Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269384 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 2:05am On Feb 25, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

why did you copy them to somewhere when you had them printed ?

scracth head o

you go on holiday, take pictures
get them printed at the the photo shop
send memory card to few holidayer to download
memory card not reading
insert memory card into a camera
camera says card not formatted

why did i copy the pictures to somewhere? undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razmuhy: 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2012
Hi Nlders,
Please I really need ur help on this;

I just bought a brand nu HP Mini, 320gg with 2gig ram from Ikeja today. I'm currently xperiencing below challenges;
* the system could not recognise any xternal drive I plug into it, and i need to perform a system backup to an xternal storage hdd
* it comes with Windows 7 starter edition which is very limited in functionalties;.how can I upgrade to ultimate or professional. this is the issues have identified so far.
please ur advise is highly anticipated and will be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:18am On Feb 26, 2012
Dis Guy:

scracth head o

you go on holiday, take pictures
get them printed at the the photo shop
send memory card to few holidayer to download
memory card not reading
insert memory card into a camera
camera says card not formatted

why did i copy the pictures to somewhere? undecided
it seems like one of the people you sent that card to corrupted it. Honestly I really haven't found a good recovery software that does what it says so if I were you I would just scan the photos format the memo card and move on with life
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:23am On Feb 26, 2012
Razmuhy:

Hi Nlders,
Please I really need ur help on this;

I just bought a brand nu HP Mini, 320gg with 2gig ram from Ikeja today. I'm currently xperiencing below challenges;
* the system could not recognise any xternal drive I plug into it, and i need to perform a system backup to an xternal storage hdd
* it comes with Windows 7 starter edition which is very limited in functionalties;.how can I upgrade to ultimate or professional. this is the issues have identified so far.
please ur advise is highly anticipated and will be appreciated.
why not take it back to where you purchased it so they can either fix it or give you a new machine? I mean you just bought it yesterday you should still have so type of warranty on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
Guys,please i need your help.My system can't access a flash,no information is displayed anytime a flash is inserted except icons that contain no document. What do you think is wrong and what can i do?i have tried scanning my system with anti virus but nothing was detected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
vickipad:

Guys,please i need your help.My system can't access a flash,no information is displayed anytime a flash is inserted except icons that contain no document. What do you think is wrong and what can i do?i have tried scanning my system with anti virus but nothing was detected.

very simple test try it on a different pc and let us know what happened
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Frank8989(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
Pls my internet explorer can't connect to d internet pls what shouldi do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
Frank8989:

Pls my internet explorer can't connect to d internet pls what shouldi do?
i guess this is a dumb question but do you have internet service?
have you tried firefox or google chrome? When was the last time it worked

What operating system do you use e.g windows 7 32 bits or 64 bits?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Frank8989(m): 1:37am On Feb 28, 2012
Yes i am connected 2 d internet.i am using window vista. Y i need my internet explorer 2 work is that i need 2 activity my antivirus.if it does not i would not be able 2 activity my antivirus. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 28, 2012
@ZIM DRILL. Data are always contained in those flash before insertion but on being removed,those data are deleted & replaced with 'empty' icons. Please,what can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
vickipad:

@ZIM DRILL. Data are always contained in those flash before insertion but on being removed,those data are deleted & replaced with 'empty' icons. Please,what can i do?

which empty icon are you talking about ? i dont know an empty icon

how you remove the drive from a pc do you just pull it out or you eject it via the notification bar ?

and have your tried it on different computers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
Frank8989:

Yes i am connected 2 d internet.i am using window vista. Y i need my internet explorer 2 work is that i need 2 activity my antivirus.if it does not i would not be able 2 activity my antivirus. Thanks
use another computer to download mozilla firefox or google chrome and install it on your computer. that way you uninstall the internet explorer on your computer and reinstall it. Or you can check to see if your browser (explorer) has been set to using a proxy when it doesn't need one or if it needs one you can find the right info for the proxy. there are so many ways it can malfunction, but an easy fix could be to have a different browser like firefox and then you can uninstall and reinstall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
omega25red:

use another computer to download mozilla firefox or google chrome and install it on your computer. that way you uninstall the internet explorer on your computer and reinstall it. Or you can check to see if your browser (explorer) has been set to using a proxy when it doesn't need one or if it needs one you can find the right info for the proxy. there are so many ways it can malfunction, but an easy fix could be to have a different browser like firefox and then you can uninstall and reinstall

Or it could be winSock problem. Download this fix http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/WinSockFix-Download-15337.html

You can use another pc to download and save it on a flash drive. It would resolve the tcp/ip issues.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jollyluv(f): 9:24am On Feb 29, 2012
I need help on Microsoft outlook. I wanted to share my calendar on a network for another colleague and failed to do that. i followed all the steps but just couldn't. we both are using 2010 version. help pls!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 9:13pm On Feb 29, 2012
jollyluv:

I need help on Microsoft outlook. I wanted to share my calendar on a network for another colleague and failed to do that. i followed all the steps but just couldn't. we both are using 2010 version. help pls!!

it is probably a permissions issue
go to calendar on outlook - right click on the calendar you want to share - click properties - click permissions tab - click the add button - Add the person's name as it shows on your network - give em either full control or add the permissions you want to give them. click ok

right at the bottom of the lists of calendars there is "share my calendar" written probably in blue fonts - click on that and an email looking window should open up, put the person's email address in there (network email) make sure "allow recipient to view your calendar" is checked then hit send.

When that person gets the notification they should be able to see your calendar
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doctokwus: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
Pls I have dis problm with my HP laptop:it doesn't play any disc,CD,DVD,CDrom.This has bn going for sometime& I out of frustration stopped using it because can't play any disc on it& download am not able to install programmes on a disc on it.I need help soon as possible bc its quite a very gud lappy save for dis problm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oja(m): 1:21am On Mar 03, 2012
I am looking for office 2010 to install on my laptop. Grateful if anyone can help out. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by misteri: 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
Someone help me pls. I want to do recovery on my toshiba satelite L7555 but dont know how to do it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cardoso111(m): 4:03am On Mar 04, 2012
What specification of power pack do I need to power my laoptop HP Compaq 6735s pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
doctokwus:

Pls I have dis problm with my HP laptop:it doesn't play any disc,CD,DVD,CDrom.This has bn going for sometime& I out of frustration stopped using it because can't play any disc on it& download am not able to install programmes on a disc on it.I need help soon as possible bc its quite a very gud lappy save for dis problm

Does it play dvd ?

Windows xp or Vista ?

Click start, computer or my computer can
you see the cd/dvd drive listed ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 05, 2012
cardoso111:

What specification of power pack do I need to power my laoptop HP Compaq 6735s pls?
Do you mean charger? I think most HP Compaq chargers are the same.

The image below is for your spec.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Knight1(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2012
HELLO ALL.

MY SYSTEM IS NOT UPDATING ABEG, AND NONE OF THE MICROSOFT OFFICE PROGRAMS IS WORKING. I'VE CHECKED MICROSOFT FIX IT TO NO AVAIL. PLS HELP!!!

WINDOWS 7, WITH OFFICE 2007 PLS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jomiliny(m): 10:46am On Mar 05, 2012
My windows crashed and i need to copy out important files out of my system pls how will i go about it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
Knight1:

HELLO ALL.

MY SYSTEM IS NOT UPDATING ABEG, AND NONE OF THE MICROSOFT OFFICE PROGRAMS IS WORKING. I'VE CHECKED MICROSOFT FIX IT TO NO AVAIL. PLS HELP!!!

WINDOWS 7, WITH OFFICE 2007 PLS.
try starting your computer in safe mode to see if things work in safe mode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
Jomiliny:

My windows crashed and i need to copy out important files out of my system pls how will i go about it?
when you say crashed, what do you mean? is it booting, do you get blue screen etc

if you have a desktop, you can remove the hard drive and put in in another desktops second connector to move your files
if you have a laptop you can buy a universal hard drive adapter and use it to connect the hard drive to another computer and move your files
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doctokwus: 9:13am On Mar 06, 2012
deji2009:

Does it play dvd ?

Windows xp or Vista ?

Click start, computer or my computer can
you see the cd/dvd drive listed ?

Tanx 4 ur response.Wen I ddnt c any response to my problm 1st day& nxt,ddnt open d segment again;jst saw it,dats y my delayed reply.
-No it dosnt play Dvd or cd
-Windows xp
-dvd-ram drive D;cd drive E
Hope to get ur hep soon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Knight1(m): 9:14am On Mar 06, 2012
omega25red:

try starting your computer in safe mode to see if things work in safe mode.
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
SAFE MODE IS LOADING BUT I CAN'T TURN ON SYSTEM RESTORE/ THERE IS NO "SYSTEM PROTECTION" ON THE LEFT PANE OF THE SYSTEM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
doctokwus:

Tanx 4 ur response.Wen I ddnt c any response to my problm 1st day& nxt,ddnt open d segment again;jst saw it,dats y my delayed reply.
-No it dosnt play Dvd or cd
-Windows xp
-dvd-ram drive D;cd drive E
Hope to get ur hep soon

click start, my computer, view system information

device manager and click the + next to cd/dvd drive and
tell what it says underneath.

if you see something there right click on it and uninstall restart your
computer then wait for found new hardware message to come up.

If there's nothing underneath the+ sign then lets us know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2012
Knight1:

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
SAFE MODE IS LOADING BUT I CAN'T TURN ON SYSTEM RESTORE/ THERE IS NO "SYSTEM PROTECTION" ON THE LEFT PANE OF THE SYSTEM

click start, run and type rstrui then press enter
if unsure how to find run
get back to us

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.