Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? (4438 Views)

I Saw Used Condom & My Girlfriend At Home, Should I Break Up With Her? / How Torn Chicken Noodle Spice Nearly Ended My Relationship - Lady Shares Story / Relationship Is For Those Who Are Willing And Ready To Forgive Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Smartguy001(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
Pwettyella:

Seconded

Thirded grin grin
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by KINGinVAHALA: 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
sickstars:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Someone now tells me nairaland is a faceless forum
I dnt get you?
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

I dnt get you?

I'm fine no need to call me cheesy
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Menzy86(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
Tkini:
I think I exhibit some of the characters of op girlfriend. av had 2 boyfriend's and they all complain DT am boring. the problem is DT I don't kW how to hold a conversation, it just gets boring and i actually don't av emotional feelings to anything or anybody. @op get to kW her and make her trust you she wld be able to confide in you. it may be DT she has be hurt by someone before and finds it difficult to love again,like me.
good luck.
So because you have been hurt by someone in d past, u become stone cold hearted to your future partners? How does that change the past? And how are people so comfortable saying they have no emotions these days? I have been seriously hurt by two ladies in d past and actually caught d last one sleeping with someone else but that will never affect my desire to find a girl to still love later. The only thing is that nothing any woman does to me now can take me unawares. I urge u to open up again but just have reservations and while doing the much u can, expect less. The world is tasteless without love.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by KINGinVAHALA: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
sickstars:

I'm fine no need to call me cheesy
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by tosyne2much(m): 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Menzy86:
jeeze seems we are of the same stock. I so much detest that attitude in people. Truth of d matter is that people that dont make effort to modify a behaviour u complain about in a rship dont love you! There is no point circumventing relity here. I am doing exactly what u suggested in my present rship n I know its d best for me. Thanks for the affirmation jare.
Gbaaaaaaam ! cool
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Tkini(f): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
sickstars:

Me too embarassed
wen one is hurt sooooooooooooo mch
U just care bou ur happiness first
yes o
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by KINGinVAHALA: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
Menzy86:
jeeze seems we are of the same stock. I so much detest that attitude in people. Truth of d matter is that people that dont make effort to modify a behaviour u complain about in a rship dont love you! There is no point circumventing reality here. I am doing exactly what u suggested in my present rship n I know its d best for me. Thanks for the affirmation jare.
I just wish she could see the emboldened(you know yourself). Atleast the emboldened would mk u knw i even tried harbouring ur weird attitude for so long.

You cant claim to love ur partner in a relationship nd when he or she complains of an attitude u re showing, u open ur mouth nd tel ur partner "That Is How I Am and He or She Should Take You The Way You Are".

Where then is d love in d relationship? where then is d love u claim to love ur partner if u cant change ur attitude bcus of him/her nd to mk ur relationship better?

I'm Not Sad Honeypie, But Just Disappointed! Hmmm
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Cutehector(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
Tkini:

good.......how's school or work
work is fine dear. cool
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Tkini(f): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
Menzy86:
So because you have been hurt by someone in d past, u become stone cold hearted to your future partners? How does that change the past? And how are people so comfortable saying they have no emotions these days? I have been seriously hurt by two ladies in d past and actually caught d last one sleeping with someone else but that will never affect my desire to find a girl to still love later. The only thing is that nothing any woman does to me now can take me unawares. I urge u to open up again but just have reservations and while doing the much u can, expect less. The world is tasteless without love.
the problem av had in my r/p i s av given my love completely without reservation but the end result wasn't pretty......... my first ever r/p was in my 1st yr in sch I was very naive fresh outta sec sch and DT r/p mared my life till now.
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
have you met any of her family members? it could be a family issue.

she probably was sexually molested as a child and she withdrew into herself since then. and I'll bet maybe a family member, maybe an uncle or somebody did the molesting, hence the lack of emotions from her.

I thought you said you love her? so you gonna dump her like the rest of them.

what length have you gone to help her find a solution to this problem?

if you were in her shoes wouldn't you expect "him" to stand with you in your hour of need?

I'll suggest you try and get close to the family.
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Mascotizer: 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ioannes:
have you met any of her family members? it could be a family issue.

she probably was sexually molested as a child and she withdrew into herself since then. and I'll bet maybe a family member, maybe an uncle or somebody did the molesting, hence the lack of emotions from her.

I thought you said you love her? so you gonna dump her like the rest of them.

what length have you gone to help her find a solution to this problem?

if you were in her shoes wouldn't you expect "him" to stand with you in your hour of need?

I'll suggest you try and get close to the family.

I no her family but haven't met dem, when ever i try to tell her, her response is "not yet". I asked her about the molesting once, buh twas negative-perhaps she's finding it difficult to confide in me n say d truth.

I've always wanted to help her out but she's been very adamant. her usual phrase is "that's who I am' but she said she will definetely ammend her ways and love her husband to the core once she's married/abt to. But till den....

Oh i forgot to mention dis, she's very brilliant and doing awesomely well academically, she's more of career-driven person...so she's putting her career first nw. That's what she said.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Mascotizer: 11:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
Tkini:

the problem av had in my r/p i s av given my love completely without reservation but the end result wasn't pretty......... my first ever r/p was in my 1st yr in sch I was very naive fresh outta sec sch and DT r/p mared my life till now.

Eyah, dnt give up dear. All u need to do is to be humble enough to learn from ur past relationships. I was a very bad lover in my past relatioships, but over time i ve learnt a plethora of things...am nt there yet though, still av a lot to learn. But am better nw.
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Mascotizer: 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
Creamish:

It takes a whole lot to get someone to change a behaviour...especially a dominant behaviour. Even if she changes, it's only temporary till she gets what she wants - Marriage. Once she is married, she goes back to the way she has always been..

It's like what you guys drum in our ears daily...a man who cheats cannot change.. U cant change a man..bla bla bla.. What makes this case any different?

@OP... U know how she is. Decide if u can deal with it or not (all sentiments aside). If U can't, please move on. A more patient man/someone more compatible will come her way. That's the reality.

Thanks bro...that has always been my concern.
Buh que sera sera!
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Tkini(f): 6:37am On Feb 24, 2016
Mascotizer:

Eyah, dnt give up dear. All u need to do is to be humble enough to learn from ur past relationships. I was a very bad lover in my past relatioships, but over time i ve learnt a plethora of things...am nt there yet though, still av a lot to learn. But am better nw.
it's not abt not giving up......av tried a few times to see if it can still work, but apparently am not meant to have or be in a relationship. And for now I think am doing fine without any
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Roseey0(f): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2016
Most Tom boys act same way. But they are the best lovers wen u harness them properly.
Just see her as a JNR sis that lacks those affectionate connection and guide her into becoming the most emotional person you can ever think of.

Everyone is emotional just that some people have the ability to always put their head above their heart which is mostly uncommon among ladies.

Don't tell her , show her how to. As for communication, learn to discuss other subjects apart from the lovely lovey thing.Discuss future plans, business, politics, before you talk about love. Make sure you end on a lovely lovely note. Tell her lovely things and insist she says her part too. It's not going to be easy but believe me she will appreciate you forever.

I have been there. My ex use to tease me that he deserves an award from turning my James bond heart to something else.
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Roseey0(f): 7:29am On Feb 24, 2016
Tkini:

it's not abt not giving up......av tried a few times to see if it can still work, but apparently am not meant to have or be in a relationship. And for now I think am doing fine without any
That's what we all say. Love is a beautiful thing. All you need is someone thAt will patiently guide you cos it's not just your thing.
When you experience the real deal,u won't want to be out of relationship even if it's for a second.
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Menzy86(m): 7:55am On Feb 24, 2016
Tkini:

its not as bad as it seems babe. There is nothing more comforting for me than leaving a rship knowing I hav given my possible all. At d point of leaving, d hurt is usually mine but months and even years af I have forgotten d hurt of d experience, I find out that such ladies still struggle to keep in touch, and begin to apologise unreservedly 4 their bad behaviour. It's happened to me thrice already and I've learnt that its good to be good. Might not always b d case but d comfort and rest of mind one gets in d long run is soothing IF u have a conscience. Sorry 4 ur experience but u dont sound bad to me. Dwell more on d good side of u and be happy!
Re: HELP! My Relationship Is Sinking. Should I Break Up With Her OR Salvage It? by Tkini(f): 9:16am On Feb 24, 2016
Roseey0:

That's what we all say. Love is a beautiful thing. All you need is someone thAt will patiently guide you cos it's not just your thing.
When you experience the real deal,u won't want to be out of relationship even if it's for a second.
DTS y I said for now am kinda okay with my status now................if its supposed to be am sure its going to work out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What A Nairalander Achieved In Less Than 2 Years [photo] / For All Of You Who Feels Tiwa Savage Didnt Help Teebillz Enough Check This Photo / +*********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.