Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K (41237 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning / South Africans Blast Nigerians On Facebook: "Nigerians Must Be Deported" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by mctowel01: 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
IamAtribalist:
cool Mikel is safe. His babymama is a billionaire in dollars and Mikel is a millionaire in dollars. cool
Mikel is already a citizen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
Atmmachine:

Deport ??
You haven't been to America.
You think you can wake up one day and start deporting people ??

Serial killers who killed 200 people are given a free legal representatives.
If Osama bin laden was caught alive, we is entitled to have the best lawyer in the world for free.

In America, a police cannot enter your house or search your car without a search warrant.
How do you think you can just wake up and decide to deport people.

And for your information, if there are 100 Nigerians in America, 2 are illegal.
The illegal aliens are the Mexicans and people from south, and northern american.

Do you homework
Right.
Trump can't deport all 11 million undocumented immigrants. It would be an expensive operation that would require tens or 100s of thousands of new ICE officers, which would cost tax payers more.

Bin Laden wouldn't even be tortured if he was captured alive during this Obama administration.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by SweetSoup(m): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
So Nigerians are the only non-EU migrant in the UK? Op well done you hear....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Atmmachine(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

Oh yeah? The US is completely devoid of racial prejudices? Tell me more please. You think blacks are handled the same way the whites are being handled? You probably have never been harassed by people who automatically think you're drug dealer cos of the colour of your skin. BTW, I said abroad, I didn't particularise America. Common be reasonable with me.

You know why blacks are killed by the police in America ??
Have you ever been with any African American ?? Please, please, don't ever associate with those people.
Though they're are our brothers, they behave like animals.
Do you know what hood is ?? I don't think you wanna know.
I've personally witnessed 2 white guys get killed in Philadelphia, The police can use a deadly force if his life is in danger.
The only innocent black guy killed was Eric Williams and it was unintentional, he was put on choke hold and his old ass couldn't Handel it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by tbliss22(m): 5:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
ooshinibos:

I like your thinking but we should not adapt to situation that can be fixed by humans and government , that's the greatest hindrance of a Nigerian and the black race .... and our leaders have exploited it to the max ( they always say Nigerians or Africans are adaptable and because of this the elected leaders have out rightly refuse to do their constitutional duties because we will always adapt ) , why should I adapt to non-electricity when the Government has allotted billions of dollars to provide this services ? , we don't have to adapt to evil and bad situations that are fixable and within our capacity , .... I can adapt to weather and environmental condition but not to lack of the provision of basic amenities , it is evil to adapt to lack of basic needs especially when the means of provision is available--- it is does not make sense and it is not reality . Peace and love

Well I pray you don't join those that will be told to come home because if you were told, I guess you will have to love these same series of trash back home or you launch another visa to U.S.A.

My advice is if that unexpected occurs try and prepare to get use to it asap, the earlier the better.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
manny4life:

Do you live in the U.S. at all OR you regurgitate stories of people who live in the U.S. tell you? U.S. is a country where a 2 year old can take a president to court and win? What do you guys smoke sometimes? Since Obama has been president, how many lawsuits have been filed against him personally including the birth certificate saga?

I think the president has the power to do shitttt? Lmao... This indeed shows your ignorance. No point arguing with you. Please take a look into Obama's executive orders including the most recent order that will protect about 5 million undocumented immigrants facing deportation in which the Supreme Court last month agreed to review. Can you imagine if it was a democratic controlled congress, what do you think would have happened? How do you think Obamacare was enacted and became law? Indeed your ignorance is glaring.

The president cannot say what will happen in NY, PA or OH, governors are 20 times more powerful than the president YET it took 26 Republican states (TX filed it), that's more than half the U.S. for it to get the Supreme Court to intervene YET the president has no power in this states? Continue deceiving yourself.

The moment you said "do you know how many courts you have to go through", this is when I decided that you have NO clue on how immigration works. Please stick to what you know. Like I said, IF Trump becomes president with a Republican Controlled Congress, then you'll see how much power Trump has. No need arguing further.

Remember that it's not a given that the SCOTUS would affirm the legality of Obama's executive orders on immigration.
The purported legal justification of the EOs, premised on "prosecutorial discretion", ain't water-tight because the EOs go way beyond the bounds of prosecutorial discretion. Already, a federal judge has blocked the implementation of Obama's EO.

Moreover, the Speaker of the House of Reps, is practically as powerful as the president on domestic affairs. The HOR could decide not to pass an appropriations bill, if the Speaker declines to schedule a vote on it.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Henryubani44(m): 6:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Can I get some likes? Am plus one today

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by ttmacoy: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
And what exactly should your ambassadors do? Determine UK immigration policy?

The title is misleading btw, he put Nigerians to sensationalise the story. It is not targeted at Nigerians but non EU migrants.

PeteVlogger:
This news is a very sad one... What are our ambassadors doing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by manny4life(m): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
CFCman:

Remember that it's not a given that the SCOTUS would affirm the legality of Obama's executive orders on immigration.
The purported legal justification of the EOs, premised on "prosecutorial discretion", ain't water-tight because the EOs go way beyond the bounds of prosecutorial discretion. Already, a federal judge has blocked the implementation of Obama's EO.

Moreover, the Speaker of the House of Reps, is practically as powerful as the president on domestic affairs. The HOR could decide not to pass an appropriations bill, if the Speaker declines to schedule a vote on it.

Bro, the contention here is not the legality of the EO's but IF the president has such powers at his discretion. I am very much aware it was blocked by a federal judge which the Appeals court affirmed, but my point remains that it took 26 states Attorney General to actually get the Supreme Court to review it. Heck, the Republican Controlled Congress accused Obama of trying to circumvent Congressional rules. TX AG stated in his opinion that the Executive Arm is not in the business of making laws. So if the President was less powerful, why did the states go to court to stop Obama rather than ignoring the order and challenging the president? This is why I cited Obamacare, Republicans have tried many times to repeal the Act, heck SCOTUS affirmed the Act, so what exactly are we talking about?

I'm only trying to educate the dude that the "Office of the President of the United States" is very powerful and NOT the stories he thinks or what people tell him. My point: if we're seeing this right now because it's Obama, what do you think will happen when Trump is president adding a Republican controlled congress? Why does he think Republican Controlled Congress vowed NOT to confirm timely the next SCOTUS justice until after the election? Yet the president doesn't have the powers..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by ooshinibos: 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
tbliss22:

Well I pray you don't join those that will be told to come home because if you were told, I guess you will have to love these same series of trash back home or you launch another visa to U.S.A.

My advice is if that unexpected occurs try and prepare to get use to it asap, the earlier the better.

You right bruv , if I do come , I have a solution , I will be bring solar panels to generate electricity and solar batteries to be used in the night ..I guess I will have TO dig a borehole as well ..and for security I will bring motion movement CCTV ..cash will not be a problem based on the exchange rate ..what else do I need ??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by PeteVlogger: 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
ttmacoy:

And what exactly should your ambassadors do? Determine UK immigration policy?

The title is misleading btw, he put Nigerians to sensationalise the story. It is not targeted at Nigerians but non EU migrants.

You don't know foreign policy that's why you are asking this ignorant question
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by PeteVlogger: 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
afolayangs:
not only naija. its applicable to all non EU

Now EU? Are you trying to tell me it will bind on Americans too?
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by PeteVlogger: 6:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
linearity:

And what will the ambassador do about this? This is a new UK immigration policy that affects immigrants from every country filing for indefinite leave to stay, Nigeria was not singled out.

The worst that the affected countries, like Nigeria can do is to enact compensatory immigration policies along the same lines to affect British Citizens within their border.

They can protest unpopular decisions
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by piagetskinner(m): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
N'a to marry oyinbo remain o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
CFCman:

Right.
Trump can't deport all 11 million undocumented immigrants. It would be an expensive operation that would require tens or 100s of thousands of new ICE officers, which would cost tax payers more.

Bin Laden wouldn't even be tortured if he was captured alive during this Obama administration.

Trump cannot deport all 11 million immigrants but with the right resource, he would deport them and ask questions later... Don't be deceived. Laws did not fall from heaven, laws are made by men, like you and I. Obamacare that has helped rather than hurt millions of America was an Act that was set in motion during Nancy Pelosi, today it is law. Whether you agree to Obamacare or not, it's already a law. That's how yall would wake tomorrow and realize there's a new Act that will automatically remove 11 million immigrants and with the perfect system, you have millions of people removed from the U.S. after which questions will be asked later. Whether you agree with Bush or not, he implemented several unfavorable policies (together with congress). Again, like I've always said, never underestimate Trump and his republican friends.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by rhames(m): 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
PeteVlogger:
This news is a very sad one... What are our ambassadors doing

As usual, sitting on the fence.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by erico2k2(m): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

Nope, you're wrong. I can, I choose not to!
Story 4 the gods
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2016
PeteVlogger:

Now EU? Are you trying to tell me it will bind on Americans too?
Yes Americans.Canadians etc
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by rusher14: 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
blueseacats:
If he's not a yahoo boy , that explains it.

Only Yahoo boys earn above 36k in UK?
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by erico2k2(m): 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Only idiotss go to England, I don't see anything there.
Coming from a person who lives in Holland ??
How many English citizens come to Holland d to hustle? ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by PeteVlogger: 6:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
erico2k2:

Yes Americans.Canadians etc
Very well then. Let's watch how America will react Bro
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
manny4life:

Trump cannot deport all 11 million immigrants but with the right resource, he would deport them and ask questions later... Don't be deceived. Laws did not fall from heaven, laws are made by men, like you and I. Obamacare that has helped rather than hurt millions of America was an Act that was set in motion during Nancy Pelosi, today it is law. Whether you agree to Obamacare or not, it's already a law. That's how yall would wake tomorrow and realize there's a new Act that will automatically remove 11 million immigrants and with the perfect system, you have millions of people removed from the U.S. after which questions will be asked later. Whether you agree with Bush or not, he implemented several unfavorable policies (together with congress). Again, like I've always said, never underestimate Trump and his republican friends.

Deporting 11 million people would also entail detaining them in facilities that look like Nazi concentration camps. The optics of such mass deportation would look bad for America's image. Even Republican members of Congress from blue or purple states wouldn't vote for such a bill to pass.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by tbliss22(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
ooshinibos:

You right bruv , if I do come , I have a solution , I will be bring solar panels to generate electricity and solar batteries to be used in the night ..I guess I will have TO dig a borehole as well ..and for security I will bring motion movement CCTV ..cash will not be a problem based on the exchange rate ..what else do I need ??

Lolz... How do I know what you will need Bro plan things out yourself and I wish you all the best.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by ttmacoy: 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
Really and you do?

So you expect Nigerian ambassadors drive UK immigration policy right? Same way Britain drives Nigerian immigration policy? Or the way Ghanaian ambassador makes demand to Nigerians foreign ministry?

Also the title is totally wrong and the OP just used it to drive traffic as he knows we will jump on and start abusing.

They are not deporting people already in the UK but saying in the future if you want to remain in the UK via work permit then you must be earning no less than 35k gbp. They have every right to do so and I still do not see what the Nigerian ambassador or high commissioner will say about it. Also this is not targeted at Nigerians but non EU migrants.

Btw if you are not earning 35k as a graduate after 5 years then maybe you should return to Nigeria as it means you have not been able to secure a good professional job.

PeteVlogger:

You don't know foreign policy that's why you are asking this ignorant question

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by pho27(f): 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
little wonder my cousin told me he would be coming home this year after many wasted years.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by manny4life(m): 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
CFCman:

Deporting 11 million people would also entail detaining them in facilities that look like Nazi concentration camps. The optics of such mass deportation would look bad for America's image. Even Republican members of Congress from blue or purple states wouldn't vote for such a bill to pass.

They don't need Nazi concentration styled camps to deport illegals... Take for instance, TX has a law that requires a police officer to request your immigration status if they have reason to believe you're here illegally. Whether this is legal or not is up to the courts to decide (I think it's currently being litigated, I may be wrong). Just think of several hundreds if not thousands of cities and counties and their systems (republican states) with expedited proceedings, you won't even know this is happening. All they need is a system and not necessarily camps for detainees. Trust and believe a huge chunk of 11 million people would be deported.

What has republican members of congress done about gun violence and racial profiling? Isn't this aggressively affecting America's image? Rather, you have states like TX that recently passed a law for you to openly carry a firearm and you're talking about image. America already has a battered image, immigration will not add or take anything from it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by rusher14: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
pho27:
little wonder my cousin told me he would be coming home this year after many wasted years.

I don't know your cousin or maybe I do.

My question is can you please explain how he wasted years away?

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by ttmacoy: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Yes they do need migrants but there is only so much they can take and don't forget they also have lots of people coming in from EU countries including the newer members like Romania so they will not be short of low job workers.

Countries like Australia and Canada have more favourable immigration policies now because they need people but it will not always be the case as at some point they too will tighten rules to control immigration. It's a matter of demand v supply.

jantavanta:

.....my fair lady.....!

The bridge cannot carry everybody forever. But they seem to always need immigrants. It is like a cycle of need now then deport later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
erico2k2:

Yeah true but the vast majority of them do.
I have Pharmacy friends working with NHS all over the country, and engineers too. They usually make around high 20's/low 30's. The pay in the UK is ridiculously low. Using pharm as example, Pharmacist with "5 to 10 years" earn £35k average (that's like 64K CAD or 48K USD). Whereas "entry" level pharms in Canada and US earn average of 80k CAD and 100k US dollars respectively.

I think the presence of too many immigrants plus less available jobs to go round are driving down wages in the UK, and I am sure the locals won't like that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
erico2k2:

Coming from a person who lives in Holland ??
How many English citizens come to Holland d to hustle? ?

Well, i'm not against those travelling there, only that I don't like their system, I prefer Amsterdam to London.

My view,just my view.

God bless you all.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by bankybobo11: 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
erico2k2:

Story 4 the gods

Tcheew. Thought you're reasonable
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by politicalpastor: 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
2sydoflyf:
My uncle should be on his way back to Nigeria. That man never even fit send bread come house since he comot. Maybe na because e salary no reach £35,000.

If it easy why don't you travel to UK and send bread home. Some people are just running their mouths
On social media

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady In Italy For 30 Years Blasts Nigerian Embassy In Italy / Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.