Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? (1460 Views)

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? / I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! / A Girl Asked Me If I Have A Gf, What Does This Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hello guys. I feel so down at the moment. I introduced my GF to my parents. They seem to like her at 1st now they are saying I should drop her because shes half calabar. Her dad is Imo and her mum is calabar. I am from Anambra. I love her so much and would love her to be my wifey. How do I convince my parents who are angry at the moment. They are even threatening to disown me. I hustle and i stay alone. What do I do embarassed
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sorry
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
You are a man and you have the right to make your own choices, especially when it comes to choosing who you are going to spend the rest of your life with. Your parents have no right whatsoever to dictate who you should or should not marry. I didn't see any reasonable reason they gave as to why you shouldn't marry the girl except that she is half calabar. A reason which in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous and laced with prejudice and tribal bigotry.

Good thing you aren't living off of them. You are your own man and you should make your own decisions and stick to it. They won't disown you. They are just blabbing. Show them you love this girl and make them see it and make them believe it. They will have no choice but to give you a go ahead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by yaqq: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
y u no go like Calabar girl, jst tell u dad wat u re enjoying indoors he should understand! Calabar chics BJ na die aswear
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
Thanks Decker. U get mouth
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Kingsasian(m): 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
yaqq:
y u no go like Calabar girl, jst tell u dad wat u re enjoying indoors he should understand! Calabar chics BJ na die aswear
abi
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by ggrin(f): 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ehyaundecided
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
obitee69:
Hello guys. I feel so down at the moment. I introduced my GF to my parents. They seem to like her at 1st now they are saying I should drop her because shes half calabar. Her dad is Imo and her mum is calabar. I am from Anambra. I love her so much and would love her to be my wifey. How do I convince my parents who are angry at the moment. They are even threatening to disown me. I hustle and i stay alone. What do I do embarassed

Let me tell u one bitter truth my brother. Anambra don't like marrying Imo or any other Igbo tribe talk less of Calabar. They only
regard their fellow ANAMBRA people or at worse ENUGU.
They were trying not to hurt ur feelings at first but in the end, they have to look for a flimsy excuses just to get rid of her.
Another thing that will be a problem is the issue of "OSU". Ask ur Mum about what I just said if u don't believe me...
By the way, start looking for someone else because it's already a lost course.

OBSERVATION: This is where BIAFRA is going to have a very BIG ISSUE if they succeed eventually...

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by JudgementHammer: 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Guy take am easy and patiently. U need ur parents blessing if u must have a prosperous marriage. So wait till their anger goes down and calmly approach them. Don't marry without their blessing o.
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
dukeolumde:

Let me tell u one bitter truth my brother. Anambra don't like marrying Imo or any other Igbo tribe talk less of Calabar. They only
regard their fellow ANAMBRA people or at worse ENUGU.
They were trying not to hurt ur feelings at first but in the end, they have to look for a flimsy excuses just to get rid of her.
Another thing that will be a problem is the issue of "OSU". Ask ur Mum about what I just said if u don't believe me...
By the way, start looking for someone else because it's already a lost course.

OBSERVATION: This is where BIAFRA is going to have a very BIG ISSUE if they succeed eventually...

I'm in the 21st century.....soo all imo people are Osu?smh....this is plain 19th century reasoning
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
obitee69:

I'm in the 21st century.....soo all imo people are Osu?smh....this is plain 19th century reasoning

Read what I said correctly and stop misquoting/misunderstanding me. It's an issue I pointed out DUMBO...Geeeeezzzz angry
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by jmichlins(m): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2016
Her waistline action is the issue if you know what am saying. A cheating wife is trouble for the husband and family and that is the problem they have with her. Your people hate outsiders especially imo state cause they believe that they are promiscous and then you added calabar to it?
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Davidolives(m): 1:36am On Feb 25, 2016
dukeolumde:

Read what I said correctly and stop misquoting/misunderstanding me. It's an issue I pointed out DUMBO...Geeeeezzzz angry
lolzzzz guy u dey vex ooooooo

back to the matter

when will parents let go?
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by goldbim(f): 7:47am On Feb 25, 2016
They seem to like her @first??hmmm.maybe there's something they are not telling you..you know African parents and theway they go for prayers when it come to choosing a life partner for their kids..maybe it's nt just the tribe thing..jst saying.
Nevertheless,if you are convinced she's the right one for you,insist and keep making them see reasons with you.but it's nt going to be easy,bro..cos what an elder can see while sitting,achild can't see even when he climbs a ladder.bestof luck.
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 25, 2016
goldbim:
They seem to like her @first??hmmm.maybe there's something they are not telling you..you know African parents and theway they go for prayers when it come to choosing a life partner for their kids..maybe it's nt just the tribe thing..jst saying.
Nevertheless,if you are convinced she's the right one for you,insist and keep making them see reasons with you.but it's nt going to be easy,bro..cos what an elder can see while sitting,achild can't see even when he climbs a ladder.bestof luck.

Not all old folks are correct. They love her appearance and manners but right from the 1st day my dad has been advicing against calabar. My mum was neutral now he has poisoned her mind. My bae is wife material 100percent. I have dated countless girls no one can match her in every level. I'v never seen 80percent of wat I want. I found that in her
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by goldbim(f): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2016
obitee69:

Not all old folks are correct. They love her appearance and manners but right from the 1st day my dad has been advicing against calabar. My mum was neutral now he has poisoned her mind. My bae is wife material 100percent. I have dated countless girls no one can match her in every level. I'v never seen 80percent of wat I want. I found that in her
that's serious..all I can say is take it to God in prayers.!because your happiness is paramount in all..also,talk to elderly people that are close to your parents and you know your parents respect soo much.it might work.
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by firstking01(m): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2016
Igbo people and tribalism undecided
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by kidman96(m): 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
obitee69:

If she is worth ignore ur parents.
Re: My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? by LOUIS6(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
obitee69:
am also facing thesame problem right now... We are madly in love with each other. My bae is 100 percent wife material, but My parents are saying dat they dont like her background. We have been draging this issue for months.. Still yet dem know wan hear. Na untill i finally give her belle, na dat time dem go understand

(1) (Reply)

We Imagined Nigerian Celebrities In Secondary School And Here’s What We Came Up / I Dont Believe In Marriage,it's Bullshit / How To Give Her The Most Mind-blowing Org*sm Of Her Life Tonigh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.