Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce (49628 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria / ''The North Is A Poverty Trap'' - Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Scholes007(m): 8:30am On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

The reason why ipoo igbos travel to other region is because SE is dead for business and investment. While yorubas dey go UK, Brazil, USA etc, why would they go the igboland which igbos themselves are running from? lmao

adieu ipoo.
oh yoruba travel to uk, brazil and usa? grin grin. See person wey dey call person chest beater

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 3xtr6r: 8:30am On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

The reason why ipoo igbos travel to other region is because SE is dead for business and investment. While yorubas dey go UK, Brazil, USA etc, why would they go the igboland which igbos themselves are running from? lmao

adieu ipoo.

Who doesn't know you frustrated propagandists make a living out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs?

And yet the moment you and your fellow deluded IPOOs hear Biaf...you go into compulsory convulsions...

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by edoyad(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2016
The same thing Mr Bruce criticized in his book is what I'm seeing here, a pity. More excerpts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Arsenate(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2016
It's a known fact that Southerners are very ignorant of what the north truly is. And even if one tries his best to educate them, they deliberately close their ears. They want to keep believing the false stereotypes about the north passed down to them by their parents.

4 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by UrbanMystique: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2016
Fadekebisola:

from the above post i read he said SOUTH and NEVER mentioned only ss and se.....sw is still part of south so why are we isolating the south west....just my observation
south Easterners are the main culprit. Even southerners with the oyel are not as hateful.

6 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Sylvester70(m): 9:00am On Mar 14, 2016
see this man oh who tel u dat one wetin be food.do u know dat food can be grown artifitcially.
my grandparents at the village use ultal suv light built in a bunker to grow sound tomatoes,onions and other northern foods dat are not commonly grown in the east and do u think when the imo state goverment agrees to sponsor it in a bigger way that food will ever be a problem in my village,i also know a man that grows apple in my village by importing their soil.my brother there is nothing we cann't accomplish when we put our mind to it and food is not a problem

3 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Istand4justice: 11:53am On Mar 14, 2016
edoyad:

No I don't. You have to look at the credibility of the person pushing forward a point.
Senator Ben Murray Bruce is an International business man worth millions in dollar terms. If any thing he has suffered hugely from the ignorance in some parts of the North - The miss universe affair where riots inparts of kaduna cost him to lose out on millions he invested comes to mind. But he has looked at the matter objectively

Ok
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Istand4justice: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
Arsenate:
It's a known fact that Southerners are very ignorant of what the north truly is. And even if one tries his best to educate them, they deliberately close their ears. They want to keep believing the false stereotypes about the north passed down to them by their parents.
0YorubaParapo0:

adieu ipoo.
UrbanMystique:
south Easterners are the main culprit. Even southerners with the oyel are not as hateful.
0YorubaParapo0:

adieu ipoo.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/femi-fani-kayode/the-amalgamation-of-nigeria-was-a-fraud-by-chief-richard-akinjide-san/10150568184829654/

Evan yorubas know
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
front page
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by kingzizzy: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
lekkie073:

If nigeria should break today, the North will always use the trans sahara trade route to get what they need. and then we southerners will import tomatoes from Cameroon and Congo as u said! who lose?

Nobody would lose, the tomatoes from Cameroon might even be cheaper. As an Igbo man in the South east, it can take me a whole day to travel to some parts of the North but it can take me just 6 hours to get to Cameroon. As long as there are many places to buy food in west Africa, the south does not depend on the north for anything. We are even doing them a favour by buying their food

3 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Babacele: 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
kingzizzy:
Ben Bruce makes me laugh with this postulation. Are the Notherners giving us this food for free? But the Northerers are taking the proceeds of oil for free in the name of 'one Nigeria'. The South does not depend on the north for anything, if there was no Northern Nigeria, us in the South would buy food from other countries like Cameroon,Benin Republic, Ghana etc and life would go on. But if there was no Southern Nigeria, only God knows what would have happend to the North by now.
You obviously is Nigerian history illiterate . name the Northerners who took 'your' oil without a criminal connivance from your 'bloda'? talk make I educate u....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by freeborn76(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
Family Ben Bruce makes sense. I hope he will not relapse to his default state of dementia soon. Well said Senator Bruce!
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Critiqual(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
I dunno why its difficult for many to see that one tree ain't enough to make a forest. We need one another.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Funsina(f): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
uhmmmm....
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
Man must not live by food alone.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
bruce should clamor for resource control and abandon this we need the north shittt...has he not realised that weve been scammed all these years by the north,....which kin man be this sef... undecided undecided undecided.....ben we can produce food too so cut the crap.. angry
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Gordieshegz(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
vvvvDEAR GOOD LORD...PLEASE LOOK DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND GRAND THIS SOUL SOME SENSE iN JESUS NAME

quote author=DEXTROVERT post=43751437]When
Common
Sense
Becomes
Uncommon
You
Spew
Uncommon
Senseless
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by henryhemon(m): 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
ziccoit:
Only the blind individual who is suffering from chronic paucity of knowledge would carry such a stupid notion about a group of people especially the Notherners. I don't know why Mr Ben didn't call a spade a spade and put it that some SSners and SEners should receive a proper education and stop the chronic hatred they have for the Northerners.
Majority of what's being said about Northerners are borne out of nothing but hatred for those people.

That is what south East and south south erroneously believe,am from the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by chiefolododo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ben bruce be like 'one day one day I go be VP or President '
edoyad:
This is an excerpt from Senator Ben Murray Bruce's COMMON SENSE REVOLUTION , his e-book available for free on the internet. It's like a compendium of all his common sense articles, it is informative .

Many Southerners erroneously think the North is dependent on the South.
In actual fact, the reverse is the case!
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by MadCow1: 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
I personally dont like Ben Bruse, but I support anyone who calls for a United Nigeria.

The Entire Nation of Nigeria depends on the North for food. Thats a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Common nonsense, food is a commodity that can be purchased easily when you have economic wealth. What is food?

UK imports too, UAE imports food and even Russia. Economy is the koko, the northerners are parasites.

_and you are HOST? cheesy
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nairakit(m): 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
kingzizzy:
Ben Bruce makes me laugh with this postulation. Are the Notherners giving us this food for free? But the Northerers are taking the proceeds of oil for free in the name of 'one Nigeria'. The South does not depend on the north for anything, if there was no Northern Nigeria, us in the South would buy food from other countries like Cameroon,Benin Republic, Ghana etc and life would go on. But if there was no Southern Nigeria, only God knows what would have happend to the North by now.
where was northern Nigeria when crude oil w was. not discovered?

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by shamecurls(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:
The way igbos hate aregbesola, the man must be knacking biancar agbako.

Its Fani-Kayode that is knacking the Akpako

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Junior66(m): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
carinmom:
One of the few times the man made sense.

Are you saying that fuel is distributed free in the north while you buy food items from them? You are the one who is funny and doesn't make any sense.
The proceeds from oil is not given to the southerners alone while the proceeds from Onions and tomatoes is given to the farmer northerner. Have u spotted the differece now? #i am a middlebelt "northerner" though#

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by DoTheNeedful: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
kingzizzy:

So,you think the average Northerner also get the oil he uses for his car,generator or tractor for free He just queue up at the filling station get fuelled and leaves?
If you go by primordial sentiments,you are likely to love those you are supposed to hate and hate those you should love angry

5 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by ooshinibos: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
edoyad:
This one was one of my favourite pages.
based on previous experience flying from London to Lagos with Arik air , I will never fly them , not because its a Nigerian flight but because of inefficiency , flight delay without no reason ...my last experience was a 2 day delay flight ..and other one was a crack windscreen and the flight was grounded by the BAA ..Arik refuse to send another plane ..so eyoyad if Arik can match quality and efficiency people will patronize them ..I like the ARIK air food better though , its better than British airways or virgin
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ralphdan(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
san316:
The social media senator himself.

However, I agree with him. The south believes because oil comes from the south and Nigeria depends on oil, the north is dependent on them.

Fact is, the average northerner does not even benefit from oil money, they mostly live off agriculture, business and menial jobs.

The so called southerners who claim to be feeding the nation have no input whatsoever to the economy other than the fact that the resources were naturally deposited in their region.

WHO IS THIS DULL HEAD SO THE SOUTHERNS DONT CONTRIBUTE TO THE ECONOMY,ITS DANGOTE THAT IS CARRYING NIGERIAN ECONOMY.
SHAME ON YOU.
THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT THE NORTH IS PULLING US BACK. SIMPLE!
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Junior66(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
carinmom:
One of the few times the man made sense.

The salary paid to my parents and yours is from a poor man's farm in the Niger-Delta area.

Are you saying that fuel is distributed free in the north while you buy food items from them? You are the one who is funny and doesn't make any sense.
The proceeds from oil is not given to the southerners alone while the proceeds from Onions and tomatoes is given to the farmer northerner. Have u spotted the differece now? #i am a middlebelt "northerner" though#

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by kaziblake(f): 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
amuokuko:
I believe they re educated as their Daura King..

Bruce must ve eaten a contaminated apple from the North this weekend..

Go to UAE, virtually all their foods re imported but they ve the crude, can u even compare our economy with theirs..

The Pedophiles should keep their food..
chai!!!
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by lielbree: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
kettykin:
But my question is that if the North is independent of the south east and south south then why this angst and trepidation about biafra

That's the big question. Although I do believe the the north will definitely survive without the Niger delta and biafra but I don't understand why they so desperately want to hold on to one Nigeria which has proven to be a failed state.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by wristbangle: 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
EasternActivist:
Rice , yam, cocoa, cocoyam, potatoes, tomatoes, poultry farm, maize, cashew, pineapple, cassava, palmoil, garri, groundnut, oranges, mangoes, sorghum, pepper, crayfish e.t.c are grown in the south...

Is it the beans and the onions that graduated to feeding the south?

Omo this senator don't fall my hand, why bootlicking this northern asses just to get your books sold.

Rubbish

U no dey shame at all. Smhundecided
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by IGBOPRINCE: 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
ziccoit:
Only the blind individual who is suffering from chronic paucity of knowledge would carry such a stupid notion about a group of people especially the Notherners. I don't know why Mr Ben didn't call a spade a spade and put it that some SSners and SEners should receive a proper education and stop the chronic hatred they have for the Northerners.
Majority of what's being said about Northerners are borne out of nothing but hatred for those people.
you could have made a lot Of sense if you includes some s/wastes too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Tiffany Trump And Boyfriend, Michael Boulos Step Out Together In London / Nigerian Embassy In France Calls Police On EndSARS Protesters / Live Photos From James Ocholi's Burial - Dignitaries Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.