Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,367 members, 7,826,443 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273418 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Wat if i format d laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
Bayo igbekele: Wat if i format d laptop?

That is the best bet to get rid of Virus. Next time ensure you are more careful with how you handle your device. And put antiVirus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
sleeknick: please i need ur help urgently. the programmes in my p.c are stopping. when i try to open any of my installed programmes, it shows that the programme has stopped working. am so confused. pls what could be the problem? i've even tried formatting it but the problem still remains thesame.
pls ur reply is urgently needed. thanks in anticipation.

Do you have an antivirus installed? Plz install one if 'no'.

Did you say that it persists even after format?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by annaonweb: 7:46am On Jan 03, 2013
blue screen and dumb !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okwizzy(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hello NL, I ve got a Toshiba A35 laptop wit 1gb RAM... Actually I ve a problem wit d o,p, m keys but wen I took it to an engineer to remove d cmos b3 for me so I cn unlock d BIOSS password, I noticed dt d above keys re now working fine, bt d e,d,c,3 keys aint workin anymore, I ve an external keyboard dt works very fine bt I dnt lyk to use it... Pls can dese keys be repaired or do I ve to replace d whole keypad membrane? Pls suggestions pls, nd I wud also lyk to knw how much I cn get a 1GB ram for.. Thnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stephenponti(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
deji2009:

Are you using mtn, glo or etislat or do you have a wireless router
Laptop make and model number please. have you install the wireless drivers for the computr

I use USB modern Airtel to connect to Internet, and then turns on and sets up the wifi on the system to broadcast the network. It worked perfectly while i was on window vista, the problem set in when i upgraded to window7 it broadcasts the the wireless to other devices but no Internet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kachionubogu: 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
I downloaded window7 ultimate..Some days later i saw notification about that window is not genuine I have not the serial key of window can you solve that problem how i can make my window genuine.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
kachi onubogu: I downloaded window7 ultimate..Some days later i saw notification about that window is not genuine I have not the serial key of window can you solve that problem how i can make my window genuine.
Thanks

Buy a genuine windows 7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olempe(m): 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hi gurus, my computer refuse to booth.

The problem started when my battery got spoit and it. Will just shut down willi nilly even when I still have like 45% battery remaining.

The problem now is it refuses to booth, when I switch it on, it shows ''startup repaire is checking your system for problems''

After some minutes, it'll show ''attempting repairs'' then it"ll go to recovery manager. Whenever I try to restore it to an earlier date, it'll reject it at a point and show error. Though this particular problem stated today. Pls I deeply need ur help as I'm loaded now that I Can't afford ro take it to an engineer.

The laptop is HP630, and I just bought it brand new in February 2012
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
Okwizzy: Hello NL, I ve got a Toshiba A35 laptop wit 1gb RAM... Actually I ve a problem wit d o,p, m keys but wen I took it to an engineer to remove d cmos b3 for me so I cn unlock d BIOSS password, I noticed dt d above keys re now working fine, bt d e,d,c,3 keys aint workin anymore, I ve an external keyboard dt works very fine bt I dnt lyk to use it... Pls can dese keys be repaired or do I ve to replace d whole keypad membrane? Pls suggestions pls, nd I wud also lyk to knw how much I cn get a 1GB ram for.. Thnx

"bt d e,d,c,3 keys aint workin anymore"

How is it not working. e.g, not responding,
feel lose or the clips is coming off.
If that'e the case take it a near computer
shop and also enquire about the RAM

On this forum look for adetwin give them a
call they may be of help. im not a nigeria
so wouldnt know where you can take it to
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
olempe: Hi gurus, my computer refuse to booth.

The problem started when my battery got spoit and it. Will just shut down willi nilly even when I still have like 45% battery remaining.

The problem now is it refuses to booth, when I switch it on, it shows ''startup repaire is checking your system for problems''

After some minutes, it'll show ''attempting repairs'' then it"ll go to recovery manager. Whenever I try to restore it to an earlier date, it'll reject it at a point and show error. Though this particular problem stated today. Pls I deeply need ur help as I'm loaded now that I Can't afford ro take it to an engineer.

if you have not replace the battery

run a hp battery check. use google to find out how
to it on your laptop. make sure charger is connected

What's the system restore error message ?
look below it, y[b]ou'd see show system restore
point older than five days and try selecting
other date[/b]. I'd take it the laptop is not
a dual boot O/S as no other OS apart from
vista or windows 7. restart laptop
keep pressing f10 for bios and ru[/b]n

d[b]iagnostics >hard drive test long test please
dont run the short one

do you have a recovery dvd ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
Sky-walker:

Buy a genuine windows 7.

Yes ! @poster we cannot fix it.
you need to buy one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
Bayo igbekele: Wat if i format d laptop?

what's the problem pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
olempe: Hi gurus, my computer refuse to booth.

If am to repair ur laptop .... I will copy out ur information and reload d laptop then ur laptop will come back to good condition
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
kachi onubogu: I downloaded window7 ultimate..Some days later i saw notification about that window is not genuine I have not the serial key of window can you solve that problem how i can make my window genuine.
Thanks
I will say for original OS .....Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Mobile: 07082998588,08133018196
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
Okwizzy: Hello NL, I ve got a Toshiba A35 laptop wit 1gb RAM... Actually I ve a problem wit d o,p, m keys but wen I took it to an engineer to remove d cmos b3 for me so I cn unlock d BIOSS password, I noticed dt d above keys re now working fine, bt d e,d,c,3 keys aint workin anymore, I ve an external keyboard dt works very fine bt I dnt lyk to use it... Pls can dese keys be repaired or do I ve to replace d whole keypad membrane? Pls suggestions pls, nd I wud also lyk to knw how much I cn get a 1GB ram for.. Thnx
Mine opinion is d keypad will b change & for d RAM 3700 now depends on type of RAM it is ...... Contact adetwin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 04, 2013
Pls, how do I go about downloading an antivirus 4 my laptop? the ones I've tried to download ended up failing.
Better still, can I collect an already installed antivirus frm another laptop?? How do I GO ABT IT?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olempe(m): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2013
deji2009:

if you have not replace the battery

run a hp battery check. use google to find out how
to it on your laptop. make sure charger is connected

What's the system restore error message ?
look below it, y[b]ou'd see show system restore
point older than five days and try selecting
other date[/b]. I'd take it the laptop is not
a dual boot O/S as no other OS apart from
vista or windows 7. restart laptop
keep pressing f10 for bios and ru[/b]n

d[b]iagnostics >hard drive test long test please
dont run the short one

do you have a recovery dvd ?

I already did a battery chect and it confirmed that my battery is bad. The battery is so worse that it dies after about 5mins of power cut, but that's not my major concern for now.

The error it shows in the restore manager is ''the disk (Dsmiley has errors. And when I ''check the disk for errors'' it tells me the ''device or disk was successfully scanned'' yet it goes back to the error again.

I don't have a recovery DVD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by missylizzy(f): 8:13am On Jan 04, 2013
Hi
Pls I formatted my petium 4 desktop computer using windows xp 2005n after formatting the color resolution is low, tried increasing it buh cudnt went to appearance settings and it told me dat the color resolution is "low 4bit", how do I increase cuz there's no indication to increase it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2013
missylizzy: Hi
Pls I formatted my petium 4 desktop computer using windows xp 2005n after formatting the color resolution is low, tried increasing it buh cudnt went to appearance settings and it told me dat the color resolution is "low 4bit", how do I increase cuz there's no indication to increase it. Thanks

click start, all programs, accessories, click run
a box will pop up then type in devmgmt.msc press enter
and you'd see lots of yellow signs. about 2 or 4.

this means you need to install the drivers [/b]e.g.,
video/graphics drivers.[b]visit the PC manufacturer website

to download all relevant drivers.make sure you type in your
PC model number to get the correct drivers. installing
incorrect drivers can cause problems

If you PC have no name like dell ,hp, Packard bell, Phillips etc
you'd need a universal driver CD to install all missing drivers.
you would also need access to the internet if that's the case or
you can visit the internet for drivers, it would auto scan
and ask you to download the drivers. last resort is to take it to
a computer shop. L@@k for for adetwin on this forum. they specializes
in computer repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pavitrabalse07: 9:07am On Jan 04, 2013
my system s operations has become very slow even though i have antivirus and i am updating it regularly..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2013
pavitrabalse07: my system s operations has become very slow even though i have antivirus and i am updating it regularly..

Computer specs pls ?

i.e,example of a description
Dell 755 Win xp 1Gb ram

click start, computer or my computer
what the memory installed ?

is it slow on the internet

or when starting up ?

is it slow generally ?

do you have norton antivirus installed ?

Xp mimimum 512 recommended 1gb

win vista 2gb recommended 4gb

win 7 2gb recommended 4gb

you could download malwarebyte and
use it to scan your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
DEJI, I'M EARNESTLY WAITING 4 YOUR REPLY. I've tried downloading an antivirus 4 ma lappy(compaq, armada e500) but it always fail to download, when i copied one from anoda lappy to my lappy, it wouldn't install but will automatically delete d antivirus. i tried formatting the hard disk, but it wouldn't 4mat?? PLS HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
chindi: DEJI, I'M EARNESTLY WAITING 4 YOUR REPLY. I've tried downloading an antivirus 4 ma lappy(compaq, armada e500) but it always fail to download, when i copied one from anoda lappy to my lappy, it wouldn't install but will automatically delete d antivirus

windows 2000 ? or xp
antivirus type ?

what's the error msg ?

are you download from the internet
or just copying from another laptop ?

xp i take it ?

clcik start, my computerview system information
to your right, what's teh memory ram i think yours shoudl be 128 or 512
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
deji2009:

windows 2000 ? or xp
antivirus type ?

what's the error msg ?

are you download from the internet
or just copying from another laptop ?

xp i take it ?

clcik start, my computerview system information
to your right, what's teh memory ram i think yours should be 128 or 512
I've tried downloading 4rm d internet wit my modem, but after downloading it will show 'failed'. i tried copying 4rm anoda laptop but it won't fully install n wud delete d antivirus. its windows xp nd 128 ram size
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
chindi:
I've tried downloading 4rm d internet wit my modem, but after downloading it will show 'failed'. i tried copying 4rm anoda laptop but it won't fully install n wud delete d antivirus. its windows xp nd 128 ram size

anti virus type ?
i would suggest Microsoft security essential
for this low spec laptop.if you tried powerful antivirus such as
Norton, kerpesky or McAfee you may have problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
deji2009:

anti virus type ?
i would suggest Microsoft security essential
for this low spec laptop.if you tried powerful antivirus such as
Norton, kerpesky or McAfee you may have problems.
i've tried norton, avast, bitdefender, and avira. i used to have avast antivirus, but since i changed my harddisk and formatted d system, it refused to download properly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
chindi:
i've tried norton, avast, bitdefender, and avira. i used to have avast antivirus, but since i changed my harddisk and formatted d system, it refused to download properly

Go to download Microsoft security essential

its works well with win xp and less likely to give you
problems. your laptop is a low spec and if you're running
those antivirus you mentioned you may have problems. Google
Microsoft security essential and install it and make sure you
check your antivirus once or twice a week to see whats happening
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
chindi:
Try malwarebyte in case Security essentials also fails to install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olempe(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
olempe:

I already did a battery chect and it confirmed that my battery is bad. The battery is so worse that it dies after about 5mins of power cut, but that's not my major concern for now.

The error it shows in the restore manager is ''the disk (Dsmiley has errors. And when I ''check the disk for errors'' it tells me the ''device or disk was successfully scanned'' yet it goes back to the error again.

I don't have a recovery DVD.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
olempe:

if you runing recovery by f11
make sure no device attached e.g. mouse
printer, disconnect any thing thats
connectable except the charger
go to bios by pressing f10 on start up and
run diagnostic hard drive test. pass or fail
that what we need. if it gives error message pls
state it

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
chindi: DEJI, I'M EARNESTLY WAITING 4 YOUR REPLY. I've tried downloading an antivirus 4 ma lappy(compaq, armada e500) but it always fail to download, when i copied one from anoda lappy to my lappy, it wouldn't install but will automatically delete d antivirus. i tried formatting the hard disk, but it wouldn't 4mat?? PLS HELP
1stly Ur location lets see how we can come and help for a lasting solution ? ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theyoungmaster(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.