Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272641 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2011
Esin waju:

@Zimdrill, thanks for the response @Deji2009, eko ni mo n gbe o lol, I reside in lagos. By the way i don't think you are getting me, i'm not trying to share my wireless connection. I'm the one who's trying to connect to a wireless connection that has been detected by my system and i use windows 7 ultimate so i could not try out what you suggested. Thanks for the response.

Network and sharing centre is what you need to click on for any wireless
connection problem in windows 7 and vista except xp which is different.

Do not confuse by the term sharing , I know you're not sharing.

Refer to my previous reply as it take me time to type and would
appreciate if you try that and if no joy then we can provide more support.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2011
Esin waju:

@Zimdrill, thanks for the response @Deji2009, eko ni mo n gbe o lol, I reside in lagos. By the way i don't think you are getting me, i'm not trying to share my wireless connection. I'm the one who's trying to connect to a wireless connection that has been detected by my system and i use windows 7 ultimate so i could not try out what you suggested. Thanks for the response.

who's network it is that have been discovered ? your or someone's

if its yours make sure the password has been typed in correctly in that pc, sometimes the pc would connect straight away, if not restart your pc and router
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2011
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 9:02am On Apr 27, 2011
zimdrill i really want to thank you for ur enormous responses to our numerous issues. plz do u have an email add i would like to have it may if possible ur phone number is dat too much to ask of a frnd i have neva seen or heard b4 yet answers my questions?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 9:27am On Apr 27, 2011
@Deji2009, now that you`ve explained it , i understand.

@Zimdrill, the network isn`t mine, it`s that of a company very close my place of residence.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2011
Esin waju:

@Zimdrill, the network isn`t mine, it`s that of a company very close my place of residence.

he he he, you are wardriving? Anyway, you can only connect to it if it is unsecured.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:39am On Apr 27, 2011
steve20114ril:

zimdrill i really want to thank you for your enormous responses to our numerous issues. plz do u have an email add i would like to have it may if possible your phone number is dat too much to ask of a frnd i have neva seen or heard b4 yet answers my questions?

email add is drill2drill@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2011
Esin waju:

ha ha ha my suspicisions were right
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 11:31pm On Apr 27, 2011
@denzel, it's an unsecured connection. @Zimdrill, na who no like free thing? I've got mine though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 11:52pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Deji2009, my computer has started again with the choppy videos. Anymore advise?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

@Deji2009, my computer has started again with the choppy videos. Anymore advise?

is your network from a dongle, broadband or dail up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:22am On Apr 28, 2011
broadband
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:38am On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

broadband

what type of videos are you playing ? youtube or flash one page adverts

if youtube do you give it time stream before you play
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:43am On Apr 28, 2011
Youtube and other videos from different sites. Its all videos in general. Since youtube asked me to download flash thats when I started noticing problems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:36am On Apr 28, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

is your network from a dongle, broadband or dail up

Applause

kandiikane:

Youtube and other videos from different sites. Its all videos in general. Since youtube asked me to download flash thats when I started noticing problems

Generally when youtube freeze other video will also freeze. try what you did the last time
and make sure no programmes is running when uninstalling flash player.

I take it you're using firefox, internet explorer, opera or safari ?

Try other web browsers internet explorer or safari

Make sure no google chrome or google web acceleration or google desktop

If there's is uninstall it and retry. if no joy

click start run and type in temp highlight everything

click delete. start again type in prefetch click continue

delete all except Ready Boot then restart your laptop

If no joy open youtube video right click settings

remove the tick enable hardware acceleration then test

If no joy after you have tried all of the above, I may offer you

a remote connection support if you agree to it.

A remote connection is when a computer technician
moves your cusror as if he or she is in front of your computer.

This session would verify you've done everything advised so far
by me and my other technical colleagues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2011
Ok guys, my personal fix for resolving lagging videos is ccleaner. It has always worked for me, all you need to do is clear the temp files, cache and use it to scan for issues in the registry and fix it. You'll see an instant improvement!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lannre(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2011
Please I need simple way to remove the Window Genuine Advantage notification on window 7, I have tried the remove wgtray from system32 I cant even find wgtray there, tried the regedit column to delete winlogon , but its not deleting- I need a good and simple way to remove it- my wife mistakenly scan with window defender . Thanks for anticipated and considerate response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
@denzel2009, I have it on my laptop but not on my computer. I did not install it so I do not know where to download.

do you have a link?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

@denzel2009, I have it on my laptop but not on my computer. I did not install it so I do not know where to download.

do you have a link?
Here you go. . .

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2011
Thank yousmiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

Thank yousmiley

You're welcome!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
Sorry denzel, do I click the download button underneath Register revival?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tamunofiri(m): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2011
I am a student of coventry university, UK carrying out a study as part of my thesis on the improvement and acceptance of ICT in Nigeria and its possible impact on the technology hardware market. I would appreciate it if you filled out the online survey below, it won't take more than 4 minutes of your time. Thank you.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/530444/ICT-in-Nigeria-responses
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

Sorry denzel, do I click the download button underneath Register revival?

There's a green button by the top corner on the right - Download latest version. It will say your download will start automatically, if not click this link.

You'll get pop up that goes Run Save and ----- forgotten the last one.

Just click on run, you're good to go from there.

HTH
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2011
Ok I have installed it on my computer.

Will come again if anything smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

Ok I have installed it on my computer.

Will come again if anything smiley

Nice one guys. would it appropriate if one of us provide her with a remote support and
who ever did can feed back the rest of us. That issue is likely to happen again.

She may have google chrome, google desktop or goolge web accelerator installed
or norton or windows is loading update in the background
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
I have google chrome, Explorer and Safari
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2011
deji2009:

Nice one guys. would it appropriate if one of us provide her with a remote support and
who ever did can feed back the rest of us. That issue is likely to happen again.

She may have google chrome, google desktop or goolge web accelerator installed
or norton or windows is loading update in the background

True Deji, I have seen PCs with all the variations of toolbars in the last few days. People also feel protected using Norton, McAfee et al not knowing that these are resource hogging applications worse than trojans and malwares they are meant to guide against.

If she is comfortable with remote access, I could help her see what processes are running on the system that are not desirable.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2011
Denzel2009, I am right here you know.

But I would appreciate it if you can help me with my computer issues.

Do you mean remote access by getting in my PC through yours?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

Denzel2009, I am right here you know.

But I would appreciate it if you can help me with my computer issues.

Do you mean remote access by getting in my PC through yours?

Lol, I know you are here.

Yep, I'll be able to see your desktop from mine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2011
Hacking? Really. Do you teach in that subject. I want to learn, I have been googling and learning few things off youtube.

Stay out of my Pc smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2011
kandiikane:

Hacking? Really. Do you teach in that subject. I want to learn, I have been googling and learning few things off youtube.

Stay out of my Pc smiley

Yay n00b alert!!!

It's not hacking, it is called remote desktop access to help troubleshoot computer problems by tech guys when they can't get the n00b at the other end to do some tasks.

The beauty of it is that you'd be in control cos you will have to grant access password that is generated automatically by the remote access tool each and every time you need help.

So, nobody can access your computer behind your back.

Hacking is a different ball game, not for the faint hearted.  wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.