Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! (55308 Views)

You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Bride Shaves Her Head At Her Wedding To Support Her Terminally Ill Groom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by chidozieikeji2: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:
The Person I Intend To Marry Just Told Me This!!!

Dear Nairalanders,

I've come again to hear your views about this issue.... especially married "Egbons"

So it all started like this, My new fiancee and I just finished a sunday service and I was about going to drop her at home when one of her single friends asked if she could join us which we agreed.

On our way they started talking all wife stuffs sharing their views on a marriage and shii, then one thing led to a financial topic where my fiancee started saying she can never support a husband financially, that a man should be a man and take all responsibilities of every penny to be spent, that the reason she's working is to be able to afford all the things she wants that all the responsibilities of the household is for the husband shocked. I acted cool at first.

Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

I couldnt keep mute anymore I had to ask her "what does it mean when people say supportive wife? " she replied she doesn't know, that she's sure it doesnt have to be financial.

At some point when the friend had already alighted, I asked what if the man is building a house and needs immediate support for just window frames, she said never!

She even said if she has money in the bank and their is no food at home, we will all drink Garri.

Now here are the facts,
-We got introduced through match making,
-there are some good things about her that is worth consideration.
-I dont think she has dated before because she obviously has no experience whats so ever when it comes to relationship behaviours. she's "efikko" kind of.
-This her ideology seems deep rooted in her upbringing and family., her mum is rich.

My Challenge is,
Should I stick around and try to change that ideology or just move on because I am sure it's a destructive ideology.

o boy run in timeooo u can change a dirty woman,a prostitute but u can never change a wicked woman better run for ur life
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by westside365: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2016
Wetin dis one dey talk? Infact i must ask u how old are u? A lady told u that and u still came hier to ask of the opinion of people. Orisirisi. Infact if na me d gal talk that kind thing to, na catapot i go use fire her mouth. Seee them o, dis gal no hide her character she show d kind beast wey she be and still u thought u could change. Mehnnnnn u are on a long thing, dont worry marry and later u will cry d koko master song 'why me o' . Yeye boi, i no understand u at all. U won marry her to get nationality to Yoruba state or igbo state? Infact u self need deliverance from blindness.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
grin
Not Only is Her mentality Archaic, It's Outrightly Irrational, Pathetic and dumb.

LoL!grin

So! The Only thing she'd bring to the table is her Pûssy? Baby Making machine?
I wouldn't Call her A Wife. I'd call her A Parasitic Being.
Coz Last time I checked, the holy book stated as thus:

"God assigned the married woman the responsibility of being a helpmate to her husband ( Genesis 2:18 , 20)." Not just some fûck mate, baggage or a baby producing machine.

...Trust me, You don't want such woman in your house!
Coz money for maggi, salt, tissue paper, pad, matchboxes would be on You.

Well, except she changes that fûcked up mentality she's got. tongue

Shut up! You think giving birth is easy? A year ago, I would have said he shouldn't marry her but with the kind of lazy ass men we have these days, I will say the op deserves this. Women already bring so much to the table in marriage and the one thing we ask of you, you are complaining again. We give up our names, we give up the children we carried for 9 months to bare your names, we give up our dreams, we give up even our churches, we give up everything already. What more do you want? Until you run us dry abi? Abeg shift!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by mzvyne(f): 11:08am On Mar 07, 2016
I once asked if husbands should help the wife with her responsibilities around the house, the reply I got was.. I shouldnta expect him to, but should be grateful if he does..

I'm giving OP the same response.. You shouldn't expect her to help with your financial responsibilities, but if she does, be grateful.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 07, 2016
netizenbuzz:

Shut up! You think giving birth is easy? A year ago, I would have said he shouldn't marry her but with the kind of lazy ass men we have these days, I will say the op deserves this. Women already bring so much to the table in marriage and the one thing we ask of you, you are complaining again. We give up our names, we give up the children we carried for 9 months to bare your names, we give up our dreams, we give up even our churches, we give up everything already. What more do you want? Until you run us dry abi? Abeg shift!
Bîtch shove your opinions right up Your cûnt!

I'm A grown Ass lady!grin
And I know when something's wrong.
You can't just sit back and Contribute absolutely NOTHING to a relationship! A guy would feed You, buy You clothes, give you a roof over your ungrateful ass self, Provide your meals, do mostly everything for your ungrateful ass!

And you want him to still respect You? what is your worth? where's your pride? You're no less than a parasitic baggage! The joke's on You sweety!cheesy

9 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by suwalee(f): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2016
robosky02:

gbam thats it

with this your talk ehhh

i recommend YOU to any sensible man that wants to run faster in life
cos you can give him wings to fly
Hehehehhehehehehhe it's not so easy
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by SirGowon(m): 11:18am On Mar 07, 2016
OP, u can't drop her just cos of a mere utterance. If she really loves u, she won't be able to bear the sight of u needing an assistance that she's capable of rendering and not help esp. when u alrdy have kids involved.

Forget that one wey she say the whole family will drink garri too, there is an inbuilt love that comes from a mother to child immediately from d first day of birth, she won't be able to cope. Besides, u don't even know if the next person u want to drop her for might come out worst
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by lezz(m): 11:18am On Mar 07, 2016
mzvyne:
I once asked if husbands should help the wife with her responsibilities around the house, the reply I got was.. I shouldnta expect him to, but should be grateful if he does..

I'm giving OP the same response.. You shouldn't expect her to help with your financial responsibilities, but if she does, be grateful.
A man's first and primary responsibility is to provide for his family. This is instinctively ingrained in every man!

A woman's natural disposition is to nurture and groom the home.

I see no qualms preparing bread toast and tea for my wife when she's a little ill or having a lazy morning in bed. Or when she's having pregnancy associated weakness. And on weekends, I'll love her to watch me cook a tomato sauce.

Similarly, it'll be a small relief if she does a little domestic expenses that skipped my mind like power bills or paying for a fixed electronics or the like.

There's no absolutism in spousal responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Kay17: 11:25am On Mar 07, 2016
AbarisFather:
A Guy who was jobless got married 2 a banker,despite his fears and several advices that it's not good to marry without a job. Every month the girl would give the guy her full salary of N135k after removing her tithe. The guy would give the wife N20k 4 personal upkeep
and the guy determined what happened to the remaining money. This happened for 3 Good years. There was happiness in d family and d wife never refused to do her primary home duties for that 3 years,
despite wrong advice from friends that 'you can't be paying the bills and still be doing all the wok'.There was a particular month d guy used about N70,000 2travel frm state to state for different interviews. He finally got a job with a good firm in
Port-Harcourt. His salary was N800,000
monthly 4 a start. He bought his first car (a brand new) for N4.5m, he gave d wife the car key,& continued to take public transport to work for about 2yrs.
Then he bought the 2nd car for N6million, took d key of d first car & gave his wife the keys of the 2nd car. They eventually moved into their own house after few yrs.
One day, d wife was looking 4some documents. She stumbled on a file neatly hidden, when she opened it, she saw her wedding picture when she was very slim in d first page of the file. She then saw dat d document 2 the purchase of the land and every other thing in the
house were all written in her name! At d last page was the husband's wedding picture and a note written by him:
''MY WIFE IS ALL I HAVE GOT. NOT EVEN THIS HOUSE WORTH N24M AT THE TIME I BUILT IS MINE''. Tears started to roll down her eyes. This couple got married in
True LOVE still exists till this day. Are you sure the Love you have for ur partner can be compared to this one you just read?
No matter what, remember u chose each other. It doesn't matter who puts food on d table or who pays d bills. Always know that, NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.

Dirty anecdotes.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by redcliff: 11:27am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

I've come again to hear your views about this issue.... especially married "Egbons"

So it all started like this, My new fiancee and I just finished a sunday service and I was about going to drop her at home when one of her single friends asked if she could join us which we agreed.

On our way they started talking all wife stuffs sharing their views on a marriage and shii, then one thing led to a financial topic where my fiancee started saying she can never support a husband financially, that a man should be a man and take all responsibilities of every penny to be spent, that the reason she's working is to be able to afford all the things she wants that all the responsibilities of the household is for the husband shocked. I acted cool at first.

Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

I couldnt keep mute anymore I had to ask her "what does it mean when people say supportive wife? " she replied she doesn't know, that she's sure it doesnt have to be financial.

At some point when the friend had already alighted, I asked what if the man is building a house and needs immediate support for just window frames, she said never!

She even said if she has money in the bank and their is no food at home, we will all drink Garri.

Now here are the facts,
-I dont think she has dated before because she obviously has no experience whats so ever when it comes to relationship behaviours. she's "efikko" kind of.
-This her ideology seems deep rooted in her upbringing and family., her mum is rich.

My Challenge is,
Should I stick around and try to change that ideology or just move on because I am sure it's a destructive ideology.

Nahim you no drop her like hot yam pick her friend quick quick? Lmao!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by mzvyne(f): 11:38am On Mar 07, 2016
lezz:
A man's first and primary responsibility is to provide for his family. This is instinctively ingrained in every man!

A woman's natural disposition is to nurture and groom the home.

I see no qualms preparing bread toast and tea for my wife when she's a little I'll or having a lazy morning in bed. Or when she's having pregnancy associated weakness. And on weekends, I'll love her to watch me cook a tomato sauce.

Similarly, it'll be a small relief if she does a little domestic expensive that skipped my mind like power bills or paying for a fixed electronics or the like.

There's no absolutism in spousal responsibilities.

I understand you.... And totally agree with you.
The
problem I have is that most guys want to marry a super woman who supports them in every possible aspect (financially, spiritually and otherwise), that they won't support in doing her own responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Amyleb(f): 11:41am On Mar 07, 2016
there's nothing someone will not hear in this world. my dear, i think you should talk to her, let her know how wrong her ideology is. if she doesnt take what you said, then its a clear sign she's not yours. Dont worry you'll get to meet your soulmate, the one who will be there spiritually, physically, financially and emotionally for you! Peace....

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by titosantana(m): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2016
Na effiko we go chop?

Op, it's because she doesn't love you as much as you love her; hence she's having that primitive mentality.

Do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by ATMC(f): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

Now here are the facts,

My Challenge is,

Move on.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by JacksonD7: 11:46am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

Now here are the facts,

My Challenge is,

move on if you can't change that ideology
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Uruba4life: 11:54am On Mar 07, 2016
Bros if she is praying for you and your legal is making illegal ,it is better,but I think she is damn suspicious of you,she want to clear your mindset of you ever thinking she is a ATM machine.People would easy for in love when there is money in the family.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by akinssan(m): 11:54am On Mar 07, 2016
Partnership is all about having a common goal or idea, so bro if your ideas differ at this elementary stage so to say, pls move on. Simple as ABC
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by DonCortino: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

She is not joking o! I still wish it was an expensive joke sef

Guy you are starting to annoy me. unless you are eyeing her mom's wealth i dont see why you are still considering her.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by lezz(m): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2016
mzvyne:

I understand you.... And totally agree with you.
The
problem I have is that most guys want to marry a super woman
who supports them in every possible aspect (financially, spiritually and otherwise), that they won't support in doing her own responsibilities.
It is a worrying trend nowadays!!!

The 21st century male has been effeminately indoctrinated.

Have you not noticed the increasing number of men who ponder more on their looks, clothes, cosmetics and personal ornamentation than they worry about skill acquisition or developing a sound world-view or providing responsible leadership?

The economic success of women has cast a shadow of blurred reality and expectation for many men.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2016
lezz:
It is a worrying trend nowadays!!!

The 21st century male has been effeminately indoctrinated.

Have you not noticed the increasing number of men who ponder more on their looks, clothes, cosmetics and personal ornamentation than they worry about skill acquisition or developing a sound world-viewworld-view or providing responsible leadershipleadership ?

The economic success of women has cast a shadow of blurred reality and expectation for many men.

Lazy men like the OP.

Instead of worrying about being sself-sufficient he's fighting over a woman's money.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
netizenbuzz:

Too many MEN in this generation as LaZY.

Why they feel so entitled to a woman's hard earned money is beyond me.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
As if the woman was not alive.... they won't take care of themselves

Love does not conquer all, trust me. It's the reasons why so many wives cheat on their husbands the days. No respect.

The woman will cook, clean, phuck you, go to work, get belle, take care of children and give you her salary after. What rubbish.

how do you expect to get any respect?
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
Koinzino:
it would be irrational for u to dump her tho.. but if u cannot change her mind set, this is wat u Will do... invite her to yr place, make her feel loved, bang the hell out of her, dump her sorry ass and go ahead with her friend... that girl no get sense

Good idea only if God is dead and not alive. You don't plan to have daughters abi? Is it by force that she marries a gold digger like the OP?
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by lezz(m): 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:

Lazy men like the OP.

Instead of worrying about being sself-sufficient he's fighting over a woman's money.
The OP's case is slightly complicated.

First it's a relationship match-made. Who does that these days?

So there's no love hovering around them. If the OP's fiancée loved him, she wouldn't mind helping out financially if the need arose.

Evidently the finacee is having doubts if OP isn't marrying her for her wealth. Most wealthy women are wont to suspecting men's motives in relationships especially if they be below average in looks.

My opinion is if the wife works, she should share the financial burden at most 20% WITHOUT THE HUSBSAD DEMANDING.

After all, a working wife will sacrifice some amount of home care for office hours.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
lezz:
The OP's case is slightly complicated.

First it's a relationship match-made. Who does that these days?

So there's no love hovering around them. If the OP's fiancée loved him, she wouldn't mind helping out financially if the need arose.

Evidently the finacee is having doubts if OP isn't marrying her for her wealth. Most wealthy women are wont to suspecting men's motives in relationships especially if they be below average in looks.

My opinion is if the wife works, she should share the financial burden at most 20% WITHOUT THE HUSBSAD DEMANDING.

After all, a working wife will sacrifice some amount of home care for office hours.

OP should find someone in his class, no need for epistles.

I know a woman who married a jobless man at age 38. She did it for the Nigerian society, just to say she's married.

She's the most bitter woman I know. The man can't even buy boxers and singlet for himself.

The role of a woman is not to be a man's nanny or parent. He must be able to take care of himself, with or without a woman. That's a real man.

This jobless man sees his wife as a meal ticket and not a wife. He stays home from morning to night watching football. Then he goes to church when he's bored. When the woman comes back from work, no to cook and clean. She's so frustrated. It's like she's taking care of a baby and calling him husband.

Lazy MEN.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:

OP should find someone in his class, no need for epistles.

I know a woman who married a jobless man at age 38. She did it for the Nigerian society, just to say she's married.

She's the most bitter woman I know. The man can't even buy boxers and singlet for himself.

The role of a woman is not to be a man's nanny or parent. He must be able to take care of himself, with or without a woman. That's a real man.

This jobless man sees his wife as a meal ticket and not a wife. He stays home from morning to night watching football. Then he goes to church when he's bored. When the woman comes back from work, no to cook and clean. She's so frustrated. It's like she's taking care of a baby and calling him husband.

Lazy MEN.

I'm resisting the urge to call you a slowpoke cool. I'm reading all comments on this post so as to make informed decision and you are just seeing colour white as red...

keep commenting though, you might learn at some point
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Maximus85(m): 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

Now here are the facts,

My Challenge is,

The same thing led to the death of my 3years relationship. Mine said it's not mandatory for the wife to support her husband. When we broke up, my mum was worried and she called her, it's been more than 5months now, I've not received a simple call from any of her family members.

So, I will tell you to pack your slippers, put them on your head and RUN FOR YOUR LIKE.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

I'm resisting the urge to call you a slowpoke cool. I'm reading all comments on this post so as to make informed decision and you are just seeing colour white as red...

keep commenting though, you might learn at some point

That people here, mostly men, want your potential suitor to pay your bills.

Man up and pay your own bills. Don't let any one deceive you.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
This generation of Nigeria men will be the worst yet. Waiting for women to pay their bills.

It's sickening. You are not MEN.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Otsealu1(f): 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
LaurelP:
Girls like her don't change, believe me. That belief has been ingrained in her probably by her mother or a very close friend, so you'd be wasting ur time.

She is the type that would not like to see u help ur relatives, just focus on only her and the children.

Thats just the truth. Trying to change her is a total waste of time.
There's this family friend we had then. The man was so wealthy but the wife so stingy that food stuff even goes bad in her store room and she prefers to throw it away than give it out. The man loves to help but will never help you in front of his wife because that day he will not have peace
One day he came up to tell everyone around him who needs his help to always go through his wife even when he knows who his wife really is and that was how everything ended cos who ever went through his wife would get a pathetic story that next time, he/she never come back. That was how his wealth dried up, till today the story has not changed for him.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Raalsalghul: 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Run Op! Run for your life.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:

That people here, mostly men, want your potential suitor to pay your bills.

Man up and pay your own bills. Don't let any one deceive you.

Are you a man or a lady?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wedding Pictures! / Lady Slaps Boy For Asking Her How Much She Charges For Hookup (Video) / Meet 'The Sexy Grand Pa' 45, Who Has 22 Kids With 21 Baby Mamas And A Grandkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.