Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! (55303 Views)

You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Bride Shaves Her Head At Her Wedding To Support Her Terminally Ill Groom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by mauriceju2(m): 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
Guy you just fall into the hands of APC
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Brownzola(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
she's joking. if not she wants to send you packing. i know what im saying. she might be tired or you and want to give u reason to have excuse. she's joking. if not she wants to send you packing. i know what im saying. she might be tired or you and want to give u reason to have excuse. she's joking. if not she wants to send you packing. i know what im saying. she might be tired or you and want to give u reason to have excuse.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Kay17: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:
Is the OP saying he can't afford to take care of himself and needs to lach onto a woman to feed?

That's one of the fastest ways to lose respect.

The question is whether a woman in a marriage owes her family any financial responsibility. Not whether the woman is to cater for her man absolutely. Don't confuse both.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Eronmosele(m): 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
MzOnajin1:
Hmmm. I would not want to move on with that kind of a lady. My opinion
YES!! Even if she turns around to say she was only joking, RUN!!. What a useless woman! Definitely not a wife material!. So what if the man after marriage temporarily has financial hardship, say he lost his job? That would be the end of the marriage abi? Guy run for your life!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by taemilola(f): 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
Behind every successful man, there is a woman, behind every unfortunate man, there is also a woman, if u understand me well.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 11:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
[left][/left]
lezz:

No man should debase his manhood in such fashion, a man should be financially ready to take care of himself and his family before setting sail on the rough tides of marriage.

However a working wife should come in when necessary, there shouldn't be a fast rule on this.

Even if the husband were Dangote, If the wife loves him, she will always look for little ways to make financial input to their empire.

Well said. Well said. Well said.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by seunoni34(m): 5:18am On Mar 08, 2016
LaurelP:
Girls like her don't change, believe me. That belief has been ingrained in her probably by her mother or a very close friend, so you'd be wasting ur time.

She is the type that would not like to see u help ur
relatives, just focus on only her and the children.
Exactly!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by walcolm(m): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2016
Kay17:

The question is whether a woman in a marriage owes her family any financial responsibility. Not whether the woman is to cater for her man absolutely. Don't confuse both.

I like this clarification.

I believe if a woman decides to work rather than face domestic duties fully, then any and every kobo she earns from her work belongs to the family just like any and every penny the husband earns belongs to the family

The problem here is many women think because the husband is traditionally supposed to provide for the family, if the wife earns money she has to keep it for herself but the fact is that we do not live in the stone age anymore and that type of thinking is wrong

Even if the husband is a billionaire, the wife cannot decide unilaterally to keep her earnings to herself and still expect a Happy home
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2016
DonCortino:
Its not late for you yet, God has just used her friend to expose the type of wife she will be. Read the handwriting on the wall!
Truth!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by oswardic(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2016
I had this experience in my last relationship, abeg, the lady in question isn't joking, it's an embedded mentality that is concluded already.

To be sure it's part of her already, try to ask her for aid and see how she turns up. Secondly, take proper review into your relationship with her so far to see her financial input into the relationship (buying of gifts, buying things while she's visiting you etc)

I know it will be very hard for the OP to quit the relationship, especially where there are positive things about her as well. Unfortunately, the journey is far, the good qualities you listed are not for the marriage course, since she's lagging behind on the main marriage course, bro, please I beg you, forgo the relationship for a future happiness.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
oswardic:
I had this experience in my last relationship, abeg, the lady in question isn't joking, it's an embedded mentality that is concluded already.

To be sure it's part of her already, try to ask her for aid and see how she turns up. Secondly, take proper review into your relationship with her so far to see her financial input into the relationship (buying of gifts, buying things while she's visiting you etc)

I know it will be very hard for the OP to quit the relationship, especially where there are positive things about her as well. Unfortunately, the journey is far, the good qualities you listed are not for the marriage course, since she's lagging behind on the main marriage course, bro, please I beg you, forgo the relationship for a future happiness.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
Kay17:

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wedding Pictures! / Lady Slaps Boy For Asking Her How Much She Charges For Hookup (Video) / Meet 'The Sexy Grand Pa' 45, Who Has 22 Kids With 21 Baby Mamas And A Grandkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.