Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266535 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2013
Hi every one
I'm using a HP compaq nc 6220
my problem is, my CD.room just suddenly disappeare from my system, & i can't play plate frm it becus i can se wea to click it 4 it 2 start plying
i will b happy if i get any help 4rm here as usual
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomzman: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2013
Guys, I need help on this. I dont know how I deleted my administrator account on my pc (hp 650 windows cool. Now, I'm left with a local account. I cant make any changes any setting on the pc as it always ask me to type the admin password. What can I do?

Secondly, when I was setting up the system after I bought it, I mistakenly set the location to france. I have changed the language settings to english but some apps like bluetooth still shows French. What can be done about this as well. Pls I need replies as soon as possible. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:56am On Apr 25, 2013
Ifetex: Hi every one
my problem is, my CD.room just suddenly disappeare from my system, & i can't play plate frm it becus i can se wea to click it 4 it 2 start plying

visit google and type get to device manager
check to make sure no yellow signs. if no joy
go to google again and type cd dvd reg fix follow
the instructions for you operating system. be careful not
to delete the wrong lowerfilter or upper filter .bk
I am off to work but am very sure my colleagues will
attened to you as of when they are available

cd reg fix link incase u struggled ro find it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:07am On Apr 25, 2013
sameolg616:
the ratings of ur charger is not the recommended one for the laptop..change the charger.check the back of your laptop for the required rating..a charger may be 18.5 v 3.5a and wats required is a 18.5v 4.5a or 19v 3.5a...it may be over-charging or under-charging.
also as a correction,there is no model as inspirion 4050(dont mislead us)...it should be INSPIRION N4050..and the power rating is 19.5v, 4.62a, 90W)
so check the current charger to see if they match..

That's definitely a charger

cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Here in my county, we show customer what they needed to know.
Simple stuff KISS. keep it short and simple.

@Adewasko, you did the right thing by researching the
information to help the user but I am afraid that the bcd was not the right
option. in a nutshell, the user should go back to the engineer.

L@@k @ all including Myself

I would also like to stress that on a forum like our's we can only
provide 1st level and 2nd level diagnostics and solutions. where it is
not possible to rectify the customer, provide the user with plenty of information.

for example a cd drive not working

no conflicts device manager,
detected in device manager and bios
detected in my computer or computer
deleted upper and lower filters
ib regedit

tried bootable cd outside windows i.e. hirens bootcd no joy
swap test the drive on another computer this option i will
not advice a user because is a realistic for them to do that. it would be
okay with a usb stick, easy that is. after all these the user can take to
tec to fix a new drive nothing else will work. For people still new in this industry
I advise them to consider time, money and convenience, this is the difference between an
advance society. A british don't 3 hours fixing a problem he or she consider time, money cost effective
and convenience and then offer advice or repair. enjoy urself adewasko semeol616, femi, all4naija, denzell 2009, mdsocks, wolebaba, 4llenbutu and hope to see you soon online

Deji
Cmabridge

sameolg616:
dude,no disrespect but sharing sensitive info like bcd,i frown against..its not an easy procedure that endusers like the poster can master.also,from his post he complained about the professional not showing him what he did..really,why shd he?im a professional and pros get paid.besides,wen u go to computer village,u'd find a lot of pretenders there fronting like pros just cuz a friend has probably shown then how to format a system but waht happen thereafter?if i damage ur laptop,i know ow much u will soil ma name in this forum but when u pay for the service ,its a guaranteed money-back policy..i spend countless hours studying procedures,paying for internet which even means migrating from one network to the other because i want better satisfaction.
what ever i feel is first aid,i can share free (i may share 99%)of the info with u but remaining 1% i reserve to myself and witout dat,,u'd never be complete.quite enuf pple i have met in this forum and i thank God they have continued to bless me..currently im working on the dude [b]Kanny1[/b]laptop..his bios password has successfully being "short-pinned" and removed and just waiting to be reloaded for delivery..d dude aint even in lag..yet he sent it over..thats faith

@Adewasko I read your reply about the poaster with the windows 7 and xp issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emdee590(m): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2013
Ifetex: Hi every one
guy i have similar problem as urs ooo...plz smbdy ansa us
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2013
deji2009:

visit google and type get to device manager
check to make sure no yellow signs. if no joy
go to google again and type cd dvd reg fix follow
the instructions for you operating system. be careful not
to delete the wrong lowerfilter or upper filter .bk
I am off to work but am very sure my colleagues will
attened to you as of when they are available

cd reg fix link incase u struggled ro find it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

ok tnx let me try
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:08am On Apr 25, 2013
ifetex and emdee590
First......restart computer....go to
start...control
panel....system.....device
manager....under dvd/cd drives
open + and look 4 yellow caution
triangle icon...right click and
delete...close window....go to
start....run....type in "regedit"
ok..go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...open + on
SYSTEM open + on
CURRENTCONTROLSET open + on
CONTROL open + on CLASS open +
LOOK 4 {4D36E965-E325-11CE-
BFC1-08002BE,etc.} and click on
it........to screen on right look for
"lower filters" hi-lite....go to top
left and on edit right click and
delete! Do same 4 "Upper
filters"..........close window and
restart computer.............without
touching any buttons on
keyboard....except to login......you
should see driver being installed
once again for your dvd/cd
drive.........GOOD LUCK!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2013
Lordgatt46: skul work bro,i mean assignment and project
its okay if it fits your budget.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2013
Lordgatt46: skul work bro,i mean assignment and project
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
onegig: ifetex and emdee590
start...control
ok..go to
SYSTEM open + on
delete! Do same 4 "Upper
touching any buttons on

tnx 4 d respond, but the yellow coution triangle can nt be deleted when right click it wount show delet 4rm d bar it only shw -create shortcut-troubleshoot & properties
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
start...control
ok..go to
SYSTEM open + on
delete! Do same 4 "Upper
touching any buttons on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomzman: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
someone should pls respond to my post.
As a form of correction to my earlier post, its hp 650 windows 8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ifetex:

tnx 4 d respond, but the yellow coution triangle can nt be deleted when right click it wount show delet 4rm d bar it only shw -create shortcut-troubleshoot & properties
then troubleshoot it or click properties and click uninstall. Restart system and it would be fine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
onegig: then troubleshoot it or click properties and click uninstall. Restart system and it would be fine.

tnx i hv all ready did d troubleshoot & it did nt come bk, i will try d uninstall type
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ifetex:

tnx i hv all ready did d troubleshoot & it did nt come bk, i will try d uninstall type

click properties on cd/dvd rom drives in device manager and tell us the error code, for example code 10
click start, computer or my computer, is the cd dvd drive on the list ?
I find it hard sometime when I cannot understand post, please do that and
reply back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
femi4: I strongly disagree with the bolded, the knowledge you got from internet about BCD was put there free, you only pay for the internet. Life becomes a better a place when each one teach one..........If the OP doesnt get the info here, he can always get it else where. Its a small world.
Thanks femi for that, i was not gonna reply that if you havent commented on that....no body is an island...i hardly ask anybody for procedure just because of naija's mentality...they only person i have ever asked such from is either you or deji, i do my researches online and i have been very successful at that, i am not repairing computers solely for money...its passion and i do it free at times...i see no reason why i cant share a simple freeware used in dual booting which is online for free, if you were the maker of the software i can imagine how much it will cost.

If you gonna make fortune outta what you are doing you will, not until you act like that....i know people whom you will give simple procedure on how to fix their system free and they will be like no, just do it for me i will pay, but some dude trying hard to do it themselves, not always because of pride, but lack of fund to fix it....please lets try to help as much as we can whilst make money where applicable. oneLuv
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
tomzman: Guys, I need help on this. I dont know how I deleted my administrator account on my pc (hp 650 windows cool. Now, I'm left with a local account. I cant make any changes any setting on the pc as it always ask me to type the admin password. What can I do?

Secondly, when I was setting up the system after I bought it, I mistakenly set the location to france. I have changed the language settings to english but some apps like bluetooth still shows French. What can be done about this as well. Pls I need replies as soon as possible. Thanks.

I am afraid we are not able to crack password but can advise you on
which way to go. Though I don't live in Nigeria but know what people
can sometime do and that is not referring to you . That's Nigeria !

you can look for sameolg616, adwewasko, onegig and femi
on this forum, they may be able to link up with you and offer you their service.
I am not sure if they'd would take payment or not. I imagine they would.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
start...control
ok..go to
SYSTEM open + on
delete! Do same 4 "Upper
touching any buttons on
dude why dont u use screenshots since u like explaining procedures this deep..trust me most of these users dont follow like u tink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
onegig: restart your system and press f8 to enter safe mode. Just select administrator and log on. When you have logged in go to control panel and select users. You can remove the user password from there.
tried it but still showing administrator and password
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by joelreg(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
hello mod and everyone pleaase i need autocad 3d civil from 2010 to 2007 version. Can anyone assist my with d software or where i can download it. God bless you all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
purplekayc: tried it but still showing administrator and password
i can remove that password in just 3-4mins..call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2013
deji2009:

click properties on cd/dvd rom drives in device manager and tell us the error code, for example code 10
click start, computer or my computer, is the cd dvd drive on the list ?
I find it hard sometime when I cannot understand post, please do that and
reply back

nice am .....
it says... Window cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)

and i uninstall it & restarted it as u said and @ the start up it shows something like this.... 1720 SMART HARD DRIVE dectects Imminent: O
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:12am On Apr 26, 2013
purplekayc: gurus ooo!! i just ran a avast full scan on my p c only to discover when it was starting up to be asking for administrator and password which i never configured into it when i was loading my xp OS in the initial place .. what could be the problem guys ?

By default windows xp will create an administrators login during installation, I don't know why its asking you that now but normally the username administrator works with a blank password, just loggin with the password blank. If that doesn't work then u should see a pro someone already gave you a contact...he will fix that for you in no time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2013
Tanx 2 u onegig, deji2009 it has finally came bk "the CDroom"
tnx so much 4 ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
adewasco2k:

May be you should get a windows CD (get windows 7 DVD if the syetm is runing windows 7)
then boot into the DVD and try startup repair.
try that if no luck you will have to do a full windows repair

I tried that method, it just loads to the point where it says setup is starting and it hangs there. took it to some geek yesterday and he advised me to overwrite the old windows installation with a new one.
I tried that by using a windows installation CD stil no solution. Its even worse that when i try it as an external hard disk, on another system, I cannot access it. every advise is very muc appreciated, please help!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
sameolg616:
i did a forced restart[/b]in ur own admission.no uninstalling an antivirus especially kaspersky(my expert zone)can cause ur system to be unstable..as the WWE advert say [b]"the moves we do in the ring are performed by professionally trained atheletes,PLS DONT TRY THIS AT HOME"
.meaning,i force restart my system atimes..why?because i sure know when some goes wrong,i have all the knowledge to bring it back to life..unlike u.
the os is corrupt or basically ur startup..u can perform a startup repair as a first aid else ur may have generated bad sectors or as the othe dude advised..repair ur system..i hope its carefully done so u dont lose ur data

Thanks for the rebuke tho, was told that the kapersky deleted a trojan horse which infected the start up and deleted some boot files.nerd stuff. as for the start up repair, doesn't solve the problem since i've tried it severally. If i've generated bad sectors, i'd like to know if nuthn can b done abt it. I am quite confident that someone here can help me solve this problem. Guruz abeg step on this one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
success olujimi:

Thanks for the rebuke tho, was told that the kapersky deleted a trojan horse which infected the start up and deleted some boot files.nerd stuff. as for the start up repair, doesn't solve the problem since i've tried it severally. If i've generated bad sectors, i'd like to know if nuthn can b done abt it. I am quite confident that someone here can help me solve this problem. Guruz abeg step on this one.
sure you can solve the problem with a windows repair, its just like a fresh installation only that the installation file will only replace the windows core files and still retain your files and settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
adewasco2k:
sure you can solve the problem with a windows repair, its just like a fresh installation only that the installation file will only replace the windows core files and still retain your files and settings

I've tried it, but it doesn't even get past the "setup is starting " screen. it just hangs there. please how can i get past this point?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by successolujimi: 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
success olujimi:

I've tried it, but it doesn't even get past the "setup is starting " screen. it just hangs there. please how can i get past this point?
some more info........ I tried using the hard disk as an external hard disk on another system, but i cannot still open it. tried to see it through computer management/ disk management still doesn't show up. this is what am talking about

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
hi...... i use hp pavillion dv6 my system slows down at times when using it to work,what can be the course of it....many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.