Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263455 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 1:59am On May 05, 2011
oh alright.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guddy(m): 9:24am On May 05, 2011
How hot is a laptop surpose 2 be 4 u 2 say it is hot? Hot enuf 2 b felt on d laps or feeling it wit d back of ur palm?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obraye: 12:04pm On May 05, 2011
hello, please i need u assistance. I have a hp deskjet D2663 which was working properly until a paper jam occured.The paper has been removed and the printer won't print again because it is showing 'the computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device'. At the same time all the lights on the product are blinking at the same time.Please what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2011
obraye:

hello, please i need u assistance. I have a hp deskjet D2663 which was working properly until a paper jam occured.The paper has been removed and the printer won't print again because it is showing 'the computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device'. At the same time all the lights on the product are blinking at the same time.Please what should i do?

Ensure printer is directly connected to computer USB port and not

through a USB Hub adaptor. Connect printer directly only but not

any other means just directly to the computer

Also make sure printer is connected to the wall and not
through extension or power surge connector

If you installed a refilled cartridge, a remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge
that was used in another product, this may also cause the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obraye: 2:57pm On May 05, 2011
the ink was a refill one.I have changed it but still experiencing the same problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2011
got to be a paid for genuine ink and in original packaging. You did not mentioned if printer is directly connected to PC. Is this XP OR Vista. Double click the Hp printer icon and click on utility.I am 60% sure the ink is not original. How many LED light and what color are they ? Last resort is to take over your computer remotely in realtime.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obraye: 5:04pm On May 05, 2011
the printer is connected directly and my o.s is xp. the lights on the printer that is blinking are green,orange and the catridge lights.All the lights blinking at the same time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:16pm On May 05, 2011
Do the followings as the printer may be assigned the wrong ports such as COM1 OR COM2

Click start, settings, printers and faxes. Right-click the printer and select Properties. Click the Ports tab.
Check mark the "Enable Bidirectional Support option if thats not available look Under print to following ports option,
check the USB BOX or just make sure the little box are not faded and USB port is selected
apply and ok then turn off printer back on again then try priting
Click OK.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obraye: 6:20pm On May 05, 2011
I have checked and every thing is in order.I try putting the printer on but the result is the same.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:33pm On May 05, 2011
do you have msn or yahoo messenger ? If you do sign in now and provide your emai ad so i can add you ASAP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dastudent(m): 7:24pm On May 05, 2011
deji2009:

do you have msn or yahoo messenger ? If you do sign in now and provide your emai ad so i can add you ASAP
`Do you know anything about mac osx?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:11am On May 06, 2011
obraye:

I have checked and every thing is in order.I try putting the printer on but the result is the same.

sometimes taking it off from power clears any errors in its memory

so take it off from power for about a minute or so then put it back on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olubambimi: 6:41am On May 06, 2011
Pls everone, i have an hp destop dat has refused to login into the various users. Wen it boots and it goes to the window where i have to loginto the diff user, it wld do like its login in but aimmediately it wld show 'saving your personal setting', nd it would alog out. Is it a software problem or what??.
Pls help me, its been like this for 1 month now.
Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by febbymi: 1:10pm On May 06, 2011
Hi House,
my laptop started showing the message "this copy of windows is not genuine" each time i power it, pls how do i rectify this. Tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:33pm On May 06, 2011
febbymi:

Hi House,
my laptop started showing the message "this copy of windows is not genuine" each time i power it, pls how do i rectify this. Tanx

To solve this problem click the link in the message to validate your copy of windows
and follow the advice given after validation or www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate

It is against our professions to advice on how to bypass microsoft securities.
We follow best practices and would advice to install genuine windows by paying for it.

Go to the service technician/repair centre/PC repair sole trader and explain and he/she would
install windows. for example, is like a doctor giving fake drugs am sure you
would go to the correct doctors and not road side ones/boys.

Do it right pay for the windows cd/dvd software and install it yourself or to to a
computer technician.  This is my validation result-picture below

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2011
olubambimi:

Pls everone, i have an hp destop dat has refused to login into the various users. Wen it boots and it goes to the window where i have to loginto the diff user, it wld do like its login in but aimmediately it wld show 'saving your personal setting', nd it would alog out. Is it a software problem or what??.
Pls help me, its been like this for 1 month now.
Thank you.

If this issue started recently we can revert the system to when it was ok.

Turn off PC back on again and keep pressing F8 until you see a advance option

go for safe mode and see if you can log in. icons will be big that's normal.

click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and system restore

click a date, for example 3-5 days ago before the problem started and click ok
follow screen instructions to restart the workstation don't press F8 this time
around let to go through to windows log in page
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 06, 2011
deji2009:

If this issue started recently we can revert the system to when it was ok.

Turn off PC back on again and keep pressing F8 until you see a advance option

go for safe mode and see if you can log in. icons will be big that's normal.

click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and system restore

click a date, for example 3-5 days ago before the problem started and click ok
follow screen instructions to restart the workstation don't press F8 this time
around let to go through to windows log in page

will this method work if i want to remove windows anti-spyware update i installed.i tried just plain restore but it didn't work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:14am On May 07, 2011
careytommy:

will this method work if i want to remove windows anti-spyware update i installed.i tried just plain restore but it didn't work

Take it to a computer technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Syed2011: 7:44am On May 07, 2011
My PC is not detecting the USB drives ?, what can be the problem ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2011
Syed2011:

My PC is not detecting the USB drives ?, what can be the problem ?

have you checked if usb drivers are installed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JBM: 6:57pm On May 07, 2011
Hi, my laptop fell down and all of a sudden it does not recognize battery again. The battery icon is just crossed and it now works like a desktop with out a ups. plsis it repairable or what can I do. It is the good rugged HP530
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:14pm On May 07, 2011
JBM:

Hi, my laptop fell down and all of a sudden it does not recognize battery again. The battery icon is just crossed and it now works like a desktop with out a ups. plsis it repairable or what can I do. It is the good rugged HP530

Insert battery/make sure is seated properly

for example the battery catch/slide click in

properly and make sure battery not popping

out of the laptop. click start all programmes

HP folder or HP support assistance
and look for Hp battery health check

If not available follow hp link
to download award winning battery utilty check

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Scrol down the page to download it

Or else go to a computer technician for repair they are there
just like a doctor to get you up and running
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JBM: 9:10pm On May 07, 2011
deji2009:

Insert battery/make sure is seated properly

for example the battery catch/slide click in

properly and make sure battery not popping

out of the laptop. click start all programmes

HP folder or HP support assistance
and look for Hp battery health check

If not available follow hp link
to download award winning battery utilty check

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Scrol down the page to download it

Or else go to a computer technician for repair they are there
just like a doctor to get you up and running

Thank you very much. I have done that and several other things. All it is saying is that no batery is inserted whereas an almost new battery is there. I guess I will have to take it to an Engineer to fix it.
Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 7:29pm On May 08, 2011
My charger won't charge my battery but does power the laptop, is the charger dead or what?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2011
honeric01:

My charger won't charge my battery but does power the laptop, is the charger dead or what?

if it powers up then your battery is dead ?

do this take off the battery and hook pc to charger if it turns on then you need a new battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2011
Nah, my 2 batteries can't be dead at the same time, it's the charger, i replaced the charger, my batteries are now charging.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dozita(m): 4:36pm On May 10, 2011
Help! My laptop freezes once i plug the charger in. Everything just hangs including the keyboard and touchpad. Whenever its charging and i plug it in,it tries to come on and freezes before showing anything on the screen. In other words, i cant use my laptop and charge it at the same time so i'm stuck to using it till it discharges and then charging before using it again. Its a toshiba satellite, 2G ram, 120G HDD, windows vista. Abeg any help would be seriously appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 9:38pm On May 10, 2011
JBM:

Thank you very much. I have done that and several other things. All it is saying is that no batery is inserted whereas an almost new battery is there. I guess I will have to take it to an Engineer to fix it.
Cheers
sounds to me like a connector either on the laptop or the battery broke when you dropped the computer. have someone look at it pray its a connector from the battery that broke!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 9:41pm On May 10, 2011
Dozita:

Help! My laptop freezes once i plug the charger in. Everything just hangs including the keyboard and touchpad. Whenever its charging and i plug it in,it tries to come on and freezes before showing anything on the screen. In other words, i cant use my laptop and charge it at the same time so i'm stuck to using it till it discharges and then charging before using it again. Its a toshiba satellite, 2G ram, 120G HDD, windows vista. Abeg any help would be seriously appreciated.
this one is very odd well first question: are you sure the charger you are using actually is for your laptop? because could be that the laptop charger is a similar one to the actual model of the charger your laptop needs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:35pm On May 10, 2011
Dozita:

@omega25red.

I agree with him

Toshiba are known for known issues such as battery etc,

models like A30 to A50 range etc. what model is your

laptop. for example toshiba P300

May need A BIOS Update to correct the issue

Replay back with exact model of your computer
so it can be cross check on toshiba website
if there's any update or not.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2011
Dozita:

check your battery my backup acer aspire 1640 with xp OS does that, the battery is gone if i plug in the charger while the battery is hooked to the laptop it freezes now i take off the battery and plug the charger it doesnt freeze
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by babestella: 9:56am On May 11, 2011
Good morning house,

This is a property fraud alert.

Some criminals are going around dupping unsuspecting tenants/clients who are desperately looking for houses to rent and live in.

Recently, a close relation of mine have fallen victim twice now to some dudes who say they are developers and have houses to let.

As we speak now, my relative have lost over 500,000 naira to these fraudsters who parrade themselves are developer/estate agents.

I also want to bring to the notice of the general public about a block of 4 flats on Adebisi Omotola street (it is painted Brown, with being color roof) and another block of 6 flats adjacent to the block of 4 flats (not yet painted). These building have been in uncompleted stage for several years and they are being used by property fraudsters to dupe innocent Nigerians of their hard earned money, so please beware and I advise that you forward this information to your friends and loved one so that they don't fall victim, because if they do, it indirectly concerns you.

FYI Adebisi Omotola street, is located behind the Isolo local government office.

I will be posting the pictures soon.

TIPS;

1. Pease if you are looking for an apartment anywhere, please before you pay, make sure that the apartment is already 100% completed.

2. If you are asked to pay and wait for a week for completion, please don't pay. Once you pay money demand for keys to the apartment and move in your personal effects of not much value first and lock the apartment. If possible change the keys too.

3. Do not part with your money if the agent of landlord is not willing to give you keys upon payment.

4. Avoid houses that have not been painted, or houses that does not have some basic fittings like toilet seats, Doors, bathtubs, shower, soak-away facilities etc. these are excuses they apply so as to convince their victims, and they tell you once you pay those minor things will be completed.

Please beware, and pass this message on, lets spread this information so that people don't lose their money.

God Bless you all and God bless our country Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.