Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,636 members, 7,840,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (49828 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by MoneypassGod(m): 1:12am On Mar 26, 2016
astute07:

You an apostate.that's just the truth.Try return to Jehovah
By calling him an apostate u just proved his point to be true. Witnesses believe only their religion is righteous and others are doomed, even though they have no proof.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by astute07(f): 1:15am On Mar 26, 2016
Saylawchar:

Can you see what am saying? Calling someone an apostate when you are not supposed to judge another person. I just pity your spiritual life......

You of all people know what I meant; so DNt wist it
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by astute07(f): 1:15am On Mar 26, 2016
MoneypassGod:
By calling him an apostate u just proved his point to be true. Witnesses believe only their religion is righteous and others are doomed, even though they have no proof.

Like you do v proof right; y defend someone that knows exactly what m saying.pls mind ur own business

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by astute07(f): 1:20am On Mar 26, 2016
bezimo:
Stay away from those Jehovah witness folks.They pervert the true gospel of Jesus Christ.You would be misguided eventually and miss it if you follow them.I hope you are not one of them.

The likes of Mormon, Jehovah witness, be super careful.

Find a true bible believing and Holy Spirit believing church and worship.

Hmmm you need to find a true cure for your identity problem; y say inspired errors

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by MoneypassGod(m): 1:27am On Mar 26, 2016
astute07:

Like you do v proof right; y defend someone that knows exactly what m saying.pls mind ur own business
All d prophecies they made failed. Dats proof dat jehovah's witness is a scam religion if u ask me. God cannot direct his true worshippers to make false prophecies. So keep on living in fantasy.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by MoneypassGod(m): 1:44am On Mar 26, 2016
oglalasioux:

A Jehovah's witness will NEVER touch any other bible except the New World Translation which they translated themselves. Their reason is nothing but to twist the lie their own way.
U could not be more wrong. I guess dats wot ur pastor told u.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 1:48am On Mar 26, 2016
paulGrundy:
Funny grin grin grin

I was not, will not be a JW. You left me with a scripture, let me leave you with a question, can ACCURATE and COMPLETE truth adjust over time?

Truth is static, it dsnt change, but our understanding of truth is progressive according to God's will and purpose.

Jesus taught his disciples about Gods kingdom, even before then they had read about the kingdom from the laws and prophets...still, they didn't fully understand it, all the while thinking it was a government to free the jews from the romans. It only became clearer to them after jesus died and ascended to heaven. Even we today now have a clearer understanding about God's kingdom than paul and other first century christians.

After prophet daniel had seen visions concerning the last days and he didn't understand, God told him: "as for you, daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant." - dan 12:4.

The truth about God's kingdom is static, dsnt change, but our understanding of it is progressive according to Gods will and purpose. So it is with the body of truth. So an evidence that a religion is progressive and on track is that they are always ready to adjust their understanding to be more aligned with truth. They realise that God grants understanding progressively.

unfortunately that's something people who think in human terms cnt understand. you cannot weigh the bible on a scientific scale, you cannot judge a religion with human wisdom, u'll get it all wrong.

I've explained all of these to you on older threads, but U're so consumed with lashing jehovah's witnesses. Do u know how many persons have gotten baptised since u started as yooguys and then paulgrundy and now? Its pathetic, just quit and be helped.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Ayodeb(m): 4:20am On Mar 26, 2016
paulGrundy:

I don't plan on argueing with you, you can't argue facts, you state them. Well since you know, let me drop you with this;

The watchtower originally taught that NO ONE would make heaven, and that heaven is already complete.

It was later changed and stated they were not sure if heaven was complete, hence some can now make heaven. grin grin

For over 70 years it was held that the 144,000 were fully assigned by 1935.

"Logically, the calling of the little flock would draw to a close when the number was nearing completion, and the evidence is that the general gathering of these specially blessed ones ended in 1935." Watchtower 1995 Feb 15 p.19

If anyone since 1935 rightfully claimed to be anointed it was as a replacement of a sinful remnant, no longer worthy of heaven.

"For 19 centuries there was only the one calling, the heavenly one, with Jehovah being very selective as to who would serve with his Son to make up the Kingdom government. Many would be invited but only a precious few chosen. (Matthew 22:2, 14) In time the prescribed but limited number of 144,000 would be reached. After this no more would be anointed by holy spirit as witness that they had the heavenly hope, unless, in a rare occurrence, the unfaithfulness of one of the remaining 'chosen ones' made a replacement necessary." Watchtower 1982 Feb 15 p.30

In 2005, it was 70 years since the calling was said to have closed. Since a person cannot become anointed until after their baptism, the youngest of the 1935 anointed would have been around 15 in that year, and so in 2005 the youngest anointed from 1935 were already 85. In 2005, only a very small number of those from 1935 were still alive, and so most partakers would need to be considered replacements.

There are a number of holes it the idea that the heavenly call closed in 1935. [size=20pt]To start with, there is absolutely no Scriptural basis that the calling would close, let alone specifically in 1935 or any other year[/size] (this explains why you avoided my question). None of the Governing Body were even been born before 1935. Furthermore, there has been no decrease in partakers in over 35 years. This led to Watchtower finally admitting that this doctrine never had any basis.

"When does the calling of Christians to a heavenly hope cease? …
On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.
How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. " Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31

Check here for more truth: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

Centuries of deception at its worst!
Apostate!

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rabzy: 4:29am On Mar 26, 2016
paulGrundy:

Aha! Now you are talking, just so you know Jehovah is not Gods name it was derived by combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai (lord)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

The Divine Name Brochure p.10, by the Watchtower Society states:

"Even though the modern pronunciation Jehovah might not be exactly the way it was pronounced originally, this in no way detracts from the importance of the name. While many translators favor the pronunciation Yahweh, the New World Translation and also a number of other translations continue the use of the form Jehovah because of people's familiarity with it for centuries."

His name is yahweh. The Jews don't usually pronounce the name, so its pronounciation is unknown.

Secondly the original manuscripts of the new testament was written in greek and there was no record of the usage of Jehovah. But the watchtower still went ahead to include the word while admitting that it was not in the original scriptures. This was their defense.

Proclaimers p.99 claims:

"The conventioners were thrilled to learn that this new translation [NWT] restored the divine name Jehovah 237 times in the main text from Matthew to Revelation!"

The fundamental flaw of the NWT is this insertion of the word Jehovah 237 times into the New Testament. Watchtower justifies this insertion by claiming all known New Testament manuscripts are inaccurate. This is vitally important because such a claim undermines the integrity of the Bible.

Paul Grundy most witnesses are not people who just wake up one day and just entered a hall and then became witnesses, it took months, for most years of learning and learning. So these snippets of yours are just not enough. Your jwfacts are most times not factual. So don't quote them like they are some Bible.

Now about God's name and not just God's name alone all Hebrew names are written without the verbs, just the consonants are written, but speakers or readers fill in the gap as the read because they know the names.

But because of Jewish superstitions, they stopped pronouncing God's name. So the actual way it should be pronounced may not be absolutely definitive as you also mentioned.

So why would you categorically state that his name is Yahweh, we're you there. Yahweh is just another possible way it could have been pronounced.

So from abnitio witnesses have said no one can be absolutely sure how to pronounce it, so what's your grouse. If you prefer Yahweh, fine and good and if you want to put your own vowels into those consonants go ahead and do it. Witnesses never said Yahweh is wrong, they only gave reasons for preferring to use Jehovah. So what bones are you still picking over that.

Now why stick with Jehovah. What do you think these hebrew names are linked to, jehoshaphat, jehu, jehoash, Elijah, abijah, jehoshua/Joshua, jeshaiah and finally Jesus. Do you know the meaning of those names. They are all derivatives of the name Jehovah. Jesus name in Hebrew is actually yeshua or yehoshua which is the same with Joshua.

So if you prefer Yahweh, will you start calling Jesus yeshua too, what about jehoshua, Elijah, jehoshaphat, Jeremiah, abijah, jahzeiah, jehoahaz jehoachin jehoiada jehonadab. What will you do with jehonathan popularly known as Jonathan. These are all names gotten from Jehovah. Well you could start saying Goodluck Yonathan and let's see how far you get.

Now saying you have a grouse with using God's name in the new testament is sheer ignorance. The verses where the NWT puts God's name in the new testament are places where the writers quoted from the old testament and if you check the verses in the old testament God's name was there but was wrongly removed by copysts. We know the original Bible writers of the new testament while quoting the old testament would not have taken out the name. So it's not a case of undermining the integrity of the scriptures, it is about removing superstitious errors of copysts thereby assuring it's integrity.

Lastly even though we are very much proudly associated with the name, it has been used in many bibles before ours, it is still used by many now, and insha Allah the name would be more in use despite enemies efforts to bury it as Jesus said 'I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me'.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by gbame(m): 4:32am On Mar 26, 2016
Ayodeb:

Apostate!
And you are what? A lot of JWs are apostates even among their GB because they were not born JWs. Were you born a JW? Mark you there's nothing wrong for one to be an apostate because you guys swell your ranks with apostates from other religious groups too.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 26, 2016
ableguy:

Awake and watchtower is Jehovah's witnesses and Jehovah's witnesses are owners of the journals.
Sure I know, that's why I wrote such

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 26, 2016
charlsecy:
Conflicting submissions.
What is conflicting about the submission?
That I don't attend the church means I should spit on anything that comes out of it?
I don't like the school or course doesn't mean I cant read journals and periodicals from them
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by 124mumsy: 5:53am On Mar 26, 2016
oglalasioux:

You that have searched the scriptures give me just an answer to one of the questions I put up.

Okay. I'll give you time to ask people you think knows the bible if you don't know.

I'm particularly waiting for a Jehovah's Witness answer.
bros remember what the scripture says do not be equally yoke with the unbelievers, this is guy is intelligent but is just like Nicodemus lack spiritual background, my brother I we advice you vesite winner chapel and start foundation class where you we have answer s to all this question and even more to quench your curiosity

br
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 26, 2016
coachwilcox:

It's obvious from your profile that you were a willful unrepentant sinner who thought you could eat from the table of God and the demons. Probably slept with other worldly too while you were at it and the elder and ms you slept will went forth and admitted their errors to the body of elders.

shut the Bleep up and stop spamming my mentions angry
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Solobenny(m): 7:04am On Mar 26, 2016
Achorise:
they need help, help them.I was once a member, since I met JESUS my life has changed tremendously. look for a good church to know God better.
lol. You met Jesus, you met Jesus, you were never a Jw

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Achorise: 7:21am On Mar 26, 2016
Solobenny:
The only help you need is in Ephesians 1:18.I pray you get it before you leave this world. .Becos Christianity is not abou literatures and giving talks, it's about life and experiences.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2016
Achorise:
Don't sound paranoid.You know the so called society controls everything, you dare not ask questions. A boy in ABK eat your communion bread and wine, he's not even a member, just an invitee to memorial service. What do you make out of it bro.I won't condem, but critically examine some of your doctrines objectively.
if you are sincere enough, u will see that despite the falsehood spread by you & ur likes in this thread, Witnesses have remain calm,trying to answer your questions with well chosen words, u can attest to the fact that you haven't seen any JW insult anybody, this distinct behavior alone speaks volume of what they learn and practice... am not angry with you, why should I? I meet your likes virtually everyday of my life, ......u amaze me, non Witnesses partake of these things virtually everyday in their places of worship, he's partaking of the bread and wine is just the results of sheer ignorance, Brother be sincere with your self, look through out the world, some set of pple tries their best to follow Bible teachings, the practice it and live by it, which oda set does dat except Witnesses?
check our lifestyle, the love practiced in the fold...u sure know the truth, u will agree with me that in imperfect world like dis, 1or 2 person can err or misbehave, but in generality we practice what we teach, just be truthful broda,

I think your oda questions has long been answered in this thread

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 7:30am On Mar 26, 2016
Memyselfu2009:

Is the pyramid in Egypt also freemason

Russel was a freemason. He extoll it in his writings without mixing words. The records is out there though the WT wouldn't want any of their Witnesses to know. But that not the point of the matter.

The matter was that jw claim that other religious groups have believes based on paganism but they themselves do not know that their 1914 doctrine is based on paganism eventhough the GB try to hide such facts. (that is aside from the fact that the calculation and date isn't correct in the first place)
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 7:35am On Mar 26, 2016
rottennaija:

Yes and I only accept what the Bible teaches, not what I know have been failing and will continue to fail. That's why I'm making more research in the Bible and other sources, I'm not limiting myself to what the Watchtower teaches anymore, I'm being more like the boreans, I thoroughly search out the scriptures before I accept anything.

Well! Unfortunately with this mindset, I'll never be an elder. But I'll rather not be an elder than be carried away by every wind of teaches and teach people what I do not believe in. I don't want anyone to break my heart tomorrow when they will come out and say, "well jesus evidently referred to this generation as having 3 overlapping generation" or perhaps now refer them to worldly people.
ur Monika speaks volume, u need no explanation... thanks

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Achorise: 7:41am On Mar 26, 2016
Solobenny:
They have told you Devil owns all the churches, and you believe that,as doctrines are modified you adapting to it, without asking questions, society said, society said, no independent reasoning any more cos they already condemn all the churches, But the churches hardly condem you guys, you don't give churches attention but you want them to collect your tracts,good work by society. The UN I once preached against, I never knew society was secretly a part of it, and even supported them, untill someone spoke out, and they came with one funny excuses, and you believed.

many failed prophecies and you believed. One day sincerely ask God to help you, if ego will allow you, you will see how wretched you are spiritually. l love bro
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by coachwilcox(m): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2016
rabzy:

Paul Grundy most witnesses are not people who just wake up one day and just entered a hall and then became witnesses, it took months, for most years of learning and learning. So these snippets of yours are just not enough. Your jwfacts are most times not factual. So don't quote them like they are some Bible.

Now about God's name and not just God's name alone all Hebrew names are written without the verbs, just the consonants are written, but speakers or readers fill in the gap as the read because they know the names.

But because of Jewish superstitions, they stopped pronouncing God's name. So the actual way it should be pronounced may not be absolutely definitive as you also mentioned.

So why would you categorically state that his name is Yahweh, we're you there. Yahweh is just another possible way it could have been pronounced.

So from abnitio witnesses have said no one can be absolutely sure how to pronounce it, so what's your grouse. If you prefer Yahweh, fine and good and if you want to put your own vowels into those consonants go ahead and do it. Witnesses never said Yahweh is wrong, they only gave reasons for preferring to use Jehovah. So what bones are you still picking over that.

Now why stick with Jehovah. What do you think these hebrew names are linked to, jehoshaphat, jehu, jehoash, Elijah, abijah, jehoshua/Joshua, jeshaiah and finally Jesus. Do you know the meaning of those names. They are all derivatives of the name Jehovah. Jesus name in Hebrew is actually yeshua or yehoshua which is the same with Joshua.

So if you prefer Yahweh, will you start calling Jesus yeshua too, what about jehoshua, Elijah, jehoshaphat, Jeremiah, abijah, jahzeiah, jehoahaz jehoachin jehoiada jehonadab. What will you do with jehonathan popularly known as Jonathan. These are all names gotten from Jehovah. Well you could start saying Goodluck Yonathan and let's see how far you get.

Now saying you have a grouse with using God's name in the new testament is sheer ignorance. The verses where the NWT puts God's name in the new testament are places where the writers quoted from the old testament and if you check the verses in the old testament God's name was there but was wrongly removed by copysts. We know the original Bible writers of the new testament while quoting the old testament would not have taken out the name. So it's not a case of undermining the integrity of the scriptures, it is about removing superstitious errors of copysts thereby assuring it's integrity.

Lastly even though we are very much proudly associated with the name, it has been used in many bibles before ours, it is still used by many now, and insha Allah the name would be more in use despite enemies efforts to bury it as Jesus said 'I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me'.

Brother. I doff my hat for you 100%. A man truly qualified to teach.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Fabre: 8:21am On Mar 26, 2016
kashflynn:
Coachwilcox. Bro I don't know ur name but ur comments with the said sister, isn't biffting as 1 of Jehovah's servant's, hw do you think Jehovah would fill reading ur response with the sister, no matter her error, or what she has done. Jehovah God and his son Jesus christ still has her at heart and wishes the strayed flocks finds her way to Jehovah flock ones again.. Don't forget d admonition of Apostle Paul to in sighting one another to fyn works.
What is d relationship btw light and darkness. Jehovah wants all to attain to repentance. Jehovah won't force anyone to love him likewise we can't. Bt, we need to be mindful of those who act as apostate and doesn't keep an open mind. U can't change d spot on a Leopard skin. Enough of d commotion. Also note that not everyone will embrace d truth.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 8:22am On Mar 26, 2016
dumo1:

Bros u were not the one I quoted so Pls i beg you carry your wahala and your myopic mind to your village. Your comments haven't been useful to this thread. why so much hatred?

Don't mind him, I don't know what's his problems

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2016
Omagzee:
I attended the event too. I attend kingdom Hall meetings sometimes too and i am quite familiar with J.W doctrines.
Abeg oooo, nobody mentioned Russel's miracle wheat seeds oo, nobody mentioned the fact that he was a divorcee, and the way he was treating his of wife was very contrary to bible standards which states that husbands and wives should submit to each other...hmmmmm.....
He had a soft for mason. What of all the false prophecies? What of the one made by Russel himself which didnt come to pass?
Why are other christain organisation labelled false when clearly JW was built on falsehood? Did Russel made a claim which didnt come to pass? Yes he did!
He lost a lot of followers due to that prophesy which never came to pass.
And someone will tell me "we have amended our doctrines because our understanding of the bible has changed" . Lols. Why mend it? Shey watch tower say na una una church Holy spirit dae? (where is that in d bible)
Didnt watchtower state clearly that the Holy spirit "was only present in God's true earthly organisation (i.e JW)" and that all other christain organisation, was of the devil and which means the absence of the Holy spirit?
Where is that in the bible?
And if truely the organisation was inspired by the Holy spirit, then Russell's and some of the other prophecies would have come to pass....hmmmmm!!

I love J.W and i'll keep attenting meetings when i like, but i can never take some craps cus i no be dundy!!!
You have seen any prophecy fulfilled? Matthew 24:19? Instance
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Achorise: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2016
okitz4:

if you are sincere enough, u will see that despite the falsehood spread by you & ur likes in this thread, Witnesses have remain calm,trying to answer your questions with well chosen words, u can attest to the fact that you haven't seen any JW insult anybody, this distinct behavior alone speaks volume of what they learn and practice... am not angry with you, why should I? I meet your likes virtually everyday of my life, ......u amaze me, non Witnesses partake of these things virtually everyday in their places of worship, he's partaking of the bread and wine is just the results of sheer ignorance, Brother be sincere with your self, look through out the world, some set of pple tries their best to follow Bible teachings, the practice it and live by it, which oda set does dat except Witnesses?
check our lifestyle, the love practiced in the fold...u sure know the truth, u will agree with me that in imperfect world like dis, 1or 2 person can err or misbehave, but in generality we practice what we teach, just be truthful broda,

I think your oda questions has long been answered in this thread
you said I spread lies by viewing my opinions it an insult. I have never said anything against YOU inform of insult to you and your religion, I'm well brought up by and taught well.Have tasted other religious bodies to know if they lack love?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 8:29am On Mar 26, 2016
coachwilcox:

Im surprised you have so much information about witnesses and our present and past publications plus the apostate website jwfacts from where you draw all your information from.

You offer no alternative or better solution/doctrine or teachings better than what witnesses have to offer. You're obviously an apostate who

1. Was raised a witness and began to go back to the things behind.
2. Was disfellowshipped for wrongdoing and rather than repent and be reinstated have embarked on a campaign to discredit witnesses.
3. Fell in love with a witness girl and because she refused to marry you for not being a witness, you were left heartbroken and embarked on this campaign of hate.

All you do is dig into adjustments in scriptural understanding over the years and highlight it forgetting that even the early apostles had to reason from the scriptures on issues like circumcision and the likes for better understanding.

Catholics, Pentecostal churches and all regularly promote and practice unscriptural teachings and celebrations respectively THAT ARE NOT EVEN IN THE BIBLE at all but when a witness adjusts thinking on certain matters you copy and paste this to discredit witnesses.

Well. i leave you with peters word in 2 Pet 2:1-3
However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.2Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.3Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping.
Don't mind him, instead of slandering he should do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2016
XaintJoel20:

You wouldn't have the "time" to "read" it because it's revealing and brought out many flops in your belief and doctrine.
I am disappointed in you, reasons being that I hold Jehovah's Witnesses in high esteem due to their vast knowledge of the Bible, but you have turn out to be a poor student...

No wahala, maybe you are right. But sometimes it's better to ignore people like him.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 8:34am On Mar 26, 2016
irunooboo:

i was a regular pioneer before i slept with the elder and MS. but now i hate JW and kingdom hall
Why won't you hate them? When they won't allow u indulge in your immoral lifestyle. You are a corruptive influence.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by winningwinner(m): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2016
oglalasioux:

I believe you are using good and substandard products to depict my argument for religion.

Please fix as appropriate;

Catholic
Methodist
Anglican
Church of Christ
Seventh Day Adventist
Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints
Olumba Olumba
Celestial Church of Christ
Redeemed Christian Mission
Believers Love World
Jehovah's Witnesses
The Lord's Chosen

Help me categorize the above according to good and substandard (I'll come up with more).

Then you check bible translations;

Good News Version
King James Version
New world Translation
Revised Standard Version
New Jerusalem Bible
The Living Bible etc

Please explain why they should be different versions of a holy book. The only obvious answer is that it's a forgery. But let me wait for your answers.

A muslim will always be muslim. Both in and out, he is identified with something obnoxious.... terrorism!
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=ableguy post=44118517][/quote]

bro why u de quote me na? Abi u wanna explain the biblical concept behind Russell's miracle wheat seeds?
Funny, but i am smart enough to see through the bloody hypocrisy
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2016
paulGrundy:

grin grin grin

What of the one where they said that in 1919, Jesus made an invisible appearance on earth and then chose the WT as his mouth piece. This doctrine is still believed and taught till today. grin grin grin

You truly don't know Jehovah's Witnesses, you are just saying what you think.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2016
paulGrundy:

That is not JW's website, but that site provides an accurate and all side view of the society, compared to jw.org which is very myopic.

To me, I will rather find out from Jehovah's Witnesses, they always call at people's door. You can't rule out the fact that we live in a world full of slanderous people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Ade Abraham: Why I Charge My Church Members N310K To Fly Them To Heaven / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Throwback & Now Photos / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.