Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K (41240 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning / South Africans Blast Nigerians On Facebook: "Nigerians Must Be Deported" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by bankybobo11: 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
asokoromadam:

Everyone leaves Nigeria because it is a failed country .If a country's court is not cleansed no one is safe there

If everyone leaves Nigeria, who will mend it?
About 40% of Nigerian emigrants constitute nuisances abroad.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

You can do the thinking for me. Acting like you know me. You have succeeded in making yourself known, now I know your location is Scotland. Can you leave me to my opinion now?

I know that you cannot think

And that is not an opinion. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

What have those in Nigeria mended?

Where did you get your statistics from? lipsrsealed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
not many people earn that kind of money ( not even pharmacist or engineers in their early careers.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by yinkslinks(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
So right
Atmmachine:
UK of all places ??
I would rather be in Nigeria than live in UK.

The only country in the world is USA.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Ekakamba: 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
tgmservice:
This can't affect me as I earn over a million pounds monthly in the UK
your own nå special case. You'll be made a citizen, adviser to Queen Eli, and an additional £3m go dey enter your account every minute. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by afolayangs(m): 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
not only naija. its applicable to all non EU
PeteVlogger:
This news is a very sad one... What are our ambassadors doing
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by manny4life(m): 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

Oh yeah? The US is completely devoid of racial prejudices? Tell me more please. You think blacks are handled the same way the whites are being handled? You probably have never been harassed by people who automatically think you're drug dealer cos of the colour of your skin. BTW, I said abroad, I didn't particularise America. Common be reasonable with me.

Please don't waste your time or energy arguing with him, his type is the reason why blacks cannot seem to find their footing in today's society. To imagine a black man like me living in the U.S. Society and ascribes to the stuff his posting is nothing short of disheartening. To even think he talked about voting, and thanks to the key parts of the VRA that was struck out by the Supreme Court in 2013 I believe, blacks and minorities are disenfranchised in voting. I don't argue with his kind of person because it takes a whole lot for them to see facts even if it slaps them a million times.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by toprealman: 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
henrydadon:
hahahaha..Interesting...wait until Donald trump becomes president..he will dump trump all of them outside.. grin grin
UK not usa
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by 2sydoflyf(m): 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
daretodiffer:

He does not owe you shishi undecided

If you want money, go and ask your parents
What if it's community contributions that took him to where he is now?
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by erico2k2(m): 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
nairaman66:
I say screw the uk.., it's just a glorified Lagos! This will actually affect their IGR since most skilled workforce are not from the UK.
You will be suprised at how many Nigerians earn above £35k

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by bankybobo11: 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
manny4life:

Please don't waste your time or energy arguing with him, his type is the reason why blacks cannot seem to find their footing in today's society. To imagine a black man like me living in the U.S. Society and ascribes to the stuff his posting is nothing short of disheartening. To even think he talked about voting, and thanks to the key parts of the VRA that was struck out by the Supreme Court in 2013 I believe, blacks and minorities are disenfranchised in voting. I don't argue with his kind of person because it takes a whole lot for them to see facts even if it slaps them a million times.

Thank you for being a reasonable African-American
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by erico2k2(m): 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
princey83:
not many people earn that kind of money ( not even pharmacist or engineers in their early careers.
Yeah true but the vast majority of them do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by erico2k2(m): 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

I smell envy and jelousy plus loads of bad blood

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by bankybobo11: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
daretodiffer:

What have those in Nigeria mended?

Where did you get your statistics from? lipsrsealed undecided

Please ask the gods. I'm not interested in replying you cos I can't come to understand why you'll be asking questions from a fellow who can't think.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by bankybobo11: 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
erico2k2:

I smell envy and jelousy plus loads of bad blood

Nope, you're wrong. I can, I choose not to!
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

Please ask the gods. I'm not interested in replying you cos I can't come to understand why you'll be asking questions from a fellow who can't think.

You won't have come up with such ridiculous reasons if you had used your medulla oblongata

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by seunajia: 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Stupid post. The law is not specifically targeted at Nigerians. Some ignoramus are already celebrating.

I can't complain. It is a nice way of removing "deadwood". Although it incorrectly assumes a tight correlation exists between wages, proficiency and career progression. Some professionals aren't paid that much at any time and they're not useless, eg teachers.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

Thank you for your time. You can get the fúck off my mentions now

Don't run away embarassed
Won't you like some points to buy a thinking cap?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by vickylala239: 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
GurlFriend:
Nigerians, from next month, non-EU migrants in the UK earning less than £35,000 will be deported.

The new Home Office policy, which comes into force on April 6, applies to all overseas workers who have been in the UK for five years on a Tier 2 visa.

If they can’t prove that they’re earning more than £35,000, they will be denied settlement and will face deportation.

Teachers, IT professionals and journalists could all be badly affected.

A petition launched at the beginning of the year called for the threshold to be reconsidered – it gathered more than 100,000 signatures and was debated in parliament last week.

So what’s actually changing?

To settle in the UK as a skilled worker, non-EU migrants need to have a Tier 2 visa. For this you need:

An offer for a job in the UK that pays at least £20,800
Have had at least £945 in your bank account for 90 days
A certificate of sponsorship from your employer (which can cost between £536 and £1,476)
To pay a £200 annual healthcare surcharge
To prove your English language proficiency

After five years on this visa, skilled workers are able to apply for ‘indefinite leave to remain’ – and this is what is about to change.

From April, anyone applying for indefinite leave to remain will need to earn at least £35,000.

Nurses are temporarily exempt from this threshold, along with PhD-level jobs and any professions that have been on the official ‘shortage occupation list’ while the person has been living here.

However, the earnings threshold could be applied to migrant nurses in the future.

Teachers aren’t exempt (unless they are professors in certain disciplines). Even David Cameron’s mum has lost her job because of Tory cuts

In fact, the Home Office’s own analysis of the policy in 2012 revealed that the new threshold would have a significant impact on teachers, IT professionals and marketing managers.

What if I’ve been in the UK for more than five years?
Then you won’t be deported – the new rule doesn’t apply to anyone who entered the country on a Tier 2 visa on or before April 5 2011.

I’ve been here for a decade, will I be deported?
No – as long as you’ve been living here for 10 continuous years, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain with no salary threshold.

So if you came here in 2006 as a student visa, then moved directly onto a skilled workers’ visa, you can apply to settle here regardless of how much you earn.

The only condition is that you can’t have left the UK for more than 180 days at a time, or 540 days in total.

I’m here on a marriage visa, will I have to leave?

No, the changes only apply to people on a Tier 2 visa.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/12/from-april-people-will-be-deported-for-earning-less-than-35000-5748436/

Why cant you Ppl mke it more tight than this.....

Pls mke it worst so Dat Ppl will stay in their country

Pls deport anything call Nigerians....

Deport any country that start with N
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
2sydoflyf:
What if it's community contributions that took him to where he is now?

And so? Should he kill himself because the community helped him? Do you know what they might have been asking him to send money for?

Does he know what he might be facing here?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hmmmmmmm! Wailers go blame Buhari for dis grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by bankybobo11: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
daretodiffer:

Don't run away embarassed
Won't you like some points to buy a thinking cap?

You clearly are obsessed with me. I see no reason why you should attack me just because our opinions differ. Keep up your folly
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
bankybobo11:

You clearly are obsessed with me. I see no reason why you should attack me just because our opinions differ. Keep up your folly

That wasn't an opinion

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
GurlFriend:
Nigerians, from next month, non-EU migrants in the UK earning less than £35,000 will be deported.

The new Home Office policy, which comes into force on April 6, applies to all overseas workers who have been in the UK for five years on a Tier 2 visa.

If they can’t prove that they’re earning more than £35,000, they will be denied settlement and will face deportation.

Teachers, IT professionals and journalists could all be badly affected.

A petition launched at the beginning of the year called for the threshold to be reconsidered – it gathered more than 100,000 signatures and was debated in parliament last week.

So what’s actually changing?

To settle in the UK as a skilled worker, non-EU migrants need to have a Tier 2 visa. For this you need:

An offer for a job in the UK that pays at least £20,800
Have had at least £945 in your bank account for 90 days
A certificate of sponsorship from your employer (which can cost between £536 and £1,476)
To pay a £200 annual healthcare surcharge
To prove your English language proficiency

After five years on this visa, skilled workers are able to apply for ‘indefinite leave to remain’ – and this is what is about to change.

From April, anyone applying for indefinite leave to remain will need to earn at least £35,000.

Nurses are temporarily exempt from this threshold, along with PhD-level jobs and any professions that have been on the official ‘shortage occupation list’ while the person has been living here.

However, the earnings threshold could be applied to migrant nurses in the future.

Teachers aren’t exempt (unless they are professors in certain disciplines). Even David Cameron’s mum has lost her job because of Tory cuts

In fact, the Home Office’s own analysis of the policy in 2012 revealed that the new threshold would have a significant impact on teachers, IT professionals and marketing managers.

What if I’ve been in the UK for more than five years?
Then you won’t be deported – the new rule doesn’t apply to anyone who entered the country on a Tier 2 visa on or before April 5 2011.

I’ve been here for a decade, will I be deported?
No – as long as you’ve been living here for 10 continuous years, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain with no salary threshold.

So if you came here in 2006 as a student visa, then moved directly onto a skilled workers’ visa, you can apply to settle here regardless of how much you earn.

The only condition is that you can’t have left the UK for more than 180 days at a time, or 540 days in total.

I’m here on a marriage visa, will I have to leave?

No, the changes only apply to people on a Tier 2 visa.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/12/from-april-people-will-be-deported-for-earning-less-than-35000-5748436/

Only idiotss go to England, I don't see anything there.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by ooshinibos: 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
tbliss22:

Bros I might not really know you in person but believe me the blood of an african is the toughest and anywhere you go you are and will always be a NIGERIAN.

Its all about TIME you will get used to it. You can always get adapted to any situation, why? Because you are a NIGERIAN

and that's the issue bruv ..we have endured too much and that's why Nigeria is the way it is , we have put up with so much junk or bad governance ...I refuse to adapt to bad governance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by 2sydoflyf(m): 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
daretodiffer:

And so? Should he kill himself because the community helped him? Do you know what they might have been asking him to send money for?

Does he know what he might be facing here?
Nobody wants him to kill himself. He should come back home if things are no ok with him over there.
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by bankybobo11: 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
daretodiffer:

That wasn't an opinion

Okay
Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
2sydoflyf:
Nobody wants him to kill himself. He should come back home if things are no ok with him over there.

Why don't you go and drag him back? Shebi you know the way to UK? undecided

How is it your effing business?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K by seunajia: 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
A lot of envy on this thread. One eejit was even asking why anyone ever goes to the UK. You know TF £35K is?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire / Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / Obituary Of The Only Daughter Killed In Road Accident In Igbariam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.