Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,619 members, 7,851,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (49899 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by jotey(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ajepako(f): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
Go to JW .org for answers..

Proudly JW....

9 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by IsaacBuchi(m): 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
I was there too! cheesy

JW forever!

8 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?
3. Why are we in different races and languages?
4. Why are they disasters and wars?
5. What is consciousness?
6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between?
7. Why is religion proliferating by the day?
8. What happens after death?
9. Is there a devil and hell?
10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

The Bible did provides answers to the questions you posted. If you dare study the Bible without prejudice, you will get your answers.

8 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by unitysheart(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
I think this point of yours has been corrected. (Matthew 24:34) . . .Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.

One thing I cherish about Jehovah's Witnesses is they accept when their are errors in their teachings and make amendments.
paulGrundy:

I don't plan on argueing with you, you can't argue facts, you state them. Well since you know, let me drop you with this;

The watchtower originally taught that NO ONE would make heaven, and that heaven is already complete.

It was later changed and stated they were not sure if heaven was complete, hence some can now make heaven. grin grin

For over 70 years it was held that the 144,000 were fully assigned by 1935.

"Logically, the calling of the little flock would draw to a close when the number was nearing completion, and the evidence is that the general gathering of these specially blessed ones ended in 1935." Watchtower 1995 Feb 15 p.19

If anyone since 1935 rightfully claimed to be anointed it was as a replacement of a sinful remnant, no longer worthy of heaven.

"For 19 centuries there was only the one calling, the heavenly one, with Jehovah being very selective as to who would serve with his Son to make up the Kingdom government. Many would be invited but only a precious few chosen. (Matthew 22:2, 14) In time the prescribed but limited number of 144,000 would be reached. After this no more would be anointed by holy spirit as witness that they had the heavenly hope, unless, in a rare occurrence, the unfaithfulness of one of the remaining 'chosen ones' made a replacement necessary." Watchtower 1982 Feb 15 p.30

In 2005, it was 70 years since the calling was said to have closed. Since a person cannot become anointed until after their baptism, the youngest of the 1935 anointed would have been around 15 in that year, and so in 2005 the youngest anointed from 1935 were already 85. In 2005, only a very small number of those from 1935 were still alive, and so most partakers would need to be considered replacements.

There are a number of holes it the idea that the heavenly call closed in 1935. [size=20pt]To start with, there is absolutely no Scriptural basis that the calling would close, let alone specifically in 1935 or any other year[/size] (this explains why you avoided my question). None of the Governing Body were even been born before 1935. Furthermore, there has been no decrease in partakers in over 35 years. This led to Watchtower finally admitting that this doctrine never had any basis.

"When does the calling of Christians to a heavenly hope cease? …
On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.
How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. " Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31

Check here for more truth: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

Centuries of deception at its worst!

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by charlsecy(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
favoured234:
Jehovah witness not my thing...
Awake and watchtower very educative... I like
Conflicting submissions.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by AmAlbert(m): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
Oga OP thanks for being in attendance, hope at least you got some new knowledge about the Bible, please try to associate with Us more often so that you'll know much more about life, God and humans

Please feel free to visit jw.org for more answers you may have regarding humans, faith, God and life...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by joyandfaith: 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?
3. Why are we in different races and languages?
4. Why are they disasters and wars?
5. What is consciousness?
6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between?
7. Why is religion proliferating by the day?
8. What happens after death?
9. Is there a devil and hell?
10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

find answers to your questions here
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Saylawchar(m): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:
I was in benin yesterday so I attended the memorial at a Kingdom Hall around akpakpava.
1; Nissan is the first month in the jewish calendar, the isrealites usually remember the passover in this month. The commemoration of christ death replaced the passover because it was done on the same day.
2; According to the speaker christ specifically commanded his followers to continually observe this event. Luke 22:19.
3; Two destinies awaits faithful Christians, to be rewarded with entenal life in heaven to serve as kings and priests with jesus christ or to enjoy life here on earth under perfect conditions without sorrows and other problems.
4; The opportunity of going to heaven was for the isrealites but they proved to be unfaithful to the point of killing jesus the son of God. It was now extended to the gentiles.
5; God himself determine whether you are qualified for life in heaven or not, God's spirit must bear witness with our spirit if we are.
6; According to revelation they were singing a new song and no one was able to master the song except them, he asked do you know the song? The audience was quite.
7; Contrary to popular belief that righteous ones will go to heaven to rest. For instance at death you'll hear things like rest in peace, rest in the bosom of the lord in heaven is not in harmony with the teachings of the bible because the bible expressly said the people going to heaven are going to serve as kings and priests not going to sing and clap like we are taught in the churches.
These are the few things I remembered.

It's high time you come back to your senses, gradually you are loosing it. Ask them (JW), why is it that according to their teachings, no other religion is righteous except theirs, ask them why is it that they presume other fellow Christians as Christendom Why is their own bible different from the real bible we know.

Mind you I was born and brought up as one of them but left them immediately I gained my freedom from my parents. It's a serious spiritual bandage!

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
just came in here to identify myself as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, proudly JW.

11 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by unitysheart(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
Me too.
ajepako:
Go to JW .org for answers..

Proudly JW....

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by unitysheart(m): 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
Same same.

IsaacBuchi:
I was there too! cheesy

JW forever!

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
shala01:

The Bible did provides answers to the questions you posted. If you dare study the Bible without prejudice, you will get your answers.

In the spirit of saving a 'lost soul' like me please answer at least one from your understanding of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by unitysheart(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
My brothers plenty here.
AmAlbert:
Oga OP thanks for being in attendance, hope at least you got some new knowledge about the Bible, please try to associate with Us more often so that you'll know much more about life, God and humans

Please feel free to visit jw.org for more answers you may have regarding humans, faith, God and life...

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
I was disfellowshiped in 2010 after i slept with an elder and a ministerial servant while the others were reproved embarassed I am attending christ embassy now and God has truly shown me the way smiley
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by unitysheart(m): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
Saylawchar:

It's high time you come back to your senses, gradually you are loosing it. Ask them (JW), why is it that according to their teachings, no other religion is righteous except theirs, ask them why is it that they presume other fellow Christians as Christendom Why is their own bible different from the real bible we know.

Mind you I was born and brought up as one of them but left them immediately I gained my freedom from my parents. It's a serious spiritual bandage!

Bros, you need to get updated. We do not teach we are the only righteous ones. In fact, we state that according to the Bible, separation of the sheep and the goats is yet to be done. Therefore, everyone is presumed innocent until found guilty.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by masseratti: 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:
I was disfellowshiped in 2010 after i slept with an elder and a ministerial servant while the others were reproved embarassed I am attending christ embassy now and God has truly shown me the way smiley
;Du funny gurl
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
joyandfaith:

find answers to your questions here
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

I challenge you that your website doesn't answer any of the questions I raised. If I'm wrong prove it to me by tackling at least one of the questions.

I started reading Jehovah's Witness books and journals 20 years ago. I have a library of Awake! Watchtower, Young People Ask and so much more. I don't argue blindly. I've done a 15 years research and come to the conclusion that God, as dished out to us by Judaism, Christianity and Islam, doesn't exist.

Jehovah's Witnesses are great people. I owe much of what I know in my chosen profession to what I learnt from Awake! over the years. Unfortunately, they don't have tangible answers to world's nagging questions.

Interestingly, science can answer a great deal of mankind's questions with evidence. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:
I was in benin yesterday so I attended the memorial at a Kingdom Hall around akpakpava.
1; Nissan is the first month in the jewish calendar, the isrealites usually remember the passover in this month. The commemoration of christ death replaced the passover because it was done on the same day.
2; According to the speaker christ specifically commanded his followers to continually observe this event. Luke 22:19.
3; Two destinies awaits faithful Christians, to be rewarded with entenal life in heaven to serve as kings and priests with jesus christ or to enjoy life here on earth under perfect conditions without sorrows and other problems.
4; The opportunity of going to heaven was for the isrealites but they proved to be unfaithful to the point of killing jesus the son of God. It was now extended to the gentiles.
5; God himself determine whether you are qualified for life in heaven or not, God's spirit must bear witness with our spirit if we are.
6; According to revelation they were singing a new song and no one was able to master the song except them, he asked do you know the song? The audience was quite.
7; Contrary to popular belief that righteous ones will go to heaven to rest. For instance at death you'll hear things like rest in peace, rest in the bosom of the lord in heaven is not in harmony with the teachings of the bible because the bible expressly said the people going to heaven are going to serve as kings and priests not going to sing and clap like we are taught in the churches.

But in your lesson 6, you mentioned that that they sang a new song, then in 7, you mentioned being Kings and priest, thereby contradicting yourself.

They will serve as Kings and priest, they will also judge the world and will also rest as "churches" teach and sing to God forever and ever. That's what the Bible says. I'm a Jw, so I know all I have been learning the past 25 years of being there. The speaker didn't mention all about them that JW teach
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

the way indeed, After you sinned and was disciplined, abi the disciplinary actions against you and your cohorts na wrong teachings?

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by mjay4luv(m): 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hoping to be a baptised, publisher and a witness of Jehovah someday...... So help me Jah! Proudly inlove with Jehovah n His True Witnesses........

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:

the way indeed, After you sinned and was disciplined, abi the disciplinary actions against you and your cohorts na wrong teachings?

No one will care if u sleep with any one in my present church. i hate JW

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

The problem with religion is it's different versions. Only lies have different versions.

I agree with you totally and they battle for supremacy, whose religion is the best in the process condemning other religious groups of something they are guilty of. Very typical of JW.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by utdmulato(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:
. Pls irunooo, JHV stil loves u, infact its only a loving fada dt discipline his child, hweva they is a provision rit now for u to come bck to JHV or perhaps return to JHV becuz He cares for you

6 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by shamecurls(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

I believe you are using good and substandard products to depict my argument for religion.

Please fix as appropriate;

Catholic
Methodist
Anglican
Church of Christ
Seventh Day Adventist
Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints
Olumba Olumba
Celestial Church of Christ
Redeemed Christian Mission
Believers Love World
Jehovah's Witnesses
The Lord's Chosen

Help me categorize the above according to good and substandard (I'll come up with more).

Then you check bible translations;

Good News Version
King James Version
New world Translation
Revised Standard Version
New Jerusalem Bible
The Living Bible etc

Please explain why they should be different versions of a holy book. The only obvious answer is that it's a forgery. But let me wait for your answers.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by joyandfaith: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

No one will care if u sleep with any one in my present church. i hate JW

psycho spotted

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
utdmulato:
. Pls irunooo, JHV stil loves u, infact its only a loving fada dt discipline his child, hweva they is a provision rit now for u to come bck to JHV or perhaps return to JHV becuz He cares for you

No way. I am in the choir at christ embassy and am loving it
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Maximus85(m): 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

You that have searched the scriptures give me just an answer to one of the questions I put up.

Okay. I'll give you time to ask people you think knows the bible if you don't know.

I'm particularly waiting for a Jehovah's Witness answer.

If you want to sincerely find answers to these interesting questions, kindly ask any of the Jehovah's Witnesses to get you this book... What can the Bible teach us. You need to first acknowledge the accuracy and authenticity of the Bible and this same book will help you only if you clear your mind of any bias.

A very popular Deaconess also attended the memorial of Jesus Christ's death in my congregation and after the program she's said she's been studying the Bible for ages but has never heard what she heard that night and couldn't blv they actually are in the Bible. She said she felt she's a candidate for heaven but she now know better, that to be born again is never an individual decision but God's.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by joyandfaith: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

But in your lesson 6, you mentioned that that they sang a new song, then in 7, you mentioned being Kings and priest, thereby contradicting yourself.

They will serve as Kings and priest, they will also judge the world and will also rest as "churches" teach and sing to God forever and ever. That's what the Bible says. I'm a Jw, so I know all I have been learning the past 25 years of being there. The speaker didn't mention all about them that JW teach

that is what he leant from the memorial talk. kudos to ableguy. I do not think there is any contradiction.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by kemifunke: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Irore: 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

We done hear the teachers version according to you. Now do like the Bearean Christian that went back to the Bible to check if these things were true.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by fathertobe(m): 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

You that have searched the scriptures give me just an answer to one of the questions I put up.

Okay. I'll give you time to ask people you think knows the bible if you don't know.

I'm particularly waiting for a Jehovah's Witness answer.
I am a Jehovah's witness, I will answer ur questions, just mail me wit ur whatsapp contact or bbm pin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu / Pastor Samuel Udo-Mbang Is Dead. Deeper Life Swaziland Overseer Slumps & Dies / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.