Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU (21942 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
emaculate99:
But you failed to understand that not all the lecturers in universities are professors.

Moreover, it will be wrong to say that an individual who is intellectually strong than a BSc holder is not strong because he is not a BSc holder. Certificate is no determiner of what someone's intellectual make up.
this is where self development comes in and at such certificate a better certificate is a booster
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by luxanne(f): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
emaculate99:

Are we done with the debate? Can we post our conclusions?

Sure you can smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by luxanne(f): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
emaculate99:

Are we done with the debate? Can we post our conclusions?

Sure you can smiley

Cc.

Ehisdan, Joejonah, OAUTemitayo
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by emaculate99: 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
ehisdan:
this is where self development comes in and at such certificate a better certificate is a booster
That is what you have failed to see since. Self development is what can bring technological development and innovative ideas. There are lot of HND holders out there who have developed themselves far better than a BSc holder. Giving them the same opportunity through equation of degree will afford the HND holders the opportunity to use their intellects to develop the country technologically and innovatively. Without that equation, Nigeria might shut out some best brains from her system because of certificate discrimination and thereby resulting to the opposite of technological advancement.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
emaculate99:
That is what you have failed to see since. Self development is what can bring technological development and innovative ideas. There are lot of HND holders out there who have developed themselves far better than a BSc holder. Giving them the same opportunity through equation of degree will afford the HND holders the opportunity to use their intellects to develop the country technologically and innovatively. Without that equation, Nigeria might shut out some best brains from her system because of certificate discrimination and thereby resulting to the opposite of technological advancement.
Scroll back to page 0 and read my conclusion
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
emaculate99:
Hnd has its role to play while bsc has its role to play these two are different bodies should be treated as such rather than equating them.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Thomsyne(m): 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
Fynestboi it's 20 past 10 we re waiting
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by emaculate99: 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
The hallmark of a democratic society is equality. Equality among the citizens in the enjoyment of social amenities, equality of rights, obligation and opportunities as posited in section 16 and 17 of the CFRN. Section 17(3) however nailed that ‘all citizens, without discrimination on any GROUP whatsoever, have the opportunity for securing means of livelihood as well as adequate opportunity to secure suitable employment.’ It is however constitutionally wrong if the HND and BSC holders are being treated differently because they belong to different groups. This could go on because the provision of chapter 2 which was included to reduce unemployment, political instability, religious instability, and to advance the country technologically inter alia was made non-justiciable by our legislature. However, the provisions in this chapter including the discrimination are embedded in the African Charter as rights and not something that is unjusticiable.

The case of discrimination based on educational certificate is nothing but a violation of the rights of the people to freedom from discrimination which was tactically removed from the original provision of the constitution (s 42) and included in the objectives which are not justiciable because of the scrupulous and barbaric act of dichotomy against the graduates they intend. To make the discrimination between the two certificates holders disappear in the country, we need to make the provisions in chapter 2 of the 1999 constitution justiciable and to ensure the two certificates holders to work together as equals for the benefit of the country technologically and innovatively.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nice debate but lots of gramatical errors.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by luxanne(f): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Am deeply sorry, I can't seem to reach Fynestboi for the scores.

But definitely, he'll be back online to post in the scores.

Thank you all and do have a pleasant night rest.

The floor is however open for all to comment.

Cc.
Ehisdan, Joejonah, Emaculate99, OAUTemitayo
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
emaculate99:
if there are so many people out there who have no opportunity of being in the four walls of higher institution and are technological sound to the point of being able both HND and BSc holders, then that means HND and BSc holders are both inferior to these set of people. if they are both inferior to these set of people, then it will be wrong if we regard BSc as superior to HND holders
Nice one bro
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
Why yet struggling with equating hnd with bsc when means of equation is already provided (PGD). University is a sector different from polytechnic in terms of management, flow of study and skills acquisition. The two should be taking differently and treated differently. btech for polytechnic and bsc for university and the government concentrate on making polytechnic more presentable, attractive and condusive for it's purpose of establishment rather than creating equality commotion which has led to the discrimination in terms of job hunting and salary scheme. let those from the University independently be and those from the polytechnic independently be in there various of expertise. polytechnic was technologically oriented but now reverse is the case, the injection of non tecnical courses into the system is the sole of the discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
OAUTemitayo:

Because law is not studied studied in Nigerian polytechnics does not mean Nigerian university graduates are better than them.
Polytechnics were established solely for the provision of technical manpower. That they also study business administration is not a point. Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta was established solely for agricultural purpose yet it is admitting students to study Banking and finance today. Loss of sense of purpose is a Nigerian problem and not peculiar to polytechnics alone.
nice one bro cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Cutehector(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
tosyne2much:
Nice one bro
sometimes I wonder if there is anything like polytechnic abroad.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
Joejonah:

I thought you knew the difference between graduate assistant and lecturers. Those first class are genius in making, despite this they are not allowed to lecture 300 level students and above. Come to the polytechnic and see your fellow students (course Mate) been assigned course to lecture you by the lecturers
How did you come into such a myopic assertion?
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by rilad01(m): 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nice. Writeup
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by pendusky(m): 11:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Cutehector:

Lol

Google List of Polytechnic in UK or US
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 11:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
ehisdan:
I am not saying its only the polytechnic sorting is practiced that is why I used the word easily, meaning it can be practiced in university but on difficult level. a student can easily approach a lecturer who is bsc, msc and hnd holder for anything and these are the main lecturers in the polytechnic but very difficult to approach a professor or a doctor or PhD holder which are main lecturers in the University. I learn a case of a student who bought a gift for his professor and the professor returned the gift. He is well loaded good pay and need no external dirt to ternish his image.
I see no atom of sense in the emboldened... You don't have to be a professor before you reject gifts from students
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by yuzjet(m): 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
The notion that Bsc holder is better than HND holder is a fallacy. It's obvious that this certificates discrimination is bringing us down technologically and innovatively.

If equating them can't be achieved, I believe something must be done to put an end to the dichotomy crisis surrounding the certificates.

We need to go back for a proper orientations concerning the two certificates, as each of the Bsc and HND holders has a role to play in the development of this great nation Nigeria, but discrimination won't surely help.

To all the debaters, my hat is off!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by sauceEEP(m): 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
I can't believe polytechnic students are saying all these trash about a poly, anyway it's a debate.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by yuzjet(m): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
tosyne2much:
I see no atom of sense in the emboldened... You don't have to be a professor before you reject gifts from students

SECONDED

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by emaculate99: 11:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
yuzjet:
The notion that Bsc holder is better than HND holder is a fallacy. It's obvious that this certificates discrimination is bringing us down technologically and innovatively.

If equating them can't be achieved, I believe something must be done to put an end to the dichotomy crisis surrounding the certificates.

We need to go back for a proper orientations concerning the two certificates, as each of the Bsc and HND holders has a role to play in the development of this great nation Nigeria, but discrimination won't surely help.

To all the debaters, my hat is off!
Yuz don talk! Igi Iwe ooo!

Nice one bro
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
emaculate99:
you didn't get i guess. International companies are not interested in the discrimination but Nigerian companies including the public sector are the one fanning this discrimination. The need of this debate is for the Nigerian government and private Nigerian companies to understand and follow the steps of these international companies as merit is what is necessary for technological development and innovative ideas and not mere discrimination of certificates which is not the true measure of one's intellectual capacity.
Sir, I have been reading your comments and I must say that you are indeed a scholar

I like when people argue with logics and that's what you have been doing
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Cutehector(m): 11:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
pendusky:

Lol

it's just a diploma..... nothing else
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by emaculate99: 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
tosyne2much:
Sir, I have been reading your comments and I must say that you are indeed a scholar

I like when people argue with logics and that's what you have been doing
Wow! Thank you very much sir
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 11:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
Cutehector:
Of course there is bro... Banky W bagged a Bsc from a polytechnic in UK or so
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Cutehector(m): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
tosyne2much:
Of course there is bro... Banky W bagged a Bsc from a polytechnic in UK or so
so why naija own come dey different? Why na hnd wey dem dey confer.. Nigeria sha.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
if polytechnics are shallow, why do established institutions accept applications from HND holders for same vacancies that BSC holders are applying for?
Isn't that a tactical acceptance of HND holders as equals of BSC holders?
I bow for your intelligence bro

Keep up the good work cool
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tempem: 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
pendusky:

Lol

She was only kidding.. I know you know that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Cutehector:
so why naija own come dey different? Why na hnd wey dem dey confer.. Nigeria sha.
You sef suppose don know Nigeria... In Nigeria, discrimination is now our tradition. We do anything to bring down the entity of others just to uplift ours

Do you know that Bscs are not even equivalent in Nigeria?.. A Bsc holder from OOU may even be discriminated against his Bsc counterpart from Babcock or Unilag... All I know is that a Bsc holder who feels he's superior to an HND holder will also experience discrimination whether by a person with a better result or reputable institution. *nobody is exempted from discrimination as far as Nigeria is concerned

For Naija, person wey dey use Sienna go discriminate person wey dey use Toyota

Person wey dey wear boutique go discriminate person wey dey wear okrika cheesy

Person wey get big joystick go discriminate person wey get small joystick

Person wey dey Covenant uni go discriminate person wey dey Ekiti State Uni

May God help us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
tosyne2much:
Ok Sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Herd Of Cattle Invade Kogi State University (Photos) / See What Delsu Student Did To This Young Final Year Graduate Yesterday (photos) / School Proprietor Accused Of Flinging Pupils Out Of School Bus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.