Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce (49629 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria / ''The North Is A Poverty Trap'' - Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by applemark: 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
Sometimes don't you just wish , this Benbella Bruce can just use his common sense and shut up.! Going on like he doesnt have cobwebs too! edyaat dyam fool man ( Jamaican Accent)
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Krismart(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:
Why do you think Igbos carry their fake products to sell in the North if they don't depend on other Nigerians to be successful. Make dem go open shop in Zambia.
And northerners buy d fake products knowing fully well that they are fake. Who is d fool here?

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
Being a senator does not mean you have common sense, we had yerima.

This man thinks its all about food i.e beans tomatoes, groundnut?

If North goes today, even with that food they have, they will suffer starvation. Why do northerners themselves starve, anyone who has been there know theres something called suffering.

Cant even to analyse this mans nonesense.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Standing5(m): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
DropShot:
IPOB touts and wailers will kill this man today.
I have opined same in the past on this forum and was nearly eaten raw for it. The north has the capacity to meet most of their needs and aren't as dependent on forex as the south. They won't listen to the voice of reasoning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ralphdan(m): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
mu2sa2:
And oil cannot be imported easily? ****

Oil can be imported easily but you will no longer eat the proceeds of what you dont own.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by pastormellanby: 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
Truth is bitter.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by winj: 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
Education is not ONLY about attending schools that teach western education or Islamic knowledge!

Education is the ability to know that non-Muslims are free to practice their religion within your immediate society

Education is the ability to know that a 9 year old girl is not ripe for marriage.

Education is the ability to know that prophet Mohammed centuries old teaching are not adequate for today's societies!

Ben Bruce is wrong, northern Nigeria (with the exception of the Christian middle belt) are uneducated!

Their lack of education is why they need Southern MONEY to sustain their useless unproductive masses whose only purpose is to eat, live, die and go meet Mohammed in Paradise!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Krismart(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
The food he is talking about the southerners still BUY from d north but d oil from d south is taken as Federal owned which they use to enrich themselves without paying to south. Where is d common sense Ben?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by pjecly: 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
Whao! What a shocker! Bruce has just hit the nail in the head. nomatter how Bitter the truth is, let it be told.
Second time am reading common sense from twiter senator.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ralphdan(m): 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

So why haven't they "turned Zambia to Lagos"? lmaooo
Am happy u recognized the efforts of the igbos @making lagos what it is today.Idiot!

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Krismart(m): 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
Even with their food majority of them that don't have access to the oil money still starve. Common sense

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by boyo123(m): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Which terrible tremor? If I call una chestbeating gorillas, una go vex.
I use the Biafra flag to wipe my shit. If you really want biafra, start moving to the east and start investing in your erosive region.
dont mind them, they want biafra yet they go home only during xmas
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by EasternActivist: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
wristbangle:

U no dey shame at all. Smhundecided

Shame for what??
You should be the one to be ashamed

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by meccuno: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:
Why do you think Igbos carry their fake products to sell in the North if they don't depend on other Nigerians to be successful. Make dem go open shop in Zambia.
there are more igbos in zambia that your tribe put together in west africa. Even the presidential plane of gambia was orjo uzor kalus plane. Igbos are in every west african state doing business and they are doing just fine. Moreover fake products are for people like you who can't afford original products so deal with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Standing5(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
gcode123:
Being a senator does not mean you have common sense, we had yerima.

This man thinks its all about food i.e beans tomatoes, groundnut?

If North goes today, even with that food they have, they will suffer starvation. Why do northerners themselves starve, anyone who has been there know theres something called suffering.

Cant even to analyse this mans nonesense.
Going by the bold parts up there, how will they suffer starvation if they already food in excess? Is It your imaginary oil and its 'imaginary' value that's best imagined you want to trade in exchange for food? Stop being delusional man.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by atoleybaba(m): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
amuokuko:
I believe they re educated as their Daura King..

Bruce must ve eaten a contaminated apple from the North this weekend..

Go to UAE, virtually all their foods re imported but they ve the crude, can u even compare our economy with theirs..

The Pedophiles should keep their food..
their economy is not better than ours cause of the oil...the reason why our economy is not better than theirs is cos of one simple thing you and I are familiar with "corruption"
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by meccuno: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
san316:
The social media senator himself.

However, I agree with him. The south believes because oil comes from the south and Nigeria depends on oil, the north is dependent on them.

Fact is, the average northerner does not even benefit from oil money, they mostly live off agriculture, business and menial jobs.

The so called southerners who claim to be feeding the nation have no input whatsoever to the economy other than the fact that the resources were naturally deposited in their region.
but when these same people who do not benefit decide to leave, we hear shouts of one Nigeria. The jokes on you dude!

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by atoleybaba(m): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
kettykin:
But my question is that if the North is independent of the south east and south south then why this angst and trepidation about biafra
like what Ben said in his book, we are interdependent. We need each other
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ibolt4m(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
As a southern man mk I jst dy laugh angry grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ralphdan(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

How have the igbo indigenes in Cameroon turned the country to Lagos. iShit claiming control of Nigeria's economy, but they depend on Nigeria's economy to thrive. That's why they carry their fake products all over Lagos, Ibadan, Kano etc. Who wan buy fake goods? Innoson ko Innoshit ni

Hmmmm i feel the hate in your heart,i see the love dat remain its so little am looking at the....... grin

3 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ibolt4m(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
Dis Bruce get sense oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin :DD...u leave oil money becos of rice n beans cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by mandax: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ben Bruce is 100% wrong when he says that the south depends on the north for food.

I don't know which south Bruce was talking about, but southeast zone can produce all over its food needs and have enough to export to its neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ralphdan(m): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2016
atoleybaba:
like what Ben said in his book, we are interdependent. We need each other

We dont need you please
na by force? grin
why u and am go de talk una mind de still talk our mind

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by MadCow1: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
mandax:
Ben Bruce is 100% wrong when he says that the south depends on the north for food.

I don't know which south he thinks, but southeast zone can produce all over its food needs and have enough to export to its neighbours.

Please lets stop decieving ourselves..

I am a Southerner and I know what Rivers State is like when Riots block fod supply coming from the North to places like 'Fruit garden' in Kaduna street and more.

The moment those trucks dont arrive as scheduled every week, prices of food stuff goes very very high.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by san316(m): 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ralphdan:

WHO IS THIS DULL HEAD SO THE SOUTHERNS DONT CONTRIBUTE TO THE ECONOMY,ITS DANGOTE THAT IS CARRYING NIGERIAN ECONOMY.
SHAME ON YOU.
THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT THE NORTH IS PULLING US BACK. SIMPLE!

Now the north is pulling you back, not depending on you any more. Some of your southern states receive allocations three times that of three northern states put together but what have they done with it?

When the southern states that are half the population become developed, we can accept your position. But as it is, some northern states are still far better than some southern states. FACT

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:
Why do you think Igbos carry their fake products to sel in north.
Is becos north dont have sense and the like cheap things.

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by applemark: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
makes sense

san316:

However, I agree with him. The south believes because oil comes from the south and Nigeria depends on oil, the north is dependent on them.

Fact is, the average northerner does not even benefit from oil money, they mostly live off agriculture, business and menial jobs.

The so called southerners who claim to be feeding the nation have no input whatsoever to the economy other than the fact that the resources were naturally deposited in their region.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
san316:

Now the north is pulling you back, not depending on you any more. Some of your southern states receive allocations three times that of three northern states put together but what have they done with it?

When the southern states that are half the population become developed, we can accept your position. But as it is, some northern states are still far better than some southern states. FACT
For your mind abi?
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by kick(f): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
I have one question!! just one question!!
Senator Bruce lia Mohammed. How come Northerners children beg food?

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by atoleybaba(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ralphdan:

We dont need you please
na by force? grin
why u and am go de talk una mind de still talk our mind
Lol...OK Na I hear u. When suffer iyaf beat u people don't say u want to come back ooo. Oil is not kuku moving as before so u people can feed on the oil tongue

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ralphdan(m): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
edoyad:

In equally the same way, after selling agricultural produce, the north could buy crude oil from Niger or any African neighours

we are not saying you are dependent on our oil but on the proceeds of our oil. Is that hard for u to understand. Ok can your people be sharing the proceeds from their farm products among Nigerian states?

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by ojinuocheibi(m): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
san316:

they won't like this but it is the evident truth.long live my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy In France Calls Police On EndSARS Protesters / Live Photos From James Ocholi's Burial - Dignitaries Arrival / Nigerian Soldier Caught Bush Meat In Cameroon. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.