buratai the snake charmer grin
Which one be voted versus appointed again.
Before, before you said public office HOLDER, not so
I showed you that she HOLDS public office then you start dancing kokoma for market square naked.
Take it easy oh bro. grin

ishowdotgmail:
Notwithstanding the change in nomenclature, Wife of the President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, has been operating from the Office of the First Lady located inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja, SUNDAY PUNCH can report authoritatively.

Ahead of the March 28 presidential election, Buhari, who was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, had promised that he would not have an office for the First Lady should he emerge victorious at the election.

“The Office of the First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” Buhari had said.

As the campaigns progressed however, Mrs. Buhari joined the APC team.

That made observers doubt whether the President would be able to walk his talk.

Since her husband’s assumption of office, Mrs. Buhari has dropped the title of “First Lady” used by her predecessors, including Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

She adopted the title of “Wife of the President.”

Investigations by our correspondent have, however, showed that apart from the nomenclature, nothing significant has changed.

Mrs. Buhari and her handlers operate from the First Lady’s office used by her predecessors, it was learnt.

The office is located beside the official residence of the President.

Her office, like it was under her predecessors, houses her staff members, including personal aides, security details and protocol officials, among others.

She has so far organised events similar to the ones that were not in short supply under her immediate predecessor, Mrs. Jonathan.

The first event organised by Mrs. Buhari was an elaborate “thank you dinner” she organised in honour of APC women and youths for supporting her husband’s election.

The President’s wife, during the recently concluded Ramadan, also broke her fast with some women leaders and the less privileged.

Recently, the Office of the Wife of the President, in conjunction with a United Kingdom-based private firm, organised a seminar on protocol, etiquette and security for wives of state governors. shocked shocked

At that event, the President’s wife charged the wives of the state governors to come up with laudable programmes to complement their husbands’ efforts.

At the conclusion of Ramadan, Mrs. Buhari also hosted children to an elaborate Sallah party.

All these events were held inside the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, with glamour.

Apart from these, the President’s wife, represented by some individuals, had donated either cash or relief items to internally displaced persons and other groups in parts of the country.

Our correspondent also learnt that she is at the verge of initiating a pet project, a platform that will be used to meet specific needs.

That has also been the style of previous First Ladies.

The Director of Media in the Office of the Wife of the President, Zakari Yau Nadabo, confirmed to our correspondent on Thursday that arrangements were ongoing for a pet project for Mrs. Buhari.

Nadabo said the first step was to identify the area where the President’s wife is interested in making intervention.

He said, “It is not about initiating a pet project alone. The first step is to identify the area. The plan is already in the pipeline. Issues are just beginning to take shape.

“We do not want to rush. We want to take our time to do a careful analysis so that we can intervene in critical areas."

http://www.punchng.com/news/aisha-buhari-takes-over-patience-jonathans-office/

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/rfpz2aiih02arcv4l0q6myapvub3qyub1364484[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 10:23am On Feb 15, 2016
anonimi:

See painment grin
The man is ENCOURAGING his fellow citizens to help President Buhari succeed with is forex ban policy and you are here ranting and hating.
Who did this to you

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3346812_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3260732_epainamwell_jpeg5b30c340a8c240ec00e73979315ae7f1
Obviously common sense is not common. It is very scarce!.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by hmuhammad(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2016
tjfulloption:
Dear senator Bruce, these aren't Italians but Abalians. #iwillALWAYSpatroniseOURlocalMadeGOODS
"Made in Nigeria" should be inscribed on them

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by benson730: 10:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Those talking of quality and finishing. The once u buy abroad have u compared how long it lasts to these once...??.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by cmikel: 10:27am On Feb 15, 2016
;
;
;
;
;OUR LEADERS SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT NIGERIA IN MISLEADING WAY WHEN THEY TRAVEL FOR INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS
'

THIS HAS LEAD TO RANKING US AS MOST CORRUPT

THEY SHOULD TALK MORE ABOUT THE PROSPECTS OF THE ECOMOMY , AND NOT EVRY TIME WE HEAR CURRPTION CURRUPTM CURRUPTN

INTERNATIONAL MEDIA WILL TAKE IT AND FLEX HOW THEY WANT '

'
'
'
'
'
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 10:27am On Feb 15, 2016
anonimi:

See as you dey TWIST like Buratai the snake charmer grin
Which one be voted versus appointed again.
Before, before you said public office HOLDER, not so
I showed you that she HOLDS public office then you start dancing kokoma for market square naked.
Take it easy oh bro. grin
Dude, please stop showing everybody just how shallow you are. You're just empty and petty, really Ben Bruce was really talking to people like you who doesn't know anything at all.

Kai! I didn't even know you were this empty and shallow dude. It comes as a shock. Hmm.

You should use google so you can at least gain a little bit of common sense.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by anonimi: 10:34am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Dude, please stop showing everybody just how shallow you are. You're just empty and petty, really Ben Bruce was really talking to people like you who doesn't know anything at all.

Kai! I didn't even know you were this empty and shallow dude. It comes as a shock. Hmm.

You should use google so you can at least gain a little bit of common sense.

What were you trying to communicate above?
What point exactly were you trying to get across because you said NOTHING
Actually you said something - a proper gbagaun just like your dull, daft & dumb Confused One from Daura.
People is a PLURAL word and should go with DON'T instead of doesn't i.e. "people like you who don't know"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2168547_boko_jpegb68e1f99d87674891f8bb5b8e27161d0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by bigtt76(f): 10:37am On Feb 15, 2016
Nice but they should label the products appropriately and not trying to steal known brands. A shoe made in Aba should state that and not Hugo Boss etc
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NobleAngell(f): 10:39am On Feb 15, 2016
omooba969:

Do u av a bf, if yes, he must be very tolerant. cool
oh yes I do. But am sure u don't have a gf cos no gal can put up with this.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by NobleAngell(f): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2016
pasol4real:

Sharap My friend u dis Thomas .
Blessed are those that do not see but believe .
No no no. U gotta luk beyond.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by inkon: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
I wanna see him wearing them out. Not buying them, snapping them and dashing his gateman afterwards. Charade time is up.

Why are you like this?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by osusuallstars: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2016
IF YOU BEND DOWN , YOU WILL SEE ABA
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by joseph1832(m): 10:43am On Feb 15, 2016
anonimi:

What were you trying to communicate above?
What point exactly were you trying to get across because you said NOTHING
Actually you said something - a proper gbagaun just like your dull, daft & dumb Confused One from Daura.
People is a PLURAL word and should go with DON'T instead of doesn't i.e. "people like you who don't know"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2168547_boko_jpegb68e1f99d87674891f8bb5b8e27161d0
Oh yes my English teacher. So much like you and yourself to start correcting grammar when your baseless and senseless points is flushed down the toilet.

Tell me, who made you an expert in English language? For the fact that since we've been having this discourse, you've been trying to pick flaws in my grammar show just how really petty you are.

No wonder you go about posting pictures here and there when you can't even engage in a simple discourse.

If out of my post with you, you picked just one flaw, that's an A. 9 over 10 is a pass mark, but I wish I can say the same for you. LMAO.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by ceaz4r(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2016
hopilo:
lovely but we still need to pay attention to details to get a quality finish. Who is that manufacturere that will stand out to ensure quality and standard finishing that can be sustain over time to be a brand name on every Nigerian lip.

Is it not when you patronise them they will get money from their profit to purhase the machines/tools to give you the finishing you need?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 15, 2016
kettykin:
The shoes look great but more work is needed on the quality assurance and finishing
We know but patronize it first

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 15, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
nice one.
Aba people dey try, my problem with them is they keep putting foreign names/tags on their products. I know what it took me to convince my tailor to stop putting TM, D & G...etc on my shirts.
That's because Nigerians wouldn't buy made in ABA. Instead they prefer made in Italy with different foreign names

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by demoore1(m): 10:51am On Feb 15, 2016
hopilo:
lovely but we still need to pay attention to details to get a quality finish. Who is that manufacturere that will stand out to ensure quality and standard finishing that can be sustain over time to be a brand name on every Nigerian lip.
If you were told they were made in Italy, you would not say any thing about the quality.....Hipocricy

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by ariesbull: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

I use only Nigerian Products except Hospitals, though made use of them few times. I wear Aba shoes, they are my favorites and lasts long for me. Sometimes I wonder why people degrade Aba products. I stopped wearing foreign underwears last year, my Aba made lasts longer and doesn't fade unlike those packaged imported boxers.

I use Innoson G5 Suv (white color), it is my pet. Prefers Onitsha main market to those online shops for purchases I dnt want to import.

As long as I keep dating my fiancee, the most important thing in my life, I'll forever carry Igbo matter for head.

Can we meet at mama Nkechi spots for a bottle of origin and isi ewu ...then lets look for Bunmi and chidnma to massage us ...the bill is on me

You are sooooooo on point
We won't tell our women these sexscapes

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2016
asuustrike2009:

That's because Nigerians wouldn't buy made in ABA. Instead they prefer made in Italy with different foreign names

I agree with you, but in a situation where I sourced for the materials and he sewed_ no need to put foreign tag for me again na.

I encouraged him to get his own tag, and he did that, after several months. To still show you how shallow some Nigerians are, they told him not to put his tag on their shirts.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by ariesbull: 10:59am On Feb 15, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Name it chidioloo mekusiano andrusolini ....tagged with crafted in Rome

You will see how they will buy it

That's how igbo do it ...but they just wanna make it plain today

Don't mind foolish Nigerians
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by BaddieKay(f): 11:01am On Feb 15, 2016
What is inferior about thoSe shoes?You just hv complex issues and u need to work on ursef worth
darkenkach:
Lets tell ourselves the truth, he will never wear those shoes they are just too inferior..
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by daygee12: 11:02am On Feb 15, 2016
One thing about Ben is that he is trying to prove to pple that he is a saint. But I must tell u dis guy is a FAKE, he uses most of his precious time on social media trying to win the heart of the pple to himself. The only thing he sabi do na to go to the Senate and compose one fine speech once in a blue moon. He is right dere making senseless commonsense campaign.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by omooba969(m): 11:05am On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
oh yes I do. But am sure u don't have a gf cos no gal can put up with this.

Put up with what? grin

4nny chick. cool
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by cupidhero(m): 11:07am On Feb 15, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
nice one.
Aba people dey try, my problem with them is they keep putting foreign names/tags on their products. I know what it took me to convince my tailor to stop putting TM, D & G...etc on my shirts.
Every popular designer brand have a branch in Aba they don't know of. Assuming the world was fair Louis Vuitton should be paying Aba people marketing fees.....we helped push D & G,Ralph Lauren and so many designer brand samples to every corner of naija and all we get is bashing grin grin....they just need rebranding and good fabrics and if possible organising a fashion show and pay world class fashion magazines and blogs to have their designs featured on their mags. We got mad skilled tailors in Aba who should be receiving accolades if only they will atleast add their name to the designs they put out instead of using fake zara or prada labels .
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by ezeuba(m): 11:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Oga Bruce, na today Aba begin produce shoes and wears? Abi na today Aba appear for map of Nigeria? Abeg park well...
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 15, 2016
Abeg shey na for only Aba I fit get Made in Aba product?
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by zizicandy(f): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
I wanna see him wearing them out. Not buying them, snapping them and dashing his gateman afterwards. Charade time is up.
The last time I checked you weren't ok,
Who told you he doesn't wear them, are you close to him?
Thumbs up to Aba Mades...
Got their specials for myself last Xmas... Really lovely.
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by emonkey(m): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2016
skelewu404:
This guy seems to be living on social media

You nko ?
Re: Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes by kettykin: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2016
asuustrike2009:

We know but patronize it first
I use aba made shoes and shirts anytime i come to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku’s Daughter, Hauwa Uwais In Tears As She Gets Surprise Birthday Dinner / Abuja-Kaduna Train: We Will Not Pay Them Ransom – El-Rufai Reveals Identity / As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.