Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) (42055 Views)

Saraki Meets Osinbajo As Presidency Uncovers Senate’s Plot / Bukola Saraki Meets With Albino Foundation (Photos) / Osinbajo Decorates Innocent Chukwuma, Defence Academy Awards Him Honorary Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 16, 2016
tomdon:

I'm in full unalloyed support of naija made things please and I believe that we must start somewhere, but what are they doing with regards to research and development to make it fully locally mad

Mstcheeeew! Lubbish,Ara oko
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by don4real18(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2016
I wonder what these hypes are all about, if you like innoson motors, go for it but if you are like me with other tastes such as Range rover.. Pls go for it
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by UrbanMystique: 7:59am On Feb 16, 2016
41lady:

Who brought revolutionary into the automobile industry in Naigeria? I know is during GEJ that BOI & AI partner to encourage locally made automobile and products that Innoson gain ground and publicity via law and grant enacted and gave out by BOI.

I was in Peugeot Nigeria then. The Chairman that control the share in peugoet married additional wives with his and the son was leaving big life while the company crumbs, that's why AMCON have to take over Peugeot.
how come Nigeria made Nissan is not suddenly popular now due to gej policy?
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by inkon: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2016
tomdon:
until u tell me what parts were manufactured in Nigeria or whether the designs were done in Nigeria through research, I will call them refurbished cars, because, they were only assembled in Nigeria, not manufactured in Nigeria.

Refurbished?
I wish you understood your terms.
And mind you, no production company has it 100%. One instance, HP does your computer hardware but Microsoft feeds the software.
Don't be confused my friend.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2016
Gassa007:

All plastic wares from ivm is from innoson plastic
company Enugu. All electrical cables for ivm is
from cutix.
Na only pan(metals) are being imported, every
other Damn thing is 80% naija.
Btw, dat imbec!le does not know that no vehicle
manufacture produces all its parts, ask
bmw,benz,toyota,honda, they will tell you better.
There is what is called out sourcing.
How could it all be imported and naija airforce
gave him credits for manufacturing and fixing
their alpha jets used in fighting boko, if he has
been importing all, what stops the naija army
from importing directly?
These people are just enemy of progress
Wat abt the leather for the interior and the electronic system of the car?
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by odomanis: 9:02am On Feb 16, 2016
UrbanMystique:
To think non of these happened under PDP and Jonathan that south easterners love so much ..

Innosson became more popular under APC regime.

Maybe you just started showing interest in news. Last administrations auto policy had innoson as a major driver.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by oyinkinola: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2016
....this show that people must learn to change, igbo hate anything yoruba, but want to promote their product to us, if yoruba is like igbo and start the campaign of boycotes to all igbo products, we will pull you down in a light time! but, ("awa esoku aje, Innoson, aje a bugba je o. Ase")
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by UrbanMystique: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2016
odomanis:

Maybe you just started showing interest in news. Last administrations auto policy had innoson as a major driver.
that auto policy also brought in Nissan. Why is national assembly not running after made in naija Nissan? After Nissan has name more than innosson.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by kasay: 10:14am On Feb 16, 2016
dragonking2:
Everything is step by step...Can you show me one single APC senator that campaigned for made in Nigeria goods? Even the hastag was created by ben Bruce not APC and definitely not the dullard... So stop spewing hate, acknowledge whet ben Bruce has done and talk to ur dullard President to use the N3.6bn in buying innoson instead of BMW.

You can make your point without throwing insults. Your penchant for throwing insult at your president only exposes your immaturity and poor upbringing.

Now, permit me to enlightened you on few things.

First, I'm not aware of any policy directives by NASS to make innoson cars their official vehicle. I'm certain that Bruce is just playing politics. Why publicise his purchase of one Innoson car on social media? Why didn't he make innoson cars the official and unofficial cars for his Silver Bird group? How come it's this era that he has suddenly become a fan of innoson cars?

Secondly, Buy made-in-Nigeria products campaign is an old fashioned and fruitless campaign inspired more by politics rather than enduring economic strategy. People will naturally buy products that are good whether made in Nigeria or Asia or made in the moon. I personally make all my tropical suits in Enugu cos they are exceptionally well-tailored. The guy in Enugu didn't have to campaign to me about loyalty to my country's product.

Thirdly, why blame Buhari for opting to buy BMW instead of IVM cars when non of your south-east government has made IVM their official cars? GEJ and his ministers never used Innoson cars. The owner of innoson himself doesn't drive his own product!

Fourthly, BMW and Mercedes are iconic brands that are reputed for safety and reliability, if you expect Buhari to compromise his safety and security by driving innoson cars that haven't attain the expected safety standard of a presidential car, then you are thriving in delusion.

This brings me to the last point which I hope you have the capacity to comprehend. So far, innoson cars are still products that an average Nigerian including you, cannot relate or associate with. I haven't seen any superior strategy by the promoters of IVM to build and position innoson cars as an iconic and cult brand that will gain sustainable competitive advantage in the Africa's auto market. This will involve performance, design, user experience, safety and pricing.
All I see is an Igbo smart trader trying to act like a typical Nigerian contractor by seeking government patronage. Auto business is much more than this. It involves superior strategy that will open up uncontested markets and become the preferred choice for a specific market segment. If innocent chukwuma doesn't believe in his own product(I understand that he uses Range Rover), how will he expect me or you to believe in innoson cars??

One thing is to manufacture but making profitable sales to remain in business is another issue all together.

If innoson cars cannot appeal to its immediate and huge geographic market(Nigeria) after several years in manufacturing, then there is a problem. Matched this against the huge volume of new and used cars imported into Nigeria on a weekly basis.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by dragonking2: 11:01am On Feb 16, 2016
kasay:

You can make your point without throwing insults. Your penchant for throwing insult at your president only exposes your immaturity and poor upbringing.

Show me were the insult is?

Now, permit me to enlightened you on few things.

First, I'm not aware of any policy directives by NASS to make innoson cars their official vehicle. I'm also aware that talk is cheap and Ben Bruce still doesn't drive Innoson cars as I write.

Can you provide proof that he doesnt drive innoson cars or you just want to talk?

Secondly, Buy made-in-Nigeria products campaign is an old fashioned and fruitless campaign inspired more by politics rather than enduring economic strategy. People will naturally buy products that are good whether made in Nigeria or Asia or made in the moon. I personally make all my tropical suits in Enugu cos they are exceptionally well-tailored. The guy in Enugu didn't have to campaign to me about loyalty to my country's product.

Honestly, i am sure you are not aware that Buhari was the one who initiated the buy made in Nigeria campaign but he himself never patronized made in nigeria goods.

Read here: https://www.naij.com/485808-buhari-asks-nigerians-to-buy-made-in-nigeria-products.html

Thirdly, why blame Buhari for opting to buy BMW instead of IVM cars when non of your south-east government has made IVM their official cars? GEJ and his ministers never used Innoson cars. The owner of innoson himself doesn't drive his own product!

It is buhari's right as the number one citizen to spear head the movement for buying made in Nigeria goods. But as usual, the dullard went ahead to spend a whooping N3.6bn on foreign cars. Answer this question, will this move by buhari help the economy or not?

Fourthly, BMW and Mercedes are iconic brands that are reputed for safety and reliability, if you expect Buhari to compromise his safety and security by driving innoson cars that haven't attain the expected safety standard of a presidential car, then you are thriving in delusion.

Seriously you are a clown. If a whole president who wants Nigerians to buy made in nigeria goods gives flimsy excuses that he cant patronize that same goods he wants us to buy, then he is not fit to be president. A leader should be ready to risk everything, including his safety for his citizens but as usual the zoombies will not see that.

This brings me to the last point which I hope you have the capacity to comprehend. So far, innoson cars are still products that an average Nigerian including you, cannot relate or associate with. I haven't seen any superior strategy by the promoters of IVM to build and position innoson cars as an iconic and cult brand that will gain sustainable competitive advantage in the Africa's auto market. This will involve performance, design, user experience, safety and pricing.
All I see is an Igbo smart trader trying to act like a typical Nigerian contractor by seeking government patronage. Auto business is much more than this. It involves superior strategy that will open up uncontested markets and become the preferred choice for a specific market segment. If innocent chukwuma doesn't believe in his own product(I understand that he uses Range Rover), how will he expect me or you to believe in innoson cars??

One thing is to manufacture but making profitable sales to remain in business is another issue all together.

If innoson cars cannot appeal to its immediate and huge geographic market(Nigeria) after several years in manufacturing, then there is a problem. Matched this against the huge volume of new and used cars imported into Nigeria on a weekly basis.

Regards
The Toyota that you love so much started like this;
Production of the Model AA passenger car started in 1936. Early vehicles bear a striking resemblance to the Dodge Power Wagon and Chevrolet, with some parts actually interchanging with their American originals...Since this was Toyoda's first production vehicle, there were still many problems to be solved. When the first production examples were driven to Tokyo for the motor show, they were packed with many spare parts. These spare parts were in case something broke during the trip - luckily only a few replacement parts were required. Early sales were mostly to people who were sympathetic to local manufacturers and who were willing to endure many failures.
This show that toyota was filled with many errors and failuires yet its citizens patronized it now toyota is a world brand. Check wikipedia for more info and Receive common sense!!!
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by DrinkWater10: 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
chigoizie7:
He who God has blessed, no man can course.

We all knew what obj did to this man, when he was in motorcycle business, obj, with the connivance of Nigerian customs seized his wares, which was later used for Andy ubah's campaign that year. They closed that door for him, and a bigger door has now been opened for him, from importing motorcycle parts to manufacturing his own vehicles and now exporting. God is too big.

As if that one never do, the young man sued Nigerian customs service for seizing his goods, without any offence, he won the case, he was to be compensated b4 they went for appeal, appeal never conclude matter, some yeye GTbank go freeze d guy man account, he sued them too, won the case and gtbank was asked to pay for damages mounting to billions of naira, I no know wether dem don pay sef, but that money fit open another plant oh.

Well, enough of ivm, b4 end of 2nd quarter of 2017, another company will roll out its 1st made in Naija heavy duty vehicles, this one is strictly heavy duty, the plant is @ ozubulu also in anambra.

Did I also mention innoson car batteries and tires?,

Ife eji abu Onye Anambra erika.
Wow! Is IVM also the owner of the heavy duty vehicle plant?
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Wow! Is IVM also the owner of the heavy duty vehicle plant?

Nope, the owner is also from Anambra, he is an ozubulu man.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by Gassa007: 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
charliboy654:

Wat abt the leather for the interior and the electronic system of the car?
See you where do Aba boys get their leather for making shoes,is not the same naija,the electronics will be part of the 20% imported.So Mr stop hating
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by Igbospower(m): 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
Favben:
When will my fellow Nigerians stop arguing over crap?

When will our arguments be more about how to build up and not to destroy.

Nobody is saying, "hey, we have copper, perhaps I can begin wounding of alternator coils for him so that Mitsubishi wouldn't supply it no more".

No one is saying, "if we can make cars, then we could stop importation of electric fan totally"

I'm yet to hear, " hey I do not have much capital but with the little I have, I can start making ceramic wares here in Nigeria"

No technician saying "I can provide you with locally made baking kilns"

All I hear is "we do not speak the same language therefore let the Naira which we both use be valueless".

STOP.
JUST STOP!
PLEASE.
nice 1 bro... if only they will listen to voice of reason.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by kasay: 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
dragonking2:

Show me were the insult is?

Can you provide proof that he doesnt drive innoson cars or you just want to talk?

Honestly, i am sure you are not aware that Buhari was the one who initiated the buy made in Nigeria campaign but he himself never patronized made in nigeria goods.

Read here: https://www.naij.com/485808-buhari-asks-nigerians-to-buy-made-in-nigeria-products.html

It is buhari's right as the number one citizen to spear head the movement for buying made in Nigeria goods. But as usual, the dullard went ahead to spend a whooping N3.6bn on foreign cars. Answer this question, will this move by buhari help the economy or not?

Seriously you are a clown. If a whole president who wants Nigerians to buy made in nigeria goods gives flimsy excuses that he cant patronize that same goods he wants us to buy, then he is not fit to be president. A leader should be ready to risk everything, including his safety for his citizens but as usual the zoombies will not see that.

The Toyota that you love so much started like this; This show that toyota was filled with many errors and failuires yet its citizens patronized it now toyota is a world brand. Check wikipedia for more info and Receive common sense!!!

I will not engage you further. It's obvious that you didn't even comprehend my post. I felt some lessons in strategy and economics of Automobil will be useful to you. You just went of the curve, analysing what has no bearing on my comment. You didn't even attempt to understand the issues and trends in the automobile industry that has come under competitive pressure as well as buying pattern and innovation that fuels demand. If Innocent Chukwuma cannot use his own product, who do you expect to buy his products?? From all indication, you want to show-off your skills in baseless arguments and queer logic. I'm not a politician, I'm a technocrat, consultant and lecturer. I don't have time for irrelevant, subjective, unempirical, politically-motivated debates.
Find time and learn more by reading books such as the Toyota way, Built to last, economics of strategy, industrial organisations, blue ocean strategy etc and halt your journey into biting ignorance.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by tuniski: 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
UrbanMystique:
oh yeah.. How come you are not driving innoson now? Or how come innosoon is not your cab now. Zombie.
let buhari cancel his appetite for BMW and patronize innoson motors. Afterall, the company was birthed under pdp. Let apc birth new indigenous company not 5k almajiri slave package!
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by dragonking2: 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
kasay:

I will not engage you further. It's obvious that you didn't even comprehend my post. I felt some lessons in strategy and economics of Auto industry will be useful to you. You just went of the curve, analysing what has no bearing on my comment. From all indication, you want to show-off your skills in baseless arguments and queer logic. I'm not a politician, I'm a technocrat, consultant and lecturer. I don't have time for irrelevant, subjective, unempirical, politically-motivated debates.
Find time and learn more by reading books such as the Toyota way, Built to last, economics of strategy, industrial organisations, blue ocean strategy etc and halt your journey into biting ignorance.
Go and sleep clown. Your level of reasoning aint even up to half of mine hence you cant even dare think of bringing out facts to disproof mine. Nonsense.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by kasay: 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
dragonking2:
Go and sleep clown. Your level of reasoning aint even up to half of mine hence you cant even dare think of bringing out facts to disproof mine. Nonsense.

I apologise to myself and you. I didn't know I was trying to engage an unruly secondary school boy with deep inferiority complex. Sorry son, go play and contend with your mates lacking in manners and discipline.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by 100Cents: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
UrbanMystique:
To think non of these happened under PDP and Jonathan that south easterners love so much ..

Innosson became more popular under APC regime.

Because ur naira has lost value under APC.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by dragonking2: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
kasay:

I apologise to myself and you. I didn't know I was trying to engage an unruly secondary school boy with deep inferiority complex. Sorry son, go play and contend with your mates lacking in manners and discipline.
Go and sleep...After i countered every of your flimsy points and you are unable to provide a valid response, you want to play the childish tantrum here. Please go and sleep. You need it.
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
Gassa007:

See you where do Aba boys get their leather for making shoes,is not the same naija,the electronics will be part of the 20% imported.So Mr stop hating
M not hating m just asking question cus u seems to kW abt the company,
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by MrGerald(m): 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
tomdon:
until u tell me what parts were manufactured in Nigeria or whether the designs were done in Nigeria through research, I will call them refurbished cars, because, they were only assembled in Nigeria, not manufactured in Nigeria.
this action will provide only a very few skilled jobs
lmporting the parts would still strain our currency

all raw materials for making a car exists in Nigeria, but tell me which parts were made with local raw materials

NB. please don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, I think Igbo people are very wonderful people, the most technologically ingenious race in Nigeria, I had this exact disco about aba folks with a friend only yesterday night, I think government has not lived up to its responsibility in terms of support. with little incentive from government, many great inventions will be developed there.
I'm only saying we should be weary of mediocrity by way of calling an assembly plant a manufacturing plant
He has also a plastic manufacturing coy in Enugu that produces most of the rubbers needed in the cars, there's a lot of car spare parts manufacturing coy around Onitsha and Nnewi that he also in business deals with, like Ibeto group manufactures motor battery for him, better go and visit the plant and see for yourself, though he import some of the engine with a corresponding company abroad pending the time our local steel coy start working
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by BushidoBlue(m): 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
oyinkinola:
....this show that people must learn to change, igbo hate anything yoruba, but want to promote their product to us, if yoruba is like igbo and start the campaign of boycotes to all igbo products, we will pull you down in a light time! but, ("awa esoku aje, Innoson, aje a bugba je o. Ase"wink

Bros read the thread properly and see where the hate is coming from.
Some people out of hate and blind bigotry don't even know that innoson motors was not born last week...
Plus if you think you can boycott go ahead...
Innoson no be small boy again, customers dey all over Africa.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by tinktanker: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
UrbanMystique:
yeah .. Funny enough, innoson has been functioning during gejs era but no one gives a shit about it until APC led national assembly decided to make the product their official car.. Same way majority don't give a shit about eyimba or dolphins..
sorry alot of his cars have been on d road but ur blind so u cant see cars with IVM logos
Re: Saraki Meets Innocent Chukwuma Of InnosonMotors (Photos) by casto: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2016
tomdon:

I'm in full unalloyed support of naija made things please and I believe that we must start somewhere, but what are they doing with regards to research and development to make it fully locally mad
The main thing first is assembling n making Nigerians to patronise made in 9ja goods. The cars will b maintained with time, if the parts are needed there will be a demand 4 it to be manufatured here. It will take time but we have d population to speed it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) / How I Knew That Leaked Phone Call Between Obi & Oyedepo Was Fake – Chuks Akunna / ''I Carry Bible Bullets To Fight APC'' - Fayose Blows As PDP Govs Dump Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.