Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,618 members, 7,840,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination (22133 Views)

Flood Displaces Residents In Owerri After 12-Hour Rain (Photos) / Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria / Jonathan Goes On Exile In Cote D’Ivoire, Militants Move To Shutdown Oil Output (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Vanpascore(m): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
kolokolobi:

Thank you Sir. I had written that a few months back last year. It was seen coming already. I dare say if the issues mentioned are tackled and investment is made in infrastructure Nigeria will easily retake first spot. The population and demographics are magnets can not be ignored. An improved economy with purchasing power, stability in governance and security will naturally turn things in our favor as country specific advantages.

I'd rather we focus on rallying around the government in power to get this done than pointing fingers. If you ask me the current government may get it right. It's methods may be better refined and it needs to articulate it's direction. Yes it's said security corruption and infrastructure are it's key objectives it must find a way to pass the message that it's doing just that. Repeatedly. Unfortunately the atmosphere is so polarized that some people actually do not want it succeed just so they can say... I told you. It could have been worse if status quo was maintained after the recent elections. They were ready to rape this country to death.

Bro, God bless you. I love whot yu wrote
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Vanpascore(m): 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

Don't fool urself, we were number one because of GEJ managed the country well and created a business friendly environment. If u mismanage d saame country. U can never be number 1 again. Stop thinking like a zombie. Be logic, intelligent and rational in ur thoughts.

and what benefit did masses get from it??
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by seyilabi(m): 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
kossyablaze:
Body Odour everywhere!....I regret voting this brainless dullard!Pls forgive me wailers! I was naïve and brainwashed.My eyes don clear now
I pray u live to regret this assertion. Change we clamour for is not & can never be a rocket science but a gradual thing dat will soon come to be materialise. angry
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by ikechuk0: 11:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
seyilabi:

I pray u live to regret this assertion. Change we clamour for is not & can never be a rocket science but a gradual thing dat will soon come to be materialise. angry

Will you shut up. The change should be going forward, not backwards. Didn't your parents teach you anything?

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by seyilabi(m): 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
ikechuk0:

Will you shut up. The change should be going forward, not backwards. Didn't your parents teach you anything?
IK my guy, it has gotten to where u'll involve my parents. Change we clamour for is imminent. It is here & I pray dat u'll be alive to witness it.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by ikechuk0: 12:04am On Mar 19, 2016
seyilabi:

IK my guy, it has gotten to where u'll involve my parents. Change we clamour for is imminent. It is here & I pray dat u'll be alive to witness it.

Chei. The juju dey gave you is too much. You are too far gone, I pity you. I'll pray for you

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by rikamann: 1:07am On Mar 19, 2016
FORGET ABOUT THE SUBMISSION, NIGERIA IS THE COUNTRY TO INVEST IN AFRICA
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2016
flokii:

you sir.. should be ashamed of ursef

so your prayer is for this country to degenerate.. all cos of ur "tribal bias" and hatred towards Buhari..

better sit down and think... Nigeria will move forward regardless of what any pessimist feels
... Too lame. I was expecting a superior argument.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by cokerbku: 1:15am On Mar 19, 2016
Look at that
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Ugosample(m): 1:25am On Mar 19, 2016
fistonati:
You mean that wartorn Ivory coast?? What am I even saying what do you expect when Nigeria is at war with itself and the leaders are celebrating economic crisis while rural infrastructure, roads dualization, epileptic power supply, education and agriculture are turned deaf ears to.

You are calling Ivory Coast war torn?
Lol
The ivory coast I know and visit is not war torn. It is a country Nigeria has to go and learn from. But because of our stupid pride, we will try to denigrate them.

2 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Ugosample(m): 1:33am On Mar 19, 2016
aloeman15:

She's actually right.
And buhari did promise true federalism.
Whether he knew the meaning is another matter.
You can't grow an industry on gen.
You can't grow crops with marauders.
You can't attract investment without a budget.
You can't convince Investors with a fraudulent budget.
You can't assure stability without rule of law.
You can't raise morale with a long suffering people (go ask the israelites of egypt).
You can't even retrieve stolen assets without records.
But most of all, you can't join the league of developed nations without educating and enlightening every man, woman and child.
You want a great nation?
Solve the last problem.

This post is epic! Nice one
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Pavarottii(m): 1:45am On Mar 19, 2016
Vanpascore:

and what benefit did masses get from it??
Cheap food rate, buying fuel at 87 without queuing, better roads, more schools, my brothers from the ND, scholarship abroad, youwin, I collected sure p money, credible elections, easier to do business, cheaper imported product, reasonable forex; no. Delayed salaries. just to mention a few

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by flokii: 4:00am On Mar 19, 2016
Pavarottii:

It will move forward in the context of time, but with buhari. I av not yet seen any indication we will move forward. Our economy grew at 2.8% in 2015. From 7% in 2014. Inflation is alll time high of 11.8%. NSE from about 20billion dollars to about 9billion dollars. Budget that shows no sign from diversification! Still allocating money to lookk for oil in Chad. No single project staarted or continued.

My brother God will not come down and help us. We will do it ourselves.
Don't lie to urself. Lemme ask u again. Are we moving forward?

we're facing some challenges now.. TRUE

doesn't mean we won't survive... buh you made it seem like all our troubles started with Buhari (which is not cool)

Usually I wouldn't quote you for airing ur views, but that "degenerate" you used was not just acceptable

PMB might not be d best option.. buh he's d only worthy option right now.. he's got d balls which GEJ lacks
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Obiwiz(m): 4:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Idrico:
Let them go there if the country have the market.Nigeria will still remain No1 in Africa.
why u like mediocrity like dis? U just like quota system to be d order of d day. Well, global economy is all about competitiveness, no quota, no mediocrity.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by soloniger(m): 6:07am On Mar 19, 2016
Idrico:
Let them go there if the country have the market.Nigeria will still remain No1 in Africa.
do they even have market sef
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by soloniger(m): 6:11am On Mar 19, 2016
Pavarottii:

Cheap food rate, buying fuel at 87 without queuing, better roads, more schools, my brothers from the ND, scholarship abroad, youwin, I collected sure p money, credible elections, easier to do business, cheaper imported product, reasonable forex; no. Delayed salaries. just to mention a few
that is when oil is @ $100 and above
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Vanpascore(m): 7:20am On Mar 19, 2016
Pavarottii:

I see! All these have shown in ur status because yu ar living a fulfiled life. Mind yu, we knew hw much fuel was sold den per barrel besides, sure-p collapsed b4 Jona left office, he should have tampered electoral process and see what Naija would av done. Jega did election not Jona. You can say petrol 87/ltr during oga jona abi? D fuel crises facing naija now started during Jona time, d money he owed marketers. Where are the better roads, when he did not start and finish any new road, if he did, pls mention. Talking about importation and forex, he new why he did that, to favour certain tribe. Bros, see, oga Jona failed.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by repogirl(f): 7:50am On Mar 19, 2016
flokii:

so your prayer is for this country to degenerate.. all cos of ur "tribal bias" and hatred towards Buhari..

better sit down and think... Nigeria will move forward regardless of what any pessimist feels
he was not being pessimistic but realistic! You people are expecting a miracle to happen but I am sorry, even miracles need something to work with.

Right now, there is absolutely nothing. The country is regressing, that is the fact.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by cheruv: 8:08am On Mar 19, 2016
sunkieisland:

i like it when i see people that objectively analyze a situation, no Nlanders that put the blame of everything ominous on d president.

You have a sleepless night.... Na Buhari cause am

You are unable to poo, ....

Nigerians should grow up and embrace the real virtues of nationhood.

Americans didn't blame their leaders like we do here, during d great depression

#NaijaisGreat....let's live accordingly
When a man seizes power in a civilian coup and fails to deliver...naturally everything should be blamed on him undecided
And for your info Nigeria is a geographical expression not a nation...I didn't say so,awo did...in 1947 cool
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by cheruv: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2016
flokii:

Keep dreaming bro!
Nigeria is not going anywhere but to perdition angry
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by 400billionman: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2016
kossyablaze:
Body Odour everywhere!....I regret voting this brainless dullard!Pls forgive me wailers! I was naïve and brainwashed.My eyes don clear now

Repentant progressive.

The stubborn zombies will land here and say you never supported Buhari..
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Okeikpu(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2016
Federal republic of Zoongeria grin grin with the brainless dullard as their leader grin
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by cheruv: 8:25am On Mar 19, 2016
fairheven:
I

Your problem is comprehension... A dose of it can be a "chain" undecided
Hahahahaha
The babe feels like she's tekh, not knowing she was talking OP cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by 400billionman: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2016
neolboy:
Chai, Baba destroying the economy GEJ and co fought so hard to make

By 2019, i will come and reclaim my mandate - GEJ..
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Chimdiebere(m): 8:31am On Mar 19, 2016
Vanpascore:

I see! All these have shown in ur status because yu ar living a fulfiled life. Mind yu, we knew hw much fuel was sold den per barrel besides, sure-p collapsed b4 Jona left office, he should have tampered electoral process and see what Naija would av done. Jega did election not Jona. You can say petrol 87/ltr during oga jona abi? D fuel crises facing naija now started during Jona time, d money he owed marketers. Where are the better roads, when he did not start and finish any new road, if he did, pls mention. Talking about importation and forex, he new why he did that, to favour certain tribe. Bros, see, oga Jona failed.
seconded!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by 400billionman: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2016
flokii:

No one is saying Nigeria wont move forward.

General statistics is showing backward movement

1. From first investment destination in Africa under GEJ to fourth under Buhari.

2. From 4th fastest growing economy worldwide to 11th.

3. Fuel from N87 a litre under GEJ to N145.

4. Rice from N8,500 per bag to N14,500.

5. Electricity in my area from 15 hours daily. To 5 hours weekly.

6. Pure water, from N100 per bag t N150.

Are you blind that you cant see ? When you choose to close your eyes to reality, you have become a PILLAR OF SALT.

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by poseidon12: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2016
kossyablaze:

You are forgiven, for being sincere. I hope people vote wisely in 2019. Buhari is not fit to be governor, talk less of president.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by flokii: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2016
400billionman:

No one is saying Nigeria wont move forward.

General statistics is showing backward movement

1. From first investment destination in Africa under GEJ to fourth under Buhari.

2. From 4th fastest growing economy worldwide to 11th.

3. Fuel from N87 a litre under GEJ to N145.

4. Rice from N8,500 per bag to N14,500.

5. Electricity in my area from 15 hours daily. To 5 hours weekly.

6. Pure water, from N100 per bag t N150.

Are you blind that you cant see ? When you choose to close your eyes to reality, you have become a PILLAR OF SALT.

as if you don't know that we Nigerians are own own problem..

evrytin was done without check then.. that was why d country seemed to be blooming..

just look at your statistics above.. was there economic downturn during GEJ's regime?

how much did oil sell for then?

you don't just jump into conclusions cos you feel like bro... now Buhari is trying to reduce importantion and encourage Nigerian businesses eg. Innoson, Dangote and co.

or you didn't know we were importing toothpicks, cottonbuds etc. bfor.. and we feel proud about it

with TIME I feel everything will fall in place as it should be..

no need to follow some statistics d whites show you which they can change anytime when things are no longer done in their favour.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by flokii: 9:42am On Mar 19, 2016
repogirl:
he was not being pessimistic but realistic! You people are expecting a miracle to happen but I am sorry, even miracles need something to work with.

Right now, there is absolutely nothing. The country is regressing, that is the fact.

He should not only be realistic.. he should be optimistic too

the country will still progress.. it's a matter of time
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Kenmoris22: 10:02am On Mar 19, 2016
Politicians have mess nigeria so much senseless and vision less old fools that call them self pdp and apc

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Reference(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2016
Honestly, it is well.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by kolokolobi(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
rikamann:
FORGET ABOUT THE SUBMISSION, NIGERIA IS THE COUNTRY TO INVEST IN AFRICA
Assumptions without facts. Very dangerous if you ask me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Justin Welby, The Archbishop Of England (Photos) / Pyrates Confraternity Calls For Emergence Of New Nation Builders In Nigeria / Kwara Assembly Urges Abdulrazaq To Revoke Saraki’s Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.