Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,840 members, 7,838,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination (22127 Views)

Flood Displaces Residents In Owerri After 12-Hour Rain (Photos) / Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria / Jonathan Goes On Exile In Cote D’Ivoire, Militants Move To Shutdown Oil Output (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigeria has the market to attract investors wit it's population.

This government has the worse economic team.

Political instability and tribal clashes every where.

How will it attract investors.

2 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by desunit(m): 7:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Just imagine. Which way Nigeria...
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by excel101(m): 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Idrico:
What happened when PDP rigged for Wike?
Bingo PDP won both in election proper and supreme court, so take note.

2 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nicur: 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
sunkieisland:

i like it when i see people that objectively analyze a situation, no Nlanders that put the blame of everything ominous on d president.

You have a sleepless night.... Na Buhari cause am

You are unable to poo, ....

Nigerians should grow up and embrace the real virtues of nationhood.

Americans didn't blame their leaders like we do here, during d great depression

#NaijaisGreat....let's live accordingly
no offense but have you been to America? even here in Europe, person wey no wan work dey earn, woe be tide Cameron make the money come late ( I mean hours oooh) Nigerians don't even blame their leaders thats why dem dey mess upandan!!

2 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Chukazu: 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dollyak:
This is not surprising when you look at the fact. Lagos for instance should be an investment magnet if it wasn't for politics.
I have never seen any major city that gives away more than 95% of its earnings to the federal government like Lagos.
Until Nigeria practice fiscal federalism there will never be progress.
The problem is as much the citizens as the leaders.

but seriously, what you posited doesnt tally with the topic of discussion

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by revived: 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by WelconnectTrav1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
kossyablaze:
Body Odour everywhere!.... Wait!Abeg who dey stay Gbagada here?
You seem obsessed with gbagada. Na there dem carry your matter go?

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by legalworld(f): 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sad!

Thanks to APC.

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by PublicAssurance: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=18pt]Go and Invest in Ivory Coast na![/size]

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
wristbangle:
The reason why ivory coast displayed Nigeria is because of stability in government, full power supply, zero tolerance for corruption and focus on agriculture.

This is not about buhari affairs alone. It's about the failed system of government from the 80's.

I hope Nigeria diversify quickly to other non sectors hence provide employment for youths and fix epileptic power supply to encourage investors.

Nobody wants to be spending on diesel for power generation. It's far expensive when compare to hydroelectric source of electricity.

Fashola has come to rescue us with Nuclear Energy. Soon Nigeria will..... experience real Change undecided. I only hope he has sense to cite it in his village and employ only his relatives and children of politicians like CBN did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by amtaken(f): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Am waiting for the Nigerian soldiers to do the needful.

It's about time.

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by truthspeaks: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jst watch, buhari will visit ivory Coast soon 2 ask y they r takin over grin grin
Rayhutar:
Mbuhari self!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by sarutobie(m): 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
jonathanrd:
I served in one of the SE state, I remember how I defended the President, saying he will be the best thing to ever happened to Nigeria, I defended in my community where I served, that my neighbour named me 'General Buhari' due to my love for him. How wrong was I. My neighbour called me few days back and I had nothing to defend this administration.
To be sincere, i'm beginning to loose interest in this administration, cos from all point of view, this administration has got no plans for this country! From my objective point of view! Regret canvassing for this dude!
Stories that touches the heart. Abeg make we hear word..you got what you bargained for because you refused to ask questions, you allowed others think for you..buhari didn't fall from the sky,he has a past which is documented..a renowned coup plotter..you got hoodwinked because of your ignorance.
That was how a certain corper was going on about how Jonathan didn't do jack sh*t, I asked him "are you aware a functioning rail terminal passes through your community in isiukuwato?".. To which the ignorant corper answered " no o, I didn't know"...am I surprised? Even Amaechi confessed to not being aware of the rehabilitated rail networks until he became a minister. Jokers

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by truthspeaks: 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Wit d evryday killings going on @ a geometric rate, let's pray our market will still be our strength.
Idrico:
Let them go there if the country have the market.Nigeria will still remain No1 in Africa.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by olutunde12(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
DrMeroThaEmperor:
Why don't I believe this story?

I'm no Buhari loyalist- I heard if I post "...BooBoo is a dullard..." I will get 'likes'.

I know Nigeria shall rise again.

You have the right to believe what ever you want to believe. But if i say a dollar is now 100 naira, you will believe? I dont know why bubu supporters now lack the boldness they had up till june last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by kossyablaze(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
repogirl:
why
I'm new here at Gbagada/Lagos.So I don't av any friend around or av somewhere to go to.I'm bored o!Pls tell me u around!
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by repogirl(f): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
kossyablaze:
I'm new here at Gbagada/Lagos.So I don't av any friend around or av somewhere to go to.I'm bored o!Pls tell me u around!
nope. grin
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by 247notire(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
kossyablaze:
Body Odour everywhere!....
Wait!Abeg who dey stay Gbagada here?
Nwanne where have thou been? I dey stay gbagada actually. You dey around my area?
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by aloeman15(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Chukazu:

but seriously, what you posited doesnt tally with the topic of discussion

She's actually right.
And buhari did promise true federalism.
Whether he knew the meaning is another matter.
You can't grow an industry on gen.
You can't grow crops with marauders.
You can't attract investment without a budget.
You can't convince Investors with a fraudulent budget.
You can't assure stability without rule of law.
You can't raise morale with a long suffering people (go ask the israelites of egypt).
You can't even retrieve stolen assets without records.
But most of all, you can't join the league of developed nations without educating and enlightening every man, woman and child.
You want a great nation?
Solve the last problem.

4 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Vanpascore(m): 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
You pple blamming Buhari av all kept ur brains is a pit toilet. What happen to our money stolen by ur p.d.pigs leaders? What did ur leaders do wt our excess crude money all ds while? Now yu are saying Buhari, call ur brodas who stole our money to return dem b4 yu talk. Quote me and get fired!!

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by breakeven: 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Uhmm! Other African countries have displaced Nigeria in so many areas. Bubu is fighting kworruption. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by 247notire(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
kossyablaze:
Where in gbagada are you man? I stay in median estate. Hit me up...
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by ngoziama: 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
theshadyexpress:

https://www.today.ng/business/94315/cote-divoire-displaces-nigeria-to-emerge-africas-top-investor-destination

It is a blessing after all Bubu said the economic crisis is a blessing so this one is also a blessing

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by kossyablaze(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
247notire:
Where in gbagada are you man? I stay in median estate. Hit me up...
Don't evn know thr.I'm at Taofeek Adesiji strt by Yetunde brown.How we go take see o!
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
olutunde12:

You have the right to believe what ever you want to believe. But if i say a dollar is now 100 naira, you will believe? I dont know why bubu supporters now lack the boldness they had up till june last year.
I doubt if I can admit understanding what you are saying. I never was a Buhari/APC supporter, & never will be.
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by aloeman15(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Vanpascore:
You pple blamming Buhari av all kept ur brains is a pit toilet. What happen to our money stolen by ur p.d.pigs leaders? What did ur leaders do wt our excess crude money all ds while? Now yu are saying Buhari, call ur brodas who stole our money to return dem b4 yu talk. Quote me and get fired!!
Neighbour,
Have you blamed gej today?
2015 budget was passed in may. Have you asked buhari what he did with the money?
Don't hold you servants to account, eh? Be like israelites of old, wailing about the past.
Abi na pdp and ipod produce report?
*Modified-
Ah! Sori oh, bros.
You were asking about allocation?
I bin no see dat pat o!
What state do you reside in?
What have your party's governors done with their allocations since 1999?!
Abeg, boast giv us, make we hear beta gist!
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by MCRUEMUS: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
wristbangle:

Yeah.. even when the economy was booming, how has it affect the life of masses?

Ivory Coast diversified hugely that's why they overcame Nigeria
How it affected lives of d masses are: 1,dollar was stable 2,No 1 investment choice in Africa 3,biggest economy in Africa 4,fuel was available and cheaper 5,No job loss and many more. tell ur ajala presido that this is not how to manage a country

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by lohresloco: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
as part of the islamization of this great nation, one of the key process in buhari's scheme is to make Nigeria a begging nation. Tell him that Jehovah watches Nigeria, twill never work
kossyablaze:
Body Odour everywhere!....I regret voting this brainless dullard!Pls forgive me wailers! I was naïve and brainwashed.My eyes don clear now

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by 247notire(m): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
kossyablaze:
Don't evn know thr.I'm at Taofeek Adesiji strt by Yetunde brown.How we go take see o!
See eh, ask anyone around you how to get to medina estate. It's like the most popular estate in gbagada phase 1. Look for one of my obscure posts and quote me with ur phone number let's talk. It's a cool night to hang out...
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
IFE UWA TURN BY TURN
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Chukazu: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
aloeman15:

She's actually right.
And buhari did promise true federalism.
Whether he knew the meaning is another matter.
You can't grow an industry on gen.
You can't grow crops with marauders.
You can't attract investment without a budget.
You can't convince Investors with a fraudulent budget.
You can't assure stability without rule of law.
You can't raise morale with a long suffering people (go ask the israelites of egypt).
You can't even retrieve stolen assets without records.
But most of all, you can't join the league of developed nations without educating and enlightening every man, woman and child.
You want a great nation?
Solve the last problem.

guy. true federalism has got nothing to do with FDI.
so what happened in the years that WE were top Of FDI and still had no true federalism?

what happened to countries like Egypt that you mentioned, who had state of emergency in it constitution and still made billions from FDI?
THE issue of economic fundamentals and less of constitutional matter like true federalism

everything you stated still happened under Jonathan's administration
even with gen we became the largest economy in Africa, that shows how resilient Nigerian spirit is.

the only difference is that we have a mono economy that is dependent on oil, and with turbulence in that sector, a drop in FDI is always inevitable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Osinbajo Confirms Buhari’s Impotence" - Abimbola Adelakun / Photos: Nigerians Protest Over ‘crazy’ PHCN Bills In Abuja / Bichi As DG DSS: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Most Tribalistic Leader - Southern Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.