Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,516 members, 7,840,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (49815 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:
I was in benin yesterday so I attended the memorial at a Kingdom Hall around akpakpava.
1; Nissan is the first month in the jewish calendar, the isrealites usually remember the passover in this month. The commemoration of christ death replaced the passover because it was done on the same day.
2; According to the speaker christ specifically commanded his followers to continually observe this event. Luke 22:19.
3; Two destinies awaits faithful Christians, to be rewarded with entenal life in heaven to serve as kings and priests with jesus christ or to enjoy life here on earth under perfect conditions without sorrows and other problems.
4; The opportunity of going to heaven was for the isrealites but they proved to be unfaithful to the point of killing jesus the son of God. It was now extended to the gentiles.
5; God himself determine whether you are qualified for life in heaven or not, God's spirit must bear witness with our spirit if we are.
6; According to revelation they were singing a new song and no one was able to master the song except them, he asked do you know the song? The audience was quite.
7; Contrary to popular belief that righteous ones will go to heaven to rest. For instance at death you'll hear things like rest in peace, rest in the bosom of the lord in heaven is not in harmony with the teachings of the bible because the bible expressly said the people going to heaven are going to serve as kings and priests not going to sing and clap like we are taught in the churches.
These are the few things I remembered.

You are a jw, but pretend to be an interested person, you paint your post as a none jw so as to be seen as an interested one. Why this hypocrisy? Do you need to pretend? Why not just put it that way, that you wanted to share what you learn from the memorial?

This is exactly the hypocrisy I'm noticing in the lives of many jw and it's very discouraging.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

No one will care if u sleep with any one in my present church. i hate JW

LMAO, u just said it all....sexual immorality is not condone in JW, but you are still loved, return to Jehovah and stop your promiscuousness

9 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by olisaEze(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
@4. If Jesus wasn't meant 2b a sacrificial lamb, how would the Jews have gone 2heaven?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

Did you notice the hypocrisy displayed by the poster? He is a jw but pretends as a none jw.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

Did you notice the hypocrisy displayed by the poster? He is a jw but pretends as a none jw.

Know that right from when I quoted him. I guess he wants others to take his comments seriously.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by maikilinkage: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
The scripture gives reliable answers to life's big questions. You can visit www.jw.org for further reseach about the witnesses and thier biblical teachings as well as biblical answers to any question that bothers on man and nature. The memorial was indeed a superp meeting of christ followers.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Jaymima(f): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
favoured234:
Jehovah witness not my thing...
Awake and watchtower very educative... I like
Every good tree produce good fruit. Ponder over that.

7 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

He must have been studying the Bible with them for a while, u can't conclude dat he's a JW. y associate hypocrisy with the set of people who try their best to follow the Bible? unlike the rest who borrow doctrines from paganism

8 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by astute07(f): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
Saylawchar:

It's high time you come back to your senses, gradually you are loosing it. Ask them (JW), why is it that according to their teachings, no other religion is righteous except theirs, ask them why is it that they presume other fellow Christians as Christendom Why is their own bible different from the real bible we know.

Mind you I was born and brought up as one of them but left them immediately I gained my freedom from my parents. It's a serious spiritual bandage!

You an apostate.that's just the truth.Try return to Jehovah

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Jaymima(f): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
favoured234:
Jehovah witness not my thing...
Awake and watchtower very educative... I like
Every good tree produce good fruit. Ponder over that.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by sagieramos(m): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

Awake and watchtower is Jehovah's witnesses and Jehovah's witnesses are owners of the journals.
ppl are funny at times. u like my books but hate my teaching. what's in the book?
I nver fully b jw, but i can bet my life to tell others of how true their teaching is

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by kayceerilyn(f): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

That's very wrong! I may be obssesed with witnesses, but am not closed minded.

On two occasions I rejected my preconcieved doctrines after subjecting to biblical evidence I accepted that the witnesses were right.

In this thread I corrected my self after realizing that man is a living soul and not made up of body, soul and spirit as non-JW's claim.

https://www.nairaland.com/2594661/jw-dummies/1

Here I admited to a witness stance that Jesus ressurected with a spiritual body.

https://www.nairaland.com/2058270/doctrines-jehovah-witnesses-vs-holy/1
Apostate alert

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
kayceerilyn:
Apostate alert

u beat me to it, check d guy profile abeg...
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Maximus85:

If you want to sincerely find answers to these interesting questions, kindly ask any of the Jehovah's Witnesses to get you this book... What can the Bible teach us. You need to first acknowledge the accuracy and authenticity of the Bible and this same book will help you only if you clear your mind of any bias.

A very popular Deaconess also attended the memorial of Jesus Christ's death in my congregation and after the program she's said she's been studying the Bible for ages but has never heard what she heard that night and couldn't blv they actually are in the Bible. She said she felt she's a candidate for heaven but she now know better, that to be born again is never an individual decision but God's.

This is one of the things the bible can teach;

God created Adam and Eve. They sinned by eating a fruit (put there by the same God). Therefore the whole world has been guilty for the last 6000 years including the children unborn (who don't know shit what this fruit tastes like).

My point: Why is there continuous birth on earth into Adam's sin and subsequent sufferings following it?

My answer: Contrary to your belief that it's one Mr. Adam's long throat for a fruit that is the reason for earthquakes, wars, pestilences, diseases, death etc, I believe that things we term bad in terms of natural disasters are simply the forces of the universe in action. It's not Adam's fruit chewing.

What about wars, diseases, pestilences? Read history and you'll see that we are better off in the world today than a hundred years ago in terms of man made problems. That's the tangible evidence that Charles Darwin's evolution theory is real. Our brains are evolving and in the next hundred years everything you termed miracle in the bible will be a child's play to what we can achieve. In a hundred years we'll have the power of the gods.

Please read and research;

Science can record your dreams and thoughts and play them back to you.

Science is almost at the point of finding the reason for aging at the molecular level.

Science can practically change the weather and change the seasons. In less than 20 years from now, rains can be diverted to drought areas by the press of a button.

Science has found the reasons for diseases and ailment. It is not Adam's fruit chewing. It's defects in our genome. Science is on the verge of repairing the defects to eliminate diseases like cancer.

The bible didn't give me practical answers to any of these. The bible told me everything is in chaos because a man and a woman ate some fruit in a garden. The bible told me the only way out of it is to wait for someone from heaven to come and wage a war before they are fixed. I say no! World problems are practical problems and mankind have solved a great deal of them already.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by tysontim(m): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:
I was disfellowshiped in 2010 after i slept with an elder and a ministerial servant while the others were reproved embarassed I am attending christ embassy now and God has truly shown me the way smiley

Imagine why won't you be disfellowshiped after sleeping with not one BT two? haha imagine sleeping with a Bishop and decon, whose fault is that?

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by iamlarry(m): 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:
I was disfellowshiped in 2010 after i slept with an elder and a ministerial servant while the others were reproved embarassed I am attending christ embassy now and God has truly shown me the way smiley
i can see God has show you the way even with your username 'irunobo'>meaning p**syhair, i can see they are teaching you how the right way to worship God

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
fathertobe:
I am a Jehovah's witness, I will answer ur questions, just mail me wit ur whatsapp contact or bbm pin

The questions are in this thread. Answer the questions here so all of us can learn. If you however want us to have a private discussion email me with your number.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by charlesucheh(m): 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
A sub-cultural group within the christian community...... So how far? Where did they say that SINNERS will go to??
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by gucci20(m): 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
D road 2 everlasting life is narrow, while d one 2 destruction is very wide. Jehovah's witness organization is d best!!!

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
@oglalasioux
I know when a church has no respect for God. Churches teaching HOMOSEXUALITY, LESBIANISM, EASY ABORTIONS. These churches and ministries have lost God's favouring and God's loving

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Validated: 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

[size=18pt]The problem with religion is it's different versions. Only lies have different versions[/size].

That to me is the post of the month!!

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
iamlarry:

i can see God has show you the way even with your username 'irunobo'>meaning p**syhair, i can see they are teaching you how the right way to worship God
Heheheheheheheheh. laugh don kill me for here ooooooooo
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by vinceton: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
nd you got more confused as you've never been.
(Q
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Maximus85(m): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:

He must have been studying the Bible with them for a while, u can't conclude dat he's a JW. y associate hypocrisy with the set of people who try their best to follow the Bible? unlike the rest who borrow doctrines from paganism

You all must know that even if one is born of a jw parents it does not make that one a jw. He or she must grow up, study the Bible, get to know the significance of getting baptised, he or she will get baptised..... Then that one can be referred to as a Jehovah's Witness.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

I believe you are using good and substandard products to depict my argument for religion.

Please fix as appropriate;

Catholic
Methodist
Anglican
Church of Christ
Seventh Day Adventist
Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints
Olumba Olumba
Celestial Church of Christ
Redeemed Christian Mission
Believers Love World
Jehovah's Witnesses
The Lord's Chosen

Help me categorize the above according to good and substandard (I'll come up with more).

Then you check bible translations;

Good News Version
King James Version
New world Translation
Revised Standard Version
New Jerusalem Bible
The Living Bible etc

Please explain why they should be different versions of a holy book. The only obvious answer is that it's a forgery. But let me wait for your answers.
You mean the churches forbid the use of any bible not printed by them?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
sagieramos:

ppl are funny at times. u like my books but hate my teaching. what's in the book?
I nver fully b jw, but i can bet my life to tell others of how true their teaching is

Tell them ooo

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Sunky200: 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

Fortunate enough my brother, most religions gives a contradicting answers yet the Bible did answer all the question you asked above.
visit www.jw.org for the answers you seek

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Irore:

We done hear the teachers version according to you. Now do like the Bearean Christian that went back to the Bible to check if these things were true.

The points were all grounded in the bible, thanks

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
joyandfaith:

that is what he leant from the memorial talk. kudos to ableguy. I do not think there is any contradiction.

Thank you, I believe the points didn't contradict each other.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Saylawchar(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
astute07:

You an apostate.that's just the truth.Try return to Jehovah

Can you see what am saying? Calling someone an apostate when you are not supposed to judge another person. I just pity your spiritual life......

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Saylawchar:

It's high time you come back to your senses, gradually you are loosing it. Ask them (JW), why is it that according to their teachings, no other religion is righteous except theirs, ask them why is it that they presume other fellow Christians as Christendom Why is their own bible different from the real bible we know.

Mind you I was born and brought up as one of them but left them immediately I gained my freedom from my parents. It's a serious spiritual bandage!

If you really associated with them you won't be saying this, you simply was attending their meetings probably to please your parents.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
themall:

You mean the churches forbid the use of any bible not printed by them?

A Jehovah's witness will NEVER touch any other bible except the New World Translation which they translated themselves. Their reason is nothing but to twist the lie their own way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye's Family (Picture) / Pastor Ade Abraham: Why I Charge My Church Members N310K To Fly Them To Heaven / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Throwback & Now Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.