Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! (55311 Views)

You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Bride Shaves Her Head At Her Wedding To Support Her Terminally Ill Groom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
deyemia:

Could that be the reason? and if so, how do you prove her wrong? work yourself to death to prove you dont need her support. Sometimes a supportive wife is actually a strong motivation.

Inagine seeing a very expensive dress you would like tobsee on your wife but you know you have plenty other things to buy at home.

Nobody says you should work yourself to death.

It seems to me you are getting over dependent on what she'll probably bring to the table which to me is wrong.

As a man, you shouldn't think like that and if i were in your shoes, i'll let her know how ambitious i am. So ambitious, her family wealth or personal income wouldn't matter in the long run.

I really don't know your financial state right now but at this stage of your relationship, which i believe is still at the early stages, matters like this shouldn't be a topic of concern.

What you should focus on is how to build a strong relationship based on common grounds.

If that doesn't work out then you can as well move on.

This to me is primary, matters of finances and related issues are secondary. If you get the foundation of your relationship right, the other aspects would be easy to build on.

In the end, you just have to provide what you can and she will augment if if she wants.

If she doesn't, then fine. She can't take any other thing from you as long as you provide the basic needs of your family.

Food, shelter e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by olac21(m): 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
mikolo80:
your fada is the niggaI and your moda is the LovePeddler that bore the imbeciler vagabond that is you. lazy FuckingI gold digger

Stop being a bastard guy and concentrate on the msg next time...is that clear to you dumb ass?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obiaguna(m): 11:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Op... It's not too late to start wooing the friend you guys dropped on your way home, is it?

That's how I told a babe that as a first son, it is mandatory for me to assist my two siblings financially and her response was, "who send me" and that I don't have to do it every time. In my mind I started singing praises to God cos he has just helped me to dodge a bullet.

Op even If I don't have a replacement for you, I strongly believe prevention is better than cure. Move on and trust me you would find another woman. Cheers..

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obiaguna(m): 11:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
PushPlay:

Nobody says you should work yourself to death.

It seems to me you are getting over dependent on what she'll probably bring to the table which to me is wrong.

As a man, you shouldn't think like that and if i were in your shoes, i'll let her know how ambitious i am. So ambitious, her family wealth or personal income wouldn't matter in the long run.

I really don't know your financial state right now but at this stage of your relationship, which i believe is still at the early stages, matters like this shouldn't be a topic of concern.

What you should focus on is how to build a strong relationship based on common grounds.

If that doesn't work out then you can as well move on.

This to me is primary, matters of finances and related issues are secondary. If you get the foundation of your relationship right, the other aspects would be easy to build on.

In the end, you just have to provide what you can and she will augment if if she wants.

If she doesn't, then fine. She can't take any other thing from you as long as you provide the basic needs of your family.

Food, shelter e.t.c.

Sir/madam.. The lady in question didn't sound like she would ever "want" to augment. With the way the economy is set up right now, anything can happen to anybody in the blink of an eye.. God forbid you sir should lose your biggest source of income and your wife doesn't want to assist.. How would u feel sir.. Please read again... That lady isn't going to change for nothing.. Common grounds would never be reached.. Just my humble assertion.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
1trillionlikes:
Hmmm.... Test her by bringing up a story that a normal human being will wanna help you solve, financially, wen she hears..... If she doesn't help, quit..... She might not change.... I know of a woman whose children are sometimes chased out of school because of their fees, and she's rich enough to build houses... Once her hubby can't pay all bills..... All of them will suffer while she goes about buying all aso ebi and attending all functions....
You mean if she agrees to loan me some money for an expense I couldnt afford at the time she's exonerated
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by goldfish80(m): 11:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
Op you no try at all. You should have walked her out of your car on the spot when you discovered she wasn't joking.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Kassidy90(m): 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
From my experience lots of people say things they can't actually do, so I will suggest u put her to test, u can shower her with love, care gifts n lots of good stuff for 2-3weeks, then cook up some stories about u having little financial problems see her reactions ... I belief u ar a grown up and educated man so u should know what to do after...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
obiaguna:

Sir/madam.. The lady in question didn't sound like she would ever "want" to augment. With the way the economy is set up right now, anything can happen to anybody in the blink of an eye.. God forbid you sir should lose your biggest source of income and your wife doesn't want to assist.. How would u feel sir.. Please read again... That lady isn't going to change for nothing.. Common grounds would never be reached.. Just my humble assertion.
Then he should leave her..
I guess you skipped the part where i said he should move on if things don't work out.
That's the purpose of dating. You practice those things you spoke about.
It's very simple.

I really wouldn't want to bring people's personal experience into this but i've seen someone who lost his job and he never took a dime from his wife until he got another one.
Dude should not and i repeat..NEVER rely on his wife as a source of finance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by ajaylee1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bro if u are still going to continue with her, give priority to ur savings if not any day wey E red for u. U go buy sweet lick to beg hunger.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by uniqueren(f): 12:21am On Mar 07, 2016
U don't change somebody.. They only change when nd how they want to.
Abeg if ur idea of a wife isn't someone dt would support u with just prayers, this is d right time to take off

What did I say?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by skywalker240(m): 12:41am On Mar 07, 2016
no harm intended here, but i think your fiancee must be or is a potential G*ld digger.

If she aint ready to support ,that mean she aint ready to struggle with u and if she aint ready to struggle,that mean she aint ready to stay if u both get to storming sea's.

She is still immature again no harm intended.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by AfroKnight: 1:28am On Mar 07, 2016
PushPlay:

Then he should leave her..
I guess you skipped the part where i said he should move on if things don't work out.
That's the purpose of dating. You practice those things you spoke about.
It's very simple.

I really wouldn't want to bring people's personal experience into this but i've seen someone who lost his job and he never took a dime from his wife until he got another one.
Dude should not and i repeat..NEVER rely on his wife as a source of finance.

This concerns the scenario you narrated.

It would be very inconsiderate of the wife if she didn't offer to help the man. What then is her business in his life? Just to take, take, take and never give? My brother, that is not a family.

When the chips are down, who should be his first source of assistance? His parents or siblings? Or the woman who swore to love him for better for worse?

My brother, may we marry good wives that will be there for us no matter what. Wives that won't let the storms of life expose our nakèdness.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 07, 2016
AfroKnight:

This concerns the scenario you narrated.

It would be very inconsiderate of the wife if she didn't offer to help the man. What then is her business in his life? Just to take, take, take and never give? My brother, that is not a family.

When the chips are down, who should be his first source of assistance? His parents or siblings? Or the woman who swore to love him for better for worse?

My brother, may we marry good wives that will be there for us no matter what. Wives that won't let the storms of life expose our nakèdness.

I guess OP should move on if he can't deal.

I'm sure someone else would still marry her even with her kind of mentality.

I'll say amen to your prayers anyway. grin
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by vicadex07(m): 1:45am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Some part of me still can't believe she seriously meant that. If everyone on NL knows its a dangerous mindset then she should also know it's a terrible ideology.

But then, this is marriage where one cant afford to make a mistake.

I will try a bit of patience and dialogue and I hope my instincts dont betray me..

Thanks bro

Show her this thread and peoples comments. We cannot all be wrong.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Olodapsing(m): 2:21am On Mar 07, 2016
Lolz, my ex once told me she will never understand if I go broke and am trying to explain why I cant afford to buy her stuff she requested for.

I put her to test and that's exactly what she did.

I call the relationship off and told her to call me when she's ready to understand a broke guy.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 6:40am On Mar 07, 2016
Kassidy90:
From my experience lots of people say things they can't actually do, so I will suggest u put her to test, u can shower her with love, care gifts n lots of good stuff for 2-3weeks, then cook up some stories about u having little financial problems see her reactions ... I belief u ar a grown up and educated man so u should know what to do after...

You're right, this is also a good suggestion, Thanks
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by pointblank247(m): 6:51am On Mar 07, 2016
my friend run 440 but b4 u do sit her down and try to talk sense into her. i am in that kind of sh*t and i have gone too far. now am fool of regrates. run ooooo
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 7:01am On Mar 07, 2016
skywalker240:
no harm intended here, but i think your fiancee must be or is a potential G*ld digger.

If she aint ready to support ,that mean she aint ready to struggle with u and if she aint ready to struggle,that mean she aint ready to stay if u both get to storming sea's.

She is still immature again no harm intended.

Thanks

Well, I think gold digger is not appropriate here because, she's from a rich background just that she doesnt want to support her to be husband in anyway financially.

Probably she assumes all men are gold diggers!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by 1trillionlikes: 7:12am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

You mean if she agrees to loan me some money for an expense I couldnt afford at the time she's exonerated
that's a test to know if she truly means what she's saying or if she really can do what she's saying if the situation arises.... Once she can help u out and u keep bringing up subsequent cases and she helps out.... She might love u enough to forget her beliefs in crucial moments..... Love makes one do some things he/she won't normally do... Once she can help..... Work on her, she'll change but if she's not ready to help even you are dying, abeg don't pray about her..... God has shown u a sign she isn't urs
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 7:29am On Mar 07, 2016
OP has symptoms of a gold digger.

If this woman whom you claim was your finance were dead, won't you take care of your self? You better man up, stop being lazy and carry your responsibilities.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 7:31am On Mar 07, 2016
As a grown adult, can't you take care of yourself?

Stop being the typical lazy man in this generation.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 7:46am On Mar 07, 2016
Is the OP saying he can't afford to take care of himself and needs to lach onto a woman to feed?

That's one of the fastest ways to lose respect.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 7:47am On Mar 07, 2016
Why marry if you're poor and broke? Waiting for your wife's salary... don't you have any shame?
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 7:55am On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:
Why marry if you're poor and broke? Waiting for your wife's salary... don't you have any shame?
I wish you a wife that won't support you financially for any reason whatsoever since you are not lazy and not a gold digger. Please say Amen

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 7:57am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:
I wish you a wife that won't support you financially for any reason whatsoever since you are not lazy and not a gold digger. Please say Amen

Lazy man.... ole!! Olee

Why think about marriage if you're poor and broke? I bet you still live with your parents.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 7:59am On Mar 07, 2016
How do you even expect to yield respect in your home if you can't take care of yourself.

You better learn to cook and clean and become a house boy to a woman since you are lazy and can't afford to feed your self.

You shouldn't be called a man.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 8:00am On Mar 07, 2016
I don't know why lazy poor people think about marriage. See his mouth like "we were matchmaked." Why won't you matchmaked.

You don't have the boldness to find your own woman. You're looking for sugar mommy.

Oleee

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 8:04am On Mar 07, 2016
You sound like those men, after having 4 kids, you RETIRE. No to just dey phuck and born. No financial plan, you can't even take care of yourself.

Leaving your kids to be doing ashawo to fend for themselves.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 8:13am On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:
You sound like those men, after having 4 kids, you RETIRE. No to just dey phuck and born. No financial plan, you can't even take care of yourself.

Leaving your kids to be doing ashawo to fend for themselves.

I pity you! I can tell you are single and shallow minded. You r not yet married and you are already mentally dysfunctional.

Keep nose diving bro. I work in health industry, you r a potential source of revenue.

Ewure

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 8:15am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

I pity you! I can tell you are single and shallow minded. You r not yet married and you are already mentally dysfunctional.

Keep nose diving bro. I work in health industry, you r a potential source of revenue.

Ewure

Looks at your previous posts...

A woman tells you when to cum during sec
She forces you to carry her handbag

You're NOT a man. Ntoh... cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Wedding Pictures! / Lady Slaps Boy For Asking Her How Much She Charges For Hookup (Video) / Meet 'The Sexy Grand Pa' 45, Who Has 22 Kids With 21 Baby Mamas And A Grandkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.