Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,174 members, 7,845,856 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. (20328 Views)

Houses And Areas Close To Shoprite Asaba, Flooded / Nigerian Senate May Expel DSTV, MTN, Shoprite Over Xenophobic Attacks / SHOPRITE: Gov Okowa Commissions Asaba Mall (SHOPRITE) Amidst Excitement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by albany231: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
[s]
CyberWolf:
And you loves and sucks Fayose's balls right?... Get out of my sight this hopeless zomby.. angry angry angry .. For your information, Osun State government announced that they are not paying March salary, I guess that's why you hopped into IMO with your useless sycophancy just to earn a living before hunger deals with you, but it won't work.. Ode angry angry angry
[/s]

Get lost you pathetic nitwit, you have been disgraced here many times but have no shame. Hating on your fellow Ibo state when your own dead state is worst. Shame on you
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

show us a photo of Rochas ever inspecting work on this mall. Lets know his contribution. As you can see obiano is inspecting work on the mall and not commissioning someones project as Rochas the con artist is doing. Apples and oranges

Of what relevance is your nonsense?

The foundation for the same project was laid by Rochas so drink and get drunk on your hate...

By Amby Uneze
The South African conglomerate, Shoprite, has concluded plans to open its second shop in the South-east, this time in Owerri, capital of Imo State as the ground breaking ceremony of the "Owerri Mall-Shoprite" took place yesterday at the former proposed site of Owerri Shopping Complex, otherwise called Somachi Complex.

The ground breaking ceremony which was done by the State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, represented by the Chief of Staff, Government House, Sir Jude Ejiogu, described the coming of Shoprite to Owerri as symbolic since it was happening in his administration, even as he promised to support the establishment as well as all other progressive investments in the state.

He assured that government will not relent until Imo state is well positioned like other states in the country, adding that his administration is geared towards generating employment for the people of the state, hence its support for the company that would give employment to the people of the state.

Okorocha challenged the company to keep fate with the construction programme by making sure that the project is completed within the 18 months duration, while stating that the security of lives and property of those coming in would be guaranteed.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201405160626.html

The governor and the company worked together to deliver the project, but you hateful and bitter jokers are sitting here crying and hating because your own fellow igbo brothers and sisters have jobs...

I know your only portion in life is to hate and hate, but you can not infect us with your disease..

1 Like

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
Scholes007:
this osun man you again? Wetin come be your own?

I'm not like many of you on NL, development is development to me regardless where in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Scholes007(m): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
aresa:

I'm not like many of you on NL, development is development to me regardless where in Nigeria..
see you? Jievalopment is jievalopment... Your are just here planting a seed of discude between two sister states, come dey yan development.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
LordMecuzy:

It's really so pathetic in as much as I don't like some of My Governor's (Rochas) policies, but we just have to praise this project like it was done for Obiano too some weeks ago....

It's nothing but hypocrisy because I don't get the difference...

I'm telling you, if obiano sneeze in anambra, den go shout willie is working on NL..
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
[s]
Scholes007:
see you? Jievalopment is jievalopmen... Your are just here planting a seed of discude between two state come dey yan development.
[/s]

No time for trolls...
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Scholes007(m): 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

No time for trolls...
neither do I. I would have prefered if you just read or make intelligent comment instead of you devious and misguilded statements of who love who in south east.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

I expected some type of maturity and honesty from you being a mother now berem. [b]Are you not aware that this is a pdp legacy project in imo stat[/b]e. This project belongs to the Chikwe family in imo state, a staunch PDP family. why is rochas trying to claim glory for it? Why not show us any picture of Rochas inspecting work on the project before now like obiano did?

The company belongs to PDP?

The contractor is PDP?

PDP is the governor?

PDP is paying the workers?

PDP is paying taxes on the company?

This the most ridiculous and absurd nonsense ever. Very ignorant and unintelligent..

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
[s]
Scholes007:
neither do I. I would have prefered if you just read or make intelligent comment instead of you devious and misguilded statements of who love who in south east.
[/s]

No time for trolls.

What I do or don't do shouldn't stop you people from commending and be happy for your own kind.

Stop the hate and be happy for your own people..

1 Like

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Beremx(f): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
aresa:

The company belongs to PDP?

The contractor is PDP?

PDP is the governor?

PDP is paying the workers?

PDP is paying taxes on the company?

This the most ridiculous and absurd nonsense ever. Very ignorant and unintelligent..

Lol! Freeglobe is something else. You can't help but laugh at his ridiculous comments on Rochas.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Scholes007(m): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

No time for trolls.

What I do or don't do shouldn't stop you people from commending and be happy for your own kind.

i have just told you all i want to say, stop instigative tendencies you self acclaim intelligent man
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
[s]
Scholes007:
i have just told you all i want to say, stop instigative tendencies you self acclaim intelligent man
[/s]

No time for trolls.

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
Beremx:
Lol! Freeglobe is something else. You can't help but laugh at his ridiculous comments on Rochas.

The low quality and laughable argument they come up with is beneath elementary, even beneath a 2 year old.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by eziokwubundunuwa: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
The mall is too small for Owerri which is by far the fastest growing city in the Southeast. Owerri needs at least 10 more of this sort of mall to meet up with the astronomically growing population.

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Scholes007(m): 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

No time for trolls.

who told you i hate any south eastern state? Devious being who always try to be clever by a half with his divisive mission. Guy go face your sw, osun in particular
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
Okorocha Excited As Shoprite Berths In Imo
March 18, 2016

Damian Duruiheoma, Owerri
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has said that the grand opening of the Shoprite Complex at the Owerri Mall in the state capital, Owerri would help boost the socio-economic lives of the state.
Okorocha, who was speaking at the opening ceremony of the shopping complex, described it as a dream come true for the state.

He observed that the mall which is the biggest of its type in Nigeria would not only provide employment to the people but would boost the economy of the state in particular and the country in general.
The governor observed that the goods on display at the shop were very affordable and therefore enjoined the people of the state to patronize the company and have full value of their money.
He hailed the chairman of Owerri Mall, Chief Herbert Chikwe for realizing the dream of setting up the gigantic complex and called on other Imolites to emulate the businessman to attract such worthwhile investments in the state.

Earlier in an address, the Managing Director of Resilient Africa, owners of Shoprite, Mr. Jason Buhrs disclosed that items sold by the company were 75% locally manufactured and of high quality and affordable. He also added that these items were cheaper
than those sold in the open markets.
He assured that his company would improve the state economy not only through payment of taxes but by employing the people.
Also speaking, centre manager of the mall, Bayo Anifwose, stated that most of the Management Staff of the company were indigenes of Imo State and that the company had given more than 2000 direct employments to both indigenes and non-indigenes of the state alike.
Anifowose said as a responsible corporate entity, the company was set to render necessary support to the growth of its immediate community.
He said, already, the company had started solving the perennial erosion problem around Federal Housing along Egbu road.
He thanked the state governor for the support given to the company so far and expected that the government would continue to support the activities of the company.

http://theunion.com.ng/news/okorocha-excited-as-shoprite-berths-in-imo/

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by CyberWolf: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
albany231:
[s][/s]

Get lost you pathetic nitwit, you have been disgraced here many times but have no shame. Hating on your fellow Ibo state when your own dead state is worst. Shame on you
Disgraced who ? grin .. Get lost this ediotic oaf..
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by eziokwubundunuwa: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
A VISIT TO SHOPRITE TODAY, A WASTED 3HOURS

On hearing the news about the opening of shoprite in Owerri, my family and I decided to pay them a visit .
Our visit was to, among others confirm if it has the same standard as the one in Enugu, and at the same time, pick some household items.

As soon as we entered the mall, my brothers and sisters, come see crowd. People packed in the mall like fish in a pack of sadin, causing go slow such that under the brand new industrial air conditioners I was sweating. When my little daughter could not bear the heat anymore, she began to cry. My wife had to take her to the car (I was determined to pick some items, since I had already come) .

We managed to do some shopping, and which took us about 1hr 45mins to conclude due to "human traffic".
Then I proceeded to the payment center, joined the queue. It took about 15mins to make the 1st shift on the line, despite the fact that there were about 10points.
I stood in the line for another 30mins without a result. By this time, my kids were worn out, all crying.
I had to abandon all I had shopped and headed home immediately with them.

After spending about 2 and half hours, I achieved nothing.
While waiting at the pay center, I saw people struggling to get a shopping basket. On my way out, a huge crowd were waiting outside the entrance of the mall, I understood the security men had stopped them from entering, hoping to decongest the mall before they go in.

Nna, I said na wah oo, so if I suffer make my money, I go also suffer to eat my money. God forbid!

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
Scholes007:
who told you i hate any south eastern state? Devious being who always try to be clever by a half with he divisive mission. Guy go face your sw and osun in particular

You hate Imo and Rochas and If you don't, why not just be happy for this development and move on, why are you chasing me all over the place with your fixated nonsense?

Please get lost, You are getting boring with your rettarded fixation.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by LordMecuzy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:
The mall is too small for Owerri which is by far the fastest growing city in the Southeast. Owerri needs at least 10 more of this sort of mall to meet up with the astronomically growing population.

Nwanne atleast we've started from somewhere, surely we will get to that final destination soon. I love the way Southeast is moving forward.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by CyberWolf: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
Chief Herbert Chikwe, a PDP man set up the mall and not Rochas.. If the OP's motive is not evil, he would've Acknowledged the man and the governor, but of course we know who he is.. A jobless sycophant that ran away from Osun because of no salary this month...

1 Like

Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by LordMecuzy(m): 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

On hearing the news about the opening of shoprite in Owerri, my family and I decided to pay them a visit .
Our visit was to, among others confirm if it has the same standard as the one in Enugu, and at the same time, pick some household items.

As soon as we entered the mall, my brothers and sisters, come see crowd. People packed in the mall like fish in a pack of sadin, causing go slow such that under the brand new industrial air conditioners I was sweating. When my little daughter could not bear the heat anymore, she began to cry. My wife had to take her to the car (I was determined to pick some items, since I had already come) .

We managed to do some shopping, and which took us about 1hr 45mins to conclude due to "human traffic".
Then I proceeded to the payment center, joined the queue. It took about 15mins to make the 1st shift on the line, despite the fact that there were about 10points.
I stood in the line for another 30mins without a result. By this time, my kids were worn out, all crying.

While waiting at the pay center, I saw people struggling to get a shopping basket. On my way out, a huge crowd were waiting outside the entrance of the mall, I understood the security men had stopped them from entering, hoping to decongest the mall before they go in.

Nna, I said na wah oo, so if I suffer make my money, I go also suffer to eat my money. God forbid!

lol that's how 1st day of shopping will always be Nwanne, with time surely the human traffic flow will subside... I really need to visit Owerri this easter to see how lovely the mall looks like.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by CyberWolf: 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
albany231:

Coming from a retarded dunce from the dead Ebonyi, a whole state that can boast of only 3 borehole. You are a disgrace to your late parent. Spits on you.
At least Ebonyi is better than Osun and Ekiti combined and I'm proud of my state.. But what about you? You're just a hopeless oaf..
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Beremx(f): 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

sorry for your horrible experience. the mall just opened. the crowd was expected.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by obailala(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

grin cheesy
Patience is certainly a virtue; under such circumstances, I wait for at least a week before I make my first visit on a 'weekday'
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Scholes007(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
aresa:

You hate Imo and Rochas and If you don't, why not just be happy for this development and move on, why are you chasing me all over the place with your fixated nonsense?

Please get lost, You are getting boring with your rettarded fixation.
I, hate Rochas? Guy you must be high on some sort of opium. I have told you face your osun and leave imo alone.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
CyberWolf:
At least Ebonyi is better than Osun and Ekiti combined and I'm proud of my state.. But what about you? You're just a hopeless oaf..

when was the last time they commissioned anything in eboyin, even a dig cage..
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by Alphaoscar: 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
aresa:

Who is debating with you where shoprite came from and who cares where its from anyway?

The governor attracting investments and creating jobs and tax generating base is what's commendable.

You people are too closed minded amd shortsighted for your own.good.

so shoprite is no more owned by Tinubu again ? These your friends are confused .
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by eziokwubundunuwa: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
Beremx:
sorry for your horrible experience. the mall just opened. the crowd was expected.

I hope so. When Owerri had few hotels people thought building like 50 more would help solve scarcity of hotel rooms but after building more than 400 there is still uncertainty in availability of rooms during weekends.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by aresa: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
Scholes007:
I, hate Rochas? Guy you must be high on some sort of opium. I have told you face your osun and leave imo alone.

Of course you hate Imo and this wonderful development. This is the reason why you can not come out and just commend Imo and your own people, but instead begging to discuss Osun even though the topic has nothing to do with Osun...

See your miserable life..

Hate is a terrible disease, get help.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by albany231: 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
CyberWolf:
Disgraced who ? grin .. Get lost this ediotic oaf..

M.oronic dingbat, spit on your large empty head.
Re: Owerri Mall Shoprite. Pics. by albany231: 10:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
CyberWolf:

Better than what? Your cursed state is not even in Nigeria anymore, the state some Eboes even spit on cos it has been cursed. No wonder nothing is working in that dead bush. Shameless dog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency cabal in dilemma on Buhari - Governor fayose / Ekiti: APC Rally, A Dramatic Display Of Failure - PDP / Court Refuses To Stop Appointment Of Senate Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.