Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266161 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adepelummy: 6:31am On Apr 27, 2013
my laptop is showing wireless module (701) not installed properly what can i do. please help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adepelummy: 7:02am On Apr 27, 2013
my laptop windows 7 is showing wireless module (701) not installed properly when i on the system what can i do. please .thanks adepelummy@yahoo.com also pls how can i use my freedom
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2013
sameolg616:
i can remove that password in just 3-4mins..call me on 08061679732
thanks 4 your help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2013
pls nairalanders, i have a packard bell laptop
which the RAM was pull along with about four
(4) string of those iron that conect the ram to
the board. Pls can it be repair or will it warant
changing of the board.... Pls i need ur reply
urgently
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2013
isidollarboy: pls nairalanders, i have a packard bell laptop
which the RAM was pull along with about four
(4) string of those iron that conect the ram to
the board. Pls can it be repair or will it warant
changing of the board.... Pls i need ur reply
urgently
it depends on how the strings are been placed, you still have a slim change take it to an engineer to look at it if he can carefully work on it.

but come to think of it, how many RAM slot those it have should be more thank one i suppose
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:28am On Apr 27, 2013
purplekayc: thanks 4 your help?
ur welcome..trade secrets but carefully!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amaechi5(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2013
pls i need help.When i connect
my phone(nokia n8) to nokia suite
for the 1st time,it will show THERE
WAS A PROBLEM INSTALLING
THIS HARDWARE CDS COMMS
INTERFACE AND INSTALLATION OF NOKIA N8-00 USB MODEM
FAILED.Pls do u have any solution
to it tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blanco56(m): 11:42am On Apr 27, 2013
tunddy: hi...... i use hp pavillion dv6 my system slows down at times when using it to work,what can be the course of it....many thanks
Same here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drdreluv: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2013
PLS I NEED ACTIVATION KEY FOR SPEEDY PC PRO ANY HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2013
adewasco2k:
it depends on how the strings are been placed, you still have a slim change take it to an engineer to look at it if he can carefully work on it.

but come to think of it, how many RAM slot those it have should be more thank one i suppose
thanks I appreciàte, but u know from those iron string
that are line up side by side, 4 were pulled from there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
blanco56: Same here
here are the usual suspects:
1.low RAM-check the size of ur ram..it may be "onegig",2 and u may need an upgrade to support ur running applications
2.Startup programs/services-a lot of programs and their dependencies(services) may all be starting up at boot-time eg itunes runs dependencies like bonjour,apple mobile device...all these programs take up your memory ie if u have "onegig" and itunes alone has taken 500k,skype(50k) then the most consumer of memory;UR BROWSER(firefox,IE)the moment you are browsing and opening multiple tabs,windows..takes like 400k..
when u add up,you will have 950k outta the "onegig" used up.disable the unused apps from startup..
solution:
click on start,type MSCONFIG and press enter
-on GENERAL tab,select SELECTIVE STARTUP
-click on the SERVICES tab,check the HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES(so it can hide all the required microsoft services so u dont make ur system unstable..
-uncheck the familiar names u see there u dont need but are running(yahoo messenger,itunes,"ENCARTA"(if u are unsure,just make a screen shot so we can advise on which to uncheck
-click on the STARTUP tab.here,if ur unsure,just click on DISABLE ALL..on startup,windows will restore the required ones in the order of importance(most times,only the antivirus is restored)
-when your done click on OK(when u click APPLY,it means u still want to continue to make changes) but OK is equivalent to apply and exit

3..the last suspect..registry fix: when u uninstall applications,reference addresses are left on ur system that the processor would try to process and locate.also,privacy sweeps,junk files,shortcuts..
i use commercial registry cleaners like UNIBLUE REGISTRY BOOSTER or IOBIT ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE 6.i hear ccleaner is good too but cant recommend since i have never used it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
isidollarboy: thanks I appreciàte, but u know from those iron string
really there is no need debating ur issue anymore..simply take it to a HARDWARE EXPERT..i need to inform u that if the right precautionary moves aint taken before removing ur ram(removing ur battery)talkless of ur trying to straighten iron strings up and ur system accidentally powers up..u may blow ur motherboard!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
success olujimi:
some more info........ I tried using the hard disk as an external hard disk on another system, but i cannot still open it. tried to see it through computer management/ disk management still doesn't show up. this is what am talking about
from all u have described,u have damaged ur MBR(master boot record)since if doesnt even show up as an external..
call me on 08061679732...here is a small assignment..
goto ur CONTROL PANEL,DEVICE MANAGER...click on DISK DRIVES...u will see the name of ur external disk listed there..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
samuel...am a master of sacarsm and word play. Please you don't want me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
isidollarboy: thanks I appreciàte, but u know from those iron string
just like sameolg616 said you shouldn't mess with it as you can end up frying your mother board, just take it to an engineer, you also didnt answer me if it has just one RAM slot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by isidollarboy(m): 1:54am On Apr 28, 2013
adewasco2k:
just like sameolg616 said you shouldn't mess with it as you can end up frying your mother board, just take it to an engineer, you also didnt answer me if it has just one RAM slot
it was two but the two got damage
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 4:18am On Apr 28, 2013
plz help me out,my laptop has a strange display,d green colour in it is more than any other colour,then now it is now displaying like tv without antenna,the diplay is not clear at all,pls help me out am using sony pentium m window vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adepelummy: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2013
my laptop windows 7 is showing wireless module (701) not installed properly when i on the system what can i do. please .thanks adepelummy@yahoo.com also pls how can i use my freedom
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2013
[center]
Chiefupper: plz help me out,my laptop has a strange display,d green colour in it is more than any other colour,then now it is now displaying like tv without antenna,the diplay is not clear at all,pls help me out am using sony pentium m window vista

Please state laptop model number. for example sony vaio vgn-52545
If someone took their precious time to type, please do the same and

follow the instructions and provide a detail explanation where
necessary. In the meanwhile restart the laptop and keep pressing f2
or f1 until you get to bios setup utility. is the display

still the same in the bios setup. yes or no
. also any possibility you
could take picture and upload to us
. Lastly if you have a monitor with a

vga cable, connect it and see if you'd get the same display on the monitor
when on the monitor visit google before you start this diagnostics and find how you
can get [b]to device manager if you're lucky [/b]and check your display drivers for any problems usually a yellow sign

Last resort is to take it to a repair technician

[/center]

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2013
adepelummy: my laptop windows 7 is showing wireless module (701) not installed properly when i on the system what can i do. please .thanks adepelummy@yahoo.com also pls how can i use my freedom

Citation

Hp support

I found that this error Indicates an hardware issue with Wireless Card.
I would suggest, Try the following Perform a power Drain, by disconnecting
AC Adapter, Removing Battery and Holding the power button down for a few secs, and check...

What is the model number of the hp laptop. for example Hp G70 Windows vista or 7.
You can find this information at the back. fo example G70-6DRK.

Is the wireless light orange ? you may have to check hp website the correct laptop
model number and operating system i.e vista and compare your wireless drivers and bios version to the
one you current have. there is a known issue with hp not working on wireless

to find out how to get to device manager and to also check your bios version use google.
also you could also make sure your wifi is switched on . when in the bios you could
try uninstalling it and restart you laptop then test it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2013
tunddy: hi...... i use hp pavillion dv6 my system slows down at times when using it to work,what can be the course of it....many thanks

Given sameolg616 suggestions, i would also advice that you connect charger
to your laptop and make sure is running through the mains and
restart your laptop. Immediately keep pressing f10 or F1 for bios utility
and go to diagnostics or tools and then run me a hard drive test
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OLADO(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2013
My pc can't boot. It shows on w screen windows failed to start. I should insert d windows installation disc and restart den repair computer. However I don't have dis disc. Pls I need help on dis.
It diplays status: 0xc0000225
Info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
deji2009: [center]

Please state laptop model number. for example sony vaio vgn-52545
If someone took their precious time to type, please do the same and

follow the instructions and provide a detail explanation where
necessary. In the meanwhile restart the laptop and keep pressing f2
or f1 until you get to bios setup utility. is the display

still the same in the bios setup. yes or no
. also any possibility you
could take picture and upload to us
. Lastly if you have a monitor with a

vga cable, connect it and see if you'd get the same display on the monitor
when on the monitor visit google before you start this diagnostics and find how you
can get [b]to device manager if you're lucky [/b]and check your display drivers for any problems usually a yellow sign

Last resort is to take it to a repair technician

[/center]
sori bout dat,here ar d details:core processor*T2390*,memory*2GB*,HDD*160GB*,graphics*NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU*,OS*window vista*.am tryin to perform d instructn u gave,den i will upload d pics i took.tanx 4 ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
Chiefupper: sori bout dat,here ar d details:core processor*T2390*,memory*2GB*,HDD*160GB*,graphics*NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU*,OS*window vista*.am tryin to perform d instructn u gave,den i will upload d pics i took.tanx 4 ur help

L@@k at the plastics surrounding the laptop. the model should be near the screen, touch pad,
at the back near the coa windows product key. Its important that we know the model number .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chiefupper: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2013
deji2009:

L@@k at the plastics surrounding the laptop. the model should be near the screen, touch pad,
at the back near the coa windows product key. Its important that we know the model number .
plz cn u recommend anybody for me in ilorin dat cn help me out because I cnt find d model on d laptop except HD 1080 and I dnt think datz d model.Am sorry for my disturbance,it is due to my non-challant atitude-all I do on d laptop is to play game 24/7 until d battery runs down.The laptop has a very big screen and it is d biggest laptop i've seen so far,am tryin to upload it but it keeps tellin me d file is too large
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
Chiefupper: plz cn u recommend anybody for me in ilorin dat cn help me out because I cnt find d model on d laptop except HD 1080 and I dnt think datz d model.Am sorry for my disturbance,it is due to my non-challant atitude-all I do on d laptop is to play game 24/7 until d battery runs down.The laptop has a very big screen and it is d biggest laptop i've seen so far,am tryin to upload it but it keeps tellin me d file is too large
i got an engr in ilorin that can fix it. Pm me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OppyG: 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Good evening bro, God bless you for the good work. Lately, my system responds extremely slowly despite of the "Avast" anti-virus on the system. i downloaded "regclean-pro" even "Systweak" applications but all they could do was to find several errors (registry errors, user-related errors etc) but couldn't fix all because it was a free trial. I couldn't download full version because of on-line payment stuff. Now, my system won't boot successfully to my desktop window. After welcome message the screen goes dark with no display of any of the title bar, tool bar, or the menu bar. What do i do to make it boot successfully and to also make it work perfectly well i.e booting fast, responding fast to my clicks. Thanks, i'll be waiting for your reply.
OppyG*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OppyG: 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
Just want to know if the automatic update i should be set on or off. For now it's on and i have countless number of updates which when i even want to install failed to install. What should i do ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:47am On Apr 29, 2013
OppyG: Good evening bro, God bless you for the good work. Lately, my system responds extremely slowly despite of the "Avast" anti-virus on the system. i downloaded "regclean-pro" even "Systweak" applications but all they could do was to find several errors (registry errors, user-related errors etc) but couldn't fix all because it was a free trial. I couldn't download full version because of on-line payment stuff. Now, my system won't boot successfully to my desktop window. After welcome message the screen goes dark with no display of any of the title bar, tool bar, or the menu bar. What do i do to make it boot successfully and to also make it work perfectly well i.e booting fast, responding fast to my clicks. Thanks, i'll be waiting for your reply.
OppyG*
check the link
www.nairaland.com/1212915/system-too-slow-heres-need

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.