Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU (21946 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Guzzy3140: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2016
sauceEEP:
I can't believe polytechnic students are saying all these trash about a poly, anyway it's a debate.
I am so surprise also but just as u said its a debate

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2016
At least I can now rest.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
Fynestboi:
JUDGE Z

Great debate and rebuttals. I am impressed.
You all did well but Ehisdan, you need to work on your punctuations. Bad punctuations made your argument less interesting.[/size]
Bros I understand, I wanted to pull out of the debate due to my tight schedule but my colleague persisted. I just have to squeeze out one hour to the debate for the write up u see up there. And fynestboi didn't help matter at all. That topic is as confusing as anything and at the same irrelevant. Equating hnd with b.sc can not make any change or standardize our technology but government interest in technological advancement will do.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by OlujobaSamuel: 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
This is my first time of actively reading through a debate on NL and am impressed.
joejonah and ehisdan, if not that it's a debate, I don't know how I would have loved to spank you, but you did well considering the tight angle you were placed on the subject.
Emaculate99 and OAUTemitayo, you guys are...... I don't know the best adjective to use.
Everyone did well, including my fellow audience.
Will post my opinion on the subject at hand very soon.
I rep Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro (2012)

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by OlujobaSamuel: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
It is so disheartening that we the so called graduate could descend so low to abuse individual personality base on an issue created by some selfish crooks in governance, we no longer show intellectual prowess but proficiency in stupidity and foolishness.
HND/BSc was never created the same time, initially, the nation started with ND which was for middle level manpower, then BSc was not even in existence in Nigeria, our institutions then were colleges, e.g. UI, their graduates proceed to affiliate schools of such institution abroad for their BSc, with time, we had our own University and started issuing BSc also. With this, Diploma was 2yrs with 1yr compulsory training, while BSc was just 4 to 6yrs depending on the discipline, our curriculum was a template similar to that of Britain, they later introduced HSC, then scrapped and we have HND, all in the name if having a better curriculum to produce a better graduate.
Today, Britain and the world at large have made it a thing of the past to effect a positive change, but here in Nigeria, we seems to love the status quo when it's obvious that it's the most foolish of decision to make.
Irrespective of how fast your academic calendar is, you will not but use 5yrs to acquire a HND cert, while that of BSc can be attained in just 4yrs. I hear people claiming that the admission requirements differ, but to be sincere it's just in respect to UTME, SSCE is the same, it should also be noted that most of the students in Polytechnics are not there by desire but little to no choice which is glaring to all including the authorities.
I sincerely believe there are some gray areas the polytechnic is lacking behind, however, the removal of the dichotomy includes adjusting every part of the curriculum (admission requirements inclusive) to make it on par, you don't expect someone that used 5yrs in a course offers elsewhere for 4yrs but could not have access to it to be ready to give all when such (4yrs) will still be the superior in any industry.
RECOMMENDATION
The federal gov't should upgrade Poly's and Col of Edu that can be upgraded. The curriculum of both should be properly synchronize to give comprehensive academic knowledge. Gov't should create specialization, University (BSc), Polytechnic (B.tech) College of Education (B.Edu), B.Arts, Lb., Med, and other discipline can be merge with that offered by University or probably establish specialized schools for such. Avoid preferential treatment/discrimination for medicine related discipline and law at NYSC level Remove promotion ceiling for Polytechnic and Col of Edu.
I believe all this should increase prospective candidates’ moral for choosing institution to attend.
I refuse to think within the box, I see a Nation others will walk up to, to adopt the education model. We don't need to follow other nation, we can lead while others follow.
Samuel
Alumnus of Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun state
cc: lalasticlala
seun
Emaculate99
OAUTemitayo
Joejonah
ehisdan
Obinoscopy
Ishilove
Xynerise
Fynestboi
https://www.nairaland.com/2697509/hnd-bsc-dichotomy-way-forward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by UYCO: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by benji93: 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Equating HND with BSC: A panacea to Technological Advancement/ Innovative ideas.
Position: Support
Oautemitayo Representing OAU.

All protocols duly observed.
The discrimination against HND holders in the public service and business establishments across the country is not only a disservice to the mission for the technological development of this nation, it is an injustice being meted on innocent graduates of polytechnics.
HND which stands for higher national diploma is a graduate certificate awarded to individuals who have successfully completed a four year study and an extra year of industrial training and was actually meant for the provision of middle-level technical manpower for the technical and engineering sector of the economy.
The disparity in the ranking of HND and degree if critically examined is one of the factors militating against the advancement of technology in Nigeria.
Nigerian education curriculum as we all know is modelled after the British system. In Britain, an HND is a two year programme and is considered as equivalent to the second year of a three year degree programme. But unlike the British HND which is a two year programme, Nigerian HND is a five year programme requiring two years of studying for OND, one year of industrial training and another two years for the HND programme itself. If HND holders in Britain a developed country spend just two years in getting their certificates and are still given the chance of spending just two extra years to get a full fledged Bachelor's degree making a total of just four years used for getting a degree certificate, why should Nigerian HND holders who have to spend five solid years in getting their certificates not accorded the same status as people who will spend just four years in getting their certificates?
If degree holders are better than HND holders why are major establishments in the industrial and technical sector advertising vacancies and accepting applications from both HND and degree holders for same positions? The fact that major establishments including government institutions normally accept applications from the holders of HND certificates for same positions degree holders are applying for is a conscious acceptance of the fact that the former are capable of excelling on same level with degree holders. If they can do the same thing perfectly why then should there be a ranking that put the degree holders at an advantage over the HND holders?
The argument of some people that it is students with poor academic ability that usually opt for polytechnic education because they don't have high scores in JAMB like their counterparts in the universities holds no water and cannot stand both logical and scientific test when one put into consideration the fact that HND holders normally undertake practical industrial training popularly called IT and this has bridged the gap between the two set of graduates.
It is rather unfortunate that some students are allowed to use pre-degree a one year preparatory course as entrance requirement into Nigerian universities to make up for their failure to meet the same entrance cut off marks that polytechnic students are accused of not meeting but the extra one year HND holders use for industrial training is not considered when they are being ranked.
Considering the alarming rate of examination malpractice in Nigeria where there are special centers for JAMB where students are deliberately aided in cheating, shouldn't we even ponder on the theory that polytechnic students could be the ones who are getting their really deserved scores because they cannot cut corners like the ironically smart ones in the Universities?

The disparity in the grading of this two certificates have turned majority of HND holders into poorly motivated workers in the country as a result of the injustice in the working environment they found themselves. This has led to HND holder withholding innovative ideas that could advance the fortunes of the country since they have the feeling that they are not accorded same respect their degree counterparts are getting. This has proven to be a major cause of animosity in business and government establishments.
This animosity has in turn led to lack of unity, cohesion and unity at the establishments thereby creating a working environment unsuitable for producing technological innovations and products.
HND holders have proven themselves in different positions as capable graduates of equal intellectual ability with their university counterparts.
What can a bachelor degree holder in mechanical engineering do that an HND holder in mechanical engineering cannot do? Nothing speaking from past and recent happenings. We have heard of polytechnic students designing various technological products of high value just like their university counterparts.
Several panels set up in the past by the federal government on the HND/Degree dichotomy have recommended the upgrading of the HND to same status with the degree yet successive administrations refuse to yield to the crying of equity and justice.
The failure of university graduates to take Nigeria out of its technological backwardness is an indication that the current system of rating them above their HND colleagues have turned them into graduates without competition which should have been the motivation to drive them towards entrepreneurship initiatives which will in turn lead to technological products being developed by both HND and degree holders as a result of tough competition to outperform the other.
Government should as a matter of urgency do the needful by equating HND with Degree through appropriate legislations that must be enforced both in the public and private establishments across the country.
Conclusively, it is my opinion that equating HND with degree will give HND holders a sense of belonging and turn graduates of polytechnics and universities into dynamic competitors in the mission to advance our technology sector.

References:
What is HND?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_National_Diploma
Panel recommends removal of HND, first degree disparity/Dichotomy
www.nigeriaschool.com.ng/asup-strike-panel-recommends-removal-of-hnd-first-degree-disparity/
Panel recommends suspension of HND, first degree disparity
naija247news.com/2014/07/panel-recommends-suspension-of-hnd-first-degree-disparity/
HND discrimination bill narrowly scales second reading in Senate
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/169916-hnd-discrimination-bill-narrowly-scales-second-reading-in-senate.html
ABOUT PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES
eduregard.com/about-pre-degree-programme-in-nigerian-universities/
Poly students design electric water treatment plant

nigeria.shafaqna.com/EN/NG/1949706
Nice piece, but there is one thing we need to consider deeply, as much as a system is as bad as its environment, inorder words, no matter how sound a system is technically, its approriateness is most important. Before we can consider equating these two systems, we must consider what they stand for. From the little i have read about our education system here, it is based on the british educational paradigm, Its a colonial legacy, a legacy is not known only by the ideologies it conveys but also by the reality of it, the feasibilty of it, its ability to thrive in its environment. In a largely industrialized nation like Britain, where different professions exist, the creation of such a sytem would but be just suitable, to serve the different needs of citizens. I can tell you that Britain never considered creating a system of co-existing systems until there was a need too. In the typical Nigerian environment, there is no need for such co-existence. Accepting some legacies of our colonial masters, thinking that since it is characteristic of a florishing nation, it would be most suitable was our greatest undoing. If Nigeria was a largely industrialized and organized country there would be no reason to equate them, because their different purposes would stand out. In my opinion one of this two should be scrapped, though it seems its rather too late for that. However in this given circumstance where we have to live with our mistakes, i opine that the government should state the objectives of the two different systems clearly, establishing as a statutory and a code of ethics that guides companies to match the products of the systems to positions.
As far as i am concerned, universities are largely research-based, fashioned to introduce innovations, but polytechnics are largely fashioned to keep up with this innovations, while a computer science university graduate would be thinking of creating a new computer language that does better than python, a computer science polytechnic graduate would be contented with knowing how to use python effectively. So you see technically they aredifferent, but in a country like Nigeria, they end up doing the same, so does this give us any reason to equate them?. No we should rather define their place in our society.
My piece.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by UYCO: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by UYCO: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by UYCO: 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
The organizers have also exhibited the dichotomy here by giving a bad case to Auchi Poly to handle. The discrimination is baseless there by putting Auchi polytechnic in a tight corner. It is just like one who is trying to justify the ideology of Boko Haram /ISIS
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by vickylala239: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
You guys shuld stop all this shittt..

Why not go to united if u need Bsc

Or u go to poly if you need HND...

As if does Dat went to poly did Nt knw Dat they will get HND n does Dat went to uni Bsc...
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by ehisdan(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
This is my first time of actively reading through a debate on NL and am impressed.
joejonah and ehisdan, if not that it's a debate, I don't know how I would have loved to spank you, but you did well considering the tight angle you were placed on the subject.
Emaculate99 and OAUTemitayo, you guys are...... I don't know the best adjective to use.
Everyone did well, including my fellow audience.
Will post my opinion on the subject at hand very soon.
I rep Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro (2012)
Bros that's the matter, imagine us (joejona and I) going against what we know is right. It was very tight but we just have to do the little we can.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Ajetomobiife: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
Good evening friends. My name is ajetomobi ifedayo am a student in india studying (BBA) I want to bring this opportunity available to all my fellows naija friends who want too study here is also cheap and okay and if u are interested in MASTERS PROGRAMME OR BSC OR PHARMACY,TECHNOLOGY,BBA,BBM,NURSING OR MEDICINE in india. study at affordable price. For more enquiry contact me on fb Facebook.com/ajetomobi ifedayo amaya, whatsapp +917097744084 email :ajetomobiifedayo@Yahoo. Com
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by OlujobaSamuel: 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
vickylala239:
You guys shuld stop all this shittt..

Why not go to united if u need Bsc

Or u go to poly if you need HND...

As if does Dat went to poly did Nt knw Dat they will get HND n does Dat went to uni Bsc...
I bet you are a jambite or one of the privileged few in a private school.
Adjust your spellings before you insult us(Hnd/Bsc holder's) for a system that's not our doing.
Shalom.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by Joejonah(m): 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
Congratulations team OAU.
Keep up the spirit and you guys will lift the trophy.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by sammyscholar(m): 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
It is so disheartening that we the so called graduate could descend so low to abuse individual personality base on an issue created by some selfish crooks in governance, we no longer show intellectual prowess but proficiency in stupidity and foolishness.
HND/BSc was never created the same time, initially, the nation started with ND which was for middle level manpower, then BSc was not even in existence in Nigeria, our institutions then were colleges, e.g. UI, their graduates proceed to affiliate schools of such institution abroad for their BSc, with time, we had our own University and started issuing BSc also. With this, Diploma was 2yrs with 1yr compulsory training, while BSc was just 4 to 6yrs depending on the discipline, our curriculum was a template similar to that of Britain, they later introduced HSC, then scrapped and we have HND, all in the name if having a better curriculum to produce a better graduate.
Today, Britain and the world at large have made it a thing of the past to effect a positive change, but here in Nigeria, we seems to love the status quo when it's obvious that it's the most foolish of decision to make.
Irrespective of how fast your academic calendar is, you will not but use 5yrs to acquire a HND cert, while that of BSc can be attained in just 4yrs. I hear people claiming that the admission requirements differ, but to be sincere it's just in respect to UTME, SSCE is the same, it should also be noted that most of the students in Polytechnics are not there by desire but little to no choice which is glaring to all including the authorities.
I sincerely believe there are some gray areas the polytechnic is lacking behind, however, the removal of the dichotomy includes adjusting every part of the curriculum (admission requirements inclusive) to make it on par, you don't expect someone that used 5yrs in a course offers elsewhere for 4yrs but could not have access to it to be ready to give all when such (4yrs) will still be the superior in any industry.
RECOMMENDATION
The federal gov't should upgrade Poly's and Col of Edu that can be upgraded. The curriculum of both should be properly synchronize to give comprehensive academic knowledge. Gov't should create specialization, University (BSc), Polytechnic (B.tech) College of Education (B.Edu), B.Arts, Lb., Med, and other discipline can be merge with that offered by University or probably establish specialized schools for such. Avoid preferential treatment/discrimination for medicine related discipline and law at NYSC level Remove promotion ceiling for Polytechnic and Col of Edu.
I believe all this should increase prospective candidates’ moral for choosing institution to attend.
I refuse to think within the box, I see a Nation others will walk up to, to adopt the education model. We don't need to follow other nation, we can lead while others follow.
Okunade, Samuel Olujoba
seun
Emaculate99
OAUTemitayo
Joejonah
ehisdan
Obinoscopy
Ishilove
Xynerise
Fynestboi
I couldn't agree more
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by vickylala239: 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I bet you are a jambite or one of the privileged few in a private school.
Adjust your spellings before you insult us(Hnd/Bsc holder's) for a system that's not our doing.
Shalom.

It has nothing to do with jambite or insulting me or privilege ...

Which system are you talking abt...that Evn a kid will knw Dat in uni u obtain Bsc n poly u obtain Hnd....

I Dnt Evn get Wat u mean by private school?? Go and ask how much is fed uni or state....

Right from the days poly HND was rated lower Dan Bsc,,yet Ppl even wen knowing still push for it...now they are complaining abt...

Invaded u Dnt knw There are vacancies Dat r strictly HND same as Bsc....also I wnt to let u knw Dat Evn sum HND are paid higher Dan Bsc...

This two certificates can Neva b d same...rather wasting your tym...go hustle or better still read and get a better job....

Stop wasting u tym trying to equate them...many region especially wen u go for marriage Dnt regard HND as a graduate...this is true....

Jst Lik wen u hear d word ashawo...u will easily think is a girl...

Infact my kid Bro refused to go to poly...as he regard it as not uni or not Evn skool....

Infact some primary skool student Dnt knw Wat poly is Bt tell them university, they will jump up...

Am Nt saying poly is better or uni is better...Bt d truth is we mst see n speak Wat is happening in our surroundings.....

I Hv seen a girl who completed poly and said she is not a graduate, she still push to uni..
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by SUCCESSCHINEX(m): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
"All works and no play makes jack a dull boy"
Theory without practicals is nonsense.
B.SC and HND should be rated equally, but polytechnic should be left with five years of studying as usual for every courses.
That's my opinion #FREEMAN.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by vickylala239: 7:36am On Mar 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
RECOMMENDATION
Okunade, Samuel Olujoba
seun
Emaculate99
OAUTemitayo
Joejonah
ehisdan
Obinoscopy
Ishilove
Xynerise
Fynestboi

Bros!!!! Since federal govt has refused to do this...Why not go to uni ...rather Dan writing all this...some of your point I Dnt agree with...

From what ur saying here,,does who went to poly didn't go deir by choice...only that Dey had no option...

State uni and federal uni are not as xpensv as u mke it look Lik...we Hv very cheap federal uni n state uni..depending on the state.....Cuz I guess Dats Wat u mean by privileges... to me that's not an xcuse....

When you attend poly....u were are of obtaining Hnd.....you were also aware of how important Bsc is in nigeria....then y cry and regret now...

You talk of upgraded Jst as d white...1st we are blacks and not whites...we are Africans... and is high tym we do our things our own way..

You culd say admission to uni is very hard compared to poly...Dats 100% true...y not Try private uni...

Bros I will advice you rather than cum here to make noise...I suggest you upgrade yourself,Jst Lik u said d white upgraded.... it will b wise u upgrade yourself...get admission to uni n start up....

Wat you are delibrating has since bin pushed away by d Senate.....

Making it in life is Nt Bt Bsc or HND...if so bread seller wuldnt Hv been who she is today..compared to uni lag 1st class student...

Wat certificate do our president Hv..

Tuface,timaya.

Finally I wnt to tell you Dat Nairaland will not gv u anything for you long write up or Senate reading all this...you are only helping seun mke his money...

While u kill yourself thinking you will win nothing....

Send ur children to uni if u so desire..

(I may Nt Hv tym 2 writ evri tin in full Jst as u Hv dne... I stnd 2 gain noting with it)

Sooner or later this thread will b close...before you close your eyes and open your already a grandfather... and poly still remain poly.....

Jst as I Hv been hearing biafra till date....Ppl will cum n go n biafra will still b making noise...

If u are fortunate or unfortunate to go to poly...Dats depend on how u see poly..Jst take heart....

For you to Evn cum here and delibrate on equating poly n uni...it means u Hv already agreed Dat uni is more advance Dan poly.... u cn still write jamb is not too late
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by UYCO: 8:01am On Mar 07, 2016
Those who attended school of aviation, NDA and Petroleum Training Institute where I graduated from didn't go there because they couldn't secure university admission. That has been my dream when I was in the technical college. I have 9 credit in one sitting which qualifies me to attend any university in the World but I chose that school because I want to gain practical knowledge that will make me a Job cteator. Even with the discrimination, degree holders still consult me on special areas. I still dominate them in the office. If level playing ground is created, I will be rated as an expatriate in my field.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2016
vickylala239:

It has nothing to do with jambite or insulting me or privilege ...

Which system are you talking abt...that Evn a kid will knw Dat in uni u obtain Bsc n poly u obtain Hnd....

I Dnt Evn get Wat u mean by private school?? Go and ask how much is fed uni or state....

Right from the days poly HND was rated lower Dan Bsc,,yet Ppl even wen knowing still push for it...now they are complaining abt...

Invaded u Dnt knw There are vacancies Dat r strictly HND same as Bsc....also I wnt to let u knw Dat Evn sum HND are paid higher Dan Bsc...

This two certificates can Neva b d same...rather wasting your tym...go hustle or better still read and get a better job....

Stop wasting u tym trying to equate them... many region especially wen u go for marriage Dnt regard HND as a graduate...this is true....

Jst Lik wen u hear d word ashawo...u will easily think is a girl...

Infact my kid Bro refused to go to poly...as he regard it as not uni or not Evn skool....

Infact some primary skool student Dnt knw Wat poly is Bt tell them university, they will jump up...

Am Nt saying poly is better or uni is better...Bt d truth is we mst see n speak Wat is happening in our surroundings.....

I Hv seen a girl who completed poly and said she is not a graduate, she still push to uni..
It's better you stay out of this intellectual argument if all you could come up with is baseless points. The contradicts in your comments clearly shows you don't even know what you are saying.,
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by OlujobaSamuel: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2016
tosyne2much:
It's better you stay out of this intellectual argument if all you could come up with is baseless points. The contradicts in your comments clearly shows you don't even know what you are saying.,
God bless you to re-bless you front and back. I don't know how else we need to explain this issue to some youths. During my course of service to the nation in 2012, Akwa Ibom, a guy, probably a graduate of Babcock or Bowen, got to the tap to fetch water, then he saw some guys on exchange of words, a Polytechnic graduate and the other from a University, their issue was personal and not that of academics, the next thing he said was, “ki lo ti e ma nse awon omo poly yii na, awon naa a de ma sooro" (what is wrong with this poly students, they too will be talking), not knowing that those around him were mostly poly students from onset before proceeding through DE, they gave him what he never bargained for, and he left in shame.
@vickylala239, am proud of myself, I have no low self esteem, no reason to go back to a university for now except for Msc.
Am working and doing well, enroute ACCA, so not all on a faceless forum lacks something meaningful to do.
You said our opinions on a social media, forum or blogs doesn't matter because no one sees it? I will love to know which hole you are living in, guess you might probably be the only one with access to the internet.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 12:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

God bless you to re-bless you front and back. I don't know how else we need to explain this issue to some youths. During my course of service to the nation in 2012, Akwa Ibom, a guy, probably a graduate of Babcock or Bowen, got to the tap to fetch water, then he saw some guys on exchange of words, a Polytechnic graduate and the other from a University, their issue was personal and not that of academics, the next thing he said was, “ki lo ti e ma nse awon omo poly yii na, awon naa a de ma sooro" (what is wrong with this poly students, they too will be talking), not knowing that those around him were mostly poly students from onset before proceeding through DE, they gave him what he never bargained for, and he left in shame.
@vickylala239, am proud of myself, I have no low self esteem, no reason to go back to a university for now except for Msc.
Am working and doing well, enroute ACCA, so not all on a faceless forum lacks something meaningful to do.
You said our opinions on a social media, forum or blogs doesn't matter because no one sees it? I will love to know which hole you are living in, guess you might probably be the only one with access to the internet.
Despite the fact that people say all sort of thrash against polytechnic education, I have never for once regretted going to the polytechnic. Whether you give 1000 reasons as to why a university is better than a polytechnic, I don't give a damn. The only thing that can cause me low self esteem is, if truly you can sweep me off my feet and make me look like I know nothing.

All I know is that whether I attended a poly or uni I can never ever be poor, my life can never be miserable, I can never beg for food.. In fact, I don't see it as an excuse for not doing exploits in life
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by vickylala239: 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
tosyne2much:
Despite the fact that people all sort of thrash again polytechnic education, I have never for once regretted going to the polytechnic. Whether you give 1000 reasons as to why a university is better than a polytechnic, I don't give a damn. The only thing that can cause me low self esteem if truly you can sweep me off my feet and make me look like I know nothing.

All I know is that whether I attended a poly or uni I can never ever be poor, my life can never be miserable, I can never beg for food.. In fact, I don't see it as an excuse for not doing exploits in life

Thank you...then Let uni b and poly b...Jst as u a proud of it others are also proud of it..

Infact the thread shuld Hv not been tittle this way...since you are proud of it...

No one is saying u Hv low or high esteem....

Go work hard make money and let uni and poly b...

No one is saying Dat uni is better or poly is better...Jst let dem bear their respective certificate... if u need and of the certificate you go to any of them...simple as Dat...
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by vickylala239: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

You Dnt Evn knw Wat you are saying..u said d guy got Wat he Neva xpectd..... what does Dat tell you...it shows d superiority of the other side..if at all does poly guy knew Dey were better.. they culd Hv ignore or laf at himmmmm.....Bt due to the fact Dat d guy said d truth....does poly guys need to revenge..... which speak volume...

To ask after my hole....the truth is this... when u knw the other side is saying d truth, you next action will b insult....

I Dnt care weda u insult me or not.....we all need to face reality and tell urself the truth...take a walk to a village primary school and ask them what they knw about university... then ask of poly,I bet u none of them will knw or imagine Wat a polytechnic is....

We all need to tell ourselves the truth....Evn mst vacancies recognize Bsc...

If you think am lying check out jamb form university comes 1st as your choice den others follow...

Check out 8years ago u Hv university choice on jamb form for three choices..

I Dnt xpect you to agree with mi Cuz we are of d opposite.... Bt the truth is clear....go to any jamb exam center ask 20 jambite d skool they wish to attend none of them will call poly...
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by vickylala239: 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
tosyne2much:

Bros I put it to you...that this thread will not be the 1st or d last...

If biafra cn protest, fight, flags etc and yet nothing is done....is it common Hnd Dat will...

I put it to you Dat by Nxt week, this thread will b history...

Jst keep wasting your tym...thinking you are debating or you are on channels TV....
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by tosyne2much(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
vickylala239:

You Dnt Evn knw Wat you are saying..u said d guy got Wat he Neva xpectd..... what does Dat tell you...it shows d superiority of the other side..if at all does poly guy knew Dey were better.. they culd Hv ignore or laf at himmmmm.....Bt due to the fact Dat d guy said d truth....does poly guys need to revenge..... which speak volume...

To ask after my hole....the truth is this... when u knw the other side is saying d truth, you next action will b insult....

I Dnt care weda u insult me or not.....we all need to face reality and tell urself the truth...take a walk to a village primary school and ask them what they knw about university... then ask of poly,I bet u none of them will knw or imagine Wat a polytechnic is....

We all need to tell ourselves the truth....Evn mst vacancies recognize Bsc...

If you think am lying check out jamb form university comes 1st as your choice den others follow...

Check out 8years ago u Hv university choice on jamb form for three choices..

I Dnt xpect you to agree with mi Cuz we are of d opposite.... Bt the truth is clear....go to any jamb exam center ask 20 jambite d skool they wish to attend none of them will call poly...

Do you really have issues with polytechnic students ? The fact that you were privileged to attend a university does not put you in a position to discriminate against other people

You opined that primary schools barely know polytechnics. What do you stand to gain using all these as a credence?
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by vickylala239: 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
tosyne2much:
Do you really have issues with polytechnic students ? The fact that you were privileged to attend a university does not put you in a position to discriminate against other people

You opined that primary schools barely know polytechnics. What do you stand to gain using all these as a credence?

Bros I Neva said I went to uni or poly in any of my post here...

And to call it privilege.. Dats Wat I Dnt get...privilege in terms of money?or admission or Wat??

Cuz many uni are very cheap,admission is by reading you books and writing your jamb perfectly Xcept you have anoda means...

What privilege are you now talking abt...

I Dnt Hv issues wit poly student or uni student....where I come in is here:::a poly student knw fully well before admission that he or she is getting Hnd or ND as d case may b and a uni student knw he or she is getting Bsc...depending on your field of study....

Now your are fully aware of this...yet u went to poly xpecting to get Bsc...

We all knw in Nigeria Evn wen u are in sec skool..does student knw how important Bsc is And HND..some skool Hv counseling unit etc.....

With all this you still went and sleep with a dog xpecting a baby boy....how is that possible...

If u Hv HND and you feel Bsc has more importance.. Why not enter uni..

If u feel your Bsc is low you go for Msc

Why all d cry wen we all knw d truth....Bt we still pretend as if we Dnt knw....

Am Nt here for debate or to join does who feel by writing in full the will win a debate.....wen u and I knw seun does not knw u or will Eva gv u anything from this...rather he will be making his does.
Re: Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU by emaculate99: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
vickylala239:

Bros I put it to you...that this thread will not be the 1st or d last...

If biafra cn protest, fight, flags etc and yet nothing is done....is it common Hnd Dat will...

I put it to you Dat by Nxt week, this thread will b history...

Jst keep wasting your tym...thinking you are debating or you are on channels TV....

Vickie, let this rest now.

The bubble on this thread will die down soon but the knowledge here will not and can never die except if this thread is deleted or removed.

This might not be a debate to you. Fine! you can leave it but that doesn't mean you should call what's done here nothing but a waste of time. If actually you read through the debate, you would know that "nobody is an island of knowledge".

Another thing you should know is that Biafra is a nation in Nigeria and under no circumstance can a nation secede from a country. The reason why they have failed to achieve something is because Biafra want to secede and secession is illegal in Nigeria being a federation. However, equation of certificates will conform with the provision of African Charter and constitution on right to freedom from discrimination. Therefore, equation of HND and BSc is legal. (read s1(2), s 2, s9, s17 and s 42 of the 1999 constitution for further reading).

One more thing! Always remember, no one is an Island of knowledge. Do not claim to know all when in the real sense, we are all learners.

Try to read through the debate and you will understand that the need to debate this is as important as the need for individuals to be intellectually equipped#shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

School Proprietor Accused Of Flinging Pupils Out Of School Bus In Lagos / Lagos City Polytechnic Lecturers Arrested For Exam Malpractice / NECO Releases 2016 Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.