Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1334611 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lisa04(f): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2013
@wolebaba,tried it buh it dint work. Pls wat next?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
lisa04: @wolebaba,tried it buh it dint work. Pls wat next?

Any led light
without battery
inside just the
charger connected
to source and to the
laptop. any power
going to the laptop now ?

what's the laptop
make and model number pls

connect the charger to source
and make sure is switched on
the wall and connect to laptop

Any Led light on the laptop ?

2nd try again remove the battery
and charger and hold down as in
the laptop power button press it
down really hard for 30 seconds and
connect battery if no Nepa light then
try it again. if there's nepa light just
the charger instead and try power on again

Have you in the past charge the laptop
with a generator or low current ?
generator contributes to
gadgets malfunctioning in Nigeria

if no joy take it to a shop for physical examination
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
lisa04: Pls I nid help. My laptop hs refused 2 come on after I used it sm days ago. Dunnoo wat cld be d problem. I even tried anoda charger 2 knw if mine is faulty,but it still wldnt come on.

Seems most peeps are having almost the same problem.

Lets narrow it down.

Due to harmattan haze and dust particles parking up on the motherboard I would say you check your ram and ram slots, clean them and you are good to go or else then something else is actually wrong which I can't help but check physically (i.e. Vga) which means you have to see an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
lisa04: Pls I nid help. My laptop hs refused 2 come on after I used it sm days ago. Dunnoo wat cld be d problem. I even tried anoda charger 2 knw if mine is faulty,but it still wldnt come on.
since u av been instructed to carry out some troubleshooting & no RESULT.........For a quick and lasting solution Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENRT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Mobile: 07082998588,08133018196
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bjayjay: @ gurus in the house, I am using a hp 620 laptop, I recently got a universal modem called icon 225 upon using it for some minutes like 10 to 15 minutes it gets hot and the network is switched off upon which I'll remove and allow to cool down, then d process repeats itself upon connecting to the laptop. To my surprise I connected the same modem to my sis laptop and it's working fine so what could be the problem of it not working effectively on my laptop. Thanks
Ur system could be virus infected.. Tht could be d reason due to similar issues av seen For a lasting solution Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bjayjay: 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
deji2009:

does the connection drops everytime ?

I cant seems to get what you meant
. @deji2009 that what happens only work for some minutes once it is hot the network drops. But when it cools it'll start working again and then network drops once its hot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bjayjay: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
adetwin:
Ur system could be virus infected.. Tht could be d reason due to similar issues av seen For a lasting solution Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT.
it can't be cos I use updated avast antivirus and I always try to avoid indiscriminate use of flash drives on ma system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bjayjay: it can't be cos I use updated avast antivirus and I always try to avoid indiscriminate use of flash drives on ma system

What is the laptop type and model of your sister. How old is your 620?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
wolebaba:

VIRUS.....plain and simple!!! Get and install a good antivirus. Restore your PC to a good point, and install an antivirus to clean up your device.

am running avast free anti virus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
purplekayc: am running avast free anti virus

The one that make a sound of a siren and say "caution a virus has been detected"?
If dats what U have plz don't depend upon it. The best bet against virus is caution on the part of the users.

-ensure u don't use external storage media indiscriminately on yo PC.
-apply every OS update available.
-be careful not to access any computer U are not sure of on the network, and don't allow access to your PC over the network unless U are sure of the remote PC.
-install a GOOD antivirus. This is meant to protect U wen options above are bridged.

So bro your free avast may not be sufficient without precaution. There is a reason Avast have the paid version of their software.

Simply follow my earlier advice and don't forget to treat your device with respect.

Chiao!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dikimo: 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
GET A BRAND NEW IPAD2 @ 25K. CALL 08035672693
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rufychuks: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
i realized that after waiting for about two hours and the pc enters screensaver mode, the keyboard starts to work perfectly again. but after a restart of the pc the same thing repeats itself! my laptop is toshiba equium A100-147, model no PSAABE-00800EAV, windows vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:00am On Jan 08, 2013
Bjayjay: . @deji2009 that what happens only work for some minutes once it is hot the network drops. But when it cools it'll start working again and then network drops once its hot.

connect the usb modem

Press the Windows key and R key simultaneously. A Run box appears.

Type Devmgmt.msc, then press Enter. This loads the Device Manager.

Double-click on Universal Serial Bus controllers

Double-click on USB Root Hub.
You may have more than one USB Root
Hub listed in the Device Manager.
Double-click on any one of the USB Root Hubs.

Click on the Power Management tab.

Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer
to turn off this device to save power.

repeat this steps for everything underneath
universal serial bus controllers. some may not
have power management as option don't bother with them
just the one with power management and remove the tick

Push the OK button and close the Device Manager.

Continue using the modem as you would normally do and
and take note of any changes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:07am On Jan 08, 2013
rufychuks: i realized that after waiting for about two hours and the pc enters screensaver mode, the keyboard starts to work perfectly again. but after a restart of the pc the same thing repeats itself! my laptop is toshiba equium A100-147, model no PSAABE-00800EAV, windows vista

Is the keyboard working or not ?

are you having a problem with screen
saver ? what actually is the problem ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bjayjay: 6:12am On Jan 08, 2013
deji2009:

connect the usb modem

Press the Windows key and R key simultaneously. A Run box appears.

Type Devmgmt.msc, then press Enter. This loads the Device Manager.

Double-click on Universal Serial Bus controllers

Double-click on USB Root Hub.
You may have more than one USB Root
Hub listed in the Device Manager.
Double-click on any one of the USB Root Hubs.

Click on the Power Management tab.

Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer
to turn off this device to save power.

repeat this steps for everything underneath
universal serial bus controllers. some may not
have power management as option don't bother with them
just the one with power management and remove the tick

Push the OK button and close the Device Manager.

Continue using the modem as you would normally do and
and take note of any changes.
Thanks man will try it. Appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bjayjay: 6:21am On Jan 08, 2013
wolebaba:

What is the laptop type and model of your sister. How old is your 620?
Bought the laptop new in april 2011 been using it since then. My sister is using compaq I think 320gb with 2g ram but can't remember the other specification
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 6:59am On Jan 08, 2013
Pls help there is no sound on my laptop hw can i download sound,am using dell laptop with window xp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abhijith: 10:39am On Jan 08, 2013
I have a dell lap i5 inspiron it gets heated a lot and it is very slow to?? angry
what might b the reason
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rufychuks: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=deji2009]

Is the keyboard working or not ?

are you having a problem with screen
saver ? what actually is the problem ?
my keyboard doesnt work when it reaches the area where i have to put in my password. i bought an external keyboard but it didnt work. i later realized that if i allowed it stay for a long duration of time, it enters screensaver mode and the keyboard starts to work without hitches! why is this so?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=rufychuks][/quote]

could be anything.you're better taking it to a shop for physical examination
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
abhijith: I have a dell lap i5 inspiron it gets heated a lot and it is very slow to?? angry
what might b the reason

how old is the laptop ?

has it been for a health-check ?

click start , my computer or computer
what the ram memory 2gb or 3gb
windows vista or 7

laptop get hot because thermal paste is
low or the air vent is dusty/debris
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
Slatemsk: Pls help there is no sound on my laptop hw can i download sound,am using dell laptop with window xp

visit dell website and make sure you search
for your laptop model number.installing incorrect
drivers can cause problems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
Tanks,i will do dat now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=rufychuks][/quote]

You will need to reinstall the keyboard driver. Download keyboard driver from the manufacturer's website. If this doesn't solve it then you may need to take it to a tachie for further examination.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
lisa04: @wolebaba,tried it buh it dint work. Pls wat next?

U need to see a PC techie....kindly state wat part of Lag U are so I can see if it falls in an area where any of my recommend techie can easily reached. Better still if you are closer to comp villa take it there, but be careful oooo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sammyproduction(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2013
please Guyz i put my mtn sim into dell inspiron mini 1012 internal modem slot and it says the sim in locked
how can i unlock it? post details to my email samuelgaladima@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 09, 2013
Plz my ppl, I have a challenge.
I have hp 6000 pro sff dt is having windows issue.
On booting, It prompts d error message, dt a windows file is missing and dt I shld repair.
I've tried using d two types of repair on win xp bootable cd ( chkdsk repair and the full repair) but it seems the pc was built nt to accept this kind of repair.
I have also used the os dt came wit it, put d os, it asks for the restore cd, put the restore cd, it confirms is geniune , put back d os and repair, but all to no avail.

Each time I have d issue, I back up and format. Bt this reinstallation takes my time as I have a lot of other applications to install and configure.

I feel someone in this forum shld have a solution to this repair issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2013
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY GURUS
virus converts files in my flash drive into .exe command and they cant work again,how can i take out this virus and repair my flash,which antivirus should i go for
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2013
My lappy emits hot air,my guess fan is not working,am i true and what should i do compaq pressario cq42
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
Emzybrown: My lappy emits hot air,my guess fan is not working,am i true and what should i do compaq pressario cq42

U get it fixed... Ur location 1st? Lets see how we can come over Contact Adetwin IT Concept ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Mobile: 07082998586,08133018196
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
adetwin:

U get it fixed... Ur location 1st? Lets see how we can come over Contact Adetwin IT Concept ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Mobile: 07082998586,08133018196
am at owerri,pls virus converts my file in mmc and flash drive into .exe and they wont work again,free avast cant detect them pls help bro,wat should i do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (1233) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Arthaus(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.