Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate (71657 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Excellentmind: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Now, Anita's request is granted like a child who patiently waits while his father eats to get a piece of meat and sleeps almost immediately after eating the meat. She is freed from the bond of responsibility. Old things have now passed away and everything has become new. Congratulations!
But, it seems that this newness of everything doesn't include age and physical appearance, wow what an insatiable world! If she were going to get back her age and appearance, I would have supported her wholeheartedly. Oh! What an adult mistake! What is her benefit from this anger driven crass decision? Oh! God have mercy.

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by thorpido(m): 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
blackpanda:

Hoow many of the so - called married couples actually bring the kids up together under one roof. We live in an age where parents are to busy looking for daily bread and kids are brought up by either a single parent or nanny.....and this the same tin whether or not the parents r married!
Naaah.You have to provide statistics if you want to argue this point.Even when the parents are busy,they still come home to meet the children and spend the greater part of the day with them on weekends.It's not the same as single parenthood.
Moreover,the psycho-social effects are not the same.

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
Speechless3:
Eiyyyyyyya cry Maybe God did not approve the marriage embarassed Maybe pastor Chris is not a genuine MOG. Only God knows.
And who made u judge on their divorce issue....learn to keep quiet when u hv nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by hamilton62(m): 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
ceeceeuwa:

You are not in the marriage with them so you don't know what she had put up with over the years. Do you think a woman will wake up one day to let go of what she worked for like that without put up a fight? He that wears the shoe knows where it pinches! If you can walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be in the best position to draw a conclusion.
Yes you are right but do you recall the vow made on the alter during the holy matrimony activity? I take this man as my wedded husband through thick and thin, in good and bad time etc... The vow made on the chancel (fomerly called Alter) is between the physical and spiritual and God approves it...
I know I am not in the marriage with them but she lost it at last that's the problem... We look at the big name of our trouble forgetting the might of the God we serve...
Do you remember this A/M hymn:
Jesu, my Lord, my God, my All
Hear me blessed Saviour when I call.
Hear me and from thy dwelling place.
Pour down the riches of thy grace.
Jesu, my Lord I did adore
Oh make me love thee more and more.

If she truly love God and seek Him, she would have won at the end but now she's a looser not because she is but because she became self-centre instead believing our God unconditionally

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by blackpanda: 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
thorpido:
Naaah.You have to provide statistics if you want to argue this point.Even when the parents are busy,they still come home to meet the children and spend the greater part of the day with them on weekends.It's not the same as single parenthood.
Moreover,the psycho-social effects are not the same.

Statistics?? Really Does anybody keep those in nigeria. Anyway, all these are hypothetical situations, there's no evidence to say that children of single parents are bound to be worse than both parents. Actually there are kids brought up in homes with both parents that turn out to be monsters e.g adolf hitler
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by great664(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
floragregs:
Marriage is NOT for everybody! That's why I hate seeing nairalanders telling celebrity single ladies to go and get married. Please leave them alone! I repeat, marriage is NOT for everybody!
You are right marriage is not for everybody but somehow it is compulsory for everyone, you wont like to give birth without marrying, or be a single mum for the rest of your life. Kids need Dad,Mum and siblings while growing..

The fact is most people miss the most important thing to consider before saying I Do.

They believe a respectable, rich, handsome, beautiful, sexy, hot , caring, loving man/lady will equall a better husband/wife. No!

Those qualities are vital but what is more important is "FRIENDSHIP" Is he/she ur friend, when those qualities ain't there do you still consider him your friend?

Money will stop to freak you, sex will someday be boring , romance will decline as year passby and that's when friendship comes in the only quality that never fades. Learn to marry someone you can call a friend, because that's the only thing that Sustain marriage when other things fail.

They might be attracted to themselves because of their Faith but never Friend, like other qualities it fails too and can't tolerate or endure each other till love comes back in....

Your spouse might offend you and you will want he/she to say Sorry to you or you will be the one to say sorry because you want a peaceful Home but friends can move on with just looking/meeting each other and things click back to normal and lesson learnt.

Don't know how to explain it more so if una understand learn to be friend before Love or marriage...

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Mbkite(m): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
Demdem:
Seriously, pastor Chris the divorcee. Shame.
Mr. Perfect! Understand that God is still God. Why should u address a MOG in that manner? Be careful.

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Forwetinnah: 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Oya Pastor Chris...coast is clear, go and marry your Indian bride. I know say na there your long throat dey now.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by menxer: 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
Finally, I hope this will give her the peace of mind money and fame couldn't buy.

A lesson for us all.... nobody is infallible.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by frithom: 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
THEY ARE ONLY SEPARATED BY MAN AND PAPER, GOD STILL RECOGNISED THE MARRIAGE IT IS FOREVER VALID IN THE LAW COURT OF GOD.

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
Dirkcoyt:
Honestly the world need to revert back to just giving birth and no marriage.

Aren't we back already?

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by thorpido(m): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
blackpanda:

Statistics?? Really Does anybody keep those in nigeria. Anyway, all these are hypothetical situations, there's no evidence to say that children of single parents are bound to be worse than both parents. Actually there are kids brought up in homes with both parents that turn out to be monsters e.g adolf hitler
Actually, researches have been done to prove that children who grow with both parents are better than children who grow up with single parents.There was a thread where someone gave links to such researches.
I'm lazy/busy to dig out links to show you.You can do a bit of google search to see if it's true.It doesn't mean that all children who grow up with both parents turn out well or that you don't have children raised by single parents who turn out well,it just means that there were more cases of delinquents in single-parent homes than where both parents are present.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by somatrix(m): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
Tragedy.....i comment my reserve :-XTragedy.....i comment my reserve
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by ObaKlaz: 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
Oh well... I've learned Pst. Chris's full, real name today! Lol

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
This is why a couple should live together under the same roof. Their time apart should be temporary and short! Money, church, job, ministry etc should not warrant living apart especially for long. Too many negatives arise

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by pelij18(m): 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Davidovinci:
She finally got what she wanted.....

Pastor chris ain't innocent in all this(ain't judging), but i respect the man for trying to make the marriage work...

If it was a case of cheating i'd undestand why she was putting on a show/bn dramatic... but it ain't. why divorce?

Well... all the best to her..besides, Salvation is a personal thing
In real christendom, this wouldn't have called for strict divorce.

I'd love to hold a few hour meeting with some christ Embacy Members on nairaland, tonight at exactly 8:35 pm. Thank you.

Did you notice something afore? The bolded (christ) is not really the Christ i use to know and habitually, read about.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by ceeceeuwa: 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
hamilton62:

Yes you are right but do you recall the vow made on the alter during the holy matrimony activity? I take this man as my wedded husband through thick and thin, in good and bad time etc... The vow made on the chancel (fomerly called Alter) is between the physical and spiritual and God approves it...
I know I am not in the marriage with them but she lost it at last that's the problem... We look at the big name of our trouble forgetting the might of the God we serve...

If she truly love God and seek Him, she would have won at the end but now she's a looser not because she is but because she became self-centre instead believing our God unconditionally

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by joseph1832(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
Now seriously waiting for the next female pastor or member of Christ Embassy who will willingly jump on Chris' dick.

Men they are so many.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by blackpanda: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
thorpido:
Actually, researches have been done to prove that children who grow with both parents are better than children who grow up with single parents.There was a thread where someone gave links to such researches.
I'm lazy/busy to dig out links to show you.You can do a bit of google search to see if it's true.It doesn't mean that all children who grow up with both parents turn out well or that you don't have children raised by single parents who turn out well,it just means that there were more cases of delinquents in single-parent homes than where both parents are present.

Well I dont know about that phantom "research" but at the very least we both agree that marriage is not a criteria for bringing up kids. Cos whether the parents are married or not is not a guarantee that they will have good kids. Its great to have two parents living under the same roof as the perfect family, but there is nothing wrong with single parenthood.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by ceeceeuwa: 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
hamilton62:

You sound like you are so sure it is her fault. Can two work together except they agree? One hand cannot wash itself clean except with both hands! What if she has put more effort to make it work without a corresponding zeal from her husband. These are all assumptions, we don't know the details. Besides they are two adults who are verse in the word of God, so they know the implication of their decision. May God help the church and their children to go through this difficult time!

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
herbie27:
And who made u judge on their divorce issue....learn to keep quiet when u hv nothing reasonable to say.
And who made you a judge over my post? Goat.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
Another Christ Embassy member spotted on Nairaland.

myners007:
The Woman is quite over ambitious. Women should always learn how bto be submissive to their husband and be supportive ang encouraging even when the chips are down.Its not advisable for a Man of God to be involved in a divorce saga but Anita insisted and has finally gotten it. May God continue to strenghten you pastor Chris and your ministry will continue to wax stronger

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Boeing777pilot: 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by myners007: 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
TeOwl:
Another Christ Embassy member spotted on Nairaland.

You are wrong Bro
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by helovesme(f): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
Demdem:
Seriously, pastor Chris the divorcee. Shame.

it shocking

a 'whole' pastor chris

nobody would have predicted this at all
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Demdem(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
Mbkite:

Mr. Perfect! Understand that God is still God. Why should u address a MOG in that manner? Be careful.

Are u ok? What's wrong with what I said?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by hamilton62(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
ceeceeuwa:

You sound like you are so sure it is her fault. Can two work together except they agree? One hand cannot wash itself clean except with both hands! What if she has put more effort to make it work without a corresponding zeal from her husband. These are all assumptions, we don't know the details. Besides they are two adults who are verse in the word of God, so they know the implication of their decision. May God help the church and their children to go through this difficult time!
I never dispute your side or perspective on this but in all I try to let you know something about marriage and men.

Who is the owner of the home?
Proverb 14:1
King James Bible
Every wise woman buildeth her house: but
the foolish plucketh it down with her
hands.

In the family, a man is the head but what is the head without a neck?
A man is just a Big head with a flexible neck that means the man has no flair and is 1-dimensional... The woman is the neck.
The peripheral connections to the parts of the body moves from the head via the neck to other parts of the body...
Marriage is never easy neither is it a bed of roses because we are two separate souls being one body in christ and it's only in this institution that the rule of Nature or science:
1+1=1
While in others it's 2.
Marriage is an institution which you go in and your certificate is given to you when you are not through with the study of being married.
Behind every successful man is a woman: she was generating her own pole of flux which produced current of happiness and marriage with the hubby but she lost it lately.
Why I vehemently say she's the fault her is that she's the one who took the legal action of asking for divorce but that doesn't mean she's started it but because of that action the erring falls on her...
If Pastor Chris had asked for divorce, him' Pastor Chris will then be faulted here instead of her... I wish you get my approach from the Bible.

Luke 16:18 - Whosoever putteth away his wife, and
marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever
marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband
committeth adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 - And unto the married I
command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife
depart from [her] husband:

Romans 7:2 - For the woman which hath an husband is
bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth;
but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of
[her] husband.

Mark 10:12 - And if a woman shall put away her
husband, and be married to another, she committeth
adultery.

So who then should I blame with all these bible quotes and her action?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by BoreholeEngr: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Please I want to know, do they have any kids?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by hamilton62(m): 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
BoreholeEngr:
Please I want to know, do they have any kids?
Yes, they do... I've read about a daughter though I don't know how many yields they got from the marriage...
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by menxer: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
blackpanda:

Hehehehehe
I expected a Nigerian example but then you wrote Adolf Hitler. grin

Pst Chris & Anita were a shining example of a christian couple and marriage until this divorce blow things sky high.

They were my epitome of a couple...

I am sad not for either of them but for them to confirm that marriage like every thing in life is not sacrosanct, and I have to grope my way around.

Pls don't tell me to take it to God in prayer for I am sure they did in their case... which goes beyond preaching the "word of God" to the "experience of God", and this experience is way beyond the talk...

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by Montaque(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
vicky85:

You are far away...so you can't know what some pastors are enduring....Satan is so smart that, he will use either his wife or children to bring him down...but whoever is stand fast will stand forever...

whatever u say cannot change the laws of Christ as per divorce. No adultery no divorce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Howard Nyoni: TB Joshua & Oyakhilome Had Terminal Diseases, Took Drugs Secretly / Apostle Suleman: The Lies In Stephanie Otobo's BBM Chat / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75