Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? (12348 Views)

Can Any Atheist Anywhere In The World Provide A Reasonable Answer To This ? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Can ANY Atheist Explain This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Weah96: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Weah96 That argument is weak. Try another one.

Do you agree that logic exists?

Once again, Jesus in the Bible didn't ask Thomas whether his shoe was imaginary or if the breeze was real. He presented material evidence in the presence of witnesses. That was his way of PROVING his existence.

Why are you here asking about logic and roommates? Don't you read the Bible?
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Are you saying logic laws are not constant?

A=B sometimes?

Is 2+2 not equal to 4 irrespective of upbringing, reasoning capacity, self interests, desires?

Stop confusing yourself , the Bible already does that for you.
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 02, 2016
taurus25:

have you noticed that thats how religionists argue all the time.....e.g
1) man has digestive system, therefore god exists
2) man has brains , therefore god exists
3) man has blood , therefore god exists
4) the earth has water and is in the goldilockzone therefore god exist.

poor logic!!!

Calling it poor logic is even giving them a little credit/credibility , there's no logic in it.
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Weah96 That argument is weak. Try another one.

Do you agree that logic exists?
okay. Let's do this. you and I. having a mature discussion.

I agree that Logic exists. my reason for this is that logic is consistent and objective. it is not subjective at all.

The problem with logic and everything is the premise. if you have a faulty premise, you CANNOT be expected to have a sensible conclusion. and that is the problem.

A = B. ONLY if A is equal to something Else, which is equal to B. or if there is a requirement in there somewhere.

The issue of disagreement with atheists and theists is their premise. they observe the same things, and they come to very different conclusions. these conclusions are then used as premises in order to determine whether God exists or not.

for instance. I will give an example.

A sand castle is observed on a beach, and they have absolutely no evidence pointing to anything which could have designed it. now, a sand castle has patterns. it is not utter chaos. now, in a theist mind, patterns are associated with intelligence. in an atheist mind, patterns are subjective.

now, the theist will of course, argue that the sand castle MUST have been built by a human. the atheist will argue, not necessarily. now, the theist has the burden of proof. and he will argue that there is no known natural phenomenon that can make a sand castle to exist. except humans. now, the atheist now has to prove that this is incorrect by citing a phenomenon, besides humans, that can make a sandcastle. if he can't the theist wins, if he can, then the theist has to prove that he is incorrect by citing something that would prevent that pheomenon from being responsible for the sandcastle. for instance, if the Atheist suggested termites, the theist can argue, what would a termite be doing on a beach?

now, extend that to the cosmos. we are here, and we are in this seemingly beautiful world. with lots of recognizable patterns. again, the theist mind associates pattern with intelligence. the atheist insists that pattern can be associated with other things. so, the theist has asserted that a being with extraordinary intelligence must have been responsible for the incredible pattern in the universe. So, he must prove that there is no known natural phenomenon that can make this pattern.

but he can't. because the atheist already has things like evolution, the big bang, stellar genesis, theory of gravity, weathering . . . and so on and so forth, that the theist HAS to prove wrong in order to put God as the only prime mover of the universe.

So the problem here, is that of proving that all he alternative causes of pattern in the universe, that the atheist has suggested, is in fact incapable of being those causes. and this is the core of the argument. every decade, the atheists keep getting more and more alternative explanations to the pattern in the universe which the theists are finding harder and harder to disprove. and the theist has one book, which, is only valid if the theist has Already proven God exists. so it's not helping here . . .

So, If you want to win this argument, you have ONE task. you must make a self consistent theory that explains the limits of the theories of the atheists in explaining the the universe. and then, we will conduct experiments, and we should find these limits. If we do, you have won over the logical atheists. of course, some will still remain atheist. but you will have appealed to the logical ones.

for an example of this. here is an atheist model that predicts the limits of the theistic theory. and which has been confirmed through experiment.

A JudeoChristian God cannot exist because in the book he has supposedly written, he promises to answer prayers. since he has earlier promised to keep his word, and has earlier promised that his word is true, Then prayers should work. If prayers do not work in a scientifically controlled experiment, then we can conclude that he does not exist.

countless such experiments have been conducted and we have found that prayer has no effect of any kind in any situation.

This has made many logical theists into atheists. so, I am expecting your theist version.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by frank317: 4:35am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
gringrin Someone should guess why i am laughing undecided smiley

Like seriously? This is the best you have to offer? You were supposed to be the logical, intellectual, smart one but....well only those with high expectations always feel disappointment more. Not me. smiley

U read a sentence and failed to read or answer the backup statement and question that followed? Is this how ur brain process things or did I just render u speechless?

Yet no prove of God? So if u can't prove God despite all your noise that it's simple and reasonable to know...what really are u worshipping?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 02, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Stop confusing yourself , the Bible already does that for you.
If you notice, atheists on here are the confused ones. They cant even explain logic and how it works. undecided
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by frank317: 7:05am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
If you notice, atheists on here are the confused ones. They cant even explain logic and how it works. undecided

The problem is u dont even know what logic is...how then can u b helped?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 02, 2016
Teempakguy, good good. You are the only one that has accurately defined how logic operates. It exists, it is consistent, objective and not subjective at all.. Brilliant cool

Now, If logic is objective it then follows that it must be universally relied upon when it comes to thinking. And whatever conclusion logical processes lead us to we must to a very very large extent accept it as true.

You have a good example but it does not fit in to the theism/atheism debate of existence. Why? because when a theist sees a design, meaningful /meaningless one, he associates it with something. He thinks someone/thing is responsible for this. On the other hand, the atheist says nothing absolutely is responsible for this except he is presented with material proofs/evidence. (Note for the atheist, he only thinks this way when it comes to religion and not in his everyday life as demonstrated by frank317)

Further more, the sand castle is a weak example because i do not think any theist would be so impressed by the patterns to the point of associating them with high intelligence. Notwithstanding, some might find it mind-blowing and not a bad thing if God uses a creature of his to design patterns on sand castle.

Have you seen the case i gave frank
317 above? he said he would believe to an extent that his friend is responsible for the mess even when he was absent from the scene and with no records to show as evidence. What do you think is responsible for frank317 conclusion? Do you think he is being logical or delusional?

Again. Why do you think there is A DISAGREEMENT btw atheists and theists? Do you think it is because your senses tell you how to recognise a disagreement or you know what disagreement is from past experiences or lets say empirical evidence?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 02, 2016
frank317:

Okay what is logic? how atheists think? smiley
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by geesampower(m): 7:34am On Mar 02, 2016
frank317:

Hardmirror has said it all with his first post here indeed. This is like trying to explain Logic to a baby. The girl is having fun obviously, she is not the type you engage in intelligent discuss. Please just let her be.
Speechless I am not interested in anything you have to say so don't bother quoting me. I know what you are enjoying is the attention you are getting and the opportunity to feel like a winner. Being a christain does not mean being foolish. Belief in God is personal, you can't prove God this way. Without FAITH, there is no Christianity. I believe in God anyway. But this is the most ridiculous attempt at trying to convince atheists of anything. I hope you grow someday, only then can you laugh at yourself. For now it is pointless explaining anything to you, you just decan't understand
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 02, 2016
geesampower:

Hardmirror has said it all with his first post here indeed. This is like trying to explain Logic to a baby. The girl is having fun obviously, she is not the type you engage in intelligent discuss. Please just let her be.
Speechless I am not interested in anything you have to say so don't bother quoting me. I know what you are enjoying is the attention you are getting and the opportunity to feel like a winner. Being a christain does not mean being foolish. Belief in God is personal, you can't prove God this way. Without FAITH, there is no Christianity. I believe in God anyway. But this is the most ridiculous attempt at trying to convince atheists of anything. I hope you grow someday, only then can you laugh at yourself. For now it is pointless explaining anything to you, you just decan't understand
buhahahahaha you are clearly without sense. Bye smiley
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by ashjay001(m): 8:03am On Mar 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Just listen to yourself.
"The religious man thinks with his head, the atheist thinks with his heart because he feels offended by god..."
Geez! You must be really shallow minded o. What is think with head and heart? What do you mean by "offended by god" which god?
Lol.
If I see an abandoned car, I don't assume anything. Hope that answers your question.
If you ask me how the car got there and I don't know how it got there, I will tell you, "I don't know". Stop assuming things on my behalf

If u see an abandoned car, u assume a lot of things! That's what humans do. What u reply now depends on who wants to know.

To a policeman- I don't know
To ur son/friends/family- u postulate away, and even investigate.
To the gullible- u drag up supernatural connotations.

Most likely, ur son will grow up believing whatever sh-t postulation u come up with, until he happens upon d ans or passes same sh-t to his off-spring.

When u dig deep, u discover, no-one is sure of anything, so whatever they choose to believe in, is at their discretion.
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by taurus25(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Calling it poor logic is even giving them a little credit/credibility , there's no logic in it.
grin
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2016
Atheists are not willing to dismiss common sense/logical reasoning that is abstract because they cant do without it but they are not willing to nurse the thought of invisible realities that demand accountability.Loooooooooooooooooooooooool cheesygrin

Am a theist, i choose common sense in all things. If something cannot be reasoned, i dismiss it as illogical delusional nonsense angry

smiley

1 Like

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 02, 2016
Weah96:

Once again, Jesus in the Bible didn't ask Thomas whether his shoe was imaginary or if the breeze was real. He presented material evidence in the presence of witnesses. That was his way of PROVING his existence.

Why are you here asking about logic and roommates? Don't you read the Bible?

Can we start by demonstrating logic with what you believe
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 02, 2016
ashjay001:

If u see an abandoned car, u assume a lot of things! That's what humans do.
Good. Will assuming nothing is the cause be sensible?
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Teempakguy, good good. You are the only one that has accurately defined how logic operates. It exists, it is consistent, objective and not subjective at all.. Brilliant cool

Now, If logic is objective it then follows that it must be universally relied upon when it comes to thinking. And whatever conclusion logical processes lead us to we must to a very very large extent accept it as true.

You have a good example but it does not fit in to the theism/atheism debate of existence. Why? because when a theist sees a design, meaningful /meaningless one, he associates it with something. He thinks someone/thing is responsible for this. On the other hand, the atheist says nothing absolutely is responsible for this except he is presented with material proofs/evidence. (Note for the atheist, he only thinks this way when it comes to religion and not in his everyday life as demonstrated by frank317)

Further more, the sand castle is a weak example because i do not think any theist would be so impressed by the patterns to the point of associating them with high intelligence. Notwithstanding, some might find it mind-blowing and not a bad thing if God uses a creature of his to design patterns on sand castle.

Have you seen the case i gave frank
317 above? he said he would believe to an extent that his friend is responsible for the mess even when he was absent from the scene and with no records to show as evidence. What do you think is responsible for frank317 conclusion? Do you think he is being logical or delusional?

Again. Why do you think there is A DISAGREEMENT btw atheists and theists? Do you think it is because your senses tell you how to recognize a disagreement or you know what disagreement is from past experiences or lets say empirical evidence?

Okay. let me treat this in a numbered list.

1. yes. Since logic is objective, it follows that it's results should be universally acclaimed . . . IF the premises were objective. this is why mathematics and philosophy are different. both fields use logic extensively. but mathematics uses objective premises. whereas, Philosophy uses subjective ones. as you can see, mathematics is widely accepted. but philosophy is thoroughly debated. even by philosophers themselves.

2. All humans believe that there is something responsible for design. ironically, both theists and atheists believe the universe we now live in was designed. the argument is based on the motion that the designer is a super intelligent, super powerful, and passive-agressive personal God that originated from ancient Mesopotamia.
I will repeat this Again for emphasis. The Atheist argument is not that the universe was designed by nothing. It is that it was not designed by who or what you think designed it. I.e Your God. This is exactly how you feel about the 4299 other religions in the world except yours. Atheists only take it one step further.

3. To be fair, frank317 did not say that he would believe that nothing was responsible, he said he would ask his friend IF it was he who was responsible for the scattered room.

4. the case of the sand castle was brought up to showcase the difference in the thought process of the theist vs the atheist. It was not meant to be the piéta of examples. And I recall I did not assert that the theist would assume that it was the product of high intelligence. I said the theist would argue that the sand castle was an human project.

5. He is being logical. there is a good logical explanation for him believing his friend was responsible. his friend has access to his room. his friend is an untidy person. he comes home one day and finds the room untidy. this can only be made by someone who has access to the room, and who is willing to make it untidy. All evidence points to his friend as the culprit. And a well known logical tool known as occam's razor is on his side.
But then, he still refuses to make a conclusive opinion until he ASKS his friend if he is responsible. what would be Illogical, for example, would be frank assuming that his village witches are responsible for the mess.

6. well, I know there is a disagreement between atheists and theists because of past experiences. but that's just how my brain works. you can discern disagreements with logic. one negates the other. you can also discern disagreements by feeding the issue to a computer. It will not be able to process it.

Logic is, as always, objective. it is the subjective premises that we put into it, that result in the subjective conclusions we arrive at. and these will always be subjective.. not because logic is, but because we are.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 02, 2016
smileysmileysmiley
Teempakguy
1, If two people agree on one premise, their conclusions will be the same. In this case,

No 1 premise: The universe is a complex design.
No 2 premise: All designs have designers
Conclusion: The universe has a designer.

2, True all of us believe that something is responsible for design. However there are some designs, because of their complexity and nature, we cannot associate with just anything. A good example is the computer system. Two rational men who are just seeing a computer for the first time would IMMEDIATELY know that a designer is responsible. What informs them? their rational sense? or non-existing past experience? Plus will they think natural occurence like a bang or some lower animal will produce something so organised and sensible and usable as a computer? not even a chance out of millions will they reason that way!

3, Frank317 said he would believe to an extent that his friend is responsible. There is 9/10 chance that all humans will reason like him too. Why? Even if we entertain 1/10 chance that it is not the friend, it is for enough proofs that someone else is responsible. If they are not provided, we would continue to hold the friend responsible.

4, No qualms.

5, Good. You agree he is logical because of some evidence: The only one apart from him who has access to the room; His friend is an untidy person; And he found the room unkept when re returned therefore it is most likely his friend.
Why most likely and not certainly? because he has no first hand proof or he did not catch his friend in the act. Even without this, frank317 will be using common sense if he holds his friend responsible. You here people say "use your head na" "this is simple sense" etc why? because you dont need physical evidence before making judgement most times.

And as for those always quick to associate things with witches. They do not speak for us and who knows they might have personal experience of spirituality that we cannot fathom. However they may be wrong too.

6, Hold on, you cant know what disagreement is except through past experiences? This is funny. You cant know when you are in disagreement with someone except you apeal to past experience? You cant trust your sense to tell you when you disagree?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by ashjay001(m): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Good. Will assuming nothing is the cause be sensible?

I believe in a supreme entity, though I don't believe, I must practice any religion to access IT.

Sensible/Logical is relative.
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2016
ashjay001:

I believe in a supreme entity, though I don't believe, I must practice any religion to access IT.

Sensible/Logical is relative.
Logic is relative lipsrsealed If thats the case, there is no truth. All we have are opinions. Agree?
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by ashjay001(m): 10:28am On Mar 02, 2016
Teempakguy:

Okay. let me treat this in a numbered list.

1. yes. Since logic is objective, it follows that it's results should be universally acclaimed . . . IF the premises were objective. this is why mathematics and philosophy are different. both fields use logic extensively. but mathematics uses objective premises. whereas, Philosophy uses subjective ones. as you can see, mathematics is widely accepted. but philosophy is thoroughly debated. even by philosophers themselves.

2. All humans believe that there is something responsible for design. ironically, both theists and atheists believe the universe we now live in was designed. the argument is based on the motion that the designer is a super intelligent, super powerful, and passive-agressive personal God that originated from ancient Mesopotamia.
I will repeat this Again for emphasis. The Atheist argument is not that the universe was designed by nothing. It is that it was not designed by who or what you think designed it. I.e Your God. This is exactly how you feel about the 4299 other religions in the world except yours. Atheists only take it one step further.

3. To be fair, frank317 did not say that he would believe that nothing was responsible, he said he would ask his friend IF it was he who was responsible for the scattered room.

4. the case of the sand castle was brought up to showcase the difference in the thought process of the theist vs the atheist. It was not meant to be the piéta of examples. And I recall I did not assert that the theist would assume that it was the product of high intelligence. I said the theist would argue that the sand castle was an human project.

5. He is being logical. there is a good logical explanation for him believing his friend was responsible. his friend has access to his room. his friend is an untidy person. he comes home one day and finds the room untidy. this can only be made by someone who has access to the room, and who is willing to make it untidy. All evidence points to his friend as the culprit. And a well known logical tool known as occam's razor is on his side.
But then, he still refuses to make a conclusive opinion until he ASKS his friend if he is responsible. what would be Illogical, for example, would be frank assuming that his village witches are responsible for the mess.

6. well, I know there is a disagreement between atheists and theists because of past experiences. but that's just how my brain works. you can discern disagreements with logic. one negates the other. you can also discern disagreements by feeding the issue to a computer. It will not be able to process it.

Logic is, as always, objective. it is the subjective premises that we put into it, that result in the subjective conclusions we arrive at. and these will always be subjective.. not because logic is, but because we are.

Who said God originated in Mesopotamia?

Concerning Frank; what should he believe if his friend denies involvement with a solid alibi? This Frank story can go on n on, and u then arrive at that point where its either d village witches(Theism) or wait for physical evidence(Atheism) of what actually happened!
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Atheists say "A thing is true because the way i choose to reason says its true." grin
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by ashjay001(m): 10:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Logic is relative lipsrsealed If thats the case, there is no truth. All we have are opinions. Agree?

Definitely! Walking in my shoes n all that. Though, d way u stated it; "all we have are opinions", makes it sound nonsensical.

There is a Truth, we just don't have physical unshakeable evidence of it.

Its just illogical that we have pple(atheists) who have never experienced, directly or indirectly, confounding unexplained events(miracles)?
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 02, 2016
ashjay001:

Definitely! Walking in my shoes n all that. Though, d way u stated it; "all we have are opinions", makes it sound nonsensical.

There is a Truth, we just don't have physical unshakeable evidence of it.

Its just illogical that we have pple(atheists) who have never experienced, directly or indirectly, confounding unexplained events(miracles)?
If there is truth, how can logic be subjective? If i provide evidence for a thing, cant you choose to still dismiss it as illogical if your standard of reasoning is different from mine? According to you, what i consider logical may be illusion to you and vice versa.
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 02, 2016
Where did this one sense of reasoning originate from? How come it is so firm in us that to throw it away is to embrace insanity cheesy but we cant see it!shocked yet we trust it to make judgements for us smileysmiley grin
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by ashjay001(m): 10:56am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
If there is truth, how can logic be subjective? If i provide evidence for a thing, cant you choose to still dismiss it as illogical if your standard of reasoning is different from mine? According to you, what i consider logical may be illusion to you and vice versa.

My take being, until we have unshakeable proof/evidence of the truth, everything else is subjective. Each individual retains the right to thread his/her path based on available reasoning! As u rightly said, ur logic can be my illusion.
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 02, 2016
ashjay001:

My take being, until we have unshakeable proof/evidence of the truth, everything else is subjective. Each individual retains the right to thread his/her path based on available reasoning! As u rightly said, ur logic can be my illusion.
Sigh read inbtw the lines of your posts. You are contradicting yourself smiley
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
smileysmileysmiley
Teempakguy
1, If two people agree on one premise, their conclusions will be the same. In this case,

No 1 premise: The universe is a complex design.
No 2 premise: All designs have designers
Conclusion: The universe has a designer.

2, True all of us believe that something is responsible for design. However there are some designs, because of their complexity and nature, we cannot associate with just anything. A good example is the computer system. Two rational men who are just seeing a computer for the first time would IMMEDIATELY know that a designer is responsible. What informs them? their rational sense? or non-existing past experience? Plus will they think natural occurence like a bang or some lower animal will produce something so organised and sensible and usable as a computer? not even a chance out of millions will they reason that way!

3, Frank317 said he would believe to an extent that his friend is responsible. There is 9/10 chance that all humans will reason like him too. Why? Even if we entertain 1/10 chance that it is not the friend, it is for enough proofs that someone else is responsible. If they are not provided, we would continue to hold the friend responsible.

4, No qualms.

5, Good. You agree he is logical because of some evidence: The only one apart from him who has access to the room; His friend is an untidy person; And he found the room unkept when re returned therefore it is most likely his friend.
Why most likely and not certainly? because he has no first hand proof or he did not catch his friend in the act. Even without this, frank317 will be using common sense if he holds his friend responsible. You here people say "use your head na" "this is simple sense" etc why? because you dont need physical evidence before making judgement most times.

And as for those always quick to associate things with witches. They do not speak for us and who knows they might have personal experience of spirituality that we cannot fathom. However they may be wrong too.

6, Hold on, you cant know what disagreement is except through past experiences? This is funny. You cant know when you are in disagreement with someone except you apeal to past experience? You cant trust your sense to tell you when you disagree?

1. yes, if two people agree on the same premise, they will arrive at the same conclusion. however, theists and atheist do not agree on the same premise. this is the actual case.
1. The universe is of complex design.
2. All design must have designers.

3. All designers must have humanoid characteristics.

Atheists disagree with theists on 3. It is possible, and in fact, required to have a designer which does not have a humanoid characteristic. because the humanoid character is in itself, a design. and if all designers must be humanoid, then humanoid designers must require other humanoid designer. who in turn will require other humanoid designs.

2. Yes, they can be right to guess that it is made by a human. but if anyone of them can bring up something else, besides a human, that can make a computer, and he cannot be defeated in a battle, then he wins the argument. in fact, a time will come when computers will be so intelligent that humans will be ridiculously dumb and weak to them. we will become a lower animal to them. that does not rob us of the bragging rights.

3. yeah, but if I came and told frank317 that it was I who messed up his room, He can't keep on insisting that his friend did it. that would be illogical. In fact, I can claim there is a rat trapped in the room. which caused all the mess. and as ridiculous as that sounds, he must till consider it. and if in fact, we can deduce that I am reasonably right, It would be wrong for frank to still have 9/10 belief that his friend did it. if we now call his friend and ask him, and his friend denies and gives an alibi, It would be crazy for frank to still insist that his friend MUST be responsible.

Think about it. why is it now that many people are becoming Atheists? It's because for centuries, there have been no alternative explanations for the design of the cosmos. but now, there are, and they have not been refuted yet. by theists or not. You claim that the universe was created by a humanoid being. And I determine that the universe is created by chance. you determine that the universe is designed by a God. I insist that it is designed by natural processes. chaos, condensing into information. your proof is that it MUST be true. my proof is that My theories should support physical evidence.

5. you don't need physical evidence to determine some things. but some things are preposterous to determine without physical evidence. I can say No theist has ever seen God or ever talked to him. All the claims of this happening are just mild schizophrenia. No subject has been able to report God telling him something that he didn't already know. This is no different from grieving people who claim to communicate with dead relatives. brain tricks.
despite this lack of information, theists assume that The God that created the world is all powerful, all knowing, all wise, all Good, they assume literally everything about him. some even go as far as to depict him as an old, wise man in their thoughts. Don't you think this is all Illogical? It is like me seeing a computer and immediately assuming I know everything about the CEO of the company that built it.

6. Trust me on this. you can know NOTHING. without your past experiences. Countless experiments have been conducted on this.(however unethical.) children, Isolated from the world. no experiences. no memories to refer to. they become nothing. just an empty husk. so, yeah, I know that I am disagreement by referring to past experiences. and so do you. trust has nothing to do with this. infact, without a memory, you will have no concept of trust.

My point here is, Atheists are what they are, because they have been presented with multiple explanations of the origin of our cosmos, and they have decided that the one which is most plausible is the one that just so happens to not include your God. Your Job is not to question their logic, but to actively refute these alternative explanations. while fixing the holes in your own.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 02, 2016
ashjay001:

Who said God originated in Mesopotamia?

Concerning Frank; what should he believe if his friend denies involvement with a solid alibi? This Frank story can go on n on, and u then arrive at that point where its either d village witches(Theism) or wait for physical evidence(Atheism) of what actually happened!
Er, about the Mesopotamia . . . I was just talking generally. I assume we all know it is Canaan i was talking about.
and yes. we can go on and on.
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by ashjay001(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2016
Teempakguy:
Er, about the Mesopotamia . . . I was just talking generally. I assume we all know it is Canaan i was talking about.
and yes. we can go on and on.

Meso' or Canaan? To me, God originated with d first man to have unanswered questions. I get u, sha. Thought u were on to something else.

In-btw ur signature is d word!
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by ashjay001(m): 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
Speechless3:
Sigh read inbtw the lines of your posts. You are contradicting yourself smiley

Yep, the same way u think Atheists are contradicting themselves n d same way atheists think theists are contradicting themselves. Read again, u just might get it, all things being equal?!
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
Teempakguy. smileysmileysmiley

1. "All designers are humanoids" is true and not true.
(Notice i said complex design earlier on)
True because no non-humanoid can produce a complex design not because non has ever but because they simply lack the creative ability to do so. Only humans are gifted with such. How do i know past experience is not the primary reason we think so? simple, because the first man or men to design the "first ever design" had no past experience and didnt think past experience was what formed their thoughts. They went ahead to design because they had the inbuilt mental capacity to. Am not saying people dont develop on previous designs, i am only saying experience is not the primary cause.

False because God is God and not a human or man. We can call him a being who sometimes demonstrates his powers with human attributes in order to effect communication with us, seeing that we are a people of earthly reasoning. The Almighty would have to reach us in the best possible way we can understand. Does that make him human/humanoid? Does God have hands, legs? no but these are things that are sometimes attributed to him. Simple figurative device is used. If i want to draw the attention of a cat and i begin to "meeuw" does that make me a cat? grin

2, Ok fine. What are the chances that a nonhuman can design a computer. 0.00, 0.01, 0.02? If there was any other chance apart from human intelligence wont your sense of reasoning inform you? What are the odds that your brain will ever come up with something like a non-humanoid computer designer.

For example, when the europeans came down to africa with their weapons/guns/live ammunitions did any african conceive, even subconciously, that those weapons/guns were designed by non humans. No. They all agreed they were made by the whites...humans Did they have any experience of seeing white people design them. Really no. Common sense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Secret Sins & Consequences / Happy 75th Birthday To Pastor Adeboye / What's Your Best Psalm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.