Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! (55307 Views)

You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Bride Shaves Her Head At Her Wedding To Support Her Terminally Ill Groom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by oodua1stson: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
And why are u still with her?
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by lezz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:

OP should find someone in his class, no need for epistles.

I know a woman who married a jobless man at age 38. She did it for the Nigerian society, just to say she's married.

She's the most bitter woman I know. The man can't even buy boxers and singlet for himself.

The role of a woman is not to be a man's nanny or parent. He must be able to take care of himself, with or without a woman. That's a real man.

This jobless man sees his wife as a meal ticket and not a wife. He stays home from morning to night watching football. Then he goes to church when he's bored. When the woman comes back from work, no to cook and clean. She's so frustrated. It's like she's taking care of a baby and calling him husband.

Lazy MEN.

No man should debase his manhood in such fashion, a man should be financially ready to take care of himself and his family before setting sail on the rough tides of marriage.

However a working wife should come in when necessary, there shouldn't be a fast rule on this.

Even if the husband were Dangote, If the wife loves him, she will always look for little ways to make financial input to their empire.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Tinyemeka(m): 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
Funminicrown:
Drop her and make her friend your latest fiancee since she's also a new catch.
Tell her you need a helpmate not a liability, if she queries your decision.

Who knows?

Maybe the fiancee's friend was even advertising her availability. She might even be waiting for Oga's call as we speak.

These women can be too clever.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by gbens2000(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
My guy remove ur slippers put them on ur hands and run as fast as u can plssssssssss shocked

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Rawblings(m): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
put her to a real life test of you doing something and you needing her support. If she doesn't respond positively, then you know that you need to move on bro. embarassed
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by hardychris(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hahaahahahaa haba mana bros!

Its possible she's not even seeing you as a fiancee, meanwhile that mindset of her's seems its from her mother, you said the mom is rich I think that's where its from.

Meanwhile that's not enough to leave her, all you need do is to talk to her to change that ideology, maybe You have to get someone to do the talking to her.

Good luck man
vjsmiles:
this yho fiancee isn't even worth calling building material o
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obstead200(m): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Funminicrown:
Drop her and make her friend your latest fiancee since she's also a new catch.
Tell her you need a helpmate not a liability, if she queries your decision.
Now somebody is saying what I want to hear.
Drop her already!!!! Dont bother trying to change her mindset. You will not succeed. Only bitter experience can change her mindset.

Do her a favour by letting her experience it. Chop the punna and drop her fast. when she complains, tell her the truth just as she narrated it.
Trust me, u will be doing her a huge favour, cos she will go complaining to her friends and one or two pple will tell her to change her mindset.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by NET1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
[size=14pt]I wouldn't waste another second with this woman.[/size]

.NET

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by rhymesnoni(m): 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ma guy run 4 ya dear life.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by vivavik(f): 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
Op I'll advice u stick with her and help her, no 1 is perfect, she'll learn with time. Some pple talk for talking sake and remember, it's not her fault, it's from her upbringing but with more experience she'll adjust. Take ur time and talk some sense into her.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Gamesmart: 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:
Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

You have just found your future wife.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Cavenchy(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
OP I have read your post and saw your concern believe me I was with you up until after I read some comments thrown at you and saw your replies, then went back and re-read your post. I think this might be a case of a scared fiancée but I sure hope I'm wrong. Let's analyse.

The lady has seen gold digging tendencies in you and is trying to protect herself.

The lady thinks you are lazy and are the type to always seek help not wanting to take up responsibility.

You said it yourself that her mum Is rich, why you chose to focus on that point is oblivious to me but that might show you probably have an eye on her family's wealth, you never mentioned in your post that you also have a rich family or that you are well to do yet. She would read all these signs in the way you behave around her. For example: you treat her like an egg and are overtly careful about things you say not to hurt her and apologetic at the slightest sense of anger even when it's clear she's the one acting up. You probably always have a habit of asking after her mum (cos she is the rich one) and probably hardly ever ask after her dad.

This is the problem with matchmaking, she is getting to know if she wants to accept you while you already feel she is yours, newsflash: you have not done your prime responsibility as a man and that is " to make her fall in love", if indeed you do love her yourself. You can't fake genuine love, she would know if it's her or her (or mum's) money you want to marry,

Your resilience to take advice here to leave her, shows that you see a lot of benefit in your future relationship besides her character which is most likely a monetary one.

She knows a lot of men are gold diggers these days and she barely knows you enough to not judge you as one of them.

She has not yet fallen in love with you, when she does all these above will fly out the window. Worse, it's hard for you to earn her love when she hasn't seen how she's earned yours. Gold digger men are always easy to spot. They love before she even opens her mouth or has proven any quality character, all they do is shamelessly ask her for cash cos they are broke all the time! If it acts and quacks like a duck it probably is.

Finally, she might be protecting herself from a lazy man. If you aren't a lazy man, work hard to prove your worth, no woman can say those words to a man she is madly in love with and knows is hardworking and successful.

Bottom line: you might not be compatible at the moment, try again later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
Cavenchy:
OP I have read your post and saw your concern but after reading some comments thrown at you and your replies, I think this might be a case of a scared fiancée but I sure hope I'm wrong. Let's analyse.

The lady has seen gold digging tendencies in you and is trying to protect herself.

The lady thinks you are lazy and are the type to always seek help not wanting to take up responsibility.

You said it yourself that her mum Is rich, that shows you probably have an eye on her family's wealth, you never mentioned in your post that you also have a rich family or that you are well to do yet. She would read all these signs in the way you behave around her. For example: you treat her like an egg and are overtly careful about things you say not yo hurt her and apologetic at the slightest sense of anger. You probably always have a habit of asking after her mum (cos she is the rich one) and probably hardly ever ask after her dad.

Your resilience to take advice here to leave her, shows that you see a lot of benefit in your future relationship besides her character which is most likely a monetary one.

She knows a lot of men are gold diggers these days and she barely knows you enough to not judge you as one of them.

She has not yet fallen in love with you, when she does all these above will fly out the window. Worse, it's hard for you to earn her love when she hasn't seen how she's earned yours. Gold digger men are always easy to spot. They love before she even opens her mouth or has proven any quality character. If it acts and quacks like a duck it probably is.

Finally, she is protecting herself from a lazy man. If you aren't a lazy man, work hard to prove your worth, no woman can say those words to a man she is madly in love with and knows is hardworking and successful.

Bottom line: you aren't compatible at the moment, try again later.

Thanks so much for taking your time to add this contribution, I really appreciate it.

I have a good job and I have a roof over my head and I pay all my bills by myself and even some few others that are not mine. We were matched because we both needed something we didn't have, a partner.

We are just getting to know each other and for all reasons, I am sure this is not the best way to go about avoiding gold diggers. I have never asked her for anything matter of fact, I find it difficult to ask people for favors because I feel dejected when I get a "No" for a request.

I'm just trying to meet a wife to go on a journey with for life, I never asked her about her family wealth background until she told me.

If I were a gold digger like you alluded to, I won't share this post.

Just being honest!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by missyadorable(f): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
I can support my husband in terms of providing food,kid's fees and upkeep,etc

But NEVER to add my money to buy / build a house,or other properties(in case 2moro,he decides to kick me out n bring in another woman,men are very funny)...Or give my husband cash in any form.

My family can't be hungry when I have money

Your fiancee is rather too rash

But anyway,thats her opinion

Dump her,if you like

Another guy will marry her.

Seems you are interested in her because she is from a rich family and you thought she will be using her money to run the home and now that she has made her stand clear,you no longer see where and how you will benefit from her.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by britbuz(m): 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
If her friend was prettier you wouldn't be confused.... I guess..
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Cavenchy(m): 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Thanks so much for taking your time to add this contribution, I really appreciate it.

I have a good job and I have a roof over my head and I pay all my bills by myself and even some few others that are not mine. We were matched because we both needed something we didn't have, a partner.

We are just getting to know each other and for all reasons, I am sure this is not the best way to go about avoiding gold diggers. I have never asked her for anything matter of fact, I find it difficult to ask people for favors because I feel dejected when I get a "No" for a request.

I'm just trying to meet a wife to go on a journey with for life, I never asked her about her family wealth background until she told me.

If I were a gold digger like you alluded to, I won't share this post.

Just being honest!
I appreciate the fact you come across as a genuine man looking to settle, you may need to do some investigations to protect yourself as well, because you barely know her either. I'm glad you are asking important questions. This Is another one you may need to find out, Why is her mum rich and not her family (dad inclusive?). How was her dad as a father growing up? Was he lazy? Was he a wife beater? Or a drunk? What about her mum? Did her mum explain things to her or did she just rub the fact that her dad wasn't doing too well in his face?
Any of the above could be where she got her fears from. Best wishes.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
missyadorable:
I can support my husband in terms of providing food,kid's fees and upkeep,etc

But NEVER to add my money to buy / build a house,or other properties(in case 2moro,he decides to kick me out n bring in another woman,men are very funny)...Or give my husband cash in any form.

My family can't be hungry when I have money

Your fiancee is rather too rash

But anyway,thats her opinion

Dump her,if you like

Another guy will marry her.

Seems you are interested in her because she is from a rich family and you thought she will be using her money to run the home and now that she has made her stand clear,you no longer see where and how you will benefit from her.

What makes you think that I am interested in her because she's from a rich home? No man ever wishes to be a dependent on his wife for assistance unless he is not a man. But then, life is not a bed of roses, there will be trial times and all you can wish for in life is a wife that won't put your dirty clothes outside for everyone to see.

I have always taking care of myself up to this moment, why is it that it's in marriage that I will now be dependent on a wife?
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
Cavenchy:

You replied quite earlier than I expected, as I had modified the quoted post a little bit, notwithstanding, the main points remained same.
Now to your reply, I appreciate the fact you come across as a genuine man looking to settle, you may need to do some investigations to protect yourself as well, because you barely know her either. I'm glad you are asking important questions. This Is another one you may need to find out, Why is her mum rich and not her family (dad inclusive?). What is her impression of men? How was her dad as a father growing up? Was he lazy? Was he a wife beater? Or a drunk? What about her mum? Was she disrespectful to her husband? Did she rub the fact that her dad wasn't too well to do in his face? If this is the case, does your fiancée support her mother's views?
You can find these out without being direct. Subtle conversations would bring out the truth about where she got her fears from. Best wishes.

Her mum got inheritance from her grandmum,
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by bennymark(m): 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
If You are sure you can cope like that, ride oon else, run. If na mme, d last time she will see me is. Dat day, she is very materialistic and will be evil. She will gladly Bleep alhajii for cash if u bcome broke. Ur kids will have a bitch for a mum. She will brag about raising yu from d slum and making u a man. Think twice, dis na early warning siignn

deyemia:
The Person I Intend To Marry Just Told Me This!!!

Dear Nairalanders,

I've come again to hear your views about this issue.... especially married "Egbons"

So it all started like this, My new fiancee and I just finished a sunday service and I was about going to drop her at home when one of her single friends asked if she could join us which we agreed.

On our way they started talking all wife stuffs sharing their views on a marriage and shii, then one thing led to a financial topic where my fiancee started saying she can never support a husband financially, that a man should be a man and take all responsibilities of every penny to be spent, that the reason she's working is to be able to afford all the things she wants that all the responsibilities of the household is for the husband shocked. I acted cool at first.

Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

I couldnt keep mute anymore I had to ask her "what does it mean when people say supportive wife? " she replied she doesn't know, that she's sure it doesnt have to be financial.

At some point when the friend had already alighted, I asked what if the man is building a house and needs immediate support for just window frames, she said never!

She even said if she has money in the bank and their is no food at home, we will all drink Garri.

Now here are the facts,
-We got introduced through match making,
-there are some good things about her that is worth consideration.
-I dont think she has dated before because she obviously has no experience whats so ever when it comes to relationship behaviours. she's "efikko" kind of.
-This her ideology seems deep rooted in her upbringing and family., her mum is rich.

My Challenge is,
Should I stick around and try to change that ideology or just move on because I am sure it's a destructive ideology.

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Cavenchy(m): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Her mum got inheritance from her grandmum,
I wasn't asking how her mum got rich, was saying how come it's only the mum that is classified as rich and not addressed by the daughter as a collective family wealth shared between her and her husband? Are they separated? Cos I assure you if it was her dad that met the huge inheritance, she would say her family was rich not just dad. And the fact that the inheritance came from grand mum and not even granddad should tell you something(yep I'll let you work this out). Now these are not questions I expect you to answer here, but to get you thinking.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by xp17(m): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Some part of me still can't believe she seriously meant that. If everyone on NL knows its a dangerous mindset then she should also know it's a terrible ideology.

But then, this is marriage where one cant afford to make a mistake.

I will try a bit of patience and dialogue and I hope my instincts dont betray me..

Thanks bro

Bro, you don't need advice, you need a cookie. Can you please tell the difference between the girl and olosho? They both bring just pussy and real olosho does even better.

That part in you that refuses to believe will kill you soon. Personally, i don't expect a lady to support or assist me financially, but she having the helping heart should be enough for me, because i can only predict tomorrow, but for sure don't know what the outcome will turn out to be.

I don't give advices on mondays, you're lucky i stopped by out of the unusual. Enjoy you life with her bro, we will support you two in prayers
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nweike1: 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
Move on, she is not your wife
Let her grow up with somebody else. The trick is what u can't accept, make it known from the beginning. No compromise
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by osiscolion(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello Deyemia,

I just cannot help it but to drop my comment/Opinion when I saw your post. My brother, I most tell you, every moment or every opportunity that comes to you in life is for a reason, either for you to act, or to do nothing about them.

You are catchup in this because you have a huge responsibility about it. now, think about the man who will end up with her if you decide to leave her because of this, so nature has decided to play that game by bringing that opportunity to you for you to do something about it.

My Point is:

You have to help her, but just before helping her, here are some questions I will love to ask?
1. Does she listen to you when you talk to her?
2. Does she love you?
3. Dees she a soft sport that you know of?

Bla Bla Bla, well, I guess the girl in question has not really experience life, and does not understand life. And there are some few things she have to understand about life. Well, thank God its not an attitude but a mindset. And you have to change that!

Life is give and receive, and her notion about marriage should be, together lets make life happen. sorry to say, she has a one sided mind. My Brother, she is with you today for you to change her and make her that woman that any Man can boast and say, She is the Best wife ever. And moreover, you should able to make and shape your relationship the way you want it to be, just as the tailor shapes and design a cloth material in the way it will suits its owner.

Please Work on your woman, cos that is why she is lucky to be with you.

Regards.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by MzOnajin1(f): 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
petkoffDrake:

Are u sure??

Were u not d one that told ur bf to buy 1k suya.... U ate all d meat and gave him onions to feed on! undecided

Just saying cry
Lol, thats how it should be
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by kMezaya: 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nna,u never see fiancee O! Make unu dey do just BF and GF dey go. When u reach to get fiancee,I go arrange one for you.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by petkoffDrake(m): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
MzOnajin1:
Lol, thats how it should be
Eiya! Is not fair ooo...
So if am ur bf now, dats how U'll treat me? embarassed

U and d Girl op is lamenting of...... No lie, both of u are same family baa? cheesy
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by MzOnajin1(f): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
petkoffDrake:
Eiya! Is not fair ooo... So if am ur bf now, dats how U'll treat me? embarassed

U and d Girl op is lamenting of...... No lie, both of u are same family baa? :

bros, no be so. Invest in me, let me show you how Great God is.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by petkoffDrake(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
MzOnajin1:
bros, no be so. Invest in me, let me show you how Great God is.

invest in you?! shocked

Now that might leave me broke on our wedding day undecided
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by edwin4sure2: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
Bro dnt be fast to conclude here, i tink ur fiancee nd frnd want to set u up to knw weda u ll let go de relationship nd 2ndly, u need to set ha up by bringing up a project wich u ll need Assistance frm ha but if she refuse to assist u den u can decide on wat to do [b]Bro dnt be fast to conclude here, i tink ur fiancee nd frnd want to set u up to knw weda u ll let go de relationship nd 2ndly, u need to set ha up by bringing up a project wich u ll need Assistance frm ha but if she refuse to assist u den u can decide on wat to do [/b]Bro dnt be fast to conclude here, i tink ur fiancee nd frnd want to set u up to knw weda u ll let go de relationship nd 2ndly, u need to set ha up by bringing up a project wich u ll need Assistance frm ha but if she refuse to assist u den u can decide on wat to do
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by olac21(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
You have never said any good thing in your life before!from my family needs money to; he may decide to kick you off in the future!if you knw he will kick you off why not pack out now?eeyan naa lo fe iwo i naa bai olorun oba?that's is why it is goog to look before one licks!shioorr
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by DonaTee(f): 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

She is not joking o! I still wish it was an expensive joke sef

90% of advices ive read here seem to b frm single pple.
if its really aching u discuss this wit an elderly.

The plain truth: If a woman loves u she ll spend on u.
its involuntary.
No woman can allow her kids starve or stay out of sch wen money dey her account. .....except she b ogbanje

I used to n stil tell ny hubby "ur money is ours, but my money is mine/for emergency"
His reply: He knws d password to press to get wat he wants

there is no perfect girl out there. If she Truely loves u im sure she go don dey spend on u b4 dat discussion.

But if she is dat stingy dat maybe her flaw....she sure has other gud parts.

ARE U MARRYING HER FOR HER CAPABILITY TO SPEND ON U?

Marriage is wen 2 imperfect pple unite to perfect each oda.
She's ur perfect imperfection grin
ur assignment is to find her password

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wedding Pictures! / Lady Slaps Boy For Asking Her How Much She Charges For Hookup (Video) / Meet 'The Sexy Grand Pa' 45, Who Has 22 Kids With 21 Baby Mamas And A Grandkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.