Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed (58926 Views)

Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by drizzymadbet(m): 6:53am On Mar 13, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
You read most of these posts and you can't help but feel sorry for Nigerians. They mostly sound poorly educated, ignorant, hypocritical and devilish to the point of telling lies on Jesus to God. How else can one explain a people that defended corruption and thievery in Government, turning around to insult the person trying to fix the problems after severe damage has been done?

Theres obviously a mental health issue of epidemic in Nigeria and the Govt has to try to do something about it.

fu.c.k u dude, now re-read your post and see for your self(that's if you are not myopic) who is poorly educated. How the hell did you graduate from school, cos your grammatical expression is wrong from the start. lot of people who criticized the government made their claims in good English and you idiot wanted to criticize in wrong English.

Go back for your English lessons mofo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by DauraDullard0(m): 7:09am On Mar 13, 2016
obailala:
Oil products are expensive for you in Nigeria because your giant country is incapable of refining the crude that comes out of its ground.
But there was no scarcity during the clueless one's administration. There was relative stability in the availability of petroleum products. It seems we're back to the Obj era of fuel queues and scarcity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Henrichemeka(m): 7:49am On Mar 13, 2016
Cock and bull story
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Henrichemeka(m): 7:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Buhari should just resign, he must not finish his tenure. We need an economic thinker, infact what we need in Nigeria now is LEE KUAN YEW, nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Ravenna: 7:59am On Mar 13, 2016
todayboy:
God will not forgiv anybody that vote for the failure called Buhari
Haa!!
Epe n'use o.
May satan purnish buhari and his cow ilks.
Can't wait for 2019.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by humbleself242(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Ok oooooooo,if that is the case we are waiting
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Bibors(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
You read most of these posts and you can't help but feel sorry for Nigerians. They mostly sound poorly educated, ignorant, hypocritical and devilish to the point of telling lies on Jesus to God. How else can one explain a people that defended corruption and thievery in Government, turning around to insult the person trying to fix the problems after severe damage has been done?

Theres obviously a mental health issue of epidemic proportions in Nigeria and the Govt has to try to do something about it.
I think you have the issues more coz you have accused people of defending corruption without proof besides this corruption have been there even when N2.8b naira got missing, it has been there when people said Abacha didn't loot Nigeria, it has been there when people limited their probe to just a past administration after being told that those who live in glass houses shouldn't trow stones.
Please brother with the highest IQ, how is this man trying to fix corruption if he hasn't declared his assets publicly, if he is telling us how the opposition funded their election without telling us how he funded his.

We know those who are either poorly educated, hypocritical and Ignorant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by stevedre: 9:20am On Mar 13, 2016
imhotep:
APC needs Jesus

Please Show some respect to Christians. Your point is cool but the pic is kinda insulting.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 13, 2016
stevedre:

Please Show some respect to Christians. Your point is cool but the pic is kinda insulting.
Which pic do you prefer?
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2016
Can't you do something to salvage the situation, must you come out to tell Nigerians about your incompetence...
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by UdehEbukaC(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2016
For once Lai came close to saying the truth. But in his nature, there must always be traces of lie because I am not aware of any global economic meltdown at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Henrichemeka(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2016
2019 when Nigerians go hear ''CHANGE''

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Obiwiz(m): 10:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Its now clear dat those who antagonised and attacked GEJ fall into two categories viz:
1) Simple-hearted and/or ignorant
2) Biased and/or sentimental.
Deceit and selective justice will always backfire. Brace up Nigerians, karma is real!

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2016
DauraDullard0:
But there was no scarcity during the clueless one's administration. There was relative stability in the availability of petroleum products. It seems we're back to the Obj era of fuel queues and scarcity.
Well it's an unfortunate situation, very unfortunate. But what could be the cause of this persistent scarcity?... Could it be because the present govt has refused to play ball with the cabals which handle most of the fuel imports and the cabals which want to ensure things remain 'business as usual' in NNPC? Whatever the case, hope this ends soon.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Obiwiz(m): 10:38am On Mar 13, 2016
Sumtyms i pause to think, if d country were blossoming under dis current regime, den d perceived inclination to kind of sideline or suppress d so-called "5%" wld hav bin fully implemented bt, God foresees d footsteps of d wicked and chooses how and wen to confound him.
Derz general economic distress, no one is spared-both 5% and 95%. But, will man learn his lesson? Only equity and justice will avert diz tinz.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by Mistermamus(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
He will soon deny it
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by otokx(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Mistermamus:
He will soon deny it

It has been denied.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by 247notire(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
They kept borrowing money. Also the crude oil prices was way above $50.

Now mr buhari at the moment isn't borrowing and crude oil prices are below $40. His decision not to devalue the Naira as a negative (short term) impact on the economy even after IMF's advise to devalue the Naira.

I support this move by the president because if he devalues the Naira in a country that produces nothing or export less commodities. Inflation will rise and our currency value will fall creating more hardship (Zimbabwe). Let's think of the long term effect.

One problem Mr president has is he wants to accomplish everything at the same time. He needs to take issues one after the other along side the economy.

With all the savings I am sure the government is financially stable at the moment.

My friend do you know what inflation means? We already experiencing serious inflation and you type this crap! Listen, the naira is already devalued whether the govt believes or not. What buhari is currently doing is seriously hurting the economy but of course the man didn't even pass his waec so what can we say...

2 Likes

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by MCRUEMUS: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
obailala:
But oil price has never been within the control of Nigeria or any country? .... So what is special about this dubious title?

Only brainless wailers celebrate when a government official states a simple elementary fact such as the oil price being beyond the control of the government.
A ZOMBIE SPOTTED

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by erico2k2(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
obailala:
Effort can be made to stabilise or prop up global oil prices and concerted efforts are currently being made in that regard. So yeah, any person with a brain knows there is nothing wrong with the brain of a person who intends to make moves to stabilise oil prices.
Now I see why the APC govt succeed in playing with the minds of Nigerians,
So you are telling me a govt from a country with no functional refinery,would be listened to in the world stage when it comes to global Oil issues? angry angry angry
Oil price is determined by Demand and supply, if PMB did any form of economics in school he would have realized this and stopped making baseless statement.I would assume you are more educated than PMB ,now in your own words how does the FG of any nation prop or stabilize the sales of oil as regards as increasing prices
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
MCRUEMUS:
A ZOMBIE SPOTTED
If you have a functional brain in your head, answer the freaking question raised instead of resorting to insults.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
erico2k2:

Now I see why the APC govt succeed in playing with the minds of Nigerians,
So you are telling me a govt from a country with no functional refinery,would be listened to in the world stage when it comes to global Oil issues? angry angry angry
Oil price is determined by Demand and supply, if PMB did any form of economics in school he would have realized this and stopped making baseless statement.I would assume you are more educated than PMB ,now in your own words how does the FG of any nation prop or stabilize the sales of oil as regards as increasing prices
I know a lot of people keyed into the jokes made on Buhari over his alleged statement about stabilising oil prices. But the unfortunate thing is that ignorance is just a disease.

A lot of you are embarrassingly ignorant of the fact that it is humans that push to control these prices. Now you agree the prices are controlled by demand and supply, but while demand may remain constant, you obviously are not aware that humans can control the supply aspects right?

If I may ask, what do you think is the mandate of OPEC if not to control oil prices?... Are you aware that if only Nigeria decides to cut production by say, 500,000 barrels/day, it would instantly tilt global oil prices?... Are you also aware that if Nigeria liaises with several other oil producers and pushes for a cut in oil production by say 10%, it would instantly tilt oil prices?... Are you also aware that the so called 'baseless' promise (in your own words) to stabilise oil prices was also made by Diezani Madueke within weeks of when Buhari made the statement?... Or maybe you want to tell me a first class Diezani is also dull Yet right?...

http://leadership.ng/business/392902/ill-stabilise-oil-prices-opec-president-diezani
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by DauraDullard0(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
obailala:
Well it's an unfortunate situation, very unfortunate. But what could be the cause of this persistent scarcity?... Could it be because the present govt has refused to play ball with the cabals which handle most of the fuel imports and the cabals which want to ensure things remain 'business as usual' in NNPC? Whatever the case, hope this ends soon.
How do you define 'Business as usual'? Availability of products or non-availability of products?
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 4:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
DauraDullard0:
How do you define 'Business as usual'? Availability of products or non-availability of products?
For the fuel importers, 'business as usual' involved indiscriminate collection of subsidies, the subsidy regime was so sweet for the fuel import cabal that in 2011 alone, Nigeria paid over N2trillion to those leeches who in return ensured that the nation had fuel all year round (as long as the FG signed their cheques whenever they coughed). It is no longer the case and low oil prices even means no more subsidies at all.

For the NNPC, the guys from NUPENG and PENGASSAN (I think) recently shutdown the NNPC over moves by the petroleum ministry to unbundle the corporation and make it more efficient/profitable. You and I know how most of these unions always prefer the old 'business as usual' ways where they do whatever they like and still get paid. These shake-ups and industrial actions 'I believe' also affected the supply of fuel nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by DauraDullard0(m): 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
obailala:
For the fuel importers, 'business as usual' involved indiscriminate collection of subsidies, the subsidy regime was so sweet for the fuel import cabal that in 2011 alone, Nigeria paid over N2trillion to those leeches who in return ensured that the nation had fuel all year round (as long as the FG signed their cheques whenever they coughed). It is no longer the case and low oil prices even means no more subsidies at all.

For the NNPC, the guys from NUPENG and PENGASSAN (I think) recently shutdown the NNPC over moves by the petroleum ministry to unbundle the corporation and make it more efficient/profitable. You and I know how most of these unions always prefer the old 'business as usual' ways where they do whatever they like and still get paid. These shake-ups and industrial actions 'I believe' also affected the supply of fuel nationwide.
You're trying so hard.. Just give it a rest. Buhari's ratings is informed by how his policies, actions and inactions directly affect the ordinary man on the street. If the ordinary man on the street is groaning because of hardship occasioned by Buhari's actions/inactions, then Buhari has failed.

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
DauraDullard0:
You're trying so hard.. Just give it a rest. Buhari's ratings is informed by how his policies, actions and inactions directly affect the ordinary man on the street. If the ordinary man on the street is groaning because of hardship occasioned by Buhari's actions/inactions, then Buhari has failed.
Okay he has failed. Hopefully he redeems himself and brings us out of this mess in his remaining 3+ years.
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by DauraDullard0(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
obailala:
Okay he has failed. Hopefully he redeems himself and brings us out of this mess in his remaining 3+ years.
There's no roadmap or policy framework anywhere in sight to suggest that anything will change now, in the nearest future or in the distant future. The downward slide continues. Buhari should do the honorable thing and resign. He doesn't seem to have the capacity to handle what he signed up for.

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
DauraDullard0:
There's no roadmap or policy framework anywhere in sight to suggest that anything will change now, in the nearest future or in the distant future. The downward slide continues. Buhari should do the honorable thing and resign. He doesn't seem to have the capacity to handle what he signed up for.
If he resigns then what happens?
Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by DauraDullard0(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
obailala:
If he resigns then what happens?
His VP should take over. Andres Villas Boas was removed as Chelsea manager and his assistant Di Matteo took over. Within his short stint incharge, he won the Champions League and the FA Cup.

I hope you get my drift.... Buhari is certified incompetent. He should resign honorably... But then, is he honorable? Is there any honor among thieves?

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by IcecoldDon: 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
U r a bigoted fool and bastard. ill mouthed tout!!!

EasternActivist:
Curse will be upon anybody that voted buhari and is now complaining/wailing...

The prayers of people suffering from the effect of buharis incompetence shall forever over run, wipe and destroy your families one after the other...

And for those APC zombies that are unapologetic to the plight of what you have endangered the masses into, may your lifes be ran like the way buhari is running this present administration...

And for those that are wailing yet couldn't vote against and to surpass buhari votes that has 3million margins. May your suffering due to ignorance and I don't care syndrome overwhelm your households for the next four years. May this present circumstances teach you a bitter lesson that you will wish that death is your final answer.

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by EasternActivist: 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
IcecoldDon:
U r a bigoted fool and bastard. ill mouthed tout!!!

Check where you belong and kindly effect on your curse.

1 Like

Re: Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed by ErasmusCOMP: 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Liftkid:
Liar mohammed Watch him deny this tomorrow or next!
He has already denied it. According to him, he was misquoted by an unnamed newspaper.... (courtesy, 10 pm news today , FRCN)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: How APC And PDP Stand In The 16 LGAs In Ekiti / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers / PDP Reacts As Ngige Mistakenly Supports Fayose During APC Rally In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.