Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,529 members, 7,840,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (49818 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Rosabella4sure(f): 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
I love their way of life.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here? Genesis Chapter 1 and 2 answer that question.
2. How did we get here? The book of Genesis also made it clear Jehovah created the Heaven and the earth for first parents that why we are here. Genesis chapter 1 and 2 answer that question
3. Why are we in different races and languages? Genesis 11 vs 1 to 9
4. Why are they disasters and wars? Mathew 24 vs 1 to 15
5. What is consciousness? The ability to choose what's right from wrong.

6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between? Tricky question God created our first parent perfect the earth was created to benefit mankind but man it's was not satisfy with what they have our first parents wanted more that was why Satan deceive them. And also was why did cain killed abel, for no good reason human deserve more that's why our greed led to the social stratification in those day and even in our days we experience it. Our greed brought the rich and poor.

7. Why is religion proliferating by the day? The book of Mathew 24 vs 9 to 13 also Matthew 7 vs 21 to 23

8. What happens after death? Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10.) Psalm 146:4 says that when a man dies, “his thoughts perish. Revelation 21 vs 4. Jesus also refer to death as alseep John 11 vs 11-14 Act 7 vs 60. Even Paul wrote about some in his day who had “fallen asleep in death.”—1 Corinthians 15:6. While John 5 vs 28 and 29 talks about resurrection of those who have died.

Jehovah made humans to live forever on earth

9. Is there a devil and hell? The Devil conversed with and “tempted” Jesus. (Matthew 4:1-4) So the Devil is not imaginary, nor is he just a symbol of evil. He is a wicked spirit person.

The Devil was originally a holy angel, but “he did not stand fast in the truth.” (John 8:44) He became a liar and rebelled against God.

Other angels joined Satan’s rebellion.—Revelation 12:9.

The Devil blinds many people to his existence.—2 Corinthians 4:4.

HELL
Hell (“Sheol” and “Hades” in the Bible’s original languages) is simply the grave, not a place of fiery torment. Who go to hell? Both good people and bad people. (Job 14:13; Psalm 9:17) The Bible says that this common grave of mankind is “the house of meeting for everyone living.”—Job 30:23.

Even Jesus went to hell when he died. However, “he was not kept in hell,” because God resurrected him.—Acts 2:31, 32, The Bible in Basic English.

Is hell eternal?
All those who go to hell will come back out, brought to life by Jesus through God’s power. (John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15) Speaking of that future resurrection, the prophecy at Revelation 20:13 says that “death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them.” (King James Version) Once hell has been emptied, it will no longer exist; no one will ever go there again because “death will be no more.”—Revelation 21:3, 4; 20:14.

10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?
Deuteronomy 10:14 Nehemiah 9:6 Genesis 2:4 2 Chronicles 6:18

Read and answer yourself

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Gr8fulHeart:

if u have andriod phone, go to playstore and download jwlibrary or go to www.jw.org, ul see a place we're you can download d app from the site. hope that helps
Jehovah"s witneses use other bibles pls
Thanks a lot. I am a witness too. I do know we use other bibles cos it's sometimes quoted in magazines and articles. I would take New word translation over any other bible the English is so simple for even a layman to understand as compared to the ancient English in the king James version I once used in my former lifetime

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

He is a jw. He just wants others to take him seriously, that why he is pretending. At first, it appears he isn't, I needed to check his profile to find out.

@bolded, you get it wrong too. Other try their best to follow the Bible as well. I guess you haven't studied their lives much.

That is exactly one of the hypocrisy I'm talking about. You claim others burrow their doctrine from paganism but you don't know that your 1914 doctrine is also borrow from paganism. I'm sure you don't know about that.

Try learning a little about pyramidology and Russel. that's how you will know how the whole idea of 1914 came in and when Rutherford later did away with pyramidology doctrine calling it paganism, they had to look for a way of still maintaining the 1914 doctrine without discrediting themselves and they are good, because they found a way, but still fall short, relating event that had to relationship to arrive e at 1914.

But we'll, since it has paganic origin, you wouldn't fund any link in any of the Watchtower library.

Is the pyramid in Egypt also freemason
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
dumo1:

Thanks a lot. I am a witness too. I do know we use other bibles cos it's sometimes quoted in magazines and articles. I would take New word translation over any other bible the English is so simple for even a layman to understand as compared to the ancient English in the king James version I once used in my former lifetime

There are other translations with equally simple English, e.g NASB version which was written in everyday language. I think the problem stems from the fact that you don't trust other versions, you believe they were influenced by "satan" or "babylon the great".
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by joyandfaith: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

There are other translations with equally simple English, e.g NASB version which was written in everyday language. I think the problem stems from the fact that you don't trust other versions, you believe they were influenced by "satan" or "babylon the great".

How many English versions of bible have you seen?

why Jehovah/Yahweh was removed from the version?Is it right to change someone name if you do not know how to pronounce it?

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

Bros u were not the one I quoted so Pls i beg you carry your wahala and your myopic mind to your village. Your comments haven't been useful to this thread. why so much hatred?

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by sammhi(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
@Oglalasioux..
i have read a lot of your arguments and while i do understand your point and vexation , please permit me to say the following:

1. it is not true that different versions of a story means the story are lies.. e.g if an accident occur , some journalist may report that 4 persons died while others will say 6 persons..even how it happened may vary.but it does not mean no accident took place. so too Christianity...Catholics JW, redeemed etc are just different set of people understanding of the bible . Even in Jesus day,,there were Sadducee , Pharisees and other sects too. the fact is that humans tend to play a[b] holier -than- though -attitude [/b]when it comes to religion.
the basis of salvation for a christian is repentance of his sins, forsaken them, acceptance of Jesus as lord and savior and appreciation for the ransom. that is all..
but most times Christians argue about nature of God..oh he is a trinity , no He is not , Jesus died on the cross, no he didn't die on the cross, sinner will burn in hell , no they wont..etc..these very things are really not essential for salvation..except you worship idol etc . but as humans people think belief in those things is what will draw you close to God ...but maybe but what draw God close to you is your faith in him.period! Abraham, job, Joseph, Jacob etc knew none of these things but they were called friends of God due to their faith. so most important is your faith. Faith here means patience, trust and reliance on Him..not faith of miracles .
2. Science has done some good but has not helped man to a very good extent . it has not solve death, able to bring dead man to life or solve crime . You posted pics of some malnourished kids.truth is those are not work of God but man made ..those kids may have been victim of war or
or something
let me ask you..if all of us obey the Bible ..how do you think the world will look like ? sure it will be a better place. mans suffering is linked directly to disobedience .more like when a child fail to heed his fathers advice..he will suffer unnecessary and avoidable hardship...will you blame his dad for his suffering when he refused to go to school or learn a trade etc?
Man is a program more like a car ..if you fail to take care of your car according to its manual, you wont enjoy that car...so too Man has failed to obey his manual...the Bible and then turn around to blame the one who gave him the manual.
European develo0pment both in terms of morals, sense of justice and hard work was a product of centuries of applying the bible principles ...until late 1940s , Europe was largely ruled by purely Christian clergy who hold very strict moral and other rules . and this started from 3rd century when Christianity took root in Europe. During this period, Africa was deep in demon worship and fear of spirits. when Christianity was introduced to Africa about 100 years ago, we now had freedom and then later some mixed culture. the result is that we became worse as our foundation was feeble..from fear to freedom . most of the Africa rulers were demon worshipers who had no ilk about godly fear and respect for fellow man...these were the opposite of the very foundation of Europe . so overtime we can see the result btw Africa and Europe . of course the new generation of Europeans do not know God due to an affluent society and teaching of demons
3.The main opposer of God is Devil himself ....He is behind modern attitude and irrational behavior like being gay is ok etc.hypocrisy, lies , murder , adultery are all works of the devil which man has embraced because doing good is more difficult as we prefer darkness. Naturally, to be god requires a lot of work..for instance..it takes more to build than it is to destroy..so also man has decided to always take the easy option,badness.
badness is easy and can even be fun but being good takes lot of effort and may even be boring ..that is how life is ...for instance..Ronaldo trains more than his colleague .he even hires a personal trainer..so how many other players can have such discipline..most prefer partying etc ..result is even if they are naturally more gifted than Ronaldo, they wont excel as much as him because their work is not as good . so it is in religion, it is easier to pretend , lie cheat etc than to keep the law.
we can talk more lata but my point is don't look at human reactions to the Holy book but study the book itself and you will find that it contains and give answers to all your issues
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
joyandfaith:

How many English versions of bible have you seen?

why Jehovah/Yahweh was removed from the version?Is it right to change someone name if you do not know how to pronounce it?

Aha! Now you are talking, just so you know Jehovah is not Gods name it was derived by combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai (lord)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

The Divine Name Brochure p.10, by the Watchtower Society states:

"Even though the modern pronunciation Jehovah might not be exactly the way it was pronounced originally, this in no way detracts from the importance of the name. While many translators favor the pronunciation Yahweh, the New World Translation and also a number of other translations continue the use of the form Jehovah because of people's familiarity with it for centuries."

His name is yahweh. The Jews don't usually pronounce the name, so its pronounciation is unknown.

Secondly the original manuscripts of the new testament was written in greek and there was no record of the usage of Jehovah. But the watchtower still went ahead to include the word while admitting that it was not in the original scriptures. This was their defense.

Proclaimers p.99 claims:

"The conventioners were thrilled to learn that this new translation [NWT] restored the divine name Jehovah 237 times in the main text from Matthew to Revelation!"

The fundamental flaw of the NWT is this insertion of the word Jehovah 237 times into the New Testament. Watchtower justifies this insertion by claiming all known New Testament manuscripts are inaccurate. This is vitally important because such a claim undermines the integrity of the Bible.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

Aha! Now you are talking, just so you know Jehovah is not Gods name it was derived by combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai (lord)

"Even though the modern pronunciation Jehovah might not be exactly the way it was pronounced originally, this in no way detracts from the importance of the name. While many translators favor the pronunciation Yahweh, the New World Translation and also a number of other translations continue the use of the form Jehovah because of people's familiarity with it for centuries."

His name is yahweh. The Jews don't usually pronounce the name, so its pronounciation is unknown.

Secondly the original manuscripts of the new testament was written in greek and there was no record of the usage of Jehovah. But the watchtower still went ahead to include the word while admitting that it was not in the original scriptures. This was their defense.

Proclaimers p.99 claims:

"The conventioners were thrilled to learn that this new translation [NWT] restored the divine name Jehovah 237 times in the main text from Matthew to Revelation!"

The fundamental flaw of the NWT is this insertion of the word Jehovah 237 times into the New Testament. Watchtower justifies this insertion by claiming all known New Testament manuscripts are inaccurate. This is vitally important because such a claim undermines the integrity of the Bible.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by waShine(m): 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?
3. Why are we in different races and languages?
4. Why are they disasters and wars?
5. What is consciousness?
6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between?
7. Why is religion proliferating by the day?
8. What happens after death?
9. Is there a devil and hell?
10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

Bro you try well well, but I want to ask you if you try to read Quran as you include Islam in your comment.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
I attended the event too. I attend kingdom Hall meetings sometimes too and i am quite familiar with J.W doctrines.
Abeg oooo, nobody mentioned Russel's miracle wheat seeds oo, nobody mentioned the fact that he was a divorcee, and the way he was treating his wife was very contrary to bible standards which states that husbands and wives should submit to each other...hmmmmm..... Russell!!
He had a soft spot for mason. What of all the false prophecies? What of the one made by Russel himself which didnt come to pass?
Why are other christain organisations labelled false when clearly JW was built on falsehood? Did Russel made a claim which didnt come to pass? Yes he did!
He lost a lot of followers due to that prophesy which never came to pass.
And someone will tell me "we have amended our doctrines because our understanding of the bible has changed" . Lols. Why mend it? Shey watch tower say na only una church Holy spirit dae? (where is that in d bible)
Didnt watchtower state clearly that the Holy spirit "was only present in God's true earthly organisation (i.e JW)" and that all other christain organisation, was of the devil and which means the absence of the Holy spirit?
Where is that in the bible?
And if truely the organisation was inspired by the Holy spirit, then Russell's and some of the other prophecies would have come to pass....hmmmmm!!

I love J.W and i'll keep attenting meetings when i like, but i can never take some craps cus i no be dundy!!! Iranu!!

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

Proclaimers p.99 claims:

Im surprised you have so much information about witnesses and our present and past publications plus the apostate website jwfacts from where you draw all your information from.

You offer no alternative or better solution/doctrine or teachings better than what witnesses have to offer. You're obviously an apostate who

1. Was raised a witness and began to go back to the things behind.
2. Was disfellowshipped for wrongdoing and rather than repent and be reinstated have embarked on a campaign to discredit witnesses.
3. Fell in love with a witness girl and because she refused to marry you for not being a witness, you were left heartbroken and embarked on this campaign of hate.

All you do is dig into adjustments in scriptural understanding over the years and highlight it forgetting that even the early apostles had to reason from the scriptures on issues like circumcision and the likes for better understanding.

Catholics, Pentecostal churches and all regularly promote and practice unscriptural teachings and celebrations respectively THAT ARE NOT EVEN IN THE BIBLE at all but when a witness adjusts thinking on certain matters you copy and paste this to discredit witnesses.

Well. i leave you with peters word in 2 Pet 2:1-3
However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.2Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.3Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping.

7 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by XaintJoel20: 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

I don't even have time to or read your long copy and paste trash.
You wouldn't have the "time" to "read" it because it's revealing and brought out many flops in your belief and doctrine.
I am disappointed in you, reasons being that I hold Jehovah's Witnesses in high esteem due to their vast knowledge of the Bible, but you have turn out to be a poor student...

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Fabre: 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Be careful of apostate.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Fabre: 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Be careful of apostate. shocked

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
Funny grin grin grin

I was not, will not be a JW. You left me with a scripture, let me leave you with a question, can ACCURATE and COMPLETE truth adjust over time?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Fabre: 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
ajepako:
Go to JW .org for answers..

Proudly JW....
Team JW

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
coachwilcox:

Exactly. That's why you were disfellowshipped. Because you're a chronic fornicator and your present embassy condones it; contrary to bible teaching.

i was a regular pioneer before i slept with the elder and MS. but now i hate JW and kingdom hall
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by XaintJoel20: 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

That's very wrong! I may be obssesed with witnesses, but am not closed minded.

On two occasions I rejected my preconcieved doctrines after subjecting to biblical evidence I accepted that the witnesses were right.

In this thread I corrected my self after realizing that man is a living soul and not made up of body, soul and spirit as non-JW's claim.

https://www.nairaland.com/2594661/jw-dummies/1

Here I admited to a witness stance that Jesus ressurected with a spiritual body.

https://www.nairaland.com/2058270/doctrines-jehovah-witnesses-vs-holy/1
If Jesus Christ resurrected in the "spirit" and not in the "flesh" as you may want me to believe, why was his body not found in the tomb
#PleaseRespond...

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 10:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

i was a regular pioneer before i slept with the elder and MS. but now i hate JW and kingdom hall

Well. If you were a regular pioneer and then proceeded to sleep with and elder and MS, I wonder many worldling you were giving it to as well before then.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by athorello(m): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
I've lost touch with JWits. They were weekly callers at home while my dad was alive. Used to read their books and journals like mad. Library is still stocked with many of their literatures. Yeah, that's back then but I still have many of them as friends. On the average, jw has some of the best behaved folks as a religious organization.

All I care for now is my jw girl. But our love is yet to permeate religious boundary. According to jw, ur associates should not just respect your beliefs. They must hold them too. But to me, understanding and respect with love is key.

I'm now more of a church decentralised Christian though I currently hold my stronger ties to rccg. Formerly dlbc. I have my parents church (ccdc, don't ask me) at home, Salvation ministries half of the time this year. Winners, blw, ag, cgm, Baptist, Anglican, the apostolic faith, et al are places I do or have been to not forgetting the various campus fellowships back then (Gtan, dlcf, tlt, rcf, cfi, e-life, few others). Never been to Catholic, cele, church of christ or even jw (Kingdom hall). Who else is like me?

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:
Funny grin grin grin

I was not, will not be a JW. You left me with a scripture, let me leave you with a question, can ACCURATE and COMPLETE truth adjust over time?

exactly thats where my problem lie too, how can the truth, inspired by "the Holy Spirit" turnout to be false later?
Or is the Holy spirit a liar now?
Me no just understand
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Fabre: 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Enough of dis commotion. You can't change d spot on a Leopard skin. We r though convinced of d truth.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by imohchard(m): 11:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
AtleaSt you know thAt there is no place for immoraliTy in Jehovahs house
irunooboo:
I was disfellowshiped in 2010 after i slept with an elder and a ministerial servant while the others were reproved embarassed I am attending christ embassy now and God has truly shown me the way smiley

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by imohchard(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lols... You is a very religios perSon trust me... Buh I think You shoulD step back a little bit and look at the bigger picture in line with whAT thE bible really teacheS...
athorello:
I've lost touch with JWits. They were weekly callers at home while my dad was alive. Used to read their books and journals like mad. Library is still stocked with many of their literatures. Yeah, that's back then but I still have many of them as friends. On the average, jw has some of the best behaved folks as a religious organization.

All I care for now is my jw girl. But our love is yet to permeate religious boundary. According to jw, ur associates should not just respect your beliefs. They must hold them too. But to me, understanding and respect with love is key.

I'm now more of a church decentralised Christian though I currently hold my stronger ties to rccg. Formerly dlbc. I have my parents church (ccdc, don't ask me) at home, Salvation ministries half of the time this year. Winners, blw, ag, cgm, Baptist, Anglican, the apostolic faith, et al are places I do or have been to not forgetting the various campus fellowships back then (Gtan, dlcf, tlt, rcf, cfi, e-life, few others). Never been to Catholic, cele, church of christ or even jw (Kingdom hall). Who else is like me?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by imohchard(m): 11:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Bro, you remember WhAt christ say abouT those his father draws? The poor,un educAtEd honestt heArted ones... So noT everyonE can be a jW
paulGrundy:
Funny grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by kashflynn(m): 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Have you tried reading our book What does the Bible Really Teaches. If you haven't I appeal to you to get in contact with any of Jehovah's witness nd they would willing help you study this book, so u cld find Bible based ans and Bible truth for ur self from the Bible. I only ask u keep an open mind and will to learn so as to grab the full meaning on what ur studying, there after meditate deeply On the tinz u've learnt, then analyze, compare and contrast nd see if actually the Bible doesn't really have the ans to life big question Or u can Vist our website Jw.org for more information, tanx.. I look forward to your own post on nairaland as to the new scriptural understanding u've attained

oglalasioux:

You that have searched the scriptures give me just an answer to one of the questions I put up.

Okay. I'll give you time to ask people you think knows the bible if you don't know.

I'm particularly waiting for a Jehovah's Witness answer.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
Omagzee:

exactly thats where my problem lie too, how can the truth, inspired by "the Holy Spirit" turnout to be false later?
Or is the Holy spirit a liar now?
Me no just understand

How I wish the JW's in this forum reason like you, they even use the term ACCURATE and COMPLETE. grin
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
imohchard:
Bro, you remember WhAt christ say abouT those his father draws? The poor,un educAtEd honestt heArted ones... So noT everyonE can be a jW

Am glad Jesus never restricted anyone or formed any group or denomination. The bible sAys he is the ONLY mediator (link) between God and man. So who are you following? JW or Jesus?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Achorise: 11:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:

LMAO, u just said it all....sexual immorality is not condone in JW, but you are still loved, return to Jehovah and stop your promiscuousness
if you guys in JW can stop criticism of other religions on ur pulpit by indoctrinating the minds of your members, you will go a long way by opening your minds for Jesus to take charge.

How can someone be in Brussel,and control the minds of millions without anyone raising an eyebrow.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 11:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:
Funny grin grin grin

If you're not a former JW, then what's the basis for your hatred, opposition and ultimately apostasy?

You're like a man who saw a hungry person eating a meal. He the proceeded to tell him how many calories and possibly unhealthy cholesterol is in that meal and discourages him from consuming it. However, he offers no better alternative meal to the person to satisfy his hunger.

As for you question, I leave you with Proverbs 4:18,19.

18 But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning lightThat grows brighter and brighter until full daylight. 19 The way of the wicked is like the darkness;They do not know what makes them stumble

And

1 Cor 3:19

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, for it is written: “He catches the wise in their own cunning.”

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Ade Abraham: Why I Charge My Church Members N310K To Fly Them To Heaven / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Throwback & Now Photos / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.