Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274450 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Asabaman(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
pls guys...i formatted my acer 5515 and install windows xp.. the problem is when i tried to drive the vga after downloading it online...i get this message "setup cannot proceed becouse the lenght of the specified directory path plus the installation folder name exceeds 88 character. please shorten one or both below specified limit and try again"..pls what do i do? cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
lanreflo:

Merging partitions can be somewhat tricky as if it isn't done right, you PC might not boot up. Partition Magic should be able to solve the problem for you. if you need help with it in person, we can help FOC
dont know the sftware but i have g- parted ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
pls nairalanders, i have a packard bell laptop which the RAM was pull along with about four(4) string of those iron that conect the ram to the board. Pls can it be repair or will it warant changing of the board.... Pls i need ur reply urgently
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2013
please hellp!!
got this hp pavillion dv6 , tried uninstalling kaspersky antivirus last sunday. it requested to restart the system and i did a forced restart.
now the system refuses to boot into the desktop environment. It always stop after the starting windows screen. Tried safe mode and it stopped at /classpnp/ file. Please what do i do because this is a somebody's system and not mine and he needs this pc like very very soon. Thanks in advance for every anticipated and practical advice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2013
success olujimi: please hellp!!
got this hp pavillion dv6 , tried uninstalling kaspersky antivirus last sunday. it requested to restart the system and i did a forced restart.
now the system refuses to boot into the desktop environment. It always stop after the starting windows screen. Tried safe mode and it stopped at /classpnp/ file. Please what do i do because this is a somebody's system and not mine and he needs this pc like very very soon. Thanks in advance for every anticipated and practical advice.

May be you should get a windows CD (get windows 7 DVD if the syetm is runing windows 7)
then boot into the DVD and try startup repair.
try that if no luck you will have to do a full windows repair
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chrisuche2k2: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2013
in the case of uninstalling an antivirius, you should first scan the system before uninstalling and afteryou should install a new or better one.
1. a likely cause is that your windows is been affected by the virus you didnt scan and remove
2. if you have tried booting form safemode and it fail you should meet a computer engineer for pratical assitance

THANKS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by luvablesam(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Guruz in d house,i av a problem with my dell inspiron 4050.I noticd dat Each tym i use d laptop while chargin it,d cursor always shakes n am hardly able 2 get anytin done. But 1ce i disconnect frm power,it behaves normally. Av used several antivirus n antispyware all 2 no avail. Pls i nid urgent help n advice on how 2 stop dis cos its frustrating. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
luvable sam: Guruz in d house,i av a problem with my dell inspiron 4050.I noticd dat Each tym i use d laptop while chargin it,d cursor always shakes n am hardly able 2 get anytin done. But 1ce i disconnect frm power,it behaves normally. Av used several antivirus n antispyware all 2 no avail. Pls i nid urgent help n advice on how 2 stop dis cos its frustrating. Thanks in anticipation.
the ratings of ur charger is not the recommended one for the laptop..change the charger.check the back of your laptop for the required rating..a charger may be 18.5 v 3.5a and wats required is a 18.5v 4.5a or 19v 3.5a...it may be over-charging or under-charging.
also as a correction,there is no model as inspirion 4050(dont mislead us)...it should be INSPIRION N4050..and the power rating is 19.5v, 4.62a, 90W)
so check the current charger to see if they match..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
success olujimi: please hellp!!
i did a forced restart[/b]in ur own admission.no uninstalling an antivirus especially kaspersky(my expert zone)can cause ur system to be unstable..as the WWE advert say [b]"the moves we do in the ring are performed by professionally trained atheletes,PLS DONT TRY THIS AT HOME"
.meaning,i force restart my system atimes..why?because i sure know when some goes wrong,i have all the knowledge to bring it back to life..unlike u.
the os is corrupt or basically ur startup..u can perform a startup repair as a first aid else ur may have generated bad sectors or as the othe dude advised..repair ur system..i hope its carefully done so u dont lose ur data
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordgatt46(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
can anyone if Asus k53e laptop is gud because im abt to buy one now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Asaba man: pls guys...i formatted my acer 5515 and install windows xp.. the problem is when i tried to drive the vga after downloading it online...i get this message "setup cannot proceed becouse the lenght of the specified directory path plus the installation folder name exceeds 88 character. please shorten one or both below specified limit and try again"..pls what do i do? cry
ifind it hard to resist the urge to answer u,because in this age and time ,your still installing windows xp when u can just go on and install a much lighter win7
Rename the folder where you have it to a shorter name. Or you can download it again and save it with a shorter name on the desktop. Thare are two or three options be they all have to do with creating the source with shorter names.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordgatt46(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
can anyone tell me if Asus k53e laptop is gud because im abt to buy one now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Monoxide: I need a charger for my hp dv6, how do i differentiate between a genuine and fake charger.
its hard to know but if u meet a god fearing technician,he can sell u a "follow come" but u wont get it for 1000 as the chinko one sells
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
mr.mesh:
i really need d url to download a complete windows 8 package with its activation key....
dude why download when im here working for y'all..for the right price,i have windows 8 pro(32bit or 64bit) with kms auto activation .you sure can holla me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
uneeking: Hi Friends, I have a Windows 8 Operating System that came without an activator. Does anyone in the house know how I can go about activating it online or offline? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
call me for activator...find me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
adewasco2k:

Your post was a little bit confusing though (did the guy activated your windows 7 before you when ahead to install windows xp?)

If you install windowx xp on windows 7 and you want them to work concurrently (dual boot)
You will need to install a boot manager to do that.

Download EasyBCD (you can search google, on mobile now will have provided a link))
On the left side of EasyBCD, click on the Add New Entry button.

A) In the top section under Operating Systems, click on the Windows tab.

B) To the right of Type, select Windows NT/2k/XP/2k3 from the drop down menu.
[]WARNING: Be sure to leave the Automatically detect correct drive box checked.

C) To the right of Name, you can leave the default Microsoft Windows XP as the name to be displayed in the Windows Boot Manager, or you can type whatever name you would like to have instead.

D) Click on the Add Entry button.
dude,no disrespect but sharing sensitive info like bcd,i frown against..its not an easy procedure that endusers like the poster can master.also,from his post he complained about the professional not showing him what he did..really,why shd he?im a professional and pros get paid.besides,wen u go to computer village,u'd find a lot of pretenders there fronting like pros just cuz a friend has probably shown then how to format a system but waht happen thereafter?if i damage ur laptop,i know ow much u will soil ma name in this forum but when u pay for the service ,its a guaranteed money-back policy..i spend countless hours studying procedures,paying for internet which even means migrating from one network to the other because i want better satisfaction.
what ever i feel is first aid,i can share free (i may share 99%)of the info with u but remaining 1% i reserve to myself and witout dat,,u'd never be complete.quite enuf pple i have met in this forum and i thank God they have continued to bless me..currently im working on the dude [b]Kanny1[/b]laptop..his bios password has successfully being "short-pinned" and removed and just waiting to be reloaded for delivery..d dude aint even in lag..yet he sent it over..thats faith
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
peteregwu:

pls do u have any idea how much it will cost me to repair it... i mean the white screen issue?
and also the battery does not last up to an hour after fully charged.
call my hardware tech 08034062983..folly..i'd advise u take it there personally,guaranteed you will get it that same day.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
uneeking:

Hi Moderator, I have a challenge here. I installed Windows Ultimate on my system and it worked well for sometime before it started showing that it is not a genuine copy and showing blank. In order to avoid this problem, I decided to install Windows XP on one of the partitions in my laptop. Somehow, the other operating systems disappeared leaving only the XP. Now, Is there a way I can get the Windows 7 partition back? My system files were stored there. Secondly, someone was able to deactivate the Windows 7 "Not Genuine" message using Winrar but has refused to show me how to do it myself. Does anyone know how to do this in the house? Thanks in advance for your expected assistance.
whats the problem here?u want solution to ur problem or u want to learn ow to do it urself? carefully decide...i can perform a disaster recovery on request
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
luvable sam: Guruz in d house,i av a problem with my dell inspiron 4050.I noticd dat Each tym i use d laptop while chargin it,d cursor always shakes n am hardly able 2 get anytin done. But 1ce i disconnect frm power,it behaves normally. Av used several antivirus n antispyware all 2 no avail. Pls i nid urgent help n advice on how 2 stop dis cos its frustrating. Thanks in anticipation.
its your adapter. Go get the original
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
sameolg616:
dude,no disrespect but sharing sensitive info like bcd,i frown against..its not an easy procedure that endusers like the poster can master.also,from his post he complained about the professional not showing him what he did..really,why shd he?im a professional and pros get paid.besides,wen u go to computer village,u'd find a lot of pretenders there fronting like pros just cuz a friend has probably shown then how to format a system but waht happen thereafter?if i damage ur laptop,i know ow much u will soil ma name in this forum but when u pay for the service ,its a guaranteed money-back policy..i spend countless hours studying procedures,paying for internet which even means migrating from one network to the other because i want better satisfaction.
what ever i feel is first aid,i can share free (i may share 99%)of the info with u but remaining 1% i reserve to myself and witout dat,,u'd never be complete.quite enuf pple i have met in this forum and i thank God they have continued to bless me..currently im working on the dude [b]Kanny1[/b]laptop..his bios password has successfully being "short-pinned" and removed and just waiting to be reloaded for delivery..d dude aint even in lag..yet he sent it over..thats faith
abeg ..if you wana help. There's nothing hard in bcd settings if well spelt its left to the guy to follow or decide to take it to an engineer. Its these kind of mindset that has plagued africa for too long. You have a knowledge about something why not share it and let others develop from it? I beleive say he it was am african that invented computers we will still be holed up at the first generation of computers in the twenty first century.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
Lordgatt46: can anyone tell me if Asus k53e laptop is gud because im abt to buy one now
what do you wanna use it for ? I mean what kind of work.

http://onegig..com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
onegig: abeg ..if you wana help. There's nothing hard in bcd settings if well spelt its left to the guy to follow or decide to take it to an engineer. Its these kind of mindset that has plagued africa for too long. You have a knowledge about something why not share it and let others develop from it? I beleive say he it was am african that invented computers we will still be holed up at the first generation of computers in the twenty first century.
as ur name implies 1G...so outdated!to dual boot alone aint easy talkless bcd(as u said "or take it to an engineer"-better choice)..let the experts handle expert matters!this should be a forum to help us grow as its not a popularity contest here or who is beta than who..as i once proposed let all the engineers here state their expertise so we can refer all complaints to the nearest engineer.an example is d radio show AUTOMEDICS..be inspired
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordgatt46(m): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
onegig: what do you wanna use it for ? I mean what kind of work.

http://onegig..com
skul work bro,i mean assignment and project
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by luvablesam(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
sameolg616:
the ratings of ur charger is not the recommended one for the laptop..change the charger.check the back of your laptop for the required rating..a charger may be 18.5 v 3.5a and wats required is a 18.5v 4.5a or 19v 3.5a...it may be over-charging or under-charging.
also as a correction,there is no model as inspirion 4050(dont mislead us)...it should be INSPIRION N4050..and the power rating is 19.5v, 4.62a, 90W)
so check the current charger to see if they match..
the ratings on d battery frm what i am seeing is 19.5v,3.34a.I dunt knw if dats d right rating for the inspiron n4050.Just help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
gurus ooo!! i just ran a avast full scan on my p c only to discover when it was starting up to be asking for administrator and password which i never configured into it when i was loading my xp OS in the initial place .. what could be the problem guys ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 7:50am On Apr 25, 2013
sameolg616:
dude,no disrespect but sharing sensitive info like bcd,i frown against..its not an easy procedure that end users like the poster can master also,from his post he complained about the professional not showing him what he did..really,why shd he?im a professional and pros get paid.besides,wen u go to computer village,u'd find a lot of pretenders there fronting like pros just cuz a friend has probably shown then how to format a system but waht happen thereafter?if i damage ur laptop,i know ow much u will soil ma name in this forum but when u pay for the service ,its a guaranteed money-back policy..i spend countless hours studying procedures,paying for internet which even means migrating from one network to the other because i want better satisfaction.
I strongly disagree with the bolded, the knowledge you got from internet about BCD was put there free, you only pay for the internet. Life becomes a better a place when each one teach one..........If the OP doesnt get the info here, he can always get it else where. Its a small world.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2013
purplekayc: gurus ooo!! i just ran a avast full scan on my p c only to discover when it was starting up to be asking for administrator and password which i never configured into it when i was loading my xp OS in the initial place .. what could be the problem guys ?
restart your system and press f8 to enter safe mode. Just select administrator and log on. When you have logged in go to control panel and select users. You can remove the user password from there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:03am On Apr 25, 2013
sameolg616:
as ur name implies 1G...so outdated!to dual boot alone aint easy talkless bcd(as u said "or take it to an engineer"-better choice)..let the experts handle expert matters!this should be a forum to hstreegrow as its not a popularity contest here or who is beta than who..as i once proposed let all the engineers here state their expertise so we can refer all complaints to the nearest engineer.an example is d radio show AUTOMEDICS..be inspired
you are the one sounding condescending here. It ain't a contest. You are the one going on here bossing around. The answer you give might not be useful to the person you are directing it to but might be usefull to some other person. Help if you can .it does not stop from making your millions if you are as good as the engineer you claim to be .

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.