Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,632 members, 7,840,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (49827 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

listen this is not an argument, however you still need to be constructive no?

I never mentioned that other religious teach their followers to lie cheat or whatever.

they only teach them the basic things.

who other than jehovah's Witnesses teach that jesus christ started ruling in heaven as king in 1914? or who else is teaching that the bible foretold many years ago that the US will be the world power and will remain the world power God's kingdom comes to destroy wicked ones and take over rulership.

who else is teaching that only 144,000 will be going to heaven according to what the bible says?

Answer: NOBODY!!!!

as jehovah's Witnesses understanding of the bible continues to improve, they adjust their believes to fit what their new understanding is.

FYI I am done going back and forth on this subject.

have a nice life mister smiley

And yet, they will rather misquote or quote any most of their sources out of context? Have you ever wonder why most of their sources are never ed mentioned or they simply say "a wise man ones said", or " according to one scholar" or "historians say".

Chief! We are in information age. Make the truth your own.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Clonus: 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?
3. Why are we in different races and languages?
4. Why are they disasters and wars?
5. What is consciousness?
6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between?
7. Why is religion proliferating by the day?
8. What happens after death?
9. Is there a devil and hell?
10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

the bible satisfactorily answers these questions including why there are different denominations.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by urose93(f): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

No one will care if u sleep with any one in my present church. i hate JW
who even got you baptized? You sound like u did not even know rudiments of the organization before u joined. You ar free to even Bleep with a dog now. Enjoy it while it last

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

If that is the reason you hate JW...then I'm more proud to be one

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:
I was disfellowshiped in 2010 after i slept with an elder and a ministerial servant while the others were reproved embarassed I am attending christ embassy now and God has truly shown me the way smiley

Clap for yourself!!!

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

A Jehovah's witness will NEVER touch any other bible except the New World Translation which they translated themselves. Their reason is nothing but to twist the lie their own way.
Are you aware that we quote other translations in our journals?

Pls say only things you're sure of.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
@irunooboo, are you another watchtower internet troll to replace BERNIMORE?
Please tell your bosses that they should do something about the flip-flop in generations teachings, as it has made many witnesses disown the JW religion.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
guy2two:

Are you aware that we quote other translations in our journals?

Pls say only things you're sure of.

Yes they quote other translations, but they claim NWT is the accurate translation.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by macof(m): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
jehovah witness - the most psycho of all psychos
they don't come to debate bible with me again grin

useless slaves. ..They can't think for themselves but replay what they are taught by some elder in the ministry

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by 4w4eva(m): 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=oglalasioux post=44077767]

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

I hope you sincerely asked these questions. Here is one for you, kindly examine it with open mind. will add more later

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/when-you-die/

another : https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/meaning-of-life/

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by karkel(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?

the issue of denomination is a major toolz used by Satan to cause commotion and confusion among the Christ like (christians),they is one body of Christ not bodies of Christ after the ascension of Christ,those early Christians sold what the have and brought what they sold ad share among themselves,so they is no denomination. Denomination is not from Christ cos Christ can't segregate his body so u should know where the denomination is coming from

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by DonEffiong(m): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

I don't even have time to or read your long copy and paste trash.

so his assertion is now trash because he is making a point?

ok take this why do JW keep predicting and changing the date Jesus will come and take his choosen kings to rule with him in heaven and how come u want to preach to others but bluntly refuse others preaching to you,

and why is that when a Jw marries a non-Jw it is considered a major sin in Jw that demands immediate disfellowship and subsequent ostracing by members?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by iamlarry(m): 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

nothing in JW. try christ embassy and experience life changing miracles. i am a living witness that the God of Oyakilohme lives smiley
And why should he try Christ embassy where they allow u guys to have sex with each other and there is nothing wrong with that....

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by JuanDeDios: 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

I don't even have time to or read your long copy and paste trash.
You may want to change your mind about reading that post. I read and it's not crappy at all.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

You that have searched the scriptures give me just an answer to one of the questions I put up.

Okay. I'll give you time to ask people you think knows the bible if you don't know.

I'm particularly waiting for a Jehovah's Witness answer.

Just log on to www.jw.org

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
DonEffiong:

so his assertion is now trash because he is making a point?

ok take this why do JW keep predicting and changing the date Jesus will come and take his choosen kings to rule with him in heaven and how come u want to preach to others but bluntly refuse others preaching to you,

and why is that when a Jw marries a non-Jw it is considered a major sin in Jw that demands immediate disfellowship and subsequent ostracing by members?

Well, to you he could be making a point, I wish he didn't quote what he got from elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:
I was disfellowshiped in 2010 after i slept with an elder and a ministerial servant while the others were reproved embarassed I am attending christ embassy now and God has truly shown me the way smiley

It's obvious from your profile that you were a willful unrepentant sinner who thought you could eat from the table of God and the demons. Probably slept with other worldly too while you were at it and the elder and ms you slept will went forth and admitted their errors to the body of elders.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by tempem: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

This is one of the things the bible can teach;

God created Adam and Eve. They sinned by eating a fruit (put there by the same God). Therefore the whole world has been guilty for the last 6000 years including the children unborn (who don't know shit what this fruit tastes like).

My point: Why is there continuous birth on earth into Adam's sin and subsequent sufferings following it?

My answer: Contrary to your belief that it's one Mr. Adam's long throat for a fruit that is the reason for earthquakes, wars, pestilences, diseases, death etc, I believe that things we term bad in terms of natural disasters are simply the forces of the universe in action. It's not Adam's fruit chewing.

What about wars, diseases, pestilences? Read history and you'll see that we are better off in the world today than a hundred years ago in terms of man made problems. That's the tangible evidence that Charles Darwin's evolution theory is real. Our brains are evolving and in the next hundred years everything you termed miracle in the bible will be a child's play to what we can achieve. In a hundred years we'll have the power of the gods.

Please read and research;

Science can record your dreams and thoughts and play them back to you.

Science is almost at the point of finding the reason for aging at the molecular level.

Science can practically change the weather and change the seasons. In less than 20 years from now, rains can be diverted to drought areas by the press of a button.

Science has found the reasons for diseases and ailment. It is not Adam's fruit chewing. It's defects in our genome. Science is on the verge of repairing the defects to eliminate diseases like cancer.

The bible didn't give me practical answers to any of these. The bible told me everything is in chaos because a man and a woman ate some fruit in a garden. The bible told me the only way out of it is to wait for someone from heaven to come and wage a war before they are fixed. I say no! World problems are practical problems and mankind have solved a great deal of them already.
And has science given you those answers?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

Exactly. That's why you were disfellowshipped. Because you're a chronic fornicator and your present embassy condones it; contrary to bible teaching.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
unitysheart:
Same same.
Welcome my brother... e bi like sey we plenty for here o!

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Jossibest(m): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
U try bro
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by veraiyke(m): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
The bible says he has but a short time hence he is causing confusion all over the earth. I can't tell you he has till 2020 but what is clear is that the devil will be destroyed in God's own time. Remember a day in the sight of God is as a thousand years in the sight of man vis a vis. One thing is clear things will not remain like this forever.[ Hence, 2peter 3v9 says God is not slack in passing judgement to the wicked but as a merciful father gives them time and chance to repent.uote author=oglalasioux post=44101874]

How long does the Devil has?[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

A Jehovah's witness will NEVER touch any other bible except the New World Translation which they translated themselves. Their reason is nothing but to twist the lie their own way.

Correction. For many years since our beginning, we were using King James Version. After seeing all the errors, deliberate removal of Gods divine name and Medieval English, we decided to have a translation from the ORIGINAL manuscripts written in modern English and restoring the divine name.

In the JW app for android and iOS, we still give the different bible translations like KJV, American standard version, Byton etc in their words.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by specie103(m): 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
You shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free.

who is the truth?

I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and THE LIFE. (john 14:6)

all answers to life biggest question has been answered by THE BIBLE.
forget church name or anything, take your time to search the Bible. never compare god's wisdom to science. if you fail to believe that Adam and eve is the source of separation between God and man, then you don't believe God himself because "in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the Word was God. john 1:1"
God greatness surpasses human comprehension. the more you desire to know him, the more He revealed himself.
you cannot exhaust knowing God.

only fool will say in his heart, there is no God.
be wise!!!
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ezepresscp: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?

visit www.jw.org
under Bible Teaching session all these questions are answered
or you can use the search engine to get an answer to all those questions an many more you have never even thought of

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by specie103(m): 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
coachwilcox:

Exactly. That's why you were disfellowshipped. Because you're a chronic fornicator and your present embassy condones it; contrary to bible teaching.

what will Jesus do?
remember the story of the woman guilty of same act... but what does Jesus did?

well to me, matt5:48 is the wish of God for us... thus, since we are yet to attain this perfection or in one way or the other fall into sin, casting out or "disfellowship" is not the most appropriate way to deal with such issues, such person still lack the knowledge of the right things to do, he/she is still a "babe", he/she should rather be monitored and guided by those who have more understanding and "strong" is such area. proper guidance and counselling should be embraced rather than disfellowship.

We are Jesus follower and what Jesus will not do, we should also not do it. Jesus will no wise cast anyone away.

my opinion tho...
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:

Oga u lie, big 1, I'm one of dem, I have different versions in my phone, in short they is an app designed by Witnesses with provisions for other versions of the Bible, Y lie?, what will u gain?
Please what's the name of the app?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
dumo1:

Please what's the name of the app?

if u have andriod phone, go to playstore and download jwlibrary or go to www.jw.org, ul see a place we're you can download d app from the site. hope that helps
Jehovah"s witneses use other bibles pls

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
specie103:

what will Jesus do?

well to me, matt5:48 is the wish of God for us... thus, since we are yet to attain this perfection or in one way or the other fall into sin, casting out or "disfellowship" is not the most appropriate way to deal with such issues, such person still lack the knowledge of the right things to do, he/she is still a "babe", he/she should rather be monitored and guided by those who have more understanding and "strong" is such area. proper guidance and counselling should be embraced rather than disfellowship.

We are Jesus follower and what Jesus will not do, we should also not do it. Jesus will no wise cast anyone away.

my opinion tho...

1st Cor 9:5-13
In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people,10not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world.11But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.12For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside,13while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”

That was Apostle Paul writing to the early Christian congregation in Corinth. That's a standard and process we follow.

Irunoboo's way says condone them and keep them to keep dragging even others within the congregation into the act

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
specie103:

what will Jesus do?

my opinion tho...
Does that justify the fact that you guys condone evil? Besides the woman you mentioned is hardly the only prostitute then, jesus had to accept her because she was remorseful. But this your fellow u are defending was a bad influence and was chastised she never regretted what she did.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by nigerianvenom(m): 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
Saylawchar:

It's high time you come back to your senses, gradually you are loosing it. Ask them (JW), why is it that according to their teachings, no other religion is righteous except theirs, ask them why is it that they presume other fellow Christians as Christendom Why is their own bible different from the real bible we know.

Mind you I was born and brought up as one of them but left them immediately I gained my freedom from my parents. It's a serious spiritual bandage!

I never wanted to comment on this topic but I had to when I saw ur post. Thumbs up brother.
When people view themselves as bin perfect and others bin wrong, then there is something wrong with such people
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by franconian: 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

You are not a Jehovah's witness.

Oglalasioux, you just stated another fact. That nigga is not a witness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Ade Abraham: Why I Charge My Church Members N310K To Fly Them To Heaven / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Throwback & Now Photos / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.